/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Friend and Akhi, Riad Hamad

Woodrow
05-07-2008, 10:17 PM
I was very privilaged to have known Riad. I wish I had known him better. Riad was the founder of the Palestinian Childrens Welafare Fund, a charity I was closely involved with. He lived fairly close to me and attended the same Masjid in Austin.

He died a very bizarre and tragic death during the time I was making marriage preparations and I neglected to post his story. May he find peace in Jannah and may the truth of his death be solved.

Read the story:

http://www.freedom4um.com/cgi-bin/re...i?ArtNum=78593

The local papers and TV hardly mentioned his death. Here is the closest thing to a news report.

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=8176879

He was wrapped in duct tape and found floating in a lake, the police report ruled it a suicide.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
teen-omar
05-07-2008, 10:21 PM
inna lillahi wa inna illayhi ra7i3uun
may allah bless him for all the good work he has done for this ummah
ameen

Pk_#2
05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Innalillahi Wa Inna ilayhi Rajioon.

Güven
05-07-2008, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by teen-omar
inna lillahi wa inna illayhi ra7i3uun
may allah bless him for all the good work he has done for this ummah
ameen
Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Na7lah
05-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Inalillah wa ina ilayhi Raji3oon :(
may Allah reward him abundantly

InToTheRain
05-07-2008, 11:28 PM
:sl: Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Innahlilahi wa Inna Ilahi Rajioon, death by drowning is a death given to the Shaheeds, Mash'Allah.

He was duct taped and they think their is a possibility for suicide? Subaha'Allah.

Link to his charity:

http://www.pcwf.org/

snakelegs
05-08-2008, 12:35 AM
how horrible. :unhappy:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-08-2008, 12:51 AM
:sl:

Inna lillahi wa inna alaihi rajioun:(

He was ductaped and they think it was suicide? Are you kidding me. How can a ductaped man throw himself in the water, or even tape himself completely? That's pathetic. Like one arm side of him would have to be completely free of tape or he'd have to roll himself to the water. And something like that wouldn't go unnoticed. Doesn't even make sense.

May Allah(swt) grant him Jannah InshaAllah, Ameen. And Ameen to the other du'as.

Woodrow
05-08-2008, 03:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
:sl:

Inna lillahi wa inna alaihi rajioun:(

He was ductaped and they think it was suicide? Are you kidding me. How can a ductaped man throw himself in the water, or even tape himself completely? That's pathetic. Like one arm side of him would have to be completely free of tape or he'd have to roll himself to the water. And something like that wouldn't go unnoticed. Doesn't even make sense.

May Allah(swt) grant him Jannah InshaAllah, Ameen. And Ameen to the other du'as.
Plus Riad did not meet the stereotype for suicide. he was active, no indication of depression and had a goal in life plus as a devout Muslim, suicide would not be an option.

It is very rare for a person who is working on a solid goal and seeing results to consider suicide.

Jazakalla Khayran and Ameen to the Du3as

truemuslim
05-08-2008, 03:40 AM
***WARNING*** CRUEL MESSAGE***

Assalamu alaikum

r these cops freaking retarded!!???

he is duct taped and they call it suicide ??! yep theyr stupid
first WHAT MUSLIM wud duct tape themselves and jump ina lake.??
plus innit a bit just a teeny weeny BIT hard to duct tape urself??? i fink yess!
they stupid cops. i tell ya american cops are so freakin dum and deserve to die and go to hell !!
stupid cops
they so racist!

ignore this part if i read it wrong...which im believing i did....:-[

***UNCRUEL PART***
Innalillah wa ina alayhi raji'uun!!
May allah prevent from him tormenting in the grave and may allah grant him jannah inshallah !!
:(
Jazakallah khair brother woodrow for caring about this brother and posting the storys up!
WaSalaam

Amat Allah
05-08-2008, 04:57 AM
Asalamo Alikom

tell ya american cops are so freakin dum and deserve to die and go to hell !!
Astagfor Allah don`t say that my dear sister ....

anyway inaa lellah wa inaa alayhe rajeoon...

may Allah protect him from the torment of hell and reward him with Jannat Al ferdous
and make him the happiest in the hereafter...

praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon his messenger Muhammad...

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

cute123
05-08-2008, 05:59 AM
May Allah Reward Him , but i feel angered . Its like are we suppose to leave palestine children to die. Or Israelites to take the palestine till they have killed and got ridden of every palestine. I mean is there nothing that could be done.

palestinemuslim
05-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Assalam alykum

Yes, I was schocked when I heard death of Brother Riad Hamad.

I knew Hamad as Great Muslim , who liked palestine, as Great man who did all his effort to help Palestinians Families.

My First meeting with Riad Hamad was by brother Woodrow , I emailed him many times related Palestinians Families in Palestine who need help and support.

and wallahy this Great Muslim helped them . he always gave all his time to help palestine .

As soon as I send to him story of Palestinian family, he help and support them quickly.

he always cared about Palestine and about children and Poors in Palestine.

I loved him as an active Muslim working for Palestine and Muslims .

Riad Hamad you are in Our Duaa and you are in our Hearts. and Inshallah all the families and all children in Palestine will remember you .

------
05-08-2008, 08:40 AM
:salamext:

To Allaah we belong and indeed to Him we shall return.

I'm sorry for your loss Uncle Woodrow, I know that no words will make you feel better....It's truly hurtful when a loved one goes away from you in this life, but at least you know if they're ok etc. However, when a loved one goes away from you forever, it hurts more than you can describe in words....

The above are probably just empty words to you...

I don't know what to say except; May Allaah reward him for all the work he did, and may he have a place in Jannat Ul Firdous, Ameen...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.