PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Gitmo Detainee Believed Responsible for Homicide Bombing In Iraq



Izyan
05-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Ex-Gitmo Detainee Believed Responsible for Homicide Bombing In Iraq
Monday , May 05, 2008



ADVERTISEMENT
Three years ago, Abdullah Saleh al-Ajmi, a Kuwaiti soldier who deserted to fight in Afghanistan alongside the Taliban, sat in a detention cell at the U.S. naval base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, while lawyers argued whether he was an "enemy combatant."

Last week, a Dubai-based television channel reported that al-Ajmi was killed carrying out a homicide bombing in Mosul, Iraq.

While the report did not specify which attack Abdullah carried out, Iraqi officials reported that Mosul was hit on April 26 by three homicide attacks, killing seven people.

CBS News reported that al-Ajmi carried out an attack on Wednesday, April 30, according to an unconfirmed report posted on a jihadist Web site.

Al-Ajmi's cousin, Salem, reportedly told Al-Arabiya television that , "We were shocked by the painful news we received ... from one of the friends of martyr Abdullah in Iraq."

Salem al-Ajmi reportedly said a friend told his cousin's family that the 30-year-old former detainee had fled Kuwait about two weeks ago.

Abdullah Saleh al-Ajmi, who was repatriated to Kuwait in November, 2005, was free on bail there awaiting trial on charges he helped to raise money for Al Qaeda.

U.S. counterterrorism analysts argued in a review of al-Ajmi's activities that he should not be released or returned to Kuwait based on the following:

— That he deserted from the Kuwaiti army to participate in a jihad in Afghanistan;

— The Taliban supplied him with arms, including grenades;

— He admitted fighting with the Taliban, including engaging in two or three firefights;

— He was captured by coalition forces in the Tora Bora region, an area once thought to be a hideout of Usama bin Laden;

— That upon his arrival at Guantanamo he demonstrated "aggressive" behavior; and,

— Based on a review of classified and unclassified documents, al-Ajmi was declared a threat to the United States and its allies.

Al-Ajmi denied all charges that he was an enemy combatant and a jihadist, and that documented statements were untrue.

He was repatriated to Kuwaiti authorities on Nov. 3, 2005.

Salem al-Ajmi said his cousin had a son after his return to Kuwait.

Reuters reported that Salem al-Ajmi said there were no indications his cousin planned to join Al Qaeda in Iraq, although he had become less sociable in the period leading up to his disappearance.

The International Herald Tribune and wire services contributed to this report.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Izyan
05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Bump
Reply

Keltoi
05-07-2008, 02:32 PM
He isn't the only former Gitmo detainee to jump right into where they left off before being captured. Another detainee was responsible for the beheading of Chinese workers in Pakistan a couple of years ago.
Reply

islamirama
05-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Keltoi
He isn't the only former Gitmo detainee to jump right into where they left off before being captured. Another detainee was responsible for the beheading of Chinese workers in Pakistan a couple of years ago.
The Ministry of Pakistan themselves admitted it was US gov't involved in the killing of chinese.

Most of these detaniees are innocents and nothing more. IF any do get into any activities after being released, it is does NOT mean they did it before. For all we know, the torture and injustice they faced in the barbarian's prisons may have driven them to this revengeful path.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Izyan
05-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
The Ministry of Pakistan themselves admitted it was US gov't involved in the killing of chinese.

Most of these detaniees are innocents and nothing more. IF any do get into any activities after being released, it is does NOT mean they did it before. For all we know, the torture and injustice they faced in the barbarian's prisons may have driven them to this revengeful path.
Since he has no relatives in Afghnaistan what was his purpose of being there? To see the beautiful landscape? to partake in the annual goat chase? To attend a random wedding? If it was to take up the Jihad against the occupiers wouldn't he be an enemy to the US and thus his detention was valid?

By the way where is your proof that the Ministry of Pakistan admitted it was the US that killed the chinese.
Reply

islamirama
05-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Izyan
Since he has no relatives in Afghnaistan what was his purpose of being there? To see the beautiful landscape? to partake in the annual goat chase? To attend a random wedding? If it was to take up the Jihad against the occupiers wouldn't he be an enemy to the US and thus his detention was valid?
He could be on vacation for all we know. And besides, He doesn't need a reason to go there nor to any Muslim land because all muslim land is one land. What is US doing there? more oil piplines for it's corp buddies?

By the way where is your proof that the Ministry of Pakistan admitted it was the US that killed the chinese.
Try searching threads under pakistan and lal masjid and chinese
Reply

Izyan
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
He could be on vacation for all we know. And besides, He doesn't need a reason to go there nor to any Muslim land because all muslim land is one land. What is US doing there? more oil piplines for it's corp buddies?



Try searching threads under pakistan and lal masjid and chinese
Straw man. We know why Americans are there. We are talking about this brother. Are you telling me that a war torn country is a hotbed for tourism? Remeber before the US the Taliban was fighting against the Northern Alliance.
Reply

Izyan
05-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Try searching threads under pakistan and lal masjid and chinese
r work for you.
No you provide a link. The burden of proof is upon you because you made the claim. I won't be doing you
Reply

islamirama
05-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Izyan
Straw man. We know why Americans are there. We are talking about this brother. Are you telling me that a war torn country is a hotbed for tourism? Remeber before the US the Taliban was fighting against the Northern Alliance.
delusional man, only american ppl don't know why their troops really are over there. The Taliban had most of the nation under control and the northern alliance (warlord gangs) were being taken care off. What does your corrupt regime do? go fund the warlord gangs to over throw a legitimate government, but i guess the policy of the biggest terrorists to fund other little terrorists like that.

Originally Posted by Izyan
r work for you.
No you provide a link. The burden of proof is upon you because you made the claim. I won't be doing you

I'm not in the habit of going in circles. You should pay attention to when proof is provided and have the brains to remember it for the future. Since you want it and it already has been provided once, it's ur job to go find it on this forum.
Reply

Izyan
05-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
delusional man, only american ppl don't know why their troops really are over there. The Taliban had most of the nation under control and the northern alliance (warlord gangs) were being taken care off. What does your corrupt regime do? go fund the warlord gangs to over throw a legitimate government, but i guess the policy of the biggest terrorists to fund other little terrorists like that.




I'm not in the habit of going in circles. You should pay attention to when proof is provided and have the brains to remember it for the future. Since you want it and it already has been provided once, it's ur job to go find it on this forum.
What the US is doing in Afghanistan has nothing to do with this thread. Nice try in trying to derail the thread but it's not happening. If he wasn't there to fight the US what was he doing there? Are you gonna stick with the just visiting the gift shop argument?
Reply

islamirama
05-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Izyan
What the US is doing in Afghanistan has nothing to do with this thread. Nice try in trying to derail the thread but it's not happening. If he wasn't there to fight the US what was he doing there? Are you gonna stick with the just visiting the gift shop argument?

nice try turning it around on me after derailing it, i'll stick to what i said before....

Most of these detaniees are innocents and nothing more. IF any do get into any activities after being released, it is does NOT mean they did it before. For all we know, the torture and injustice they faced in the barbarian's prisons may have driven them to this revengeful path.
Reply

Izyan
05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
nice try turning it around on me after derailing it, i'll stick to what i said before....
Once again if he is innocent what was he doing in Afghanistan?
Reply

Omar_Mukhtar
05-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Izyan
Once again if he is innocent what was he doing in Afghanistan?
is that a crime?
Reply

barney
05-08-2008, 12:27 AM
It's a very popular Tourist spot I'll have you know!

Lets just say I'm not exactly staggered into total amazement on this one. The standard leftist/ muslim veiw is that all the detainees are gentle , loving, moderate childcare workers, being repeatedly raped and killed several times a day each as they are force fed pork.
The reality might be a tadge different. The majority were caught in Afganistan and Iraq with Guns, Bombs, Grenades etc, in trenches and dug into caves.

Call me weird, but since leaving the army , ive managed to avoid walking around with a grenade in my pocket or hanging out in a Cave in Helmand with a pile of RPG's.
Reply

snakelegs
05-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by barney
The reality might be a tadge different. The majority were caught in Afganistan and Iraq with Guns, Bombs, Grenades etc, in trenches and dug into caves.
well, there was a bit of a war going on, you know....
Reply

barney
05-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
well, there was a bit of a war going on, you know....

Aye, which would make them POW's, which is why gitmo is wrong. They should be held as such until the Taliban are disbanded, then released.
Reply

Keltoi
05-08-2008, 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by barney
Aye, which would make them POW's, which is why gitmo is wrong. They should be held as such until the Taliban are disbanded, then released.
That might work if every detainee at Gitmo was associated with the Taliban regime, which isn't the case. Many are members of Al-Qaeda or affiliated groups whose intention is prolonged insurgency. It does tend to muddy the waters a bit.
Reply

barney
05-08-2008, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by Keltoi
That might work if every detainee at Gitmo was associated with the Taliban regime, which isn't the case. Many are members of Al-Qaeda or affiliated groups whose intention is prolonged insurgency. It does tend to muddy the waters a bit.
Yeah, I suppose since they are a member of an organisation, that war can be declared on that Organiastion and its affiliates/ allies.

The POW status could be maintained until peace was declared by the signing of a treaty. Breaking the treaty could lead to recaptures etc etc, and a further treaty could include statements that if the treaty was broken again then a state of permenat war would exist until the orgainsiation was destroyed totally. Which is impossible, but legally better than "hostile combatants"
Reply

Izyan
05-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Omar_Mukhtar
is that a crime?
No but it makes him a legitmate suspect.
Reply

MTAFFI
05-08-2008, 02:09 PM
it is sometimes upsetting to see such a blatant veil of ignorance to justify injustice. The man was captured, the man had evidence pointing to his guilt, he was released by the US in good faith that he was in fact detained wrongfully, and then he goes and kills himself along with however many others... how is that right? How is that justified? It is wrong, plain and simple, and it is a perfect example of why many of the detainees at gitmo are held there, because it is known what the possible consequence is if released. As someone else said, they aren't held there because they were picking daisies in a helmand opium field, they are there because they were captured in combat. Not only that but these people were of such interest that they were boarded on a plane and flown overseas to be interrogated and removed from the conflict completely, indicating to me that they may have enough value that the possibility of escape or being broke out was a serious security threat.

Some may be wondering how I am muslim and still feel this way, well to be fair I will explain briefly. This war has cost a mere 4000 US troops lives, how many Iraqis and Afghan have died? If you care to look a staggering percentage of the deaths are caused by these suicide bombs, you can go conspiracy if you like, and I know some will, but I choose to take the path a little more traveled, which is the obvious. Although I have only been a Muslim for a short time, I know what the Quran and it teachings tell me, and I know what Allah (swt) tells me as well, and that is that the majority of these groups (al qaeda et al) are not doing jihad or fighting oppression, they are horrible backwards murderers who are fighting for people that have no religious significance and no authority to declare any jihad. They are no better than those they claim to hate.

Just to make it clear, I dont support my governments involvement in Iraq either.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 01:14 AM
  3. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 03:13 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 02:45 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!