/* */

PDA

View Full Version : when a muslim uses drugs..

AnonymousPoster
05-09-2008, 06:36 PM
:salamext:

i kno a muslim boy who uses drugs.. shud i do something about it? im a sister. the boy is not practicing but i dunno, i have always thot he has strong faith cuz we have known each other for a few yearz.. but we aint friendz in its real sense, more strangers who knw each other as friendz but still aint.. hard to explain

but now im not sure if i can or SHUD do anything abt it, da drugs issue.

i havent done anythin yet n i am always distant frm this boy, i always make dua for him for in the end he is my bro in islam, but i feel i shud do more than duaz.. his friendz use drugs too..

long tym ago i chose to not talk to him n not be around him, n the thing is we never ever even were togetha or close but i did have thot n gotten da impression he was gud muslim n jut needed tht push to pray n fast but now im lost as to in which position he is.. shud i do anythin?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 04:15 PM
bump..

noorahmad
05-11-2008, 04:23 PM
well do make du'aa for him and as do try to get him to perform his swalaats,and slowly inshaAllah, he will be ok

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh please everyone teks drugs these days weva u tel him or not it may not mek a difference myt azwel go for it thou.in r skul dey had to put a bryt blur lyt in the bro's loo so dey cnt find der veins to juice emselves, bt dey stil do.Der aint realy no way to go around ths but the person decidin emselves that dey dun wana do it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Oh please everyone teks drugs these days weva u tel him or not it may not mek a difference myt azwel go for it thou.in r skul dey had to put a bryt blur lyt in the bro's loo so dey cnt find der veins to juice emselves, bt dey stil do.Der aint realy no way to go around ths but the person decidin emselves that dey dun wana do it.
serioz? honestly i dunt think everybody takes drugz these dayz, but i may just be naive ey...

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 04:51 PM

Can you repeat the above in english :?

Al-Zaara
05-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Wow, this was freaky... *i'll translate*

Oh please everyone takes drugs these days wether you tell him or not it may not make a difference might aswell go for it though. in our school they had to put a bright blur light in the bro's loo so they cant find their veins to juice themselves, but they still do. there aint really no way to go around this but the person deciding themselves that they dont wanna do it

barney
05-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Sure can. :)

Oh Please, it is my considered opinion that everyone in the world participates in recreational pharmacology, this remains so, wether you advise them to continue or discourage them from the practice. In balance, to advice against such "Snorting sum Choice Snow", would be preferable.
In my educational establishment, they installed a Blue light in the male toilets to dissuade the gentlemen from such "Juicing the main line..PHAT!", but it was of little avail.

All in all I feel that it is a personal choice to give up.

Bah beaten to it ^^

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
You could pray istikarah, perhaps?
done it several tymz bro, it didnt give any help dis time n im confuzed abt it cuz usually i get answerz yet nt dis tym..

Ali.
05-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Hmm...

Does he have a sister that you could talk to to get through to him? Which drugs by the way?

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
serioz? honestly i dunt think everybody takes drugz these dayz, but i may just be naive ey...
it cud be our area difference bt serious who doesn't tek drugs.muslim or not everyones tried tht stuff am sho.and if dey havent there family members have.sori about crap writing.

Muezzin
05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Everyone takes recreational drugs?

Contrary to appearances, I don't. I can't even swallow pills. I have to chew them and they taste atrocious. Bleurgh.

As to the topic, how much does this guy's habit cost him? Harsh economic reality might turn him cold turkey. That, or a detox.

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Hmm...

Does he have a sister that you could talk to to get through to him? Which drugs by the way?
yeh but she lives in turkey n.. well i dunt knw her shez older.. but tht cud be a gud idea actually..

hashish..

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

As to the topic, how much does this guy's habit cost him? Harsh economic reality might turn him cold turkey. That, or a detox.
i cant remember what he said exactly, but a very small amount abt 20 euro if it aint gud quality n gud quality abt 50 euro.. n da thing is he iz pretty rich kid actually..

he also sellz it, n i dont knw tht much abt his businezz cuz i was so sad..

Muezzin
05-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Gotta be the detox then. Does he know what an enema is?

Ali.
05-11-2008, 05:13 PM
yeh but she lives in turkey n.. well i dunt knw her shez older.. but tht cud be a gud idea actually..

hashish..
What's hasish? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question..

gladTidings
05-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Lol sis zaara wd.

It might be abit inappropriate for you to help him sis, you being female and him being male. You also mentioned that your not really a friend of his, so do you think he will accept your help? Is there any brother you know that could help him, maybe one of his friends? I dont know how you would go about advising this brother though, I dont personally know any drug abusers. He might require professional help.

Al-Zaara
05-11-2008, 05:15 PM
What pearl? :p

Güven
05-11-2008, 05:18 PM
I know A lot of brothers who is in this bussines but what can you do except making Dua.

Güven
05-11-2008, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
What's hasish? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question..
Hash, Its like in the same catagorie as weed, not that I am a professional but I live in Holland:D

Al-Zaara
05-11-2008, 05:23 PM
edit Sorry cannot help.. :(

edit: Thank you, Güven!

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 05:26 PM
muezzin,

yeh i guezz he does knw wat it iz.. why?

Originally Posted by peãrl
It might be abit inappropriate for you to help him sis, you being female and him being male. You also mentioned that your not really a friend of his, so do you think he will accept your help? Is there any brother you know that could help him, maybe one of his friends? I dont know how you would go about advising this brother though, I dont personally know any drug abusers. He might require professional help.
we have a kinda complicated hiztory, da 2 of uz.. he doez kinda listen but my insecurity abt da situation makes all my tries worthlezz.. n yeah i guezz he doesnt listen much but i am keepin da faith tht my words to reach him at some level.. insha Allaah

yeh but he is da only muslim i almost see daily n i cant stand the fact someone so intelligent just does dis i dunno.. im equally worried abt his non muzlim friendz..

sigh... i thot he myte need profezzional help too..

Originally Posted by Güven
I know A lot of brothers who is in this bussines but what can you do except making Dua.
but.. i knw, yet.. sigh.. seriouz if i was a bro i wud do anythin i cud to help em..

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Hash, Its like in the same catagorie as weed, not that I am a professional but I live in Holland:D
yeh.. it's the resin of cannabis kinda..

جوري
05-11-2008, 06:04 PM
I say inform his parents or an authority figure..
Hashish is not a hard core drug but chances are if he is doing this, he is doing other things on the side.. this is a downward spiral .. very few people come off of it..

Hasish isn't addictive, it will just do away with his mind, and if his base line is stupid which I suspect it is for doing drugs to begin with, then he'll be so fried he won't even be able to bag groceries at tesco and I know in England they leave the bagging to the customers anyway :raging: so really he is looking at wiping cars, or cleaning toilets with no prospect of improvement?

it is his choice, you can only offer advise or be pro-active in getting some authority figure in to help him out..

p.s excuse my judgement of the fellow... I have very low tolerance for self-imposed stupidity..

:w:

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
truth iz i just wud wish he didnt knw it iz me who said but he aint tht stupid im sure he wud figure it out n then hate me for da rest of hiz life.. but maybe i shudnt care.. cuz afterall i just wanna make sure he does da right thing..

Hashish is not a hard core drug but chances are if he is doing this, he is doing other things on the side.. this is a downward spiral .. very few people come off of it..
darn..

Hasish isn't addictive, it will just do away with his mind, and if his base line is stupid which I suspect it is for doing drugs to begin with, then he'll be so fried he won't even be able to bag groceries at tesco and I know in England they leave the bagging to the customers anyway :raging: so really he is looking at wiping cars, or cleaning toilets with no prospect of improvement?
rofl i got to admit ur hilariouz n i agree wid u serioz.. he just made it sound as if it doeznt change him any way he still studies right n it goes well for him..

it is his choice, you can only offer advise or be pro-active in getting some authority figure in to help him out..

p.s excuse my judgement of the fellow... I have very low tolerance for self-imposed stupidity..
i knw it iz hiz choice i guess i just am a bit too.. um.. protectin..

serioz, i needed tht kind of anzwer jazaaki Allaah khayr.. and to all of ya, i wud appreciate more anzwerz but im now already gunna say jazaak Allaah khayroon everyone..

Souljette
05-11-2008, 06:36 PM
:sl:
Sis I knew alotttaaa people who were on drugs and still are..many quit and some are still on it...well if you are a respected person to the person then i think you should talk to him and bring the facts on the table..tell him tht he's way smarter then a person using drugs and that what's the point of it?? why is he using and selling it?? Recommend him to go to a masjid and tell him that drugs are all worthless used for temporary pleasure or happiness..once addicted to weed it's really hard to get off and only a person's self-determination will drag them away from it and the fact that it's hard to buy it..

Tell him stories of deaths that have happened because of these drugs and it is basically suicide in other words because it's slowly killing you inside..and suicide is haraam so he shouldn't be doing it...Why waste his time doing something like this when he could use his time doing something beneficial..if you can even recommend him to this forum..manyy broz and sisters here can help him..K inshallah i hpe i helped..Salamualikum

Güven
05-11-2008, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
Sis I knew alotttaaa people who were on drugs and still are..many quit and some are still on it...well if you are a respected person to the person then i think you should talk to him and bring the facts on the table..tell him tht he's way smarter then a person using drugs and that what's the point of it?? why is he using and selling it?? Recommend him to go to a masjid and tell him that drugs are all worthless used for temporary pleasure or happiness..once addicted to weed it's really hard to get off and only a person's self-determination will drag them away from it and the fact that it's hard to buy it..

Tell him stories of deaths that have happened because of these drugs and it is basically suicide in other words because it's slowly killing you inside..and suicide is haraam so he shouldn't be doing it...Why waste his time doing something like this when he could use his time doing something beneficial..if you can even recommend him to this forum..manyy broz and sisters here can help him..K inshallah i hpe i helped..Salamualikum
Sis Its not so easy to bring them back to the right pad I know I see them every day they went even worse and now little kids selling cocaine.....COCAINE( I only saw it in Scarface But now its a childplay) Its because of their parents did nothing Allahu Aliem maybe this brother Is different but you have to be fast Inshallah he will understand

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette

jazaaki Allaah khayr so much sizter.. serioz ur post helped but it also made me scared, i really dunt have much time innit? if i really wanna do sumethin abt it..

once i said to him why he iz doin it he said why shudnt he n said it dusnt do anythin bad to him n as he awaited my answer i went away... cudnt handle it, i was abt to cry..

Sis Its not so easy to bring them back to the right pad I know I see them every day they went even worse and now little kids selling cocaine.....COCAINE( I only saw it in Scarface But now its a childplay) Its because of their parents did nothing Allahu Aliem maybe this brother Is different but you have to be fast Inshallah he will understand
insha Allaah he is different i believe tht but then again i may judge him wrongly n he aint nuthin what i thot.. allahu aliim, i will think abt this, either i talk to him myself or contact his sister, i dunno im confuzed.. sigh.. Allaah Allaah..

make dua for him n me, plz

Güven
05-11-2008, 07:13 PM
jazaaki Allaah khayr so much sizter.. serioz ur post helped but it also made me scared, i really dunt have much time innit? if i really wanna do sumethin abt it..

once i said to him why he iz doin it he said why shudnt he n said it dusnt do anythin bad to him n as he awaited my answer i went away... cudnt handle it, i was abt to cry..

insha Allaah he is different i believe tht but then again i may judge him wrongly n he aint nuthin what i thot.. allahu aliim, i will think abt this, either i talk to him myself or contact his sister, i dunno im confuzed.. sigh.. Allaah Allaah..

make dua for him n me, plz
But your Anonymous so how could I make dua for you, Just kiddin I will make dua for you inshallah :D

anonymous
05-11-2008, 09:02 PM
im gonna take drugs. where can i get drugs from. ive had enough of life, maybe drugs will make it better for me

Güven
05-11-2008, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
im gonna take drugs. where can i get drugs from. ive had enough of life, maybe drugs will make it better for me
Whaat are you serious :?

Pen Marks
05-11-2008, 09:14 PM
:muddlehea :astagfiru u'r kiddin right??!

barney
05-11-2008, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine

Gahhgh! Thats me agreeing with Skye twice in a week. Truely a sign of armageddon.

Snowflake
05-12-2008, 04:47 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

I was going to say the same thing as Skye Ephemerine. Tell his parents!

I was in a similar situation as you once and I didn't do enough. To this day I wish I'd done more. I knew a brother, who was the son of my friend's aunt. He was a good and mild mannered person, who'd somehow got involved in drugs.

Over the years I saw him deteriorate in front of my own eyes. He went from hunk to skunk. I always felt I should say something but dithered until one day I saw him in the street and asked why he's doing this to himself. He started to cry imsad

He said he couldn't believe anyone still would want to talk to him and thought everyone hated him and was disgusted by him. I told him not to be silly and to stop destroying himself. He said he couldn't stop. I asked why. He told me that he was angry and couldn't face life. I pressed further and he told me he'd been sexually abused as a child by a relative and taking drugs was the only way he could cope. I was so shocked, I wanted to grab that man by the collar and bring him infront of everyone and shame him almighty. I knew the lil........................

I asked if his mom knew. He said she did but she can't do anything. I was so angry, but there was nothing I could do as the brother wanted to keep it confidential. I left it at that and never spoke to him again.

Some time passed and he deteriorated even further. He looked close to death and was all skin and bones. But he didn't die from an OD. His body was found bloody and beaten near our local high street. We never found out why he was killed, but rumour is that he was trying to get into a car in his drugged out state and the guy's who the car belonged to jumped him and beat him to death.

Sometimes, I wonder how he is and then I remember he died. I still can remember seeing his blood on that pavement and his sad life. :cry:

So please, please, please, don't worry about him hating you. Report him for his own sake. It's always harder living with knowing that perhaps you could've done more.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Souljette
05-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Ye but sometimes parents can't do anything either...but who knows maybe his parents will inshallah..Sis Anonymous..i knw it's nt tht easy to get to people but sometimes you have to counteract..whn he says that it doesn't affect him..HOw does he know? Does he know whats goin on inside him? and why seek refuge in temporary things when he can seek refuge in Allah (S.W.T) ..if he asks why shouldn't he do it..well i already said it's suicide..it will get him nowhere in life ..not in this.nd not in the next..so where does he want to end up?? He's stronger then this nt jst sum pathetic loser on the street..he got caught up bt he has to get himself back up..grow up and mature...hope I'm helping sis

AnonymousPoster
05-12-2008, 05:51 PM

But your Anonymous so how could I make dua for you, Just kiddin I will make dua for you inshallah :D
jazaak Allaah khaayr bro, means alot wallahi

muslimah sis, ur story made me tearful, ya rabbi.. inna lillaahi wa inna illaahi rajoon, may Allaah be forgiving n merciful to those poor souls subhan Allaah, ameen..

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

I was going to say the same thing as Skye Ephemerine. Tell his parents!

So please, please, please, don't worry about him hating you. Report him for his own sake. It's always harder living with knowing that perhaps you could've done more.
:wasalamex

dunno how to contact his parentz ive neva talked to 'em, met 'em only once n just briefly yearz ago n dunno how to begin with.. i thot abt first talkin to the boy n see if he really aint listenin then talk to his sizter n maybe it wud be better if she talked to their parentz.. is dis a gud idea insha Allaah ? i guezz i just need confirmation n support frm ya all..

but he seems alrite to be honest, he goes to school n does his things, he laughs n speaks n it makes me think.. am i maybe overreactin' ?? i knw thts wht he thinks.

everyday i just get more confused abt him, i knw it iz all my fault actually, i dunt speak to him anymore so now my thoughts r really killin' me n im imagining things n thinkin n thinkin, do dis or say dat but i cant seem to be able to n whenever i try da words come out wrong..

AnonymousPoster
05-12-2008, 06:52 PM
let me know who you are - Anonymous3.

InToTheRain
05-12-2008, 07:32 PM

I really don't get some Brothers and Sisters out there, I know brothers that were ON THE LEVEL, and when I mean on the Level, I mean talk the talk, walk the walk and what not but how do they get to the level were they re-mortgage their house in order to feed their habbit... I dunno. But it always starts of with the small one, and you think to your self... nah it's just a phase, he'll get over it.. and the dude steps up coz that roll isn't doing it for him no more

This bro once said, it was the loneliness that got to him, and you know this **** crack heads, they will be your friend... in fact they will be the best friend you ever have! they will stay with you, listen to you and heck give you that roll like it grows on ****ed trees... and why do they do this? it's because they know that once you are hooked, you are playing the game with them and they will use and abuse you. Hell once your in too deep, know one really wants to know you apart from the crack heads, Insha'Allah the brother ain't in too deep.

Insha'Allah, the brother realises that his time and money can be spent on better things and tell him that people that give into peer pressure are weak. And an individual always feels lonely without Allah(SWT), no one can fill the void like He does. Some how he has to realise he is wasting his time and energy on this, tell him to get into a boxing ring and some bashes to the head can give him the same buzz, maybe it might change his mind.

AnonymousPoster
05-13-2008, 12:12 PM
i get u bro rashid.. Allaah knws best wht goes on in their head if therez any action in it at all..

format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid
tell him to get into a boxing ring and some bashes to the head can give him the same buzz, maybe it might change his mind.
He does taek-wondo since he was little 'n muay thai a few years back... The bro is in shape 'n iz intelligent does well in school 'n iz well-mannered + dusnt take the hashish issue seriouzly ..

i must talk to him until i can give further updates.. insha Allaah when i get the chance 'n .. courage.. :-[:cry:

Souljette
05-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Inshallah

khairo
05-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Asalaam u alaikum,

May be somehow you should advise the brothers who take drugs to attend this lecture, because brother mutah (who will be lecturing on the day comes from similar background, Alhomdolillah Allah has guided him and he left all for the sake of Allah.) may be his lecture will be a benefit for those who take drugs

Beauty of Islam - By Abdur Raheem Green
From Thug life to Islam - By Br Mutah (formerly rapper known as Napolean from Outlawz)

Abdur Raheem Green will talk beauties of Islam, the beauty that is being neglected, the beauty that eveyone needs to know.

Napolean a former rapper, has lived alife of thugs, involved i n gangs He will discuss how destructive "Thug Life" really is and the empowering impact Islam has made on him. Mutah Beale will give advice to Young Muslims about developing a positive self-image, the truth behind hip hop "Gangsters,"

The event is open for all and is free so no execuse to miss.

I shall see you all in there insha'Allah...:)

Snowflake
05-14-2008, 09:47 AM
muslimah sis, ur story made me tearful, ya rabbi.. inna lillaahi wa inna illaahi rajoon, may Allaah be forgiving n merciful to those poor souls subhan Allaah, ameen..

Ameen. May Allah forgive him and others and grant them Jannah al Firdaus. Ameen.

dunno how to contact his parentz ive neva talked to 'em, met 'em only once n just briefly yearz ago n dunno how to begin with.. i thot abt first talkin to the boy n see if he really aint listenin then talk to his sizter n maybe it wud be better if she talked to their parentz.. is dis a gud idea insha Allaah ? i guezz i just need confirmation n support frm ya all..

but he seems alrite to be honest, he goes to school n does his things, he laughs n speaks n it makes me think.. am i maybe overreactin' ?? i knw thts wht he thinks.

everyday i just get more confused abt him, i knw it iz all my fault actually, i dunt speak to him anymore so now my thoughts r really killin' me n im imagining things n thinkin n thinkin, do dis or say dat but i cant seem to be able to n whenever i try da words come out wrong..
asalam alaikum wr wb,

I understand. It's very difficult knowing what to say, espeically when the person is not family. It took me years to talk to the bro I mentioned. However, I doubt that you talking to this brother will have any affect, since he seems to be enjoying what he is doing and he won't want to know. Talking to his sisters is better as they can then inform his parents and together they can do something about it. I hope you do that soon inshaAllah.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

fatima_01
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM
salams

hmm maybe u shud get sum1 close to this guy sum1 that he respects to talk to him it really isnt a good idea to talk to his parents infact it cud just make things worse .trust me. if he is really really deep in2 drugs theres not much anyone can do unless he himself comes to his senses.he has to be reminded that its gonna take a long time to detox hes gna have 2 b patient and very strong willed.

the best of luck

fatima_01
05-14-2008, 10:35 PM
no u really dont want 2 take drugs ask people on drugs how misreable their lives really are u shud b thankfull for the life that u have :thumbs_up

AnonymousPoster
05-15-2008, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khairo
Asalaam u alaikum,
:w: bro

May be somehow you should advise the brothers who take drugs to attend this lecture, because brother mutah (who will be lecturing on the day comes from similar background, Alhomdolillah Allah has guided him and he left all for the sake of Allah.) may be his lecture will be a benefit for those who take drugs
we dunt live in ´da uk.. i wish cuz tht just sounds soo gud 'n really cud benefit insha Allaah.. can tht lecture be found somewhere in da net??

Souljette
05-16-2008, 08:03 PM
ye tht would b cool

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.