PDA

View Full Version : Lowerin da Gaze

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 03:29 AM
:sl:

as u mite kno.................

ook mayb not

well as u NOW kno....

I learned tons of haram things from this foru--- what???!!! loool that didnt come out right!

I MEANNT ...i learned what are haram things....more than i knew before...so i know more baout haram things....

NOT how to do them or nothing...i learned that they r haram.........did that make sense now?

LIKE how music is haram....lowering the gaze....etc etc..

WELLL>......NOW i hava question bout the lowerin gaze....

WHO do u lower the gaze from?
by that i dont mean gimme this asa reply

Question: BY: Salma Salm Assalamu alaikum,
Who do we lower the gaze from?

Answer: Shiekh Muhammed something:
Your question is bla bla bla bla bla *wastes space to make it look like a biiig answer* and rasulallah said ________and )______ and _______
so u lower ur gaze from non mahrams, u can look at uncles , dads, brothers,and other mahrams...
I mean...
Who...like i kno who...but who like....*sigh*...even if its easy to explain i cant explain it!! ......nevermind i fink its coz my brother is calling from his cellphone ...even tho he is juss down the stairs...telling me to make him food :exhausted...

wait....

*sigh* :exhausted:exhausted!!!

Finally
Ok
now i can think
Ok i mean like wut bout people at stores...like the cash register... i mean its like :

Ok time to go to the register to pay for all dis stuff!
*walks to register not looking at anything but ur fabulous new skateboarding shoes which are beautifully pink and white and SHIIINY*
not noticing the cash register dude is really a guy who has a black bandana on his mouth and head and has a leather jacket and bigg ak47 on his back ....wait... no...that doesnt even look right.... lets do this...
Not noticing the cash register dude is really some guy wita messy sick face and hair and a ak 47 on his back and blood on his hands...:D

so?

and wut bout on tv...wut if its a shiekh er somthing... like shiekh salim something?
u kno
?
stuff like dat. its like...
Hello I wold like to ask you about this really important car insurance but im too busy gazing at my shoes...
Ok sir wut ur name?
My name is Something Someone
Ok...look me in da eye now coz u look like u juss stole something
No im just lookin at my shoes..

Cmon seriously someone??
PLz tell me
JAzakallah khair

WaSalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-12-2008, 07:46 AM
:salamext:

This should explain everything sis :)

Brothers and sisters these lectures are absolutely a brilliant Imaan booster and an Eye Opener. Even though they may be a bit long, please try to listen to them Inshaa Allaah as Brother Sheikh Feiz Muhammad is very clear in explaining the Islamic aspects in the lectures.
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...aze-wiked.html

gladTidings
05-12-2008, 07:51 AM
^Lol actually I found this one quite funny! But yes sis your post could probably be reduced by atleast a third : P.

Your question is quite a valid one actually. Although we may be lowering our gaze going about our everyday life, in some of our professions we are required to maintain eye contact with customers/patients. How do we tackle this one?

------
05-12-2008, 07:53 AM

And yeh as bro Alpha Dude said, your post was quite rude.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
05-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Looool I had to read your post ten times to understand it a little :D
but youre right its a thing we have to deal with it everyday

SouLda_Gal
05-12-2008, 03:36 PM
huh... i dnt see the point off posting all the extra bits.. quite anoying.. cud av deleted the extra ''bla bla bla'' :p lol.. buh nevamind :) lol

wel yeh good question thou
peace

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 05:04 PM
its coz its like impossible explaining something to u people without u guys going and jumpin on me and deleting the freakin thread coz u read it wrong and all u people gettin tempers and make me say somehting i regret like wut i was about to post here but i didnt!

ima read that sis broken right now. jazakallah khair
WaSalaam

barney
05-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I got it first time...but I must play too many online games where they use textspeaK and talk in gibberish! :D (joke)

You want to know wether or not your supposed to lower your gaze from evry non-marham or if you can look at the till guy at Tescos as he asks if you want cashback?

Snowflake
05-12-2008, 05:19 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Sometimes, I think people make Islam harder for themselves. It's common sense to know that we have to look at someone when approaching or being approached - unless you like walking into people or lamposts then by all means keep your gaze permanently lowered. Lowering the gaze means observing haya and not staring/ogling and making unnecessary or prolonged eye contact which can be mistaken for showing interest in the person. And yes you are allowed to look at people when dealing with them in impersonal and formal situations.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
I got it first time...but I must play too many online games where they use textspeaK and talk in gibberish! :D (joke)

You want to know wether or not your supposed to lower your gaze from evry non-marham or if you can look at the till guy at Tescos as he asks if you want cashback?
loool
yeh thats my question....

and heres my answer....

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Sometimes, I think people make Islam harder for themselves. It's common sense to know that we have to look at someone when approaching or being approached - unless you like walking into people or lamposts then by all means keep your gaze permanently lowered. Lowering the gaze means not to stare/ogle and make unnecessary or prolonged eye contact which can be mistaken for showing interest in the person. And yes you are allowed to look at people when dealing with them in impersonal and formal situations.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

JAzakallah khair sis :)
dats all
at least ssssssomeone understands without gettin a temper :D

truemuslim
05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
i kno but its hard to explain anything to u people so i gotta show examples and all dat so u guys can understand...unlike some of my other threads which u guys didnt understand so it ended up closed or deleted :rolleyes:

btw no not u lol :)
Jazakallah khair
WaSalaam

SouLda_Gal
05-13-2008, 10:50 AM
mannn i think it aint ryt to keep on saying that its hard 2 explain sumfin 2 ''yu people''...''yu guys''......
im sure evry1 understood but its just the extra bit you had n there was no point of it.. n sum peepz found it anoyin etc...thats all lol at the end of da day evryones gt da ryt 2 say how dey feel towards sumfin.. e.g. i think this threda whould be closed lol joke :P

i guess im getin bord slaaamz

Malaikah
05-13-2008, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Sometimes, I think people make Islam harder for themselves. It's common sense to know that we have to look at someone when approaching or being approached - unless you like walking into people or lamposts then by all means keep your gaze permanently lowered. Lowering the gaze means observing haya and not staring/ogling and making unnecessary or prolonged eye contact which can be mistaken for showing interest in the person. And yes you are allowed to look at people when dealing with them in impersonal and formal situations.
:sl:

Just to add to what the sisters has said here, you also have to lower your gaze if you feel any kind of attraction to the person. AND if the person is showing a part of their body that is haram for you to look at (such as a mans legs above the knees).

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 03:49 PM
^ Ok now its clear
Jazakallah khair sis....sisters :D lol
WaSalaam

barney
05-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Hmm. Seaside Beaches in Kuffar countries are pretty much no-go areas yep?

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 07:33 PM

lol

who said beaches?

------
05-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Yes. Well done. 10/10!!

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 07:38 PM
WAit whos talkin bout beaches????

------
05-13-2008, 07:40 PM

barney just asked a question.

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
why wud he say that seaside beaches are not good then ask if he is correct on a random thread??

barney
05-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Kuffar Beaches are stuffed with Bikini wearing babes and musclebound hunks (apparently), so I was thinking, if you had to lower your gaze there, you would be pretty much staring at the sand all the time.
I cant recollect seeing a muslimah on a beach and deducted that they are to be avoided?

------
05-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Kuffar Beaches are stuffed with Bikini wearing babes and musclebound hunks (apparently), so I was thinking, if you had to lower your gaze there, you would be pretty much staring at the sand all the time.
I cant recollect seeing a muslimah on a beach and deducted that they are to be avoided?
Pretty much yeh.

barney
05-13-2008, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -
Pretty much yeh.
Kay, Cheerz :)

Actually, that applies for Muslim men as well yeah?

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Oooh ok that explains more..Jazakallah khair barney
lol btw
WaSalaam

------
05-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Kay, Cheerz :)

Actually, that applies for Muslim men as well yeah?

aadil77
05-13-2008, 08:23 PM
yep, same for non- kuffar beaches, like in dubai I was looking forward to going to jumeira beach but saw that its the same as any other beach: full of half naked woman etc.

So no exception whether 'kuffar' or non 'kuffar'

arabianprincess
05-14-2008, 02:53 AM
hmmmmmmmmm ... just write ur point next time n stay away from things that distract you.................. u dont need to write those rite... anyways i guess ppl have answered ur Q... well SALAMZ:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.