PDA

View Full Version : Hezbollah take over western Beirut



The_Prince
05-09-2008, 03:14 PM
BEIRUT, Lebanon - Shiite Hezbollah gunmen seized nearly all of the Lebanese capital's Muslim sector from Sunni foes loyal to the U.S.-backed government on Friday in the country's worst sectarian clashes since the 15-year civil war.

At least 11 people have been killed and more than 20 wounded in three days of street battles in West Beirut between the Iranian- and Syrian-backed Hezbollah fighters and gunmen to the government, security officials said.

The satellite TV station affiliated with the party of Lebanon's top Sunni lawmaker, Saad Hariri, was forced off the air. Gunmen set the offices of the party's newspaper, Al-Mustaqbal, on fire in the coastal neighborhood of Ramlet el-Bayda.

Hariri and Druse leader Walid Jumblatt were besieged in their West Beirut residences. Prime Minister Fuad Saniora and several ministers holed up in Saniora's downtown office surrounded by troops and police.

Gunmen loyal to the Syrian Social Nationalist Party set ablaze a two-story building where Hariri's Future TV has its archives in the western neighborhood of Rawche, about 100 yards from the Saudi embassy. The secular pro-Syrian group, a longtime ally of Hezbollah, has dozens of its own gunmen in the streets.

A rocket-propelled grenade hit the fence of Hariri's heavily protected residence, security officials said on condition of anonymity because they were not allowed to speak to the media.

Pro-government majority officials held an emergency meeting in a mountain town in the Christian heartland northeast of Beirut, according to LBC TV, a pro-government Christian station.

"Even if Hezbollah's militia took everything we remain the constitutional authority," Cabinet Minister Ahmed Fatfat told Al-Arabiya TV from Saniora's compound.

The unrest shut down Lebanon's international airport and barricades set up by both side closed major highways. The seaport also was closed, leaving one land route to Syria as Lebanon's only link to the outside world.

Arab foreign ministers called an emergency meeting for Sunday in Cairo, Egypt to discuss the crisis, Egyptian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hossam Zaki said.

About 100 Shiite Hezbollah militants wearing camouflage uniforms and carrying assault rifles marched down Hamra Street, a normally vibrant commercial strip in a mainly Sunni area of Beirut. They took up positions in corners and sidewalks and stopped the few cars braving the empty streets to search their trunks.

On nearby streets, dozens of fighters from another Hezbollah-allied party appeared, some wearing masks and carrying rocket-propelled grenade launchers.

Lebanon's army, which has stayed out of the sectarian political squabbling that has paralyzed the country for more than a year, did not intervene in the clashes, which had largely tapered off into sporadic gunfire by early afternoon.

Troops then began taking up positions in some Sunni neighborhoods abandoned by the pro-government groups. A senior security official said the army would soon take over the Sunnis' last stronghold of Tarik Jadideh.

In some cases Hezbollah handed over newly won positions to Lebanese troops.

The sectarian tensions are fueled in part by the rivalry between predominantly Shiite Iran which sponsors Hezbollah, and Sunni Arab countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

The leaders of Syria, Hezbollah's other major backer, and Qatar, which supports the Lebanese government, met in Damascus and Syria's official news agency said both agreed the conflict was an internal affair and hoped the feuding parties would find a solution through dialogue.

France's Foreign Ministry said an evacuation of its citizens in Lebanon was not planned, but warned against travel to the country.

In an online briefing, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Pascale Andreani called on French nationals in Lebanon to act with the "utmost prudence."

The Lebanese government, which is allied with the U.S. and Saudi Arabia, has only a slim majority in parliament. The two sides have been locked in a power struggle that has kept government at a standstill and the country without a president since November.

The eruption of the long-simmering tensions appeared to be triggered by the government's decision this week to confront Hezbollah by declaring its private communications network illegal and replacing the Beirut airport security chief for alleged ties to the militants.

Hezbollah first blocked roads in Beirut on Wednesday. Confrontations quickly spread and became more violent. Factions threw up roadblocks and checkpoints dividing Beirut into sectarian enclaves, and the chattering of automatic weapons and thumps of rocket-propelled grenades echoed across the city overnight.

Street clashes exploded into gunbattles in parts of Beirut on Thursday afternoon after Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah accused Lebanon's Western-backed government of declaring war on his group. It was the militant leader's strongest comments since Lebanon's political crisis erupted 17 months ago.

Hariri later went on television urging Hezbollah to pull its fighters back and "save Lebanon from hell." He proposed a compromise that would involve the army, one of the sole national institutions respected by Lebanon's long deadlocked factions.

But Hezbollah and its allies swiftly rejected the offer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080509/..._mi_ea/lebanon

anti-Hezbollah people can say whatever they like, but fact is fact, this latest outburst of fighting was provoked and started by the traitor lebanease goverment, and they got a lesson from Hezbollah.

and btw this hezbollah conflict has nothing to do with shia-sunni, i am a sunni and i 100% support hezbollah over any of these so called 'sunnis' in lebanon who ate dinner with that witch rice while israel was bombing lebanon back to the stone age.

bush called for a new mid-east, and yes people want a new mid-east, a mid-east without western puppet goverments doing the work of the white house just for israels interest.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The_Prince
05-12-2008, 02:56 PM
There are no longer any Hizballah fighters surrounding the grand red sandstone Beirut town house belonging to Walid Jumblatt, a member of Parliament and one of the leaders of Lebanon's governing coalition. Still, Jumblatt, a top American ally, is under virtual house arrest. After the lightning speed with which opposition Hizballah fighters defeated government supporters in a six hour battle on Thursday - only to vanish a few hours later - it became clear that it is pointless to resist the Iranian and Syrian-backed militia, which could return at any time. "I am a hostage now in my home in Beirut," he said over the telephone to his rival Nabih Berri, the speaker of parliament and a top opposition leader, while TIME waited nearby for an interview. "Tell [Hizballah leader] Sayeed Hassan Nasrallah I lost the battle and he wins. So let's sit and talk to reach a compromise. All that I ask is your protection."

As the hereditary chieftain of Lebanon's Druze Muslim minority, Jumblatt earned the nickname 'the weather vane" for being able to steer his followers through the ever changing winds of Middle East politics. A former princely vassal to the Syrian Assad regime, he switched his loyalties to the Bush administration after the invasion of Iraq, when it briefly seemed like American military power would transform the region. Yet, despite the fact that Hizballah is perhaps the world's most fearsome guerilla organization, somehow Jumblatt misjudged the ease with which Hizballah could pull Lebanon back into the Syrian and Iranian orbit. "I must admit that the Iranians are smart and they knew how to play it in Lebanon," he said. "They chose a time when where the U.S. is weak in the Middle East and did it."


Hizballah began its campaign of protests against the Lebanese government some 17-months ago, when it accused the ruling party of siding with


America in a plan to isolate and disarm the anti-Israeli militia. But until last week Hizballah, which was born as an Islamic resistance group during the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982, had said it would never use its weapons against fellow Lebanese. But when the Lebanese government moved to close a private Hizbalah telecommunications network used for coordinating military operations, Nasrallah


declared it an act of war. Hizballah fighters swung into action, shocking the nation, and practically guaranteeing the collapse of this government.


In doing so, Hizballah will have secured its existence as an armed state-within-a state, despite decades of American efforts to prevent Lebanon from being used as a staging ground for operations against Israel. But the U.S. appears unable to grasp that it no longer has any options or reliable partners left in Lebanon. American officials make statements about supporting the democratically-elected Lebanese government, but essentially no such government exists. The Lebanese army, many of whose soldiers are Shia Muslims and support the opposition, would split apart if pressed into service against Hizballah. The American-trained security services value their lives more than the $300 million in U.S. aid they've received and haven't fired a shot at Hizballah. And like Jumblatt, government ministers are marked men. Meanwhile, the American warship USS Cole is heading to the Mediterranean, but if the U.S. staged any military action against Hizballah, the group could take American hostages in Lebanon just as they did in the 1980's.


Sitting in his garden terrace in Beirut, with just a few family members and loyal retainers, Jumblatt is quickly coming to grips with the new political landscape. "The U.S. has failed in Lebanon and they have to admit it," he said. "We have to wait and see the new rules which Hizbollah, Syria, and Iran will set. They can do what they want." View this article on Time.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2008051...HCiQrI9VEUewgF

:D
Reply

Silver
05-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Hezbollah...the resistance against Israel that turned itself into a militia. That's sad...what next?
Reply

The_Prince
05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lara
Hezbollah...the resistance against Israel that turned itself into a militia. That's sad...what next?
why is it a millitia? the lebanease goverment are doing americas and israels dirty work by cutting of their communication network which is a weapon in their resistence, hence hezbollah had every right to do what they did.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Izyan
05-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
why is it a millitia? the lebanease goverment are doing americas and israels dirty work by cutting of their communication network which is a weapon in their resistence, hence hezbollah had every right to do what they did.
Is Hezbollah sanctioned by the government to take arms?
Reply

The_Prince
05-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Izyan
Is Hezbollah sanctioned by the government to take arms?
what goverment? there is no goverment right now, siniori and harriri are not the leaders, only the leaders over their groups.
Reply

The_Prince
05-13-2008, 09:32 PM
sinori and his cronnies are only called and reffered to as the goverment, yet they arent one just to clarify things, they dont represent the majority, they only represent american-israel interests and their own millitias on the streets.
Reply

Silver
05-14-2008, 07:22 AM
hence hezbollah had every right to do what they did.
Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah promised he would not use the Hezbollah weapons against lebanese people, he did not keep his promise. Who was he resisting in Beirut? Israel?
What did my uncle ever do to him? They fired a rocket at his house...he had nothing to do with Sanioura and Hariri.
Hezbollah militants took over my friend's house so that they could use it as a shelter, what did my friend ever do to Hezbollah?
In Tarik Jdide an Amal militant fired at at a funeral, killing 6 people. How is that justified?
When i fled Beirut and went back to the North, some Hezbollah fighters were stopping the cars and asking for IDs,if u r sunni u cannot pass, if u r chiite than u can...why? We were forced to take another road.
My best friend's friend and his mother were killed by Hezbollah militants because they were sunnis, they were trying to leave ras el nabe3 where there were fights going on.
Why did Hezbollah supporters burn The future tv building or that of the future newspaper? Why did they burn pictures of Rafic Hariri who supported them?
And this was not even mentioned in the media: Hezbollah somehow managed to stop the Qran radio station that belongs to Dar al-iftaa (sunni), they messed with the cables or something. They didn't let the workers fix what they did... so the Qran station is now anti-resistance?

Don't tell me Hezbollah had every right to do what they did...if Sanioura took wrong decisions Nasrallah couldv'e at least warned him that if he doesn't take back those decisions he would do what he did, he never gave Sanioura the chance to do that.. he just told his supporters to attack Beirut.
All this because Sanioura fired a guy (no matter how important he is) from a position in the Rafik Hariri International Airport? And because of some telephone cables?
Those cables reached Akkar that is in the North, very far from Israel and close to Syria...
And Mr. Wafik Chkeir (the airport guy) ignored the fact that there were cameras in the airport...how did the ones who Killed Gebran Tueini and Antoine Ghanem know that there planes had landed and killed them a little while later? Maybe those cameras played a role...why were they not removed?
Nasrallah thought that this camera thing was trivial and was not a reason to fire Chkeir...well, when a french deputy took pictures in Dahieh Hezbollah arrested him (even though they do not have the right to arrest anyone) because they feared he might've been spying on Hezbollah leaders and feared for their security. Is the security of Hezbollah leaders more important than that of other lebanese leaders?

Before, i really had nothing against Hezbollah, i just wanted them to include others in the resistance against Israel (they refuse that)...but after what they did, i will resent them forever. They terrorised me, my uncle and his family, my aunt and her children and my friends, their armed men forced me to take anothe road because i was sunni ( i hate to think in terms of sunni-shiite but they forced me to do it), i was lucky...others were killed. Now I don't feel secure anyomore knowing that Hezbollah is armed with rockets when all that others have are just individual guns and sticks and stones...that is true. If it wasn't than why was Hezbollah able to take over Beirut in less than a day?
Reply

Izyan
05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lara
Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah promised he would not use the Hezbollah weapons against lebanese people, he did not keep his promise. Who was he resisting in Beirut? Israel?
What did my uncle ever do to him? They fired a rocket at his house...he had nothing to do with Sanioura and Hariri.
Hezbollah militants took over my friend's house so that they could use it as a shelter, what did my friend ever do to Hezbollah?
In Tarik Jdide an Amal militant fired at at a funeral, killing 6 people. How is that justified?
When i fled Beirut and went back to the North, some Hezbollah fighters were stopping the cars and asking for IDs,if u r sunni u cannot pass, if u r chiite than u can...why? We were forced to take another road.
My best friend's friend and his mother were killed by Hezbollah militants because they were sunnis, they were trying to leave ras el nabe3 where there were fights going on.
Why did Hezbollah supporters burn The future tv building or that of the future newspaper? Why did they burn pictures of Rafic Hariri who supported them?
And this was not even mentioned in the media: Hezbollah somehow managed to stop the Qran radio station that belongs to Dar al-iftaa (sunni), they messed with the cables or something. They didn't let the workers fix what they did... so the Qran station is now anti-resistance?

Don't tell me Hezbollah had every right to do what they did...if Sanioura took wrong decisions Nasrallah couldv'e at least warned him that if he doesn't take back those decisions he would do what he did, he never gave Sanioura the chance to do that.. he just told his supporters to attack Beirut.
All this because Sanioura fired a guy (no matter how important he is) from a position in the Rafik Hariri International Airport? And because of some telephone cables?
Those cables reached Akkar that is in the North, very far from Israel and close to Syria...
And Mr. Wafik Chkeir (the airport guy) ignored the fact that there were cameras in the airport...how did the ones who Killed Gebran Tueini and Antoine Ghanem know that there planes had landed and killed them a little while later? Maybe those cameras played a role...why were they not removed?
Nasrallah thought that this camera thing was trivial and was not a reason to fire Chkeir...well, when a french deputy took pictures in Dahieh Hezbollah arrested him (even though they do not have the right to arrest anyone) because they feared he might've been spying on Hezbollah leaders and feared for their security. Is the security of Hezbollah leaders more important than that of other lebanese leaders?

Before, i really had nothing against Hezbollah, i just wanted them to include others in the resistance against Israel (they refuse that)...but after what they did, i will resent them forever. They terrorised me, my uncle and his family, my aunt and her children and my friends, their armed men forced me to take anothe road because i was sunni ( i hate to think in terms of sunni-shiite but they forced me to do it), i was lucky...others were killed. Now I don't feel secure anyomore knowing that Hezbollah is armed with rockets when all that others have are just individual guns and sticks and stones...that is true. If it wasn't than why was Hezbollah able to take over Beirut in less than a day?
Very poignant post sister. May Allah ease your suffering.
Reply

MTAFFI
05-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lara
Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah promised he would not use the Hezbollah weapons against lebanese people, he did not keep his promise. Who was he resisting in Beirut? Israel?
What did my uncle ever do to him? They fired a rocket at his house...he had nothing to do with Sanioura and Hariri.
Hezbollah militants took over my friend's house so that they could use it as a shelter, what did my friend ever do to Hezbollah?
In Tarik Jdide an Amal militant fired at at a funeral, killing 6 people. How is that justified?
When i fled Beirut and went back to the North, some Hezbollah fighters were stopping the cars and asking for IDs,if u r sunni u cannot pass, if u r chiite than u can...why? We were forced to take another road.
My best friend's friend and his mother were killed by Hezbollah militants because they were sunnis, they were trying to leave ras el nabe3 where there were fights going on.
Why did Hezbollah supporters burn The future tv building or that of the future newspaper? Why did they burn pictures of Rafic Hariri who supported them?
And this was not even mentioned in the media: Hezbollah somehow managed to stop the Qran radio station that belongs to Dar al-iftaa (sunni), they messed with the cables or something. They didn't let the workers fix what they did... so the Qran station is now anti-resistance?

Don't tell me Hezbollah had every right to do what they did...if Sanioura took wrong decisions Nasrallah couldv'e at least warned him that if he doesn't take back those decisions he would do what he did, he never gave Sanioura the chance to do that.. he just told his supporters to attack Beirut.
All this because Sanioura fired a guy (no matter how important he is) from a position in the Rafik Hariri International Airport? And because of some telephone cables?
Those cables reached Akkar that is in the North, very far from Israel and close to Syria...
And Mr. Wafik Chkeir (the airport guy) ignored the fact that there were cameras in the airport...how did the ones who Killed Gebran Tueini and Antoine Ghanem know that there planes had landed and killed them a little while later? Maybe those cameras played a role...why were they not removed?
Nasrallah thought that this camera thing was trivial and was not a reason to fire Chkeir...well, when a french deputy took pictures in Dahieh Hezbollah arrested him (even though they do not have the right to arrest anyone) because they feared he might've been spying on Hezbollah leaders and feared for their security. Is the security of Hezbollah leaders more important than that of other lebanese leaders?

Before, i really had nothing against Hezbollah, i just wanted them to include others in the resistance against Israel (they refuse that)...but after what they did, i will resent them forever. They terrorised me, my uncle and his family, my aunt and her children and my friends, their armed men forced me to take anothe road because i was sunni ( i hate to think in terms of sunni-shiite but they forced me to do it), i was lucky...others were killed. Now I don't feel secure anyomore knowing that Hezbollah is armed with rockets when all that others have are just individual guns and sticks and stones...that is true. If it wasn't than why was Hezbollah able to take over Beirut in less than a day?
May Allah bless you and your family and friends in this time of turmoil.. I pray things get better for you
Reply

The_Prince
05-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lara
Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah promised he would not use the Hezbollah weapons against lebanese people, he did not keep his promise. Who was he resisting in Beirut? Israel?
What did my uncle ever do to him? They fired a rocket at his house...he had nothing to do with Sanioura and Hariri.
Hezbollah militants took over my friend's house so that they could use it as a shelter, what did my friend ever do to Hezbollah?
In Tarik Jdide an Amal militant fired at at a funeral, killing 6 people. How is that justified?
When i fled Beirut and went back to the North, some Hezbollah fighters were stopping the cars and asking for IDs,if u r sunni u cannot pass, if u r chiite than u can...why? We were forced to take another road.
My best friend's friend and his mother were killed by Hezbollah militants because they were sunnis, they were trying to leave ras el nabe3 where there were fights going on.
Why did Hezbollah supporters burn The future tv building or that of the future newspaper? Why did they burn pictures of Rafic Hariri who supported them?
And this was not even mentioned in the media: Hezbollah somehow managed to stop the Qran radio station that belongs to Dar al-iftaa (sunni), they messed with the cables or something. They didn't let the workers fix what they did... so the Qran station is now anti-resistance?

Don't tell me Hezbollah had every right to do what they did...if Sanioura took wrong decisions Nasrallah couldv'e at least warned him that if he doesn't take back those decisions he would do what he did, he never gave Sanioura the chance to do that.. he just told his supporters to attack Beirut.
All this because Sanioura fired a guy (no matter how important he is) from a position in the Rafik Hariri International Airport? And because of some telephone cables?
Those cables reached Akkar that is in the North, very far from Israel and close to Syria...
And Mr. Wafik Chkeir (the airport guy) ignored the fact that there were cameras in the airport...how did the ones who Killed Gebran Tueini and Antoine Ghanem know that there planes had landed and killed them a little while later? Maybe those cameras played a role...why were they not removed?
Nasrallah thought that this camera thing was trivial and was not a reason to fire Chkeir...well, when a french deputy took pictures in Dahieh Hezbollah arrested him (even though they do not have the right to arrest anyone) because they feared he might've been spying on Hezbollah leaders and feared for their security. Is the security of Hezbollah leaders more important than that of other lebanese leaders?

Before, i really had nothing against Hezbollah, i just wanted them to include others in the resistance against Israel (they refuse that)...but after what they did, i will resent them forever. They terrorised me, my uncle and his family, my aunt and her children and my friends, their armed men forced me to take anothe road because i was sunni ( i hate to think in terms of sunni-shiite but they forced me to do it), i was lucky...others were killed. Now I don't feel secure anyomore knowing that Hezbollah is armed with rockets when all that others have are just individual guns and sticks and stones...that is true. If it wasn't than why was Hezbollah able to take over Beirut in less than a day?
again blame the goverment for this, because they brought the battles to the streets, and when you fight in crowded areas this will happen, a rocket will stray etc etc. the communications and airport man were important to Hezbollah and the goverment had no right to take them away, once they do that what next? they keep going and going, hence it was indeed a declaration of war.

as for the people leaving the village and then getting killed i doubt they were killed un purpose and intentionally.

you can all hate Hezbollah all you want but a group who has been defending lebanon and lebanease civillians doesnt just turn into a monster over night and start killing its own ppl, like the son and his mother when their fleeing a town, you can all think that if you want, but i will stick to reality thank you. if hezbollah was this monster they would have done this long ago, why all of a sudden they start fighting now? because the goverment started it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mistakes happen in war, and offcourse mistakes happened here.

lastly Hezbollah has sunni fighters in their group. but anyways were never gonna agree, there are 2 camps in the mid-east right now, im in camp 2.
Reply

MTAFFI
05-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
again blame the goverment for this, because they brought the battles to the streets, and when you fight in crowded areas this will happen, a rocket will stray etc etc. the communications and airport man were important to Hezbollah and the goverment had no right to take them away, once they do that what next? they keep going and going, hence it was indeed a declaration of war.

as for the people leaving the village and then getting killed i doubt they were killed un purpose and intentionally.

you can all hate Hezbollah all you want but a group who has been defending lebanon and lebanease civillians doesnt just turn into a monster over night and start killing its own ppl, like the son and his mother when their fleeing a town, you can all think that if you want, but i will stick to reality thank you. if hezbollah was this monster they would have done this long ago, why all of a sudden they start fighting now? because the goverment started it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mistakes happen in war, and offcourse mistakes happened here.

lastly Hezbollah has sunni fighters in their group. but anyways were never gonna agree, there are 2 camps in the mid-east right now, im in camp 2.
doesnt the Quran or the Sunnah forbid rebelling against ones government? I thought you actually posted something to that effect once... I apologize if I am wrong
Reply

Izyan
05-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
again blame the goverment for this, because they brought the battles to the streets, and when you fight in crowded areas this will happen, a rocket will stray etc etc. the communications and airport man were important to Hezbollah and the goverment had no right to take them away, once they do that what next? they keep going and going, hence it was indeed a declaration of war.

as for the people leaving the village and then getting killed i doubt they were killed un purpose and intentionally.

you can all hate Hezbollah all you want but a group who has been defending lebanon and lebanease civillians doesnt just turn into a monster over night and start killing its own ppl, like the son and his mother when their fleeing a town, you can all think that if you want, but i will stick to reality thank you. if hezbollah was this monster they would have done this long ago, why all of a sudden they start fighting now? because the goverment started it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mistakes happen in war, and offcourse mistakes happened here.

lastly Hezbollah has sunni fighters in their group. but anyways were never gonna agree, there are 2 camps in the mid-east right now, im in camp 2.
Wait this type of action is condemned when it's Americans and Israel. It's the end of the world but it's justified when it's muslims doing it to muslims? I think I'd rather believe someone who is there and living it rather than some kid on the computer. That's why no one can tell me how "great" Ahmad Fadeel al-Nazal al-Khalayleh and will never respect him enough to use his more common name.
Reply

The_Prince
05-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by MTAFFI
doesnt the Quran or the Sunnah forbid rebelling against ones government? I thought you actually posted something to that effect once... I apologize if I am wrong
yes it does, but the 'goverment' arent an actual goverment, there is no goverment in lebanon, their just refered to as the goverment to make things sound easier, yet even as jumblatt said, who is anti-hezbollah, there is no goverment in lebanon, thats what their trying to reach at.
Reply

The_Prince
05-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Izyan
Wait this type of action is condemned when it's Americans and Israel. It's the end of the world but it's justified when it's muslims doing it to muslims? I think I'd rather believe someone who is there and living it rather than some kid on the computer. That's why no one can tell me how "great" Ahmad Fadeel al-Nazal al-Khalayleh and will never respect him enough to use his more common name.
comparing apples and oranges, israel and america have killed thousands upon thousand which they call collateral damage, only a few 5-6 ppl were killed in this fight with which we can say is collateral damage.

secondly, israel are liars and time and time again have been exposed for targetting innocent civillians unpurpose, their own soldiers have admitted it.

so plz dont compare the 2, those 2 nations have more than 1 million civillians dead on their hand. either your extrmely stupid to believe thats all collateral damage or completly naive.

i have lots of familly in lebanon, we have a huge familly in lebanon, so i dont talk from heresay, they are Sunnis and dont have any troubles with the Hezbollah or the Shias, rather the goverment has always caused troubles against them.
Reply

snakelegs
05-15-2008, 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
there are 2 camps in the mid-east right now, im in camp 2.
do you actually believe that things are that simple?
Reply

MTAFFI
05-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
yes it does, but the 'goverment' arent an actual goverment, there is no goverment in lebanon, their just refered to as the goverment to make things sound easier, yet even as jumblatt said, who is anti-hezbollah, there is no goverment in lebanon, thats what their trying to reach at.
fair enough
Reply

MTAFFI
05-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Hezbollah says it will return Lebanon to normal
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080515/..._mi_ea/lebanon

2 hours, 11 minutes ago

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Hezbollah's deputy leader Sheik Naim Kassem says the group will "return things" to normal after the government reversed key decisions that had triggered days of conflict.

Kassem's comments Thursday came after a meeting with an Arab delegation that is trying to find a solution to Lebanon's worst crisis since the end of the 1975-90 civil war.

Clashes between supporters of the government and the Hezbollah-led opposition broke out last week after the Cabinet decided to sack the airport security chief for alleged ties to Hezbollah and declared the militants' private telephone network illegal.

The government reversed those decisions Wednesday. Kassem's comments signal Hezbollah may end its civil disobedience campaign and reopen roads in the capital Beirut.
Reply

Silver
05-15-2008, 01:28 PM
lastly Hezbollah has sunni fighters in their group. but anyways were never gonna agree, there are 2 camps in the mid-east right now, im in camp 2.
So what ur saying is that we support Israel and u r the resistance...how nice! We r evil and u r good and we deserve to have our properties damaged and our families killed just because Sayyed Hassan did not like 2 decisions taken by the government.

And yes there is a government in Lebanon and we support it, if they can't do anything it is because Hezbollah and their allies never let them do anything...Nabih Berry said after the July 2006 war that Sinioura's gov was the gov of resistance against Israel in front of a huge crowd and then all of a sudden it became a pro-israeli gov because Hezbollah did not like its decisions??!!!!

Hizbullah says that the gov is illegal because there are no chiites in it, well they chose to leave. The gov is illegal and Hezbollah doesn't take any of its decisions into consideration as if that gov does not exist. All of a sudden, the last 2 decisions became important and Hezbollah occupied Beirut in protest? Why didn't they ignore the decisions because they were taken by an illegal government like they were doing with all the decisions before?

What has Hezbollah gained from all this??? The gov backed down on those 2 decisions but the people of Beirut will never forget what was done to them. Many sunnis and chiites hate eachother more than ever now... What will Lebanon gain from that, sunnis and chiites being its 2 largest groups?

U say that in a war mistakes happen!!!! These were not mistakes, they were done on purpose...why were people fleeing the areas of the clashes stopped and killed with cold blood? Don't tell me it was done by mistake. And pictures of Bashar al asad and flags of the syrian party did not just hang themselves on the burning building of future tv. And the cables of that Tv did not cut themselves...

Oh and this is a war? Against who? It was a war against other lebanese people who live with Hezbollah's fighters in the same buildings, who go to the same schools and universities...unless u consider people who disagree with Hezbollah pro-israelis.
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lara
So what ur saying is that we support Israel and u r the resistance...how nice! We r evil and u r good and we deserve to have our properties damaged and our families killed just because Sayyed Hassan did not like 2 decisions taken by the government.

And yes there is a government in Lebanon and we support it, if they can't do anything it is because Hezbollah and their allies never let them do anything...Nabih Berry said after the July 2006 war that Sinioura's gov was the gov of resistance against Israel in front of a huge crowd and then all of a sudden it became a pro-israeli gov because Hezbollah did not like its decisions??!!!!

Hizbullah says that the gov is illegal because there are no chiites in it, well they chose to leave. The gov is illegal and Hezbollah doesn't take any of its decisions into consideration as if that gov does not exist. All of a sudden, the last 2 decisions became important and Hezbollah occupied Beirut in protest? Why didn't they ignore the decisions because they were taken by an illegal government like they were doing with all the decisions before?

What has Hezbollah gained from all this??? The gov backed down on those 2 decisions but the people of Beirut will never forget what was done to them. Many sunnis and chiites hate eachother more than ever now... What will Lebanon gain from that, sunnis and chiites being its 2 largest groups?

U say that in a war mistakes happen!!!! These were not mistakes, they were done on purpose...why were people fleeing the areas of the clashes stopped and killed with cold blood? Don't tell me it was done by mistake. And pictures of Bashar al asad and flags of the syrian party did not just hang themselves on the burning building of future tv. And the cables of that Tv did not cut themselves...

Oh and this is a war? Against who? It was a war against other lebanese people who live with Hezbollah's fighters in the same buildings, who go to the same schools and universities...unless u consider people who disagree with Hezbollah pro-israelis.
the goverment resisted against israel? lol you just throwed your entire credibility down the drain on EVERYTHING you have said in this thread.

your lovely goverment who you support did not do one thing during the war. all siniori did was go on tv and beg like a dog while crying for his israeli and american masters to show some mercy. and while israel was killing lebanease on a daily basis your lovely sinori was having dinner with condeliza rice. on top of this when the war ended once again your goverment invited rice and hugged her and treated her like a queen.

your goverment was such a coward they couldnt even deploy the soldiers to fight israel, Hezbollah did all the fighting in the 2006 war, not you guys, you guys did not do one thing during the war.

your goverment recieved both money and weapons from america in the hope of being used against Hezbollah, which is in Israels interest. so indeed anyone who supports this puppet goverment in lebanon is also in bed with Israel because your goverment is acting on the INTERESTS of Israel. you dont have to go openly say I LOVE ISRAEL to mean your allies with them.

also look how much worst it is, your goverment recieves money, weapons from america, the very same country who stood by and did NOTHING to stop Israel from destroying lebanon, rather they supported it all the way and were encouraging it. then you turn to these people for money, support, and weapons?!!!!!!!!!!! and you support this type of goverment?! no wonder we have problems in the mid-east because of sell outs like you who have accepted to become slaves subconciously. you will deny this, but in your mind you have already accepted to be a slave and puppet.

and again deny all you want, all the facts i just mentioned PROVE IT.
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 03:11 PM
also as mtaffi just showed, your 'goverment' has now ran away from this fight like a COWARD. Hezbollah has won this battle, a battle your goverment wanted to start to try and show they are strong but completly backfired. perhaps this will send a message to you criminal millitias of harriri and siniori not to think too big for their heads as they are really no match for the trained and better equiped Hezbollah.
Reply

barney
05-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
comparing apples and oranges, israel and america have killed thousands upon thousand which they call collateral damage, only a few 5-6 ppl were killed in this fight with which we can say is collateral damage.
.
Whats this? Hezbollah are acting like terrorists? Impossible!
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
lara ya3ni you act like you have a problem with Hezbollah because their killing their 'own' people etc etc. yet where were you fake sunnis when your treacherous goverment was killing palestinian civillians on a daily basis like the Israelis just a few months ago? you guys were cheering on the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!

so this exposes your hypocrisy, perhaps Allah gave you trecherous people a medicine of the terror you have inflicted towards your fellow Muslims in the palestinians in the refugee camps who you treat like dirt. this is why you fake sunnis have suffered such a humiliating defeat and experianced terror, because you fakes have inflicted this to others. so dont ever think your the victims, you are the oppressors you only cry victim when you start a fight and get your a$$es kicked by the Hezbollah.
Reply

Silver
05-15-2008, 03:29 PM
lara ya3ni you act like you have a problem with Hezbollah because their killing their 'own' people etc etc. yet where were you fake sunnis when your treacherous goverment was killing palestinian civillians on a daily basis like the Israelis just a few months ago? you guys were cheering on the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!

so this exposes your hypocrisy, perhaps Allah gave you trecherous people a medicine of the terror you have inflicted towards your fellow Muslims in the palestinians in the refugee camps who you treat like dirt. this is why you fake sunnis have suffered such a humiliating defeat and experianced terror, because you fakes have inflicted this to others. so dont ever think your the victims, you are the oppressors you only cry victim when you start a fight and get your a$$es kicked by the Hezbollah.
This is not even worth a reply...
Reply

Fishman
05-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
lara ya3ni you act like you have a problem with Hezbollah because their killing their 'own' people etc etc. yet where were you fake sunnis when your treacherous goverment was killing palestinian civillians on a daily basis like the Israelis just a few months ago? you guys were cheering on the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!

so this exposes your hypocrisy, perhaps Allah gave you trecherous people a medicine of the terror you have inflicted towards your fellow Muslims in the palestinians in the refugee camps who you treat like dirt. this is why you fake sunnis have suffered such a humiliating defeat and experianced terror, because you fakes have inflicted this to others. so dont ever think your the victims, you are the oppressors you only cry victim when you start a fight and get your a$$es kicked by the Hezbollah.
:sl:
So? Its Hezbollah's fault Israel even invaded. If Hezbollah had worked peacefully with the international community Israel wouldn't have come and destroyed the country.
:w:
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lara
This is not even worth a reply...
yeah because you CANT because it exposes your double standards and hypocrisy.

you claim hezbollah are bad for doing WHAT YOUR GOVERMENT DID!
Reply

Silver
05-15-2008, 03:43 PM
the goverment resisted against israel? lol you just throwed your entire credibility down the drain on EVERYTHING you have said in this thread.
Then why did Nabih Berry call it The government of RESISTANCE in front of a huge crowd of Amal and Hezbollah supporters?

your lovely goverment who you support did not do one thing during the war. all siniori did was go on tv and beg like a dog while crying for his israeli and american masters to show some mercy. and while israel was killing lebanease on a daily basis your lovely sinori was having dinner with condeliza rice. on top of this when the war ended once again your goverment invited rice and hugged her and treated her like a queen.
Nabih Berry also greeted Rice, I didn't see anyone criticizing him...and if u remember correctly before the end of the war during Rice's visit to the region, Sanioura refused her visit to Lebanon.

your goverment was such a coward they couldnt even deploy the soldiers to fight israel, Hezbollah did all the fighting in the 2006 war, not you guys, you guys did not do one thing during the war.
Hezbollah always refused any army presence in the south. It wasn't until after the July 2006 war that they accepted it. There used to be a sunni and christian resistance in the south. They were kicked out of the south by Hezbollah.

your goverment recieved both money and weapons from america in the hope of being used against Hezbollah, which is in Israels interest. so indeed anyone who supports this puppet goverment in lebanon is also in bed with Israel because your goverment is acting on the INTERESTS of Israel. you dont have to go openly say I LOVE ISRAEL to mean your allies with them.
If those weapons received from America as u say were used then why was Hezbollah able to occupy Beirut in one day? As for us being allied with israel, this is the accusation u always throw in our faces when u disagree with us politically. As always, no proof given but just talks. And i will remind that ur ally Bachar Al-Asad is having secret negociations with Israel and has not fired a single shot in Golan in years...this is Hezbolla's ally and Hezbollah thanked him in 2005.

and again deny all you want, all the facts i just mentioned PROVE IT.
I don't see that u have proven anything...
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
So? Its Hezbollah's fault Israel even invaded. If Hezbollah had worked peacefully with the international community Israel wouldn't have come and destroyed the country.
:w:
what has working with the international community done in 50 years with palestinians? you think it would have any impact with lebanon and the shebaa farms and the many lebanease prisoners in israel? if palestine is the number 1 agenda on international community and nothing has been solved through years of talking then what about lebanon which isnt as high on their agenda?

you are naive and just delluding yourself and you even know it.

heres a challenge for you, show me one single gain in this conflict which has not been gained from violence, go on and search hard and you will find nothing, hence dont come giving unrealistic solutions which have NEVER worked. at least if once something good came from negotians only then u could bring that case, but when not one gain has been made through talking then you really are making a mute point and dont know what your talking about.
Reply

Silver
05-15-2008, 03:55 PM
So Prince, no reply to my post? U haven't proved me wrong in anything, u just started talking about other things and accusing me of being a pro-Israeli...typical.
Disagree with the March 8 opinion politically and u become an israeli agent.
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lara
Then why did Nabih Berry call it The government of RESISTANCE in front of a huge crowd of Amal and Hezbollah supporters?

i asked YOU NAME ONE THING THAT YOUR GOVERMENT DID DURING THE WAR, answer the Q dont bring me some silly comment from nabih berry, nabih berry saying the goverment was resistence doesnt answer my Q or prove your claim, again your goverment did nothing, it just begged like a dog.

Nabih Berry also greeted Rice, I didn't see anyone criticizing him...and if u remember correctly before the end of the war during Rice's visit to the region, Sanioura refused her visit to Lebanon.

again with nabih berry, excuse me nabih berry and amal were not the main fighters in the war in the first place, just because they are amal and allied with Hezbollah does not mean every comment they make is agreed to by hezbollah, thats why their called ALLIES, if Hezbollah agreed with everything Nabih said then they would be one in the same group! geez.

and again just because Nabih didnt say it means nothing, your puppet leader ate dinner with this witch before, and after the war, and now your puppet goverment gets money, and weapons from these people. :) try refuting these claims instead of tellig me what nabih said ok? but too bad for you you wont be able to refute me as this is all 100% fact.


Hezbollah always refused any army presence in the south. It wasn't until after the July 2006 war that they accepted it. There used to be a sunni and christian resistance in the south. They were kicked out of the south by Hezbollah.

i very much doubt that, i mean you claim your goverment resisted so you have a bad habit of exagarating and making things up, that this and that were kicked out.



If those weapons received from America as u say were used then why was Hezbollah able to occupy Beirut in one day? As for us being allied with israel, this is the accusation u always throw in our faces when u disagree with us politically. As always, no proof given but just talks. And i will remind that ur ally Bachar Al-Asad is having secret negociations with Israel and has not fired a single shot in Golan in years...this is Hezbolla's ally and Hezbollah thanked him in 2005.

because it takes time to be able to properly train, and learn how to become sophisticated, do you think Hezbollah became a very strong group in 1 year? or 2 years? the American plan is long term to train and equip these anti-Hezbollah people to fight them eventually, it was abit too early as we can see, but they wont stop. you are allied with israel, as i said you dont have to openly say it, yet look at the chain:

Israel wants Hezbollah gone- America want Hezbollah gone for Israel- America equips and supports Lebanon goverment against Hezbollah- you support the goverment in their acts- you are with Israel

your doing Israels dirty work which is whats so sad that you dont know it, they laugh at you dying and say how stupid u are because they dont have to send their own soldiers, they just let you fight for them. and you happily oblige.


I don't see that u have proven anything...
okayyyyyyyyyy
Reply

Air Jordan
05-15-2008, 04:10 PM
If Hezbollah is some kind of all-powerful juggernaut why don't they just put on their stylish orange headbands, line up at the Israeli border and march South till the reach "al Quds"? Forget about Beirut with its alcohol and bikinis.

Does anyone really think that Lebanon, including its Muslims, is better off with Iranian mullahs pulling the strings?

For Iran it's not chiefly about Israel. Israel is the hook to get the juices flowing. For Iran it's about regional influence. Of course it is a policy of the US to thwart that influence. Secretly, it is also the policy of the Gulf Arab states.

If there is a real war between Iran and the US it won't be in Beirut and you won't have trouble divining who is supporting whom. The cheerleading going on here is a bit childish if you ask me as those suffering as a result of Iranian mischief-making in Lebanon are all Arabs and mostly Muslims.
Reply

Silver
05-15-2008, 04:11 PM
and again just because Nabih didnt say it means nothing, your puppet leader ate dinner with this witch before, and after the war, and now your puppet goverment gets money, and weapons from these people. try refuting these claims instead of tellig me what nabih said ok? but too bad for you you wont be able to refute me as this is all 100% fact.
100% fact? Funny how everyone in Lebanon is talking about how the americans did not support the government or give them weapons ( Opposition and government are saying it)...even hezbollah supporters are saying it. Besides Israel would never approve of America giving the lebanese any weapons because it threatens its security...but I guess u who lives outside Lebanon know more than those who live in Lebanon.

i very much doubt that, i mean you claim your goverment resisted so you have a bad habit of exagarating and making things up, that this and that were kicked out.
It's been said hundreds of times by Hezbollah, there is nothing to doubt. Sayyed Hassan used to say that the army presence in the south would get in the way of the resistance. Look it up, u will find it...
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Air Jordan
If Hezbollah is some kind of all-powerful juggernaut why don't they just put on their stylish orange headbands, line up at the Israeli border and march South till the reach "al Quds"? Forget about Beirut with its alcohol and bikinis.

Does anyone really think that Lebanon, including its Muslims, is better off with Iranian mullahs pulling the strings?

For Iran it's not chiefly about Israel. Israel is the hook to get the juices flowing. For Iran it's about regional influence. Of course it is a policy of the US to thwart that influence. Secretly, it is also the policy of the Gulf Arab states.

If there is a real war between Iran and the US it won't be in Beirut and you won't have trouble divining who is supporting whom. The cheerleading going on here is a bit childish if you ask me as those suffering as a result of Iranian mischief-making in Lebanon are all Arabs and mostly Muslims.
your statemens would hold some weight if they werent so biased and filled with american-israeli propaganda.

so only iran is the mischief maker in lebanon? no not america who is sending warships beside the coastline, and supporting the corrupt goverment who does not represent the majority of the people.

get your facts straight before you want to spew your fox news garbage.

lebanon will be much better off without you american zionists tryin to bring your backwardness to the country.
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lara
100% fact? Funny how everyone in Lebanon is talking about how the americans did not support the government or give them weapons ( Opposition and government are saying it)...even hezbollah supporters are saying it. Besides Israel would never approve of America giving the lebanese any weapons because it threatens its security...but I guess u who lives outside Lebanon know more than those who live in Lebanon.



It's been said hundreds of times by Hezbollah, there is nothing to doubt. Sayyed Hassan used to say that the army presence in the south would get in the way of the resistance. Look it up, u will find it...

when did i ever say usa gave your goverment weapons during the war? i made it clear that USA gave your goverment weapons and money AFTER THE ISRAEL WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which makes your goverment the biggest slaves and sell outs as they go to bed with USA after USA goverment supported Israel in their crimes! sheesh!

and how ignorant are you? do you think the cowardly lebanease goverment would ever use the american weapons on israel? lol you and your governent shake at the sight of israel, you would never dare attack that country, you are not Hezbollah.

and secondly do you think USA is stupid? do you think they would give you weapons that can actually harm Israel to a great degree? America gives weapons to all arab goverments, yet always make sure to give them the lower quality ones which can do damage, but not alot of damage to Israel.

but again, the lebanease goverment would never dare attack Israel, infact it would be funny if they did as they wud be crushed in 2 days as they are so incompetent and untrained and unsophisticated.
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Lara here is the difference between me and you guys, id never fight beside Israel or USA against you guys, and i would never side against you guys if i knew it was what Israel and USA wanted, even if i hated u and couldnt stand u, id put that aside.

you on the other hand would fight beside Israel against me, and would support their interests. :) and that sums it all up.
Reply

Silver
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM
when did i ever say usa gave your goverment weapons during the war? i made it clear that USA gave your goverment weapons and money AFTER THE ISRAEL WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When did I say that US gave the gov weapons during the war? I said that Israel would not approve the USA givin' us weapons at any time...and we do not want american weapons or money. And btw, those weapons would go to the army right? Well, hezbollah supports that army and wants its commander as president.

lol you and your governent shake at the sight of israel, you would never dare attack that country, you are not Hezbollah.
I will have u know that there are people who fought against Israel who support the gov. They neer shook at the site of Israel one of them is: Elias Atallah and people from Jama3a islamiah...there are a lot of others.

And u keep saying that the governmemt and its allies are pro-Israel...yet Hezbollah wants a dialogue with them and wants to be included WITH them in a new government.
Reply

Izyan
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
what has working with the international community done in 50 years with palestinians? you think it would have any impact with lebanon and the shebaa farms and the many lebanease prisoners in israel? if palestine is the number 1 agenda on international community and nothing has been solved through years of talking then what about lebanon which isnt as high on their agenda?

you are naive and just delluding yourself and you even know it.

heres a challenge for you, show me one single gain in this conflict which has not been gained from violence, go on and search hard and you will find nothing, hence dont come giving unrealistic solutions which have NEVER worked. at least if once something good came from negotians only then u could bring that case, but when not one gain has been made through talking then you really are making a mute point and dont know what your talking about.
On the flip side I can tell you a lot that has been lost due to violence.
Reply

Silver
05-15-2008, 04:49 PM
you on the other hand would fight beside Israel against me, and would support their interests. and that sums it all up.
NEVER...and I refuse such accusations. I used to donate all of my allowance to support the refugees AND the resistance in 2006. We greeted them in our houses and schools...and that is why i have many friends who support Hezbollah, some are in Hezbollah who know who I really am and would never accuse me like u did...if they thought of me what u r thinking now, they would refuse to be my friends...I know them more than u do.
Reply

Izyan
05-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
when did i ever say usa gave your goverment weapons during the war? i made it clear that USA gave your goverment weapons and money AFTER THE ISRAEL WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which makes your goverment the biggest slaves and sell outs as they go to bed with USA after USA goverment supported Israel in their crimes! sheesh!

and how ignorant are you? do you think the cowardly lebanease goverment would ever use the american weapons on israel? lol you and your governent shake at the sight of israel, you would never dare attack that country, you are not Hezbollah.

and secondly do you think USA is stupid? do you think they would give you weapons that can actually harm Israel to a great degree? America gives weapons to all arab goverments, yet always make sure to give them the lower quality ones which can do damage, but not alot of damage to Israel.

but again, the lebanease goverment would never dare attack Israel, infact it would be funny if they did as they wud be crushed in 2 days as they are so incompetent and untrained and unsophisticated.
America gives all Arab countries weapons? Since when does the US produce AK-47s, MiGs, amd T Tanks?
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Izyan
On the flip side I can tell you a lot that has been lost due to violence.
and i would agree, alot has been lost, but the fact is that everytime a settlement was made from egypt to palestine to lebanon to jordan it was only because of violence.
Reply

The_Prince
05-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Izyan
America gives all Arab countries weapons? Since when does the US produce AK-47s, MiGs, amd T Tanks?

lol i must admit you are funny.........................................amer ica does not give every weapon in their army, but they do provide them with some weapons. geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
Reply

leo
05-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Air Jordan

For Iran it's not chiefly about Israel. Israel is the hook to get the juices flowing. For Iran it's about regional influence. Of course it is a policy of the US to thwart that influence. Secretly, it is also the policy of the Gulf Arab states.
You have hit the bull :D

It was pro-Iran Govt of Iraq, which presented al zulfiqar holy sword to Rumsfeld after elimination of Saddam Govt during an official ceremony :-[
Reply

Air Jordan
05-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
your statemens would hold some weight if they werent so biased and filled with american-israeli propaganda..
Clever rebuttal. Alas, my CIA cover story is blown.

so only iran is the mischief maker in lebanon? no not america who is sending warships beside the coastline, and supporting the corrupt goverment who does not represent the majority of the people..
You are right. Iran is not the only mischief-maker. The Syrians like to assassinate the odd Lebanse politician from time to time. As for American warships...last time I checked, that is the Mediterranean. If they are there, they are in international waters..most likely to be ready to evacuate Americans and Europeans if the locals get a bit overzealous. At only one time there are probably thousands of American citizens in Lebanon. The US Navy has a fleet stationed in the Mediterranean since the start of the Cold War.



get your facts straight before you want to spew your fox news garbage. .
When the well runs dry there is always the ad hominem, eh? I don't watch television news. Perhaps you could answer my central point that Iran is pulling the strings on Hezbollah? Do you really doubt that?

Lebanon will be much better off without you american zionists tryin to bring your backwardness to the country.
Ah, you mean like the United States Consitution, which has allowed an orderly change of government for well over 200 years. Is that the "backwardness" angle?
Reply

Air Jordan
05-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by leo
You have hit the bull :D

It was pro-Iran Govt of Iraq, which presented al zulfiqar holy sword to Rumsfeld after elimination of Saddam Govt during an official ceremony :-[
If you mean that Iran is trying to influence things among the Shia in Iraq I would completely agree. That threat was understood as far back as GWI. They are also trying to intimidate the smaller Gulf states. I do think things are a bit more complicated re the Iraqi government than you imply. They are, for eg., actively opposing, Sadr. At this stage, at least, you cannot legitimately claim that Iran calls the shots.

You will have to explain what the al zulfiqar holy sword is.
Reply

MaiCarInMtl
05-16-2008, 01:56 PM
I know a few people from Lebanon (Tripoli) and they are so depressed about what is going on over there.

I'm not going to get into huge political discussions, but I think things may be better if foreign interest groups would just get out. I don't care which side of the fence groups are on or where they get their funding or take their orders (east, west, x,y,z religion). Just leave the lebanese people sort things out amongst themselves without foreign meddling.

Sometimes I wonder "Does no one care about Lebanon and it's people anymore?" when it comes to people with power there. It seems everyone is too busy carrying out their own agenda. A real shame, a real loss. God help them.
Reply

Silver
05-16-2008, 03:26 PM
I know a few people from Lebanon (Tripoli) and they are so depressed about what is going on over there.

I'm not going to get into huge political discussions, but I think things may be better if foreign interest groups would just get out. I don't care which side of the fence groups are on or where they get their funding or take their orders (east, west, x,y,z religion). Just leave the lebanese people sort things out amongst themselves without foreign meddling.

Sometimes I wonder "Does no one care about Lebanon and it's people anymore?" when it comes to people with power there. It seems everyone is too busy carrying out their own agenda. A real shame, a real loss. God help them.
I myself am from Tripoli and yes we are all very depressed. Last week, on Thursday and Friday nobody even went to work even though everything was completely normal in Tripoli...and yes we would be better off without iranian-syrina-american-french-arab interference.

God help them
Thanks...:D
Reply

Fishman
05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by The_Prince
but again, the lebanease goverment would never dare attack Israel, infact it would be funny if they did as they wud be crushed in 2 days as they are so incompetent and untrained and unsophisticated.
:sl:
To attack Israel you have to be either an idiot or a US ally. It was stupid and irresponsible of Hezbollah to attack Israel, not not brave.

Israel has one of the best armies in the world. Although Hezbollah did drive them out eventually, look at the state of Lebanon afterwards. To call that a victory would be like celebrating after you killed a wild bear, even though your family has already been mauled to death.
:w:
Reply

barney
05-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Interesting point of speculation; The west gets spadefulls of hate for their backing of the middle easts only democracy.
Lets say tommorow the US and Europe pulled all military backing away from Israel.
Would a Arab Coalition be able to defeet tehm. (defeat them)
Reply

Fishman
05-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by barney
Interesting point of speculation; The west gets spadefulls of hate for their backing of the middle easts only democracy.
Lets say tommorow the US and Europe pulled all military backing away from Israel.
Would a Arab Coalition be able to defeet tehm. (defeat them)
:sl:
If you are talking nuclear, then probably not. I'm not sure about conventionally, if Saudi and Iran were in the coalition they might pull it off.
:w:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 05:16 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 02:10 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 12:42 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 05:13 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!