/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Mother

Muslim Woman
05-11-2008, 02:15 AM
:sl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qNx7ggPTLc

Paradise Is At the Feet of Mothers

A man once consulted the Prophet Muhammad about taking part in a military campaign.

The Prophet asked the man if his mother was still living. When told that she was alive, the Prophet said: "(Then) stay with her, for Paradise is at her feet." (Al-Tirmidhi)

On another occasion, the Prophet said: "God has forbidden for you to be undutiful to your mothers." (Sahih Al-Bukhari)

A man once asked the Prophet to whom he should show the most kindness. The Prophet replied: "Your mother, next your mother, next your mother, and then your father."

(Sunan of Abu-Dawood)

full article here

http://islam.about.com/od/elderly/a/mothers.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-12-2008, 08:10 AM

A Midwestern Muslim
Hesham A. Hassaballa

After God, mothers are the most important force in all of our lives.

There was a time in my life when I thought Mother's Day to be a holiday of the "infidels," not worthy of celebration by a Muslim. Time and wisdom have taught me otherwise.

Mother's Day is an American cultural practice that is wholly consistent with Islam's principles.

The Qur'an places kindness to the parents on par with proper worship of God: "Worship and serve God, do not associate any partners with Him, and do good to your parents..."(4:36).

The textual juxtaposition of worshipping God and honoring the parents is not coincidental. Maltreatment of parents is one of the most deadly sins in all of Islam.

Furthermore, God implores believers to extend the hand of mercy to their parents:

"Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.

And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: 'My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood'" (17:23-24).

full article here

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/145/story_14548_1.html

Muslim Woman
05-12-2008, 05:16 PM

Mother Song, by Sami Yusuf

http://www.islamonline.net/English/M...08/05/01.shtml

sorry , link is not working :(

Muslim Woman
05-12-2008, 05:27 PM

read article of our revert sis .

Paradise At Her Feet
By AElfwine Mischler

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1137939737306&ampssbinarytrue -

Today in the Muslim world, even where many of the precepts of Islam are ignored, Westerners are often amazed at the gentle, loving treatment that parents receive.

An Arab proverb says if you want to know how a man will treat his wife, look how he treats his mother.

...All this respect and honor goes to the mother, even if she is a non-Muslim, and also to maternal aunts. Thus the woman does not cut from her own family when she marries, but her children continue to honor the kin relationships of both their mother and father

full article here

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...am%2FDIELayout

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
05-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Aww mashallah
JAzakallah khair

this is why we thank our mothers on mothers day.
Thank u sis :D

WaSAlaam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 07:45 PM
MashaAllah, nice share. JazakAllah Khair. This is why we appreciate our mother everyday for everything.

Muslim Woman
05-13-2008, 05:44 PM

hopefully this link will work :)

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6612837547899108441

lyrics

Blessed is your face
Blessed is your name
My beloved

Blessed is your smile

Which makes my soul want to fly

My beloved
All the nights
And all the times
That you cared for me

But i never realised it

And now it’s too late
Forgive me
Now i’m alone filled with so much shame
For all the years i caused you pain
If only i could sleep in your arms again

Mother i’m lost without you
You were the sun that brightened my day

Now who’s going to wipe my tears away
If only i knew what i know today
Mother i’m lost without you

Ummahu, ummahu, ya ummi
Wa shawqahu ila luqyaki ya ummi

Ummuka, ummuka, ummuka ummuka
Qawlu rasulika
Fi qalbi, fi hulumi
Anti ma’i ya ummi

Mother... mother... o my mother
How i long to see o mother
“your mother, your mother, your mother”

Is the saying of your prophet
In my heart, in my dreams
You are always with me mother
Ruhti wa taraktini
Ya nura ‘aynayya

Ya unsa layli
Ruhti wa taraktini
Man siwaki yahdhununi

Man siwaki yasturuni
Man siwaki yahrusuni
‘afwaki ummi
Samihini...
You went and left me
O light of my eyes

O comfort of my nights
You went and left me

Who, other than you, will embrace me?
Who, other than you, will cover me?

Who, other than you, will guard over me?
Your pardon mother, forgive me

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 06:17 PM
^ aww i luv that song mashallah its soo beautiful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.