/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just some general advice...

AnonymousPoster
05-09-2008, 06:59 PM
assalamu alaikum

this might be a dumb question... but i just need to know as im still learning n stuff and im completely unsure about it...

Does washing powder ( for washing clothes ) have to be halal? :?
I only just found out that some brands contain animal fats :exhausted and this has just churned my stomach...

If yes... anyone know of any brands that are halal and what if i cant get any halal ( or even vegetarian??? ) washing powder?

Ok sorry if itz a dumb question but its really bugging me and i just need a clear answer.

thanks.

waalikum assalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-10-2008, 04:48 PM
:salamext:

Well its not like we're eating it...

Allaahu Aalim

AnonymousPoster
05-11-2008, 10:26 AM
:w::sl:
Jazaks sis for replying.

So basically... is it, as long as your not consuming a product its ok to use?

even if the washing powder or soap has pork fat in it?

What about other products that contain alcohol, like cleansin products/perumes/maykup etc

and then what about clothing i.e leather. can we use any leather by any dead animal or does it only apply to avoid pigs leather and it matters not in what method the animal died?

InshaAllah. please forgive me if these are stupid questions and i ask of people not to be rude in their answers or replies back, im just seeking general advice to put my mind at ease in the world i live in. I just want to be sure that what im doing is ok and not punishable

:sl::w:

------
05-12-2008, 08:52 AM
:salamext:

*BUMP someone help them

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Al Aqwa
05-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Wa Alaykum Salaam

May Allaah reward you anonymous, for seeking the halaal.

Its not a stupid question, it is actually quite important.

Abu Hurairah RA related, “Allah’s Messenger PBUH said: Verily Allah is pure and He accepts only what is pure and indeed Allah has given those orders to the believers, which he has given to the Messengers. He has said, “O Messenger, eat from the pure foods and work righteous”. He also has said: “O you who have believed, eat from the pure things which we have provided you.” Then (the Prophet PBUH) made mention of a man who undergoes a lengthy journey in a state that he is dishevelled and dusty. He spreads his hands towards the sky (calling), “O my lord, O my lord”, however his food is Haram, his drink is Haram, his clothes are Haram and he has been nourished with Haram! So how will his call be answered?” [Muslim]

- - - - - - - - - - - -

A small story:

Before his expedition to Marash, Khalid had a special bath. He had with him a certain substance prepared with an alcoholic mixture, which was supposed to have a soothing effect on the body when applied externally. Khalid rubbed his body with this substance and thoroughly enjoyed his bath, from which he emerged glowing and refreshed. Caliph Umar's spies reported this incident to him. A few weeks later he received a letter from the Caliph in which he was asked about this, as this substance contained alcohol, which is forbidden in Islam.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here, the caliph Umar Ibn Al Khattab (RA) dissaproved of the action of Khalid bin Al Waleed, where he bathed in alcohol. bin Al Waleed never consumed the the alcohol, and Umar didnt approve.

It is important to keep in a pure state, how can we face our lord Almighty, in Salaah, when our clothes have been mixed with impure ingredients and mixtures.

May Allaah increase the love of the halaal, and make abstaining from the Haraam easy for us.

And Allaah knows Best.

Wa Alaykum Salaam :)

forever.muslima
05-12-2008, 09:54 AM
intersting question

will ask a scholar and then get back to you soon insh

Snowflake
05-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Asalam alaikum wr wb,

MashaAllah it it good to be concerned about such matters. May Allah reward you. Ameen.

Pig fat is haram and we should avoid products that contain it. Fat from other animals is allowed if it meets the requirements of Tabdeele Mahaya (chemical change in composition of original material). This would be the case when used in detergents etc.

Alcohol is permitted in products applied externally since they are not digested. The alcohol used is Ethyl Alcohol, which is derived from petroleum-based materials or from material grains such as starch or other carbohydrates hence not from dates and grapes and Halaal to use.

Please note:
Vinegar made from wine is impermissable since the process from wine to vinegar does not remove all wine and therefore the requirements of Tabdeele Mahaya are not fully met. The Prophet (PBUH) said that anything that intoxicates in large quantities is also forbidden in smaller quantities.

I rang Procter & Gamble to ask if their washing powders (Bold & Daz) contain animal fats. Their reply was that they use vegetable/synthetic ingredients except when there is a shortage of supply. They could not confirm whether any pig ingredient was used and said they do not have that information. :rollseyes

Acdo soap powder (2 in 1) has been approved by the Vegetarian Society and is cheaper than other brands too!

http://www.vegsoc.org/press/pressarc...03/aprv44.html

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.