PDA

View Full Version : Musicc!!!



truemuslim
05-09-2008, 06:13 PM
:sl:
Wassup evryone
me again...my problems...my questions...and ur answers :exhausted

anyway...
Am so happy right now coz i fink i like abu ali nasheeds better than outlandish...
and i still wit outlandish music righ now. and native deen. and i lissen occasionaly juss a liiil teeny bit of tupac and all dem on da radio in da car...coz its borin. but its ok my dad yells at me for turning it up too loud (even tho he deaf...i gess it really was loud! lol) and then he turns it off....and i get happy. lol.
i fink i juss said too much bout wut i lissen to:-[:X

BUT

i wanna know
how u people quit it
how did u people quit ur music
ur addiction
wit music?
HOW?
And how long did it take u
and how u found out musik is haram.?
Jazakallah khair

btw Abu Ali OWNNNSSS all other singerz by lyk biggg tiiime! Mashallah !!


WaSalaam
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
05-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Sister i was a heavy hip-hop listener,i used to listen to nas,mobb deep,wu tang,i never thought it was haram until i heard that it is i still continued because we all make mistakes you know but it came to a day when i contemplated about why i should quit it and what benefit does it offer me it didnt offer anything, it is a complete waste of time listening to another human being trying to sell their silly story to you about how rich they are and what they went through,so basically i said to myself why should i listen to a kaafir talking about evil things when the mp3 quran is out there with poetry from allah so thats how i quit.
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Sister i was a heavy hip-hop listener,i used to listen to nas,mobb deep,wu tang,i never thought it was haram until i heard that it is i still continued because we all make mistakes you know but it came to a day when i contemplated about why i should quit it and what benefit does it offer me it didnt offer anything, it is a complete waste of time listening to another human being trying to sell their silly story to you about how rich they are and what they went through,so basically i said to myself why should i listen to a kaafir talking about evil things when the mp3 quran is out there with poetry from allah so thats how i quit.

:eek:
woow mashallah
ur so good
but wut about the songs that do have a point? like some of outlandish and native deen songs? u benifit from dem. did u evr lissen to dem?
Reply

Cabdullahi
05-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
:eek:
woow mashallah
ur so good
but wut about the songs that do have a point? like some of outlandish and native deen songs? u benifit from dem. did u evr lissen to dem?
yeah sister there is the option of listening to good music,outllandish are not bad and even some of tupacs songs dont have much haram in them for example dear mama which has a good meaning but then theres stuff like the instrumentals and some ppl argue thats haram but i dont know allah knows best
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2008, 06:32 PM
quitting took me time sis.

i remember first time trying to quit, its because i was doing a LOT of other bad stuff which made it harder, but as soon as i gave it all up, music was like nothing.

my friends told me n showed me its haram when i was 16 and i quit when i was 18. I remember before quitting i use to be addicted to islaam... maybe thats what helped? just loving to read on islaam and the Quran n nasheeds etc...


tahts what helps i guess..
Reply

'Abd al-Baari
05-09-2008, 06:39 PM
:sl:

Weird thing is i've never liked listening to music, it just annoys me for some reason.

I'd just like to add this though, Ibn al Qayyim Rahimahullah said: “It is difficult to abandon a habit or something that you like, if you do not do it for Allah’s sake. Likewise, if he leaves that habit or something he likes for Allah’s sake, it will not be difficult. It will only be difficult in the very beginning. He will be tested if he will continue or not and if he is sincere in seeking Allah’s pleasure or not. So if he proves to be steadfast in leaving the bad habit and bears this difficulty in the very beginning the whole thing will become easy for him.”

So think of giving up music, as giving it up for the sake of Allah. May Allah make it easy for you and us all..Ameen


:w:
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
yeah sister there is the option of listening to good music,outllandish are not bad and even some of tupacs songs dont have much haram in them for example dear mama which has a good meaning but then theres stuff like the instrumentals and some ppl argue thats haram but i dont know allah knows best
see thats the thing that makes it harder. all the other people sayin stuff about it being not haram coz the lyrics are good and insturments are harmless etc etc...jazakallah khair btw


Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
quitting took me time sis.

i remember first time trying to quit, its because i was doing a LOT of other bad stuff which made it harder, but as soon as i gave it all up, music was like nothing.

my friends told me n showed me its haram when i was 16 and i quit when i was 18. I remember before quitting i use to be addicted to islaam... maybe thats what helped? just loving to read on islaam and the Quran n nasheeds etc...


tahts what helps i guess..
Wow mashallah. What if u like lissenin to all types of music (mosly ones wit good lyrics) and u memorize quran, read on islaam ,etc etc.??

and Jazakallah khair bro

Originally Posted by Abdul Baari
:sl:

Weird thing is i've never liked listening to music, it just annoys me for some reason.

I'd just like to add this though, Ibn al Qayyim Rahimahullah said: “It is difficult to abandon a habit or something that you like, if you do not do it for Allah’s sake. Likewise, if he leaves that habit or something he likes for Allah’s sake, it will not be difficult. It will only be difficult in the very beginning. He will be tested if he will continue or not and if he is sincere in seeking Allah’s pleasure or not. So if he proves to be steadfast in leaving the bad habit and bears this difficulty in the very beginning the whole thing will become easy for him.”

So think of giving up music, as giving it up for the sake of Allah. May Allah make it easy for you and us all..Ameen


:w:
Mashallah jazakallah khair for that hadith bro. very nice :)

if u don't mind.. can i ask...do u liv in a islamic country?

Ameen btw
and jazakallah khair
Reply

Cabdullahi
05-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Yeah and also ive been hearing stuff about how music tracks have subliminal messages and how it has an influence on the brain.Whta i think is if you listen to music with useless lyrics that encourage bad stuff then there is no doubt that you might replicate those things
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 06:54 PM
^ yeh i kno thats why i gave up the useless songs/singers and i lissen and cant quit the good ones wit real messages. like native deen mashallah
Reply

'Abd al-Baari
05-09-2008, 06:58 PM
:sl:

Mashallah jazakallah khair for that hadith bro. very nice

if u don't mind.. can i ask...do u liv in a islamic country?
WaIyyaki. [Just a note - It is not actually a Hadith of the Prophet SAW, it is a saying of Imam Ibn Al Qayyim]

Islamic country? No, I'm from the UK.


:w:
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 07:00 PM
^ oh woops my bad
Jazakallah khair for the saying then. lol
Ooh u in UK (y am i not surprised...) mashallah then
u livin in a mix of people and never interested in music! mashallah jazakalllah khair and jannah brother
inshallah u (and evry1) get jannat alfirdous inshallah ammeen.
Reply

Al-Zaara
05-09-2008, 07:10 PM
and i lissen occasionaly juss a liiil teeny bit of tupac and all dem on da radio in da car...coz its borin.
Bored? Read books! :thumbs_up

If you follow the opinion that all sorts of music is haram, then you must start telling yourself you really want to quit. Replace the need to listen to music with something else. Usually people listen to music for relaxation or just 'cause they are bored, but you can replace it with something else, like reading books. Or eating or going out for jogging, or reading the newspaper, or writing poems..
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Bored? Read books! :thumbs_up

If you follow the opinion that all sorts of music is haram, then you must start telling yourself you really want to quit. Replace the need to listen to music with something else. Usually people listen to music for relaxation or just 'cause they are bored, but you can replace it with something else, like reading books. Or eating or going out for jogging, or reading the newspaper, or writing poems..

lol i was hoping someone would pass by reading books without mentioning it.lol
anyway
i hate reading
and i do enough of it during school
i lissen to good halal nasheeds when i feel like it
i already write poetry...freestyles...when am being bored.
i play basketball coz its ghetto-er than joggin (lol am kiddin of course)
i read newspapers....ok fine i watch the news. the newspapers here suck big time coz they so bored the front page is about some looser who jumped the longest...interesting :rollseyes
music that has instruments is just extra. it doesnt stop me from praying, or reading and memorizing quran, or fasting, or nothing. and it lets me concentrate during school. i swear, i cant really think without music on during homework or something. my mom says i cant concentrate wit it on :rollseyes lol.silly mum.
Reply

Ali.
05-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol i was hoping someone would pass by reading books without mentioning it.lol
anyway
i hate reading
and i do enough of it during school
i lissen to good halal nasheeds when i feel like it
i already write poetry...freestyles...when am being bored.
i play basketball coz its ghetto-er than joggin (lol am kiddin of course)
i read newspapers....ok fine i watch the news. the newspapers here suck big time coz they so bored the front page is about some looser who jumped the longest...interesting :rollseyes
music that has instruments is just extra. it doesnt stop me from praying, or reading and memorizing quran, or fasting, or nothing. and it lets me concentrate during school. i swear, i cant really think without music on during homework or something. my mom says i cant concentrate wit it on :rollseyes lol.silly mum.
Hmm, well you sound quite young. Not young as in 9, but high school-ish.

About the reading books is boring bit - it depends what you read. Seriously, give it a go; you might find a specific genre you enjoy reading.

Also, you may laugh at this, but why not revise for upcoming tests or something? It'll be worth it.
Reply

Cabdullahi
05-09-2008, 07:23 PM
cmon man!! reading is boring but its good for your english i must admit so i would advice to anyone who hates english to force themselves to read even if its online for 20 minutes or so
Reply

Güven
05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I was just like you Sis , I listened to rap , hiphop music all the time and was like a normal "modern'' muslim, just a couple of months ago I didnt like them anymore, I Stopped with that kind of music and listened to nasheeds Or something like that pure (never knew that music was haram then)I didnt know why I Stopped listening to music , but now I understand It, It was Allah's Guidance ,Alhamdullah and at that time my imaan/Faith grew spontaneously ( Learned a new Word:D) Fast, I didnt know why , It was Like my true self was born and I knew there was something strange with me,Before the time my Imaan/Faith grew ALL the people I knew Where going to parties( they invited me many times) and doing sinfull things but there was some Thing/feeling in me wich forbade me to do such things and thats why I never did what they did and I didnt know why, I didnt notice but when my Faith grew and I practised Islam and then everything went automaticaly I understanded everything , I started Praying ( I am the only brother who is Praying 5 times a day in my hood and there is a lots of muslims brothers here), Watching Lectures for hours , Reading/Learning The Qu'ran and I learned what haram or halal was ( Also learned that music Haram was) etc. And even learned More then my Dear Mother (Who always prayed five times a day alhamdullah but didnt learned me much only how to fast and the movements for prayer and that kind of things ), in This couple of months I learned everything alone And now my Faith is not as high as before but it is enough to keep me at the right pad.

It was Allah who saved me ALHAMDULLAH , If He didnt I might went astray and do all the sinfull things and you guys might have never know me :)
Inshallah All of you will Have the guidance an Do the right things And Inshallah All of you will earn HIS Mercy and HIS Jannah.


PS. SORRY FOR MY BORING LONG LIFESTORY BUT I COULDNT STOP MY SELF TO WRITE IT :D
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ali.
Hmm, well you sound quite young. Not young as in 9, but high school-ish.

About the reading books is boring bit - it depends what you read. Seriously, give it a go; you might find a specific genre you enjoy reading.

Also, you may laugh at this, but why not revise for upcoming tests or something? It'll be worth it.
lol i am "high school-ish" lool am 15.

i kno i kno. i read islamic stuff. and i dont get bored. only mayb fall asleep occasionaly...but thats only when am reading after midnight. happens with quran too :X. i read some books..jus i hate the dog type of books they make us read at school. about a kid who falls in love....wita dog...oh so interesting. i kno ther is good books out ther. and i am readin som. jus not 24/7...

lol i wont laugh. i kno wut u mean. i do study for tests. i had tons of exams last week and this week...they over now tho :phew ...and i still study for other boring tests and projects and all dat.
so how is music interupting anything tho?
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2008, 07:26 PM
^ are you asking why music is harmful?
Reply

Al-Zaara
05-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol i was hoping someone would pass by reading books without mentioning it.lol
anyway
i hate reading
and i do enough of it during school
LOL Trust me, what you read in school is nothing compared to what you can read outside the schoolbuilding. You should try it more often.

i lissen to good halal nasheeds when i feel like it
OK.

i already write poetry...freestyles...when am being bored.
Are you often bored?

i play basketball coz its ghetto-er than joggin (lol am kiddin of course)
Basketball is cool. I play too.

i read newspapers....ok fine i watch the news. the newspapers here suck big time coz they so bored the front page is about some looser who jumped the longest...interesting :rollseyes
I'm gonna tell you a secret.. There are more pages after the front-page! *gasp* lol Newspaper's great! You try to read it more often! Or read magazines of all kinds, they surely cannot be boring!

music that has instruments is just extra. it doesnt stop me from praying, or reading and memorizing quran, or fasting, or nothing.
And the problem is? You say you don't feel regret for not feeling that music is haram, but still you create threads like these. I think you do slightly believe they are haram.. You just can't allow yourself to admit that, 'cause you enjoy it so much and cannot understand how something so enjoyable can do harm?

But then again, I could be wrong. If you really don't think/feel it is haram, why continue to bother? :confused: I'm sorry if you feel like you're repating yourself, but please do it for me!

and it lets me concentrate during school. i swear, i cant really think without music on during homework or something. my mom says i cant concentrate wit it on :rollseyes lol.silly mum.
That's so weird, but there are those who say the same, so I'm just gonna say OK.
Reply

Ali.
05-09-2008, 07:30 PM
and it lets me concentrate during school. i swear, i cant really think without music on during homework or something. my mom says i cant concentrate wit it on lol.silly mum.
I think that's just psychological.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Ibn al Qayyim Rahimahullah said: “It is difficult to abandon a habit or something that you like, if you do not do it for Allah’s sake. Likewise, if he leaves that habit or something he likes for Allah’s sake, it will not be difficult. It will only be difficult in the very beginning. He will be tested if he will continue or not and if he is sincere in seeking Allah’s pleasure or not. So if he proves to be steadfast in leaving the bad habit and bears this difficulty in the very beginning the whole thing will become easy for him.”
:


:sl:

Wow SubhanAllah....sounds like me! Completely. Remember in the other thread sis I mentioned what I did. I was like you.

I gave up all types of music all together for a couple of months after Ramadhan, but I fell back into again, some time later. I started by quitting western music. I was still stuck on the part with the instruments, so I would still listen to nasheeds that had instruments. And at the same time I would play the Qur'an alllllllllll dayyy. The whole Qur'an not just verses. I was basically on and off with it. just like recently I was trying to quit music again and MashaAllah, it was a lot easier now than when I used to try. Probably because I had struggled with it before. So I was sitting one day and i thought to myself that I know its wrong and I'd have to give it up sooner or later, so why not now? And cause Allah doesn't like this act and I would rather please Him than me or anyone else. I definitely don't want to please shaytaan. So I started by deleting every useless piece of music that i have on my computer and ipod. Then I filled it with nasheeds and lectures and the Qur'an.

Some people tell me not to be so extreme, but I know I'm not cause I'm doing it for Allah Ta'ala InshaAllah. It's hard to avoid music when you have people around you who listen. But other than that, I'm doin better. Soooooooooo sis, you just need to remind yourself who your doing it for and why. None of this world is going with us but our deeds, InshaAllah mostly good ones. So it'll be hard but InshaAllah you'll pull through. The quote the brother posted, is perfect. It really somes it up :)

:w:
Reply

------
05-09-2008, 07:33 PM
:salamext:

Sis u have to have it strong and deep fixed in your heart that 'I want to stop listening to Music'. Allaah will Guide you inshaaAllaah.

You may slip and fall from time to time and go back to listen to it, but then you just have to get up again and brush the dirt off yourself.

It is hard though, for a person to stop when they have been listening to it all the time.

Khayr inshaaAllaah, just try your best.
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
I was just like you Sis , I listened to rap , hiphop music all the time and was like a normal "modern'' muslim, just a couple of months ago I didnt like them anymore, I Stopped with that kind of music and listened to nasheeds Or something like that pure (never knew that music was haram then)I didnt know why I Stopped listening to music , but now I understand It, It was Allah's Guidance ,Alhamdullah and at that time my imaan/Faith grew spontaneously ( Learned a new Word:D) Fast, I didnt know why , It was Like my true self was born and I knew there was something strange with me,Before the time my Imaan/Faith grew ALL the people I knew Where going to parties( they invited me many times) and doing sinfull things but there was some Thing/feeling in me wich forbade me to do such things and thats why I never did what they did and I didnt know why, I didnt notice but when my Faith grew and I practised Islam and then everything went automaticaly I understanded everything , I started Praying ( I am the only brother who is Praying 5 times a day in my hood and there is a lots of muslims brothers here), Watching Lectures for hours , Reading/Learning The Qu'ran and I learned what haram or halal was ( Also learned that music Haram was) etc. And even learned More then my Dear Mother (Who always prayed five times a day alhamdullah but didnt learned me much only how to fast and the movements for prayer and that kind of things ), in This couple of months I learned everything alone And now my Faith is not as high as before but it is enough to keep me at the right pad.

It was Allah who saved me ALHAMDULLAH , If He didnt I might went astray and do all the sinfull things and you guys might have never know me :)
Inshallah All of you will Have the guidance an Do the right things And Inshallah All of you will earn HIS Mercy and HIS Jannah.


PS. SORRY FOR MY BORING LONG LIFESTORY BUT I COULDNT STOP MY SELF TO WRITE IT :D
haha lool its ok its interesting reading peopels life stories....well the short ones like urs not the two page long ones like my teachers. lol

mashallah brother
see am learning tons of things. i kno more about haram and halal and stories and hadiths about he prophets and all that much more than any one in my family.......but the music thing is like the only thing i cant stop. the only thing....
jazakallah khair brother u juss made me feel so much better :statisfie


Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ are you asking why music is harmful?
eh...no...sortta....kinda..yeh...no but ye- noooo im not...god i hate it when peope get me stuck like dis... :-[

Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
LOL Trust me, what you read in school is nothing compared to what you can read outside the schoolbuilding. You should try it more often.



OK.


Are you often bored?



Basketball is cool. I play too.



I'm gonna tell you a secret.. There are more pages after the front-page! *gasp* lol Newspaper's great! You try to read it more often! Or read magazines of all kinds, they surely cannot be boring!



And the problem is? You say you don't feel regret for not feeling that music is haram, but still you create threads like these. I think you do slightly believe they are haram.. You just can't allow yourself to admit that, 'cause you enjoy it so much and cannot understand how something so enjoyable can do harm?

But then again, I could be wrong. If you really don't think/feel it is haram, why continue to bother? :confused: I'm sorry if you feel like you're repating yourself, but please do it for me!



That's so weird, but there are those who say the same, so I'm just gonna say OK.
lol i swear at the newspaper joke i was laughing so hard and my brother was tellin me a joke and he htought i was laughin at him! Loool :rollseyes

no sis. i wanna understand more things. i wanna learn more about islam and haram things. i want my faith to be like it was 6 monthes ago.


Originally Posted by Ali.
I think that's just psychological.
is that a bad thing :?
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by - Brok3n -
:salamext:

Sis u have to have it strong and deep fixed in your heart that 'I want to stop listening to Music'. Allaah will Guide you inshaaAllaah.

You may slip and fall from time to time and go back to listen to it, but then you just have to get up again and brush the dirt off yourself.

It is hard though, for a person to stop when they have been listening to it all the time.

Khayr inshaaAllaah, just try your best.
Jazakallah khair sis
i kno
when u sin its like ur ona slippery hill u just keep falling and its harder and harder to stop . i kno
Jazakallah khair
Reply

Ali.
05-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim

is that a bad thing :?
Erm not really, it just means that you think it makes you concentrate harder, but infact it doesn't, and when you try to concentrate without music on you are thinking & telling yourself:

Man music will make me concentrate way harder than this! Switch it on *talking to self*, I said; switch the bloody music on! :raging:
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-09-2008, 07:41 PM
and it lets me concentrate during school. i swear, i cant really think without music on during homework or something. my mom says i cant concentrate wit it on:p lol.silly mum.
Oye, that's totally like me sis. I used to do my homework and study with music on. Occasionally I still feel like that, so I put nasheeds on or the Qur'an. I don't think it's so much with music. I need noise when I'm studying or doing homework. As long as someone isn't talking to me directly, or involves me answering, then it doesn't bother me. I will get distracted if I have to stop and answer. Especially if I'm in the process of thinking hard :p lol. I get bored and sleepy if it's quiet =/

P.S Don't miss my post :P lol
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
eh...no...sortta....kinda..yeh...no but ye- noooo im not...god i hate it when peope get me stuck like dis... :-[
i know its a long read sorry sis but plz u would find this VERY itneresting trust me!!!

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...=eng&txt=music

^ plaese read it ALL !
you will benefit inshAllah

SAY BISMILLAH :)
Reply

Umar001
05-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I dont know how anyone can concentrate with music on. It is like reading a book and trying to write something else at the same time. Well for me.

I guess different people are different in their understanding of music.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2008, 08:03 PM
OH TRUEMUSLIM!!

you GOT to listen to this!

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/s...ad.php?t=11008

^ download audio and listen to it



Assalamu Alaikum
Reply

chacha_jalebi
05-09-2008, 08:15 PM
salaam ma alaykam sister

at first i thought if i gave up music, my life would be like upside down lol ( i wanted to be a dj/mc :-[:X)lol

after seein the evidences, and trust their is so much, so no doubt music is haraam, i decided to give up, and it was completely normal, like instead of listenin to music, listen to Quraan seriouslyyy, best way to stop, is to do it all at once, delete all songs from your ipod,computer, or wherever, just delete them, and download quraan, and stick that on your mp3, put some lectures, halaal nasheeds, and there you go, you have given up!

and just do it for Allah (swt) sake, he will reward you with somethin much better then music sister, like you never know, a BMW convertible :shade:
and think about the music you listen too lol, even though i never listened to the hip hop stuff, ive heard some of it like all its about is some man who loves a girl or some man came from the ghetto and everyone hates him lol, how come all of them come from the ghetto:p pssssh, they chat crap and lies lol, so when you think about your listenin too, you will find it funyy!!so just give it up, it can be hard, but try to be strong, its for the best!!!


all the best sister :D
Reply

Güven
05-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
:


:sl:

Wow SubhanAllah....sounds like me! Completely. Remember in the other thread sis I mentioned what I did. I was like you.

I gave up all types of music all together for a couple of months after Ramadhan, but I fell back into again, some time later. I started by quitting western music. I was still stuck on the part with the instruments, so I would still listen to nasheeds that had instruments. And at the same time I would play the Qur'an alllllllllll dayyy. The whole Qur'an not just verses. I was basically on and off with it. just like recently I was trying to quit music again and MashaAllah, it was a lot easier now than when I used to try. Probably because I had struggled with it before. So I was sitting one day and i thought to myself that I know its wrong and I'd have to give it up sooner or later, so why not now? And cause Allah doesn't like this act and I would rather please Him than me or anyone else. I definitely don't want to please shaytaan. So I started by deleting every useless piece of music that i have on my computer and ipod. Then I filled it with nasheeds and lectures and the Qur'an.

Some people tell me not to be so extreme, but I know I'm not cause I'm doing it for Allah Ta'ala InshaAllah. It's hard to avoid music when you have people around you who listen. But other than that, I'm doin better. Soooooooooo sis, you just need to remind yourself who your doing it for and why. None of this world is going with us but our deeds, InshaAllah mostly good ones. So it'll be hard but InshaAllah you'll pull through. The quote the brother posted, is perfect. It really somes it up :)

:w:
Yeah I can't understand those people neither They say it to me too
what's wrong with them , Trying to be a good muslim they say dont be an extremist What the ......:raging:
Reply

Pen Marks
05-09-2008, 08:20 PM
try deleting them of your computer, ipod, mp3 player, and stop yourself from giong to sites that will enable u to download them or listen to them and make dua asking Allah to help u stop that the most important part
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
Yeah I can't understand those people neither They say it to me too
what's wrong with them , Trying to be a good muslim they say dont be an extremist What the ......:raging:
I know right =/ Real pain...khair we only care about what Allah thinks! Alhamdulillah :D
Reply

Güven
05-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Yea You're right :D
Reply

Fishman
05-09-2008, 10:22 PM
:sl:
Music schmoosic. In Soviet Union, music plays YOU!
:w:
Reply

barney
05-09-2008, 10:32 PM
I suppose the first step would be diable the I-Tunes and MP3 Stuff on your computer.
Perhaps make sure that you are listening only to Islamic Radio stations and Islamic TV channels.
Get rid of the MP3 Player. that may be hard, but if its what you want you should follow your true feelings.

That should cut out 80% of music, and as i understand it i read on the forums something similar to the music that you hear as background music and are not desiring to listen to you bear no responsiblity for. It's worth researching.
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ali.
Erm not really, it just means that you think it makes you concentrate harder, but infact it doesn't, and when you try to concentrate without music on you are thinking & telling yourself:

Man music will make me concentrate way harder than this! Switch it on *talking to self*, I said; switch the bloody music on! :raging:
Lol jazakallah khair
the thing is.....it really does help...like if im not lissening to music i just sit ther THINKING...about things waaay there. like i few minutes ago i tried not to turn music on and i was doing a math thing...algebra crap. and so i sat there...thinking...this... "Equation....equation...wait wat the hell does A stand for?? a isnt a number? wat the hell is up wit u algebra?! A is for allah. oh thats a nahseed innit? oh speaking of music...LI...OMG amat allah, she so nice, i luv LI. i hope everyone is doing great. omg did i pray the asr? i hear the athan on my ipod right now! woops time to go pray...haha no more algebra" like seriously i just said it all exactly the way i was thinkin it. lol and here is me without music "ok equation, caalifornia looove (singing) whooooooo california, dont-- " and AT the same TIME i am doing the actual problems...interesting...and confusing...



Originally Posted by Jazzy
Oye, that's totally like me sis. I used to do my homework and study with music on. Occasionally I still feel like that, so I put nasheeds on or the Qur'an. I don't think it's so much with music. I need noise when I'm studying or doing homework. As long as someone isn't talking to me directly, or involves me answering, then it doesn't bother me. I will get distracted if I have to stop and answer. Especially if I'm in the process of thinking hard :p lol. I get bored and sleepy if it's quiet =/

P.S Don't miss my post :P lol
lol sorry bout missin ur other post. jzakallah khair for both posts sister :D mashallah i feel the same way as u just said! :D


Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i know its a long read sorry sis but plz u would find this VERY itneresting trust me!!!

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...=eng&txt=music

^ plaese read it ALL !
you will benefit inshAllah

SAY BISMILLAH :)
Masahlalh brother that is sooooo amazing jazakallah khair akhi its making me feel so much better. and ...:statisfie



Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I dont know how anyone can concentrate with music on. It is like reading a book and trying to write something else at the same time. Well for me.

I guess different people are different in their understanding of music.
lol
thats coz writing is boring...and reading is boring...mix the two and wat do u get?? (answer: no concentration coz u be sleepin)


Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
OH TRUEMUSLIM!!

you GOT to listen to this!

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/s...ad.php?t=11008

^ download audio and listen to it



Assalamu Alaikum
Mashallah brother JAzakallah khair !! thats soooo good!! jazakallah khair
both ur posts!!

Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
salaam ma alaykam sister

at first i thought if i gave up music, my life would be like upside down lol ( i wanted to be a dj/mc :-[:X)lol

after seein the evidences, and trust their is so much, so no doubt music is haraam, i decided to give up, and it was completely normal, like instead of listenin to music, listen to Quraan seriouslyyy, best way to stop, is to do it all at once, delete all songs from your ipod,computer, or wherever, just delete them, and download quraan, and stick that on your mp3, put some lectures, halaal nasheeds, and there you go, you have given up!

and just do it for Allah (swt) sake, he will reward you with somethin much better then music sister, like you never know, a BMW convertible :shade:
and think about the music you listen too lol, even though i never listened to the hip hop stuff, ive heard some of it like all its about is some man who loves a girl or some man came from the ghetto and everyone hates him lol, how come all of them come from the ghetto:p pssssh, they chat crap and lies lol, so when you think about your listenin too, you will find it funyy!!so just give it up, it can be hard, but try to be strong, its for the best!!!


all the best sister :D
ooh or i can get a BMW without quitting music. lol.
see i did delete all the songs from my ipod..and my ipod already has hadiths and tafseer and the entire quran when we bought it so i put songs on it. and i deleted them not too long ago...and now they r back... Oh how did they get back on my ipod. i fink my brother has been taking it! :nervous: shhhhh
i kno its hard..too hard.

Originally Posted by Güven
Yeah I can't understand those people neither They say it to me too
what's wrong with them , Trying to be a good muslim they say dont be an extremist What the ......:raging:
lol UPDATE
Extremist: Arab/muslim/anyone wita beard/anyone who aint white/ anyone u want to be/ anyone from mideast... sad init

Originally Posted by Mu'minah421
try deleting them of your computer, ipod, mp3 player, and stop yourself from giong to sites that will enable u to download them or listen to them and make dua asking Allah to help u stop that the most important part
tried...:(

Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
Music schmoosic. In Soviet Union, music plays YOU!
:w:
Loool i gess i shud visit it...

do they got accents ther? british accents? if not im ther :D


Jazakallah khair everybody
and thank u for making my multi quote extremily looong ...am juss messin lol

WaSalaam
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by barney
I suppose the first step would be diable the I-Tunes and MP3 Stuff on your computer.
Perhaps make sure that you are listening only to Islamic Radio stations and Islamic TV channels.
Get rid of the MP3 Player. that may be hard, but if its what you want you should follow your true feelings.

That should cut out 80% of music, and as i understand it i read on the forums something similar to the music that you hear as background music and are not desiring to listen to you bear no responsiblity for. It's worth researching.

I dont have any music on my computer...only on youtube...i have an ipod which magically puts music back on it everytime i delete it...and i have a brother who happens to be playing his Zune everyday (and right now) on his xbox 360 and turning the volume up all the way that way our whole two story house plus nieghbors can hear it. :D

and also i havent even heard of islamic radio stations...pshhhhh...lol
and islamic channels? yeh but i dunt watch much tv, the tv is only useful for news, fresh prince of bel air and xbox360....
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Lol wa iyaaki sis :p

Well why don't u watch lectures instead of going on youtube. Tell your bro to keep it down. Plus its gunna ruin his hearing. and its gunna affect him as he gets older too....

lol
thats coz writing is boring...and reading is boring...mix the two and wat do u get?? (answer: no concentration coz u be sleepin)
Get books on stuff that interest you sis. Like I wont pick up a book unless I have too or if it's something I like. Ill read books if I think itll catch my attention or if its related to Islam or Muslims.
Reply

barney
05-09-2008, 10:44 PM
http://www.radioislam.com/
http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.php?article=10244
http://www.westernresistance.com/blo...es/001055.html

The last one looks a bit suspect. Still hope these help
Reply

truemuslim
05-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
Lol wa iyaaki sis :p

Well why don't u watch lectures instead of going on youtube. Tell your bro to keep it down. Plus its gunna ruin his hearing. and its gunna affect him as he gets older too....



Get books on stuff that interest you sis. Like I wont pick up a book unless I have too or if it's something I like. Ill read books if I think itll catch my attention or if its related to Islam or Muslims.
lol jazakallah khair sis
I do watch lectures...on youtube :-[
nah i cant tell him dat. i tried once............:exhaustedwow....he comes up...tall..big...strong...scary...wit his pocket...knife...am like go ahead i dunt care just turn that stuff down. he brings it to my neck and am like "omg am jus kiddin...btw u kno the shaitan can push that?" and he like "i kno the shaitan can push this" am like "so why u do it?!?!" he like ":rollseyes " lol
but seirously
i do read i do anything a normal muslim can do
MUSIC IS JUST EXTRA
people music-- nvrmind...


Oooh Interesting
Jazakallah khair brother...

EDIT: BARNEY?!??!! LOOOL WOW MASHALLAH!
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol jazakallah khair sis
I do watch lectures...on youtube :-[
nah i cant tell him dat. i tried once............:exhaustedwow....he comes up...tall..big...strong...scary...wit his pocket...knife...am like go ahead i dunt care just turn that stuff down. he brings it to my neck and am like "omg am jus kiddin...btw u kno the shaitan can push that?" and he like "i kno the shaitan can push this" am like "so why u do it?!?!" he like ":rollseyes " lol
but seirously
i do read i do anything a normal muslim can do
MUSIC IS JUST EXTRA
people music-- nvrmind...
Lol, tell him itll make him lose his hearing. If he does it a lot...lol. Tell your mom to tell him to put it "low" at least InshaAllah.


P.S. Yea Barney shocks u big time usually, doesnt he :p lol
Reply

truemuslim
05-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
Lol, tell him itll make him lose his hearing. If he does it a lot...lol. Tell your mom to tell him to put it "low" at least InshaAllah.


P.S. Yea Barney shocks u big time usually, doesnt he :p lol

lol nah ...sadly i enjoy lissenin to it sometimes anyway :-[
but other times..:raging:
lol i can hear when he comes home in his car by like 2 blocks away.LOL


lollolololol yeh i kno he does shock me sometimes! lol
Reply

transition?
05-10-2008, 12:36 AM
you might check this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tml#post883037
Reply

truemuslim
05-10-2008, 12:43 AM
^ jazakallah khair sis :)
Reply

truemuslim
05-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Can i give up giving up music coz i feel like giving up giving up music coz giving it up is too hard that it makes me give up giving up....


EDIT: OMG ....Right now i am making a ISLAMIC WITH NO MUSIC video while lissenin to ABU ALI!
but i fink ima bout to change it to something else right now....ina sec...after this abu ali song gets old.....mayb tomorrow? :D am smilin
Reply

BlackMamba
05-10-2008, 01:48 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=k-Nq4NUBrOA
Reply

truemuslim
05-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by Shakoor15

Loooool honestly im cracking up while watching that!! hahahaaa looool


it was ment to be a comedy right? :-[

first

isnt it the lyrics thatr bad too?
they cant re-rap "in da club" by 50 cent just wit no instruments ...why?

1. the lyrics
2. they suck
and 3. he could sue em....am kiddin

but seriously that sounds horrible
someone already posted that video once and it made me turn on one of the songs they tried to rap.....this time im resisting. lol

jazaklallah khair
good video when u wanna laugh tho :X

i fink dey might be good later on tho. like if they make ther OWN songs not rap haram ones. u kno?

WaSalaam
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Lol I remember watching that. It is funny xD
Reply

BlackMamba
05-10-2008, 05:05 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nvEXeOthH3M
They just put up a new video. Its like a trailer to their next mixtape. Lol its so funny these guys know how to make people laugh
Reply

Güven
05-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Looool That was funny , Thanks for sharing :D
Reply

------
05-10-2008, 10:40 AM
:salamext:

U ok now truemuslim sis?
Reply

truemuslim
05-11-2008, 03:52 AM
Loool well that was random! lool and funny



U ok now truemuslim sis?
ima say yeh ccoz i dunt wanna say no more......it dunt mean i gave up music tho. :(
Reply

arabianprincess
05-11-2008, 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by Ali.
Erm not really, it just means that you think it makes you concentrate harder, but infact it doesn't, and when you try to concentrate without music on you are thinking & telling yourself:

Man music will make me concentrate way harder than this! Switch it on *talking to self*, I said; switch the bloody music on! :raging:
lol .... i always thought this word is soo weird to me .. bloooooody every time i read it i just laugh .. weird.. huh
peace
Reply

arabianprincess
05-11-2008, 04:45 AM
as far as music goes...
i have the same problem as welll as i said before... i just dont like anasheed... even if i do... like for a while then i end up hatin em... i dont know y .. IS THERE SOMETHIN wrong with me .. i dont know .. im weird
Reply

Malaikah
05-11-2008, 06:19 AM
:sl:

arabianprincess - maybe you just haven't found a nasheed artist you like yet?

truemuslim - for me, it took ages to work up the courage and when I finallly did it was only because a friend of mine hoped onto msn and told me she had deleted most of her music from her pc, and then I thought, right, if she can do it, so can I. It was HARD, but a couple of clicks later, all my music files were deleted and I got rid of all my CD's too.

If you haven't deleted all your music or gotten rid of your CD's, do so NOW! If you just leave them there will your trying to quit, you will just fall right back into it. Heck, lock the radio up in your parents room or something if you have to!

Nasheeds are probably important to help you make that transition phase, as I know it is hard to go from listening to music 24/7 to listening to nothing at all.
Reply

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 01:04 AM
i dunt fink i can delete youtube tho now can i?
and i dont fink i can delete my brohter either
or that horrible button on the car that says "power on" ???
eh?
NO
i cant
music never leaves
juss forget it
i juss wanted to kno how u guys quit
i gess its just impossible for me (dont even think about it!)
its tooooo hard
forget it
i give up giving up music :D

Jazakallah khair
WaSalaam
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 01:14 AM
^^Thats not very positive sis! lol.
Reply

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 01:17 AM
^ it is to me
thaz why am still smilin' :) (good thing u cant see the real me...:D)
it is positive
they aint no negative is ther?
noooo
Jazakalla khair
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Whats positive about giving up lol =/
Reply

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 01:32 AM
its positive to me :D
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Is it cause its an easy way out? There won't be any benefit for you if you do that. You might think there is, but there isn't :p
Reply

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 02:13 AM
yep !
i kno ther wont be any benifit...its juss a bit ...nevermind


Also...To anybody:

How can u not lissen to ANY music EVER?? wut bout when u shoppin ina food store er somthing? and dey got dat stupidest radio on wit people screaming wit music in background (aka metal rock i fink) ??? do u walk into the store wit ur hands over ur ears the whoooole time? juss so u kno if i do that...
1. I will look extremely stupid...
2. I cant get the dorito chips when my dad passes by them coz he dunt get nothin good.
AND 3. *speechless*
OR when someone u cant control er somthing turns it on??

or another million other situations.... ???

Jzakallah khair
WaaSalaam
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Well I know I can hear it but I try not to pay any attention. It's like I can hear it but I'm not listening. And I know how it feels when u cant make someone turn it off. When my bro takes me to class, he puts music on. Sometimes loud, so i just ask him to put it low and he does. They're already not sooo practisin like i am so id rather not push them away by saying its haram and dont listen...show by example. Plus I keep my ipod with me incase, so ill put on nasheeds, lectures, or the Qur'an.
Reply

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 03:32 AM
^ lol
and wut if its a goooood song and u cant hepl but noticing?
Reply

Malaikah
05-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Its not a sin if you can hear the music, as long as you aren't listening to it. in other words, just ignore it.
Reply

------
05-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

arabianprincess - maybe you just haven't found a nasheed artist you like yet?

truemuslim - for me, it took ages to work up the courage and when I finallly did it was only because a friend of mine hoped onto msn and told me she had deleted most of her music from her pc, and then I thought, right, if she can do it, so can I. It was HARD, but a couple of clicks later, all my music files were deleted and I got rid of all my CD's too.

If you haven't deleted all your music or gotten rid of your CD's, do so NOW! If you just leave them there will your trying to quit, you will just fall right back into it. Heck, lock the radio up in your parents room or something if you have to!

Nasheeds are probably important to help you make that transition phase, as I know it is hard to go from listening to music 24/7 to listening to nothing at all.
There's youtube as well, it doesnt have to be music on your comp...
Reply

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
Its not a sin if you can hear the music, as long as you aren't listening to it. in other words, just ignore it.

Wut if u wanna hear it :-[
nd u cant help it....:exhausted
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-13-2008, 05:48 PM
lol then you'd let shaytan win and make him happy. I'm sure u dont want to do that =/
Reply

Souljette
05-13-2008, 06:11 PM
k won't even bother posting..maybe at a later time
Reply

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
lol then you'd let shaytan win and make him happy. I'm sure u dont want to do that =/
...:phew

Originally Posted by Souljette
k won't even bother posting..maybe at a later time
lol
u just did :X :D
Reply

------
05-13-2008, 06:22 PM
:-\
Reply

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
^ x2
Reply

Souljette
05-13-2008, 06:41 PM
ye i tried not to but hey it's true muslim you can't not post on anythin SHE ritez lolzz

i'm sayin ill post my lecture later too tired fr now lolz
Reply

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Souljette
ye i tried not to but hey it's true muslim you can't not post on anythin SHE ritez lolzz

i'm sayin ill post my lecture later too tired fr now lolz
:omg:
:eek: :raging:

ur mean...

that means i be meaner so dunt try me arab girl! (im arab too so dunt fink im racist lol)
Reply

------
05-13-2008, 06:44 PM
:salamext:

Sis truemuslim stop flooding threads and behave your age. Please.
Reply

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by - Brok3n -
:salamext:

Sis truemuslim stop flooding threads and behave your age. Please.

:rollseyes
or u people can quit bein impossible...

ok see now u makin me mad i dunt wanna be mean/mad so ima leave and stay on one thread...the fun...unmad, unmean thread...that makes me laugh
Reply

------
05-13-2008, 06:48 PM
:salamext:

See? U get angry too quickly... u need to learn how to control ur anger and behave ur age. Please. Trust me it will do some good for you in the future. :muddlehea
Reply

Souljette
05-13-2008, 06:57 PM
lol ur soo hilarious just cuz i live in dubai don't mean i'm arab.....nd i wasn't intending to be mean just tellin the truth..i can't help it if you guys think i'm rude..c'mmon u live in the states..how could you think that's rude..it's just taht your not trying yourself ..ok rest of the lecture later when i'm not as irritated
Reply

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 07:02 PM
^ so if i live in da states i cant find that rude? lemme guess u see me as a 15 yr old girl who wears leather jacket and runs from cops all da time and does all dat stupid american stuff rite? welll no. i do that, yeh, but not in real life........only in gta4 lol

anyway
wutever
am not mad
ur not mean
lets jus end dis coz i give up
i give up giving up music
and i give up talkin wit u people bout anythin..
Peace
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-13-2008, 07:05 PM
We just killed the point of the thread....thread CLOSED please if we are done here....>.<

kk thnx :p
Reply

------
05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
:threadclo
Reply

chacha_jalebi
05-13-2008, 09:18 PM
pssssssh pssssssssssh, thread off topic, and question has been answered, just a warning for the off threaders, watch your back lol

:D :threadclo

also this is a useful link suggested by our very own brother abu sayyad :D

http://muslimmatters.org/2008/05/14/the-end-of-music/

check it^ its a greaat link
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!