PDA

View Full Version : DONT U GET MAD ! WHEN SOMEONE ask u ..



arabianprincess
05-09-2008, 04:07 AM
salam wa 3lykom..... greeting :)



i just wanted to say that some ppl ask u the most silliest questions! sometimes u just lose ur control .. at that point wat should u do..

some r ... like

EXAMPLES


Q 1 r u depressed?

Q 2 r u forced to be like this... never ask me y u doing this...

Q3 r u married yet.... reallly ppl can u just ask me about somethin important.. rather than... thinkin all muslim females r married at 15

Q 4 how come u dont go to school in that other state .. guess wat its for muslim....

maybe i dont want toooooooooooooooooooo ! ....


....... should u answer in scarcism back.. or just ignore em................. i mean if someone was realllly serious.. they wont ask that type of Q's


also in my other class my teacher was sayin ... yeah muslim females r depressed n we r controled... just because she read some books.. n articles n just based it on that... which just got me maddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd .... i need to calm down.... but i didnt respond because..i couldnt i wasnt scared .. but i thought i might get in a fight..n get expelled. thank god someone else did :D salamzzzzzzzzzzz
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
05-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Well I remember when I was in Primary School (yes long time ago!) people used to ask me literally all the time:

Are you vegetarian?
No, I just don't eat Pork.

1 week later...

Oh yeah by the way, Ali, are you vegetarian?
No I just don't eat Pork because I'm a Muslim.

1 week later...

Hah. Oh yeah, you're a vegetarian, right?
I already told you, I just don't eat Pork!
Since when?
:|
Reply

Na7lah
05-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Are you vegetarian?
No, I just don't eat Pork.

1 week later...

Oh yeah by the way, Ali, are you vegetarian?
No I just don't eat Pork because I'm a Muslim.

1 week later...

Hah. Oh yeah, you're a vegetarian, right?
I already told you, I just don't eat Pork!
Since when?
lol ;D
people can get annoying sometimes
i jus ignore them
Reply

Güven
05-10-2008, 10:45 PM
yeah exactly I have that problems too but also the non-practising muslims are getting me frustraded too they ask me like "Are you going to fast this year in the ramadan ?, I heard is goin to be very late this year '' such stupid questions OFCOURSE I am goin to fast this year, Inshallah :D
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
al Amaanah
05-11-2008, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by Güven
yeah exactly I have that problems too but also the non-practising muslims are getting me frustraded too they ask me like "Are you going to fast this year in the ramadan ?, I heard is goin to be very late this year '' such stupid questions OFCOURSE I am goin to fast this year, Inshallah :D

LOL en of ze die elk jaar vragen
Reply

arabianprincess
05-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by Ali.
Well I remember when I was in Primary School (yes long time ago!) people used to ask me literally all the time:

Are you vegetarian?
No, I just don't eat Pork.

1 week later...

Oh yeah by the way, Ali, are you vegetarian?
No I just don't eat Pork because I'm a Muslim.

1 week later...

Hah. Oh yeah, you're a vegetarian, right?
I already told you, I just don't eat Pork!
Since when?
:|
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

im talkin about even now that im in a unversity... they still keep askin me the same old dumb Q's
Reply

arabianprincess
05-11-2008, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by Güven
yeah exactly I have that problems too but also the non-practising muslims are getting me frustraded too they ask me like "Are you going to fast this year in the ramadan ?, I heard is goin to be very late this year '' such stupid questions OFCOURSE I am goin to fast this year, Inshallah :D
i been asked that Q before... subhan allah...realllly annoyin
Reply

Malaikah
05-11-2008, 05:54 AM
:sl:

Someone once asked my friend if Muslim women cover their heads because they don't have hair LOL. That was the funniest thing ever! I didn't get annoyed at her because she is an international students and where she comes from 1. people who cover their hair do so because they don't have hair, 2. she'd never seen Muslims before, 3. she said that her family back home was amazed when they learned she had Muslim friends and actually wanted to see pictures!

Well, as for how you should reply, it depends on how they ask. If they are genuine, then you should reply nicely. If they are being rude/smart/jerks, you might want to ignore or make a sharp/smart (but not impolite!) reply if you think it will be of benefit.

Example of the second case:

Arrogant mean girl dressed not so modestly on hot day: Aren't you hot in that.
You: Aren't you?
Arrogant girl: Yeh, of course I am.
You: Well so am I. *shrugs*
Reply

Al-Zaara
05-11-2008, 06:14 AM
Selam aleykum,


I look Italian so this non-Muslim comes up to me and says:

"Hey... Umm.. My friend there says you're Muslim, but aren't you Italian..?!"
And I say: "I'm an Italian catholic chic who wears the veil."
He then says, in all seriousness: "WOW!!! So you wanna resemble Virgin Mary? Wow.."

After a while studying him and realizing he really thought I was being real and he obviously hadn't heard my sarcasm, I said: "You idiot."
He: "What?"


It can be so much funny to joke with those poor, serious ones who honestly don't have a clue. ;D
Reply

Malaikah
05-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
And I say: "I'm an Italian catholic chic who wears the veil."
:sl:

Sis, as far as I know you aren't allowed to say that you are anything other than a Muslim, even in joking (as in, that you belong to another religion).

Allahu A'lam, maybe you should look in to it. I've been taught that it's very wrong to say that.
Reply

cute123
05-11-2008, 07:30 AM
I used to think i am the one who gets irritated at stupid questions. but when i see how much u all have to face , its like mine is nothing. I get hot tempered , as the person who asks is a muslim itself. and its a funny scene , u cant get along with ladies of any age (starting from 12 till old) without speaking bad about the other , else u r not taken in the group i use to feel, eeks. and as a result always left out, and had that anger in me. like why r people bad , and why do they speak bad. the most funny part i noticed, as soon as i speak against someone(recently), i am taken inside the group (till then i never knew what the problem is). else u r sitting in family gatherings and r just left all alone because ur presence is like they cant speak what they want to. and hence i was always left behind with literally no freinds and no one to speak around. even amongst relatives i am suppose to be 1 of the most stern , rude , person. i was actually fedup with the environ . how come i didnt catch up that , i dont know, but when i see the remarks u all have to face, gives me a lesson that i need to be a bit patient.
Reply

extinction
05-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I would love to comment, but I'm guessing those q's are geared towards females.
Reply

Al-Zaara
05-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

Sis, as far as I know you aren't allowed to say that you are anything other than a Muslim, even in joking (as in, that you belong to another religion).

Allahu A'lam, maybe you should look in to it. I've been taught that it's very wrong to say that.
Could possibly be, I have no clue to be honest. I don't see wrong in it in that particular situation, but inshaAllah I'll ask my Imaam. :thumbs_up

Aleykum selam
Reply

Pk_#2
05-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Could possibly be, I have no clue to be honest. I don't see wrong in it in that particular situation, but inshaAllah I'll ask my Imaam. :thumbs_up

Aleykum selam
Have you heard that hadith where it says something like 'If you say you're a kafir you become one'? I duno I can't find it though.

As for the title, no I don't get mad, How else are they menno know?
Reply

barney
05-11-2008, 10:16 AM
I'd go with sarcasm personally :D
Reply

Muhammad
05-11-2008, 10:44 AM
:sl:

Even for the person who is making a comment out of mockery, an honest reply might actually change their attitude and teach them something unexpectedly. For one thing, you are returning evil for goodness. Perhaps the tafseer of the following verses might be of relevance here:

The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allâh ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.

But none is granted it (the above quality) except those who are patient, and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion (of the happiness in the Hereafter i.e. Paradise and in this world of a high moral character).

[Fussilat 41:34-35]


From Tafseer ibn Katheer:
Wisdom in Da`wah etc.


[وَلاَ تَسْتَوِى الْحَسَنَةُ وَلاَ السَّيِّئَةُ]


(The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal.) means, there is a huge difference between them.


[ادْفَعْ بِالَّتِى هِىَ أَحْسَنُ]


(Repel (the evil) with one which is better,) means, `when someone does you wrong, repel him by treating him well,' as `Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "There is no better punishment for one who has disobeyed Allah with regard to you, than your obeying Allah with regard to him.''


[فَإِذَا الَّذِى بَيْنَكَ وَبَيْنَهُ عَدَاوَةٌ كَأَنَّهُ وَلِىٌّ حَمِيمٌ]


(then verily he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.) means, `if you treat well those who treat you badly, this good deed will lead to reconciliation, love and empathy, and it will be as if he is a close friend to you and he will feel pity for you and be kind to you.' Then Allah says:


[وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلاَّ الَّذِينَ صَبَرُواْ]


(But none is granted it except those who are patient) meaning, no one accepts this advice and works according to it, except for those who can be patient in doing so, for it is difficult for people to do.


[وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَآ إِلاَّ ذُو حَظِّ عَظِيمٍ]


(and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion) means, the one who has a great portion of happiness in this world and in the Hereafter. `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas explained this Ayah: "Allah commands the believers to be patient when they feel angry, to be forbearing when confronted with ignorance, and to forgive when they are mistreated. If they do this, Allah will save them from the Shaytan and subdue their enemies to them until they become like close friends.''


http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=41&tid=46703
Reply

barney
05-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah, i'll confim that sarcasm wont get anyone far in the end, its a short term stress releiver when faced with dumb questions. Often counter productive.
However the people who ask such daft questions often wont realise its sarcasm. :)
Reply

Al-Zaara
05-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Happy
Have you heard that hadith where it says something like 'If you say you're a kafir you become one'? I duno I can't find it though.
Nope. If you could find it though, I'd be interested. I know the one about having a bad company makes you like them, but that also shouldn't be taken completely literally.

OT: It is also good if you just ignore, sometimes it's the strongest defence.
Reply

Fishman
05-11-2008, 12:23 PM
:sl:
I was crossing the road one day and I saw a year 9 jerk who I know hates me...

Kid: Hey look! Its Oliver! *laughing to himself* Are you all right?
Me: No.
Kid: Why not?
Me: Because you're here!

:w:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-11-2008, 01:16 PM
treat every question like an opportunity to teach people about islaam and do it with a smile :)
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-11-2008, 03:49 PM
^^Yesss, it's your chance for Dawah. How you present yourself will make a difference, big or small.

:sl:
Reply

islamirama
05-11-2008, 03:55 PM
When i was asked about if i can eat meat or pork or what not by my classmates, i would just give them the right answer and they be ok with that. Then in High school, most of the questions were your arrogant ones, always something like "are you related to saddam"? i should've said: not as much as you are related to hitler.
Reply

al Amaanah
05-11-2008, 04:51 PM
^ LOL exactly
Reply

MaiCarInMtl
05-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
When i was asked about if i can eat meat or pork or what not by my classmates, i would just give them the right answer and they be ok with that. Then in High school, most of the questions were your arrogant ones, always something like "are you related to saddam"? i should've said: not as much as you are related to hitler.
Burn! oh, ouch!

I'm not a muslim, but as someone looking into Islam, my mother often asks me questions or makes comments simply based on misingformation (from the media or past bad experiences with people she knew who were muslims - not good ones apparently). I try my best to answer her questions honestly and with a positive attitude (if I don't have the answer, I ask other people). But latelly I find her comments (for they are no longer questions) quite rude. I almost walked out of a restaurant to cool down yesterday. Instead, I tried to set her straight, told her to stop listening to the news and read the Qur'an before making the kind of statements she is making. I feel bad because she is my mother, but she seems to harbour some hostility towards the religion. She's an educated, open-minded woman so I am beyond baffled at times.

When answering questions, please keep in mind that some people really weren't exposed to other religions or even cultures.
Example: When I was a child (about 8 years old), I saw something on TV where women were covered. I knew they lived in a hot climate but that was about it. I simply thought that they were covered up to help deal with the heat of the sun. I had no clue it had to do with a religion.
Reply

arabianprincess
05-13-2008, 05:07 AM
[QUOTE=Muhammad;940211]:sl:

Even for the person who is making a comment out of mockery, an honest reply might actually change their attitude and teach them something unexpectedly. For one thing, you are returning evil for goodness. Perhaps the tafseer of the following verses might be of relevance here:


ur soo rite... thanxssssssssssss...
Reply

arabianprincess
05-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
Burn! oh, ouch!

I'm not a muslim, but as someone looking into Islam, my mother often asks me questions or makes comments simply based on misingformation (from the media or past bad experiences with people she knew who were muslims - not good ones apparently). I try my best to answer her questions honestly and with a positive attitude (if I don't have the answer, I ask other people). But latelly I find her comments (for they are no longer questions) quite rude. I almost walked out of a restaurant to cool down yesterday. Instead, I tried to set her straight, told her to stop listening to the news and read the Qur'an before making the kind of statements she is making. I feel bad because she is my mother, but she seems to harbour some hostility towards the religion. She's an educated, open-minded woman so I am beyond baffled at times.

When answering questions, please keep in mind that some people really weren't exposed to other religions or even cultures.
Example: When I was a child (about 8 years old), I saw something on TV where women were covered. I knew they lived in a hot climate but that was about it. I simply thought that they were covered up to help deal with the heat of the sun. I had no clue it had to do with a religion.
wow thats interesting... its good to know that someone is still defendin us muslims.. when ppl r wrong about us
well salamz
Reply

Tania
05-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Ali.
Well I remember when I was in Primary School (yes long time ago!) people used to ask me literally all the time:

Are you vegetarian?
No, I just don't eat Pork.

1 week later...

Oh yeah by the way, Ali, are you vegetarian?
No I just don't eat Pork because I'm a Muslim.

1 week later...

Hah. Oh yeah, you're a vegetarian, right?
I already told you, I just don't eat Pork!
Since when?
:|
Patience its a virtue :giggling:
When i had my first dog, a neighbour always asked me:

He:does your dog bite :?
me:nope
He:And how does she eat:?
How many times i met him, i heard the same old good joke. :rollseyes
Reply

Fishman
05-14-2008, 09:07 PM
:sl:
'Speak some Muzlim for us!'
:w:
Reply

crayon
05-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
'Speak some Muzlim for us!'
:w:
Ahaha...:omg:
Reply

Lina
05-14-2008, 09:22 PM
:sl:

Yeah, happens a lot but I only get asked Islam related questions out of genuine interest which is a chance for me to clear up misconceptions. Even if those questions are considered 'stupid', for lack of better word, They really arent, because a lot of people just don't know; The mirrors of society. You can't blame them.

Bi idni Allah, be careful when answering those questions. Be honest and polite or else you're just giving them enough reasons to think otherwise than the truth and most likely won't ask any questions to Muslims in the future and get their information elsewhere. Wa Allahu A'lam.
Reply

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2008, 10:25 PM
i do dislike it when random people ask stoopid questions, but sometimes its cool, and sometimes its not :| like quite a lot of people always ask me what made me convert and im like erm i was born muslim alhumdulilla!!

like a woman asked me whilst i was waitin 4 the tube!! (now out of all places aaaaa because like gettin on the tube is mission, like you gotta run in to get them best corner seats :D) anyway lol that is a diff issue, she asked meee, what made me convert! and too go along with it, i said i was guided lol, and then she asked me, you wasnt forced was you :| and then i told her, i was born muslim pssssh
Reply

ranma1/2
05-15-2008, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by Ali.
Well I remember when I was in Primary School (yes long time ago!) people used to ask me literally all the time:

Are you vegetarian?
No, I just don't eat Pork.

1 week later...

Oh yeah by the way, Ali, are you vegetarian?
No I just don't eat Pork because I'm a Muslim.

1 week later...

Hah. Oh yeah, you're a vegetarian, right?
I already told you, I just don't eat Pork!
Since when?
:|
here in japan if your vegetarian expect to be given fish and chicken all the time. (meat is usally though of as beef and pork here.)
Reply

arabianprincess
05-15-2008, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by Lina
:sl:

Yeah, happens a lot but I only get asked Islam related questions out of genuine interest which is a chance for me to clear up misconceptions. Even if those questions are considered 'stupid', for lack of better word, They really arent, because a lot of people just don't know; The mirrors of society. You can't blame them.

Bi idni Allah, be careful when answering those questions. Be honest and polite or else you're just giving them enough reasons to think otherwise than the truth and most likely won't ask any questions to Muslims in the future and get their information elsewhere. Wa Allahu A'lam.
yeah thanxs for the advise... salamz
Reply

arabianprincess
05-15-2008, 02:51 AM
thank u all for passin by... salamz
Reply

Sahabiyaat
05-15-2008, 10:05 AM
i usually get asked, do you have to wear THAT inside aswell all the time

if ur wondering what 'that' is its my hijaab and they assume that is superglued to you head so that you to sleep with is at night, in the shower and everywhere else.lol.

at uni in the toilets wen i adjust my hijaab i usually take it all off and sort it out and then start the never ending wrapping and adjusting process that all hijaabis are familiar with :D and the white girls just stare and stare like they cant believe that it actually comes off, and all i have to say is 'yes, i have hair underneath here too!' for them to become embarassed and look away. i mean i dont stare at them when there slapping on the lipgloss :D lol.
Reply

fatima_01
05-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:


Arrogant mean girl dressed not so modestly on hot day: Aren't you hot in that.
You: Aren't you?
Arrogant girl: Yeh, of course I am.
You: Well so am I. *shrugs*
lol yep tht one is quite famous:p
Reply

truemuslim
05-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i usually get asked, do you have to wear THAT inside aswell all the time

if ur wondering what 'that' is its my hijaab and they assume that is superglued to you head so that you to sleep with is at night, in the shower and everywhere else.lol.

at uni in the toilets wen i adjust my hijaab i usually take it all off and sort it out and then start the never ending wrapping and adjusting process that all hijaabis are familiar with :D and the white girls just stare and stare like they cant believe that it actually comes off, and all i have to say is 'yes, i have hair underneath here too!' for them to become embarassed and look away. i mean i dont stare at them when there slapping on the lipgloss :D lol.

LOOOOL !! Hahahah lool yeh they do that to me too!
Reply

MaiCarInMtl
05-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i usually get asked, do you have to wear THAT inside aswell all the time

if ur wondering what 'that' is its my hijaab and they assume that is superglued to you head so that you to sleep with is at night, in the shower and everywhere else.lol.

at uni in the toilets wen i adjust my hijaab i usually take it all off and sort it out and then start the never ending wrapping and adjusting process that all hijaabis are familiar with :D and the white girls just stare and stare like they cant believe that it actually comes off, and all i have to say is 'yes, i have hair underneath here too!' for them to become embarassed and look away. i mean i dont stare at them when there slapping on the lipgloss :D lol.
I wish someone would chahge/adjust their hijab in front of me - I've always been curious about the process and different styles. Thanfully I found some videos online but they are all done on a manequin (which has no hair!!). I guess it'll have to do until I work up the courrage to ask acquaintances how it is done.
Reply

truemuslim
05-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
I wish someone would chahge/adjust their hijab in front of me - I've always been curious about the process and different styles. Thanfully I found some videos online but they are all done on a manequin (which has no hair!!). I guess it'll have to do until I work up the courrage to ask acquaintances how it is done.

aww lol sis
hehe. manequins ? lol i can only put hijab on myself, never on anyone else...its hard! lol

anyway. lol
Dont some people jsut sit there/....STARING at u ? (@ sisters wit hijabs)
Reply

Güven
05-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Oke I just Heard The most Stupiedist and Funniest Question Ever in my life
Its from a lady who was a ex-colleague of mine ( she looked very smart too, guess I was wrong)and still a colleague of a friend of mine and she asked him a Unbelieveble Question And She was very serious about it too, even a child Knows better, Oke Here it comes , prepare yourself, Oke she asked.... Are Jews also Muslim?
oke I say it again.....ARE.....JEWS....ALSO.....MUSLIM?
I just dont have any more words for this :hiding:
Reply

truemuslim
05-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
Oke I just Heard The most Stupiedist and Funniest Question Ever in my life
Its from a lady who was a ex-colleague of mine ( she looked very smart too, guess I was wrong)and still a colleague of a friend of mine and she asked him a Unbelieveble Question And She was very serious about it too, even a child Knows better, Oke Here it comes , prepare yourself, Oke she asked.... Are Jews also Muslim?
oke I say it again.....ARE.....JEWS....ALSO.....MUSLIM?
I just dont have any more words for this :hiding:




(yeh the only thingi like bout that other forum is da smileys)

first of all
why wud muslims have war with muslims...
and second....:omg:
Reply

Ali.
05-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
Oke she asked.... Are Jews also Muslim?
That's a very good question, I'm going to ask an Imam about it actually.

I'm joking
Reply

Souljette
05-15-2008, 06:19 PM
lolz woww
Reply

Güven
05-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim



(yeh the only thingi like bout that other forum is da smileys)

first of all
why wud muslims have war with muslims...
and second....:omg:
What is the second?? :D
Reply

truemuslim
05-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
What is the second?? :D
the second is OH MY GOD followed by somefin bad which i wont say. lol
Reply

arabianprincess
05-16-2008, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i usually get asked, do you have to wear THAT inside aswell all the time

if ur wondering what 'that' is its my hijaab and they assume that is superglued to you head so that you to sleep with is at night, in the shower and everywhere else.lol.

at uni in the toilets wen i adjust my hijaab i usually take it all off and sort it out and then start the never ending wrapping and adjusting process that all hijaabis are familiar with :D and the white girls just stare and stare like they cant believe that it actually comes off, and all i have to say is 'yes, i have hair underneath here too!' for them to become embarassed and look away. i mean i dont stare at them when there slapping on the lipgloss :D lol.

i been asked that Q uestion before... n one person told me once.. r u bald..... lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Reply

arabianprincess
05-16-2008, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by Güven
Oke I just Heard The most Stupiedist and Funniest Question Ever in my life
Its from a lady who was a ex-colleague of mine ( she looked very smart too, guess I was wrong)and still a colleague of a friend of mine and she asked him a Unbelieveble Question And She was very serious about it too, even a child Knows better, Oke Here it comes , prepare yourself, Oke she asked.... Are Jews also Muslim?
oke I say it again.....ARE.....JEWS....ALSO.....MUSLIM?
I just dont have any more words for this :hiding:


lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ll,,,,,
other Q

.. like .. so will u go on a date with me.. im like no in our religion we dont do that .. its a sin .. he says .. is it cuz im black im like no... if i was muslim probably u would been ok.. im like no even if u were muslim its not ok .. then he goes n says... let me meet ur father... HIN T how many times do u need to askkkkkkkkkkkkk anoyyin //
Reply

Souljette
05-16-2008, 09:24 AM
HAHHAHA ok tht sad
Reply

glo
05-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by arabianprincess
salam wa 3lykom..... greeting :)



i just wanted to say that some ppl ask u the most silliest questions! sometimes u just lose ur control .. at that point wat should u do..

some r ... like

EXAMPLES


Q 1 r u depressed?

Q 2 r u forced to be like this... never ask me y u doing this...

Q3 r u married yet.... reallly ppl can u just ask me about somethin important.. rather than... thinkin all muslim females r married at 15

Q 4 how come u dont go to school in that other state .. guess wat its for muslim....

maybe i dont want toooooooooooooooooooo ! ....


....... should u answer in scarcism back.. or just ignore em................. i mean if someone was realllly serious.. they wont ask that type of Q's


also in my other class my teacher was sayin ... yeah muslim females r depressed n we r controled... just because she read some books.. n articles n just based it on that... which just got me maddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd .... i need to calm down.... but i didnt respond because..i couldnt i wasnt scared .. but i thought i might get in a fight..n get expelled. thank god someone else did :D salamzzzzzzzzzzz
Greetings, arabianprincess

I sense your frustration ... but bear in mind that such situations are opportunities for you to explain your faith to others.

Also remember that how and what you reply will ultimately reflect back on Islam.
If you respond with sarcasm, might people think you are being defensive or have something to hide ... or even that they might be right in their assumptions, and you don't want to admit it? :?

So try your best to be patient and understanding, and answer people's questions as best as you can.

As a Christian in an Islamic forum I understand the frustration of being asked the same questions again and again and again ... :X
It happens because there are very specific things which separate our faith/beliefs/worldviews.

Sometimes, when I find the repetative questions too frustrating, I find it better to ignore them until such as time when I have the patience and time to repond to them with love and respect.

Frustration leads to irritation, which can lead to sarcastic or angry replies. Try to avoid those!
If you feel like that, it may be better to say 'I don't have time right now, but I appreciate your question. Thank you for your interest. Perhaps we can talk some more at another time.'
And SMILE! :)

Peace
Reply

arabianprincess
05-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by glo
Greetings, arabianprincess

I sense your frustration ... but bear in mind that such situations are opportunities for you to explain your faith to others.

Also remember that how and what you reply will ultimately reflect back on Islam.
If you respond with sarcasm, might people think you are being defensive or have something to hide ... or even that they might be right in their assumptions, and you don't want to admit it? :?

So try your best to be patient and understanding, and answer people's questions as best as you can.

As a Christian in an Islamic forum I understand the frustration of being asked the same questions again and again and again ... :X
It happens because there are very specific things which separate our faith/beliefs/worldviews.

Sometimes, when I find the repetative questions too frustrating, I find it better to ignore them until such as time when I have the patience and time to repond to them with love and respect.

Frustration leads to irritation, which can lead to sarcastic or angry replies. Try to avoid those!
If you feel like that, it may be better to say 'I don't have time right now, but I appreciate your question. Thank you for your interest. Perhaps we can talk some more at another time.'
And SMILE! :)

Peace


i guess ur rite ... n thank for ur advise i ll keep in mind.... hopefullly i ll stick to it..... but i ll try my best...thank u once again
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 06:53 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 12:17 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 06:42 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 11:25 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!