/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents preventing Daw'ah

WaAlaikum
05-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Dear Muslims,

I am not a happy muslim today. Here is why. A few days ago I watched a few documentaries by some of the major Sheiks in this world on Daw'ah. Most of them agree that, unless you are in a situation where your life is in danager, you as a muslim should preferably have a beard. So I go to work and I tell my boss about my religion and she says, "No problem. Bring a note from your masjid and I will let you wear your beard even though it is not directly part of our company dress code. No big deal". So I come home and I tell my parents and they start causing all types of fitna. My mother says, "What did you do that for? They will fire you. You should never tell people what your religion is and try to get them to come to your religion. And now you told them you want to wear a beard?? They will fire you for sure." Then my dad says, "I can't pay your bills and your school credit once you get fired. They will fire you for this".

So I try to get beard, parents say Don't do it, the kufar will attack you

I try to tell people about Islam, parents say Don't do it, the kufar will attack you

I try to come up with knowledge for giving Dawah, parents say Don't do it, the kufar will attack you

My parents do not fear Allah and they do not pray at all. Their God is the kufar because that is the only thing they fear. I am getting very upset and I am tired of dealing with them. I am starting to think this is all my fault because I did not get married and move out at an early age like a muslim should.

Any advice,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Thread Approved & Moved

Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

It seems that you in a tight situation here, may Allah SWT ease your affairs and guide your parents..Ameen.

:w:

crayon
05-12-2008, 06:49 PM
It seems your parents have more of a problem with the beard than your employer does.

Tell them that you asked your boss about it, and she said it was fine as long as you had a note that said a beard is required. Maybe they think you're going to start a strike and quit your job if you're not allowed to grow a beard.

Just be patient with your parents, and think of the sahaba that became muslim and called others to islam even when their parents told them not to, or were not muslim themselves. They didn't give up, and they went through a lot more than we do today.

WaAlaikum
05-12-2008, 09:56 PM
We are supposed to love our parents in Islam but boy oh boy they sure do not make it easy on us sometimes. Right now it is salat time and I am going to Salat. My parents are watching a TV comedy program made by the kufar. It shows a bunch of people violating just about every single rule of Islam you can possibly violate. And they think it is funny. May Allah help them and forgive me for my anger at them. La tugther - La tugther. That is the key

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 10:01 PM
:sl:

InshaAllah, yes brother be patient with them. Obey them as long as it doesn't go against Islam. But from what your saying, you don't need to obey them because they would make u go against Allah. InshaAllah make du'a for them and show them the beauty of Islam through your character :) May Allah Ta'ala ease your difficulties and guide your parents, InshaAllah, Ameen.

Cabdullahi
05-12-2008, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WaAlaikum
Dear Muslims,

I am not a happy muslim today. Here is why. A few days ago I watched a few documentaries by some of the major Sheiks in this world on Daw'ah. Most of them agree that, unless you are in a situation where your life is in danager, you as a muslim should preferably have a beard. So I go to work and I tell my boss about my religion and she says, "No problem. Bring a note from your masjid and I will let you wear your beard even though it is not directly part of our company dress code. No big deal". So I come home and I tell my parents and they start causing all types of fitna. My mother says, "What did you do that for? They will fire you. You should never tell people what your religion is and try to get them to come to your religion. And now you told them you want to wear a beard?? They will fire you for sure." Then my dad says, "I can't pay your bills and your school credit once you get fired. They will fire you for this".

So I try to get beard, parents say Don't do it, the kufar will attack you

I try to tell people about Islam, parents say Don't do it, the kufar will attack you

I try to come up with knowledge for giving Dawah, parents say Don't do it, the kufar will attack you

My parents do not fear Allah and they do not pray at all. Their God is the kufar because that is the only thing they fear. I am getting very upset and I am tired of dealing with them. I am starting to think this is all my fault because I did not get married and move out at an early age like a muslim should. Any advice,

Brother dont SAY this! they are your parents i suggest before giving dawah to anybody else start with your parents and explain yourself properly and try to bridge the gap between you and your parents

glo
05-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Can I ask where you live, that you (or your parents) have such fear of attacks by non-Muslims?

You are a grown man, and therefore are mature enough to make your own decisions.
Yes, you should respect your parents and listen to their advice carefully - but surely that doesn't mean that you cannot respectfully disagree with them.

However, if your father is worried about having to pay your bills in case you get fired from your job, why do you not take responsibility for those bills yourself?
You are old enough to make your own decisions ... but you are also old enough to deal with the consequences.

May Allah guide you in truth.

Salaam.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-16-2008, 10:29 AM
*confused*

ive had a full grown beard at work for 2 years now and havent gotten fired. Ive talked to nearly every single colleague at work about islaam and havent gotten fired (Alhamdulillaah).

Your parents are over-reacting. Start inviting your family towards islaam, keep a beard, and give dawah but start with your family. Change your home environment, make loud dhikr and recite Quran loudly. Question their actions to make them think for example ask them if they would play music in the masjid... if not why? just make them think !

bro be patient with your parents, remember abu hurayra, rememba saeed ibn abi waqqas subhanAllaah, even with disbelieving parents they remained so patient! take example bro!

Assalamu Alaikum, i hope things work out

glo
05-16-2008, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ive had a full grown beard at work for 2 years now and havent gotten fired. Ive talked to nearly every single colleague at work about islaam and havent gotten fired (Alhamdulillaah).
My husband has had a full beard for most of his adult life. He has never had any trouble with any of his employers because of it ...

Unless there are health and safety reasons (in which case you may need to wear some kind of covering), it would be discrimination to fire somebody on such grounds.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.