truemuslim
05-12-2008, 01:39 AM
:sl:

:D

Its mothers day...TODAY

NOOOO dont say it haram plz

Thank u

Ok
Can someone plzzz translate the "My mums amazing" (the song...) into arabic. i can do it but i dunt want any crappy translations. Jazakallah khair--wait...

PLzzz

k...now jazakallah khair :)

WaSalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pen Marks
05-12-2008, 01:45 AM
how bout i love my mom because she is amazing: Uhibu Umi li'annaha mudhishah/mumayizah?

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 01:46 AM
LOool oops i meant the song...loooll btw jazakallah khair

Pen Marks
05-12-2008, 01:47 AM
the whole thing?! :eek:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Is it though :p I wana know xD I was wondering that today.

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 01:49 AM
^????

r u asking is it haram??

if so

STOP IT PPL!!!

if not

Translate plzz coz i sometimes cant undastand wut ppl say... :-[

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Lol, ok chill sis :( Ill back off.

Pen Marks
05-12-2008, 01:53 AM
do u have the link for the nasheed? Its not on my computer anymore…I’m gona be testing my no good Arabic though

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 01:54 AM
^ hehehehe lool
here it is : http://youtube.com/watch?v=0OKndnaiFzo

its sooo beautiful ...makes u cry ....ok not really..but it does make ur heart feel like crying ...subahallah...:)
Jazakallah khair

@ Jazzy: loool ...after i get the translation isnahllah then we can debate bout it...coz then i dunt have to risk a thread closed... :D

Pen Marks
05-12-2008, 01:56 AM
wen do u need this?

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 02:06 AM
netime :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Nah it's cool sis. Dont wana derail your thread...and I dont want to debate you about it. I'll just find out.

Pen Marks
05-12-2008, 02:07 AM
ok then i'll work on it inshallah
BTW anyone else wants to do this they're more den welcome lol :D

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 02:08 AM
^ lol yeh :D
That way its shorter fo each person :D

------
05-12-2008, 07:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
^????

r u asking is it haram??

if so

STOP IT PPL!!!

if not

Translate plzz coz i sometimes cant undastand wut ppl say... :-[
:salamext:

Why telling us to stop it when you know its haraam in the first place? Don't over exaggerate in your posts and stay to the point of the thread.

SouLda_Gal
05-12-2008, 03:45 PM
loooooooooolz

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-12-2008, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Is it though :p I wana know xD I was wondering that today.
Can we celebrate "Mother's Day"?

Shaykh Muhamamd ibn Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about celebrating Mother’s Day and he replied:

All celebrations which differ from the Eids prescribed in Islam are innovated festivals which were not known at the time of the righteous salaf, and may also have come from the non-Muslims, in which case as well as being an innovation (bid’ah) they are also an imitation of the enemies of Allaah.

The festivals which are prescribed in Islam are well known to the Muslims: they are Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, and the weekly “Eid” of Jumu’ah. There is no other festival in Islam apart from these three.

All the festivals that have been invented apart from these are to be rejected because they are innovations and are false according to the laws of Allaah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours that is not part of it will have it rejected,” i.e., it will be thrown back at him and will not be accepted by Allaah. According to another version: “Whoever does any deed that is not part of this matter of ours will have it rejected.”

Once this is clear, then it is not permissible to show any of the signs of festivity on the celebration mentioned in the question, namely Mother’s Day. It is not permissible to show joy and happiness, or to offer gifts, and so on.

The Muslim should feel proud of his religion and adhere to the limits set by Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in this religion, which Allaah has chosen for His slaves, and he should not add anything or take anything away. What the Muslim should also do is to not to follow every new idea that comes along, rather his character should be in accordance with the sharee’ah of Allaah so that he will be a leader and example, not a follower, because the sharee’ah of Allaah – praise be to Allaah – is complete in all ways as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion”

[al-Maa'idah 5:3]

A mother’s right is greater than having just one day in the year to be honoured, rather the mother’s right over her children is that they should take care of her and obey her, so long as it does not involve disobedience towards Allaah, at all times and in all places.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 2/301

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 04:02 PM

JazakAllah Khair sister :) I just needed proof to show someone.

A mother’s right is greater than having just one day in the year to be honoured, rather the mother’s right over her children is that they should take care of her and obey her, so long as it does not involve disobedience towards Allaah, at all times and in all places.
^^Wow that's similar to what I was telling my mom lol.

:w:

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Juss so u kno mothers day cant be haram. all it is is giving ur mom respect that she deserves and thank her for it on this special day more than u already do. dont think its a biigass party wit beer and music and friends. its not a festival. not a party. not a celebration...just a thanks.
god wuts up...
nevermind...
Jazakalalh khair
WaSalaam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 05:46 PM

Since when was it a crime to ask sis? I dont see why it's necessary to do something our Prophet(saw) or his companions never did...
I asked if it was allowed or not. I think I'm entitled to ask and recieve an answer.

:w:

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 05:50 PM
^ ok sis
well the prophet didnt celebrate (celebrate= respect for this ...) mothers day coz 1. he was an orphan and 2. THYE DIDNT INVENT IT YET!!

wut bout cars? eh?
rasulallah said we should ride camels, time passes. camels are converted to convertibles, and now we ride cars. oh...or are u gonna claim that haram too?

sorry but cops here got temmpers so i dunt fink dey gna be okey wit camels in da streets... :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 05:55 PM
THYE DIDNT INVENT IT YET!!
What? There's no such thing as inventing festivals or holidays in Islam. Thats called bid'ah. And sorry if you thought I didnt know the Rasool(saw) was an orphan (sarcasm).

rasulallah said we should ride camels, time passes. camels are converted to convertibles, and now we ride cars. oh...or are u gonna claim that haram too?
Excuse me? That has nothing to do with holidays or festivals. Camels were a use of transportation and so are vehicles. And as for expensive cars...those are useless if you buy a car because it has such and such speed or style. It's excessive. I would appreciate it if you didnt make assumptions sister. That wasnt even as close to what i was thinking.
I will no longer discuss this with you because you are somewhat behaving rudely and I dont wish to do that with a sister in Islam....

Sooo later'sz...

'Abd-al Latif
05-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Juss so u kno mothers day cant be haram. all it is is giving ur mom respect that she deserves and thank her for it on this special day more than u already do. dont think its a biigass party wit beer and music and friends. its not a festival. not a party. not a celebration...just a thanks.
god wuts up...
nevermind...
Jazakalalh khair
WaSalaam
The Prophet (saws) said: "Whoever imitates a people is one of them."

Islam only has two celebrations and they are the two 'eids. People shouldn't take one day out of 365 days to show appriceation to their mothers. Rather, the muslim shows kindness and love everyday of the year.

Don't imitate the misguided. This is their celebration and we are commanded to be different from them. Muslims should feel no need to imitate them in such ways, when Allah has commanded us to honour our mothers and has forbidden us to disobey them, and has made the reward for that (for obeying them) the highest status.

"Worship Allah and join none with Him (in worship); and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, Al-Masaakeen (the poor), the neighbour who is near of kin, the neighbour who is a stranger, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and those (slaves) whom your right hands possess. Verily, Allah does not like such as are proud and boastful"
[al-Nisa’ 4:36]

And Allah says:

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour"
[al-Isra’ 17:23]

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (r.a) said: "A man came to the Messenger of Allaah (saaws) and said: 'O Messenger of Allaah, who among the people is most deserving of my good company?' He said, 'Your mother.' He asked, 'Then who?' He said, 'Your mother.' He asked, 'Then who?' He said, 'Your mother.' He asked, 'Then who?' He said, 'Then your father.'"

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5626; Muslim, 2548)

Islam commands one to do much better then those people who are disobdient to their parents throughout the year and take mothers day and fathers day as an excuse to be kind to them for once. So ignore this misguidence, because your duty is to her is everyday of the year.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 06:01 PM
^^ Yea that basically sums it up InshaAllah...

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 06:07 PM
*sigh*

oh im so sorry everybody that i dont thank my mom for everything she has done for me and that i made biiig duas for her (and all of u :mmokay:)
my wrong
:exhausted

*sigh*

Mu'minah421, just send me when ur done in PM plz. Jazakallah khair sis :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 06:13 PM
No one is saying anything against you, but rather you seem to have a had problem because I asked. I don't understand why, but I will just let it slide. End of story.

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 06:14 PM
yehh....ok

first of all...Is there anything wrong with giving ur mom a beautiful poem to show her how much u care even tho u didnt write it???????? I fink NOT....wut do u tink?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Sister, please for love of Allah. If you dont want to listen, its up to you. I wanted to know, thats ALL. Someone else can answer you.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-12-2008, 06:35 PM
yehh....ok

first of all...Is there anything wrong with giving ur mom a beautiful poem to show her how much u care even tho u didnt write it???????? I fink NOT....wut do u tink?

Why give your mother a poem on this day especially? You can do that on any day. If you want to appreciate your mother, than obey her when she oders you with something permissible, and show kindness towards her at all times.

By the way, earlier you said the Messenger of Allaah salAllaahu 'alayhi wa Sallam told us to ride camels. This is not true, and if it is, then please bring the hadeeth.

And as 'Ali radhiyAllaahu 'anhu stated;

"If religion was based on the intellect, then the bottom of the leather sock would be more deserving to be wiped than the top."
[Reported by Aboo Dawood (162), Shaykh al-Albaanee declared this narration authentic in al-Irwaa (103).

Meaning, the religion is based upon that which is reported in the Qur'aan and Sunnah, not on the rationality or intellect of Mankind. So although this seems harmless to you ukhtee, the Prophet salAllaahu 'alayhi wa Sallam clearly said that there are only two celebrations in Islaam, and they are the two Eids. So taking part in this innovated celebration in any way is not only an innovation, it is also a form of immitating the disbelievers. And Allaah knows best.

Asper
05-12-2008, 06:40 PM
yehh....ok

There is certainly nothing wrong with making dua'a for your mama, or me, or anyone. Jazakallah for doing so.

But your choice in not only giving the day (or your beloved mama) an specific interest when it does not warrant it (the day that is. your mama deserves praise for how she has raised you every as you and I both know :) ), but as well as trying to avoid and conceal the truth in the forbidding of acknowledging the day. That is what the issue was.

------
05-12-2008, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah

Why give your mother a poem on this day especially? You can do that on any day. If you want to appreciate your mother, than obey her when she oders you with something permissible, and show kindness towards her at all times.

By the way, earlier you said the Messenger of Allaah salAllaahu 'alayhi wa Sallam told us to ride camels. This is not true, and if it is, then please bring the hadeeth.

And as 'Ali radhiyAllaahu 'anhu stated;

"If religion was based on the intellect, then the bottom of the leather sock would be more deserving to be wiped than the top."
[Reported by Aboo Dawood (162), Shaykh al-Albaanee declared this narration authentic in al-Irwaa (103).

Meaning, the religion is based upon that which is reported in the Qur'aan and Sunnah, not on the rationality or intellect of Mankind. So although this seems harmless to you ukhtee, the Prophet salAllaahu 'alayhi wa Sallam clearly said that there are only two celebrations in Islaam, and they are the two Eids. So taking part in this innovated celebration in any way is not only an innovation, it is also a form of immitating the disbelievers. And Allaah knows best.

Agreed.

Now someone please CLOSE this thread

:threadclo

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I kno u supposed to respect her everyday all the time...
BUT what harm would it do if u do extra care, respect, and give her a nice gift on this one day??

------
05-12-2008, 07:03 PM

Because ur following the way of thE KAAFIR!!! The KAAFIR will be in the hell fire!!

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
God u so obsessed with closing thread :raging:

FINE
close it.
i dunt care
all i wanted was an arabic translation for that nasheed!!
Mu'minah421 if u didnt see my other post coz its been flooded back there with all the other posts then i say again. when u done plz PM me . And Jazakallah khair sis mu'minah421 :)

InToTheRain
05-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullah,

Our guidance is perfect and nothing should be added to it and subtracted from it. It is not this Mothers day that has taught me to love and respect my Mother but the Qur'an and Sunnah. You can give your mother the poetry card and it's good to give presents from time to time, just don't do it on mothers day. The Du3 is far better and seriously, if you need a card or poetry to make your mother happy or feel special then their is something wrong with the relationship, I think the Hug should be abused or maybe a foot message or something.

You are commanded by Islam to love and obey your parants always especially the Mother and by celebrating Mothers day it's like your admitting that your can treat your Mother better in some ways and that Islam doesn't teach you these values.

Besides we only celebrate the 2 Eids, no bdays, Mday, Dday etc and any other niche ideas which can earn you a quick buck if your in the retail industry.

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -

Because ur following the way of thE KAAFIR!!! The KAAFIR will be in the hell fire!!

Oh ok
So since kaafirs respect there mums then i shudnt, i should be like my brothes and go cuss at her then leave, i shud be like my brothers friends and do bad things, since kaafirs live, i wont live....since kaafirs have faith then i wont have faith :X oops

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh ok
So since kaafirs respect there mums then i shudnt, i should be like my brothes and go cuss at her then leave, i shud be like my brothers friends and do bad things, since kaafirs live, i wont live....since kaafirs have faith then i wont have faith :X oops
Sister, you do realise it's kufr to make istihzaa' (mockery) of the deen? The Prophet salAllaahu 'alayhi wa Sallam said; 'Whoever immitates a people, he is one of them.'

No, having respect for your mother is an obligation. It is part of Islaam. However, copying the Kuffaar in that which is not a part of our deen is not permissible.

And Kuffaar do have faith, just not in Islaam (or all of it, atleast). So your last sentance is really unbelievable. A'oodhubillaah, sister please repent from that statement. This deen is not a joke.

But if you are determined upon that which you believe, there's no point in continuing with this conversation.

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
U fink am mocking our deen?!?!?!
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Before i type something i regret ima leave right now
Okey?
Ok
WaSalaam

------
05-12-2008, 07:21 PM

Cya.

'Abd-al Latif
05-12-2008, 08:36 PM

Sisters please calm down. The Prophet (saaws) said not to argue, even if you are right. Guidence is up to Allah and she will be accountable for what she says or does but keep each other safe from your hands and from your tongues.

People will not accept or benefit from your knowledge if you don't have good manners.

w/salam

S_87
05-12-2008, 08:43 PM
in uk mothers day is part of a christian celebration

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 11:21 PM
im not even mad. god.
if i was i would use the raging smiley TWICE...anyway i give up wit u people. this always happens, so im not goin ther again.

islamirama
05-12-2008, 11:46 PM
im not even mad. god.
if i was i would use the raging smiley TWICE...anyway i give up wit u people. this always happens, so im not goin ther again.

We don't need mother's day or father's day or birthday or any other such "special" days. These kuffars have 1 day in year as a special day, how sad and a pathetic is that. For us Muslims, everyday is Mother's day, everyday is Father's day, and everyday is a birthday cuz your still breathing :D

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama

We don't need mother's day or father's day or birthday or any other such "special" days. These kuffars have 1 day in year as a special day, how sad and a pathetic is that. For us Muslims, everyday is Mother's day, everyday is Father's day, and everyday is a birthday cuz your still breathing :D
I kno i kno i knoo

But would it like KILL and make me go to hell if i give her a gift er somthin??? like juss coz it HAPPENS to be on this day which kuffarz HAPPEN to celebrate, does it mean im really celebrate? eh?
naah...

oh speakin of which i IM 15 (actually in three hours i am)!! yayyy....:X

BlissfullyJaded
05-13-2008, 01:40 AM

But sis...it wouldn't really be a coincidence that you give your mother a gift and it's Mothers day. If that were to happen though, where you go out and just randomly buy her a special gift or just do something extra nice, and you didn't realize it was Mothers day, that wouldn't matter cuz you're simply doing it out of true love and not because of a day that was set aside. Wouldn't it be more special if you were to do something sweet on just a random day where she totally wouldn't expect it anyway?

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 01:47 AM
^ I DO!
I do do that!
lyk wuts wrong wit dis day anyway???
Just coz kuffars buy them mums a gift on this day doesnt mean we arent allowed...dos it....?...hm. anyway
juss so yall kno its :
Mothers day - ANOTHER day that u give ur mum a gift and all a liil bit MORE than the other dayz...
NOT
Mothers Day- A day u go drinkin n clubbin wit loud music playin den steal cars and run away from cops...

Ok?
kool
WaSalaam

BlissfullyJaded
05-13-2008, 01:57 AM

No, that's not the point at all. The point is that they single out a day, and we don't. Nor do we follow what they do on that day. Therefore, when they go out of their way to celebrate their mothers/grandmothers/wifes, etc, we don't follow suit. Mothers day is not an everyday celebration, it's on whatever Sunday of the month for them. By your logic though of what Mothers day is, I agree... :D

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 02:07 AM
lol
Ok.
Listen...
Its a day....a random day on a random sunday on a random month of every year...ok? ...and ON this day...u thank ur mother EXTRAA...do u actually go everyday and buy cards and gifts for her? um...no? yes? noo.

wow...my brother said we cant debate on this topic.........................i gotta show him this!! Lol

islamirama
05-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Mother’s Day – an historical overview and the scholars’ rulings on this holiday
Praise be to Allaah and blessings and peace be upon the Messenger of Allaah.
Introduction:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that his ummah would follow the previous nations, the Jews, Christians and Persians, but this was undoubtedly not praise for their actions, rather it is by way of condemnation and a warning. It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will certainly follow the ways of those who came before you, handspan by handspan, cubit by cubit, until even if they entered the hole of a lizard, you will do so too.” We asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?” He said, “Who else?” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3269; Muslim, 2669).

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until my ummah follows in the footsteps of those who came before it, handspan by handspan, cubit by cubit.” It was asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, like the Persians and Romans?” He said, “Those are the people?”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6888)

The ignorant among this ummah, and the innovators and heretics have followed the previous nations, the Jews, Christians and Persians, in their beliefs, ways, manners and dress. Our concern here is to point out in these days their following and imitation of them through the innovation of “Mother’s Day” or “Family Day”, which is a day that the Christians innovated to honour mothers, or so they claim. This then became a day that was venerated, when government departments would be shut and people would get in touch with their mothers or send them gifts and loving messages. But when the day was over, things would go back to the way they were, with people being cut off from their mothers and disobeying them.

What is strange is that the Muslims would feel a need to imitate them in such ways, when Allaah has commanded them to honour their mothers and has forbidden them to disobey them, and has made the reward for that (for obeying them) the highest status.
Definition of the word ‘Eid

[as Mother’s Day is known in Arabic as “Eid al-umm” or “mothers’ festival”; the word Eid is derive from the root ‘aada/ya’ood meaning to come back or return]
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

“ ‘Eid (festival) is a name that is given to an occasion which returns, when people gather in a festive manner, whether that is annual or weekly or monthly and so on.”
(Iqtidaa’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, 1/441).

Ibn ‘Aabideen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “ An ‘Eid is so called because Allaah repeatedly bestows blessings, i.e., kinds of blessings that come back to His slaves on these days, such as breaking the fast after refraining from eating, sadaqat al-fitr (obligatory charity paid at the end of Ramadaan), completing the Hajj by doing Tawaaf al-Ziyaarah, the sacrificial meats, and so on; and because the tradition on such occasions is to express joy and happiness, and to be energetic and happy.”
(Haashiyat Ibn ‘Aabideen, 2/165)
How many festivals are there in Islam?

Full article @ http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?pg=...&article_id=93

arabianprincess
05-13-2008, 05:06 AM
well im againsttttttttttttt it .. honestly i believe the idea behind it is just lame... like to remember ur mother that day n be good to her... buy her gifts.. we muslims should take care of our mother every day not only that but be good to them forever n we dont need a special day to tell her that... how sad ... total waste of time.. peace

BlissfullyJaded
05-13-2008, 05:30 AM

I know fully what it is, and I still think it's pointless. Sorry, but it just is. And my mother agrees. So no I don't get her cards...actually, I won't buy her cards ever, unless I'm sending home a postcard, cuz otherwise she'll get mad at me for wasting money. She'd rather I unload the dishwasher or somethin. :P And if I ever become a mother, I know would way prefer random times for my kids to do special stuff...that's a lot more of a cheer upper than to wait for a specific day out of the year and throw a hissy fit cuz I didn't get anything, or cuz I got stuff that's worthless. You can single out a day, just not the day they do it, cuz for them it's not just a random Sunday of a random month. It's always the second Sunday of May.

Ahhh, now I'm done here once and for all. :P

------
05-13-2008, 07:52 AM

Question has been answered. No use debating further. Endless proofs have been given.

:threadclo

Umar001
05-13-2008, 08:27 AM
SubhanAllah.

Sometimes you want to correct a person, you would want to tell them something because they are you brother but you are too worried about how they would react, because you feel they will just scream shout and so forth.

Evidence has been giveen in this thread, I don't know what more someone needs. I start with something which I percieve as harmless and move further away.

Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!