/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interested in a comedy movie on being Muslim in America? (please read before voting)

arabinamerica
05-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Would you be willing to invest $50 USD to turn the film below into a Major Hollywood Feature?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cCGFkigPQSg

For More Information – Please Read Below

This might be a little odd, but let me introduce myself. My name is Nabil Abou-Harb, I’m an Arab-American film director in the United States. We’re currently working on a feature film comedy called, “Arab! in America!” which is a really funny story about a guy named Osama Ahmed Abou-Bakr trying to find a job in America after 9/11.

It’s a comedy that tries to shed light on the hardships that Muslims and Middle Easterners have to go through everyday in America. We’ve already shot a short-film based on this idea, and I invite you to take a look at the short’s trailer below.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cCGFkigPQSg

Here’s where we’re at… The short-film, Arab! in America! has screened at the Cannes International Film Festival, The Memphis International Film Festival, and the Washington D.C. International Film Festival where it also took home the Audience Award for Best Short Film.

After we screened the film, the response was overwhelming. You should see my Email Inbox. Everyday, I gut pummeled with emails from Arabs, Muslims, and Americans alike – all “begging” for us to make this into a full, feature film. We’ve even talked to a couple of production companies and major movie studios about the project. So we all sat down and wrote – what we think – is an incredible screenplay based off the short.

Here’s where the tricky part comes into play. Full feature movies with A-List actors cost a whole lot more money to make. We have a conservative budget of around 5 million dollars – which in the world of Hollywood, really isn’t all that much money (Little Miss Sunshine was shot for 8 million). All the investors we showed the screenplay to, thought the script was great – but because of the subject matter, they all have passed on the project.

We’ve been shopping around the screenplay for six months and have come really close to getting it funded a couple of times, but we’re now taking matters into our hands. We believe this is a story that needs to be told and it needs to happen as soon as possible. So here’s what we’re thinking about…

Instead of asking the Middle Eastern and Muslim communities to just donate funds – we’re asking to see if people would be interested – at $50 USD – to purchase shares of the movie.

Here’s how it would work – for $50 USD you’d get 1 share out of 100,000 shares in the movie. That one share would be a small percentage of the film. The more you buy, the more of the movie you own. And when the movie comes out –the money the film makes would be dispersed throughout all the shares – which turns our funding problem into a unique investment opportunity for everyone. No studio would own this movie. This film would be owned by the entire Middle Eastern and Muslim community. And we’d all share in the profits.

We really think this is a great, funny, and most importantly – pertinent film. This film speaks to the American public in a comedic way – allowing them to understand our problems in a non-threatening way. I wouldn’t have put over two years of my life into this project if I didn’t think it’d be huge. So we’re scouring the message boards asking people… If we set this up, would you Invest $50 to help make this movie a reality?

Thanks,

Nabil Abou-Harb

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
05-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Wow sounds hilarius and tiight...i vote yehh
and im arab...and muslim...:D

Güven
05-09-2008, 08:33 AM
^^And you are in America (right?):D

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2008, 03:28 PM
i meant to vote number 2 not 4.

can someone change that for me?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
05-09-2008, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
^^And you are in America (right?):D

lol yeh but that doesnt matter

we need more "worth it" type of comedy in the u.s ....u do realize prince of bel-air is sooo getting old....i watched lyk every episode now :exhausted

Güven
05-09-2008, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol yeh but that doesnt matter

we need more "worth it" type of comedy in the u.s ....u do realize prince of bel-air is sooo getting old....i watched lyk every episode now :exhausted
Lol Thats soo true I watched every episodes TWICE :D

chacha_jalebi
05-09-2008, 09:02 PM
:threadclo

if anyone would like to donate, im sure they will, no need to have a voting system:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.