/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reverting and Witnesses

Simply_Logical
05-12-2008, 08:59 PM
salaams peeps,
been giving dawah to a friend (lady at work),
she wants to revert,
and inshallah i hope she does become a muslim.
She posed a question to me,
and i don't know the answer,
she asked if she needs witnesses when she
recites the shahada (testimony)?

so peeps,
does she or doesnt she? lol :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Thread Approved

:w:

------
05-13-2008, 10:03 AM
:salamext:

Yeh she does. At least 2, if I am not mistaken ?

Umu 'Isa
05-13-2008, 10:06 AM
:sl:
It is not essential for one to declare one’s Islam before witnesses in order for it to be valid

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
05-13-2008, 10:11 AM
:salamext:

Coming to the point of making Shahadah in public, we’d like to draw your attention to the fact that Islam trains Muslims that pubic and secret deeds are known to Allah. Therefore, making Shahadah in presence of witnesses is not an essential condition, though it’s preferable to put the official arrangements in order. Islam, as a matter of fact, lays more emphasis on conviction on the part of the person who embraces Islam. This is what really matters, as there should be no compulsion in religion.
. . . Source . . .

Muslim Woman
05-13-2008, 05:03 PM
:w:

format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
salaams peeps,

she asked if she needs witnesses when she
recites the shahada (testimony)?
To my knowledge , if she officially wants to be recognised as a Muslim , then she needs witnesses. Otherwise just to accept Islam , she does not need to utter the shahada in front of anyone .

Simply_Logical
05-20-2008, 09:11 PM
thanks for the help,
jazakallah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.