/* */

PDA

View Full Version : right or wrong?

Abdallah_N
05-06-2008, 09:56 PM
:sl: jamei`an,

i would like to ask if its good or not good to put qur`an on computer while praying. i have seen my frienmd doing that and i told him that its better not good to do so since its better for more khoshou` and focus in your salat. am i right or wrong??? plz answer quickly i dnt want to lead a person in the wrong way?

thanks in adnvance,
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-07-2008, 08:23 AM
:salamext:

I think you should listen to the Qur'aan with your full attention, hence not put it on whilst praying because your attention is focused towards prayer?

Allaahu Aalim..

Snowflake
05-07-2008, 09:07 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

I agree with Brok3n sis. The Quran is meant to be read/listened to for understanding. If one is praying salah at the same time, either their attention is on the Quran or on salah. They cannot do both things at once even if they had two heads. Both require full attention, not half and half.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Abdallah_N
05-07-2008, 09:23 AM
thnx for your help guys, jazakom allah khayran. I was thinking abt it last night and im also wondering now if that applies when im studying, usually when i study i put qur`an on but my focus is on my studies not on the qur`an, this even sounds wrong when only saying it, hehe, although sumtimes i think its better to study in complete silence :s.. this is confusing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
05-07-2008, 10:55 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb

Etiquettes of Listening to or Reading the Holy Quran (Q&As)
From Askimam.org

Question: Is it permissible to listen to the Qur'an (audio tapes, etc.) when involved in other activities (assignments, reading, etc.)?

Answer: When the Qur'aan is recited, it is compulsory to listen attentively. It is not permissible to play an audio tape of the recitation of the Qur'aan while engaged in other activities. That diverts one's attention from listening to the Qur'aan.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

More Q&A can be found here: http://www.islamise.co.uk/Quran/Quran_Etiquettes.htm

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

------
05-08-2008, 08:35 AM

Wa Iyaaki. Better to listen with full concentration inshaaAllaah :)

Ibn Al Aqwa
05-08-2008, 08:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb

More Q&A can be found here: http://www.islamise.co.uk/Quran/Quran_Etiquettes.htm

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

But there is a difference opinion on this...

Shaykh Yahya Ibrahim, for example, is of the opinion, and stated that it is allowed, when doing day to day housework activities, such as Cleaning, Cooking etc...

And Allaah, the ever lasting, knows best...

Wa Alaykum Salaam

Snowflake
05-08-2008, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Al Aqwa-
But there is a difference opinion on this...

Shaykh Yahya Ibrahim, for example, is of the opinion, and stated that it is allowed, when doing day to day housework activities, such as Cleaning, Cooking etc...

And Allaah, the ever lasting, knows best...

Wa Alaykum Salaam
asalam alaikum wr wb,

That's logical, since when doing housework, one isn't mentally engaged like when studying, so you can listen to the Quran when cooking curry. :D

What makes is wrong is when doing things that distract you from listening to the Quran with full attention.

wa alaikum asalam.

------
05-08-2008, 11:41 AM

^ Says you!! Try learning how to cook n pay full attention to the Qur'aan...

A scenario that could arise:

*dad* - Why is there so much salt in this?
*me* - i only put 2 teaspoons...or was it 2 tablespoons...hmm...*runs away*

:-[

Snowflake
05-08-2008, 11:47 AM
now listening to Quran while learning to cook when there's like 10 other people involved is definitely wrong! ;D

and don't forget, too many cooks........ :P

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.