/* */

PDA

View Full Version : China Bans The Bible Not The Quran Why

Dr.Trax
05-12-2008, 10:58 PM
:sl:

The Bible among objects prohibited at the 2008 Beijing Olympics

Beijing, Nov 2, 2007 / 02:18 pm (CNA).- Organizes of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing have published a list of "prohibited objects" in the Olympic village where athletes will stay. To the surprise of many, Bibles are among the objects that will not be allowed.

According to the Italian daily La Gazzetta dello Sport, organizers have cited "security reasons" and have prohibited athletes from bearing any kind of religious symbol at Olympic facilities.

Media Tags are no longer supported

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
05-12-2008, 11:13 PM
interesting...i just finished watching this channel...lol...not this same topic tho. jus the casual boring stuff

anyway
So they call islam violence then know violence is gonna come from the bible....hmm...this world is hilarius how people jsut FLIP like dat...:rolleyes:

north_malaysian
05-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Islam is regarded as traditional religions of China. If you see China's flag, one of the small yellow stars represents Muslim community.

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Islam is regarded as traditional religions of China. If you see China's flag, one of the small yellow stars represents Muslim community.
Really? oh i didnt kno that, jazakallah khair :) (no im not bein sarcastic lol i kno it sounds like it but im not. lol)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dr.Trax
05-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Neither I.
Thank you brother...:thumbs_up

Tania
05-13-2008, 08:05 AM
They are different from ex-other communist countries. They should promote no religion.

Dr.Trax
05-13-2008, 08:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
They are different from ex-other communist countries. They should promote no religion.
Tania I don't understand you now..
Can you explain this better!?
Thanks....

crayon
05-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Are you sure?
"The symbolism of the large golden star is said to represent the leadership of the Communist Party of China, while the four smaller stars are believed to represent the four classes of people in China (as categorized by Mao Zedong): workers, peasants, petty bourgeoisie, and patriotic capitalists. The colors represented, red and gold, also are symbolic in meaning. Red is a color commonly associated with communism and gold is said to symbolize the yellow race of the Chinese nation."
link

Religious symbols and texts were banned at first so no propagation of religion could occur, because "The Chinese government views religion as a threat to its power." I did a bit of googling, and apparently, the official Olympics website changed it to "“Each traveller is recommended to take no more than one Bible into China.". So basically if you want it for personal use, it's okay, but if you're bringing several so you can call people to your religion, then it's not allowed. http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=10915

Whatsthepoint
05-13-2008, 05:51 PM
It says the use of all religious symbols and object will be limited so I don't think the Quran will be extempt from this rule, it's just that the news have focused on the Bible. It's wrong to ban religious symbols as it is, but to ban religious symbols pertaining only to a certain religion is wrong on a whole new level.

As for the "why" in the title.. If what the title suggests is true, I'd expect the reasons have nothing to do with books in question but rather with politics, diplomacy etc. China doesn't seeem to have problems with muslim nations, at least not to an extent it has with the christian world. It has no diplomatic relations with the Vatican city due to its support for Taiwan. And as North Malaysian pointed out, China is a home to various muslim minorities, I should guess some are separatist who coul see a ban on the Quran as a further reason to continue their struggle for independce..

Tania
05-14-2008, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dr.Trax
Tania I don't understand you now..
Can you explain this better!?
Thanks....
In communist countries the power belong to the party and the president. Thats mean in schoolS the children should not learn anything about religion. or religions. They should learn marx and engels theories :-[

Dr.Trax
05-14-2008, 02:23 PM
In communist countries the power belong to the party and the president. Thats mean in schoolS the children should not learn anything about religion. or religions. They should learn marx and engels theories :-[
Really?I didin't knew this....Thanks for this.:thumbs_up
I was debatin with one muslim brother about communism,and he said that it was better the time of the communism,than this time of capitalism.
He said in comunism All People Were Equal.There was for everyone food!No one was hungry!
But I didn't belived him.

Tania
05-15-2008, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dr.Trax
Really?I didin't knew this....Thanks for this.:thumbs_up

He said in comunism All People Were Equal. :bravo:
But I didn't belived him.
Welcome. There is no God, there is the president and the party which ensure you everything what you need to can live. Everyone has a job, a place to stay and so on. Moving from one town to other its strictly forbidden. You can do it only if you marry with someone from that town. Only the party could move people, after the party policy. Its an entire policy and has nothing to do with the thread :-[

There was for everyone food!No one was hungry!
Yeah, thats true but everyone had little food and my free time went at different shopping tails. :rollseyes

Dr.Trax
05-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Welcome. There is no God, there is the president and the party which ensure you everything what you need to can live. Everyone has a job, a place to stay and so on. Moving from one town to other its strictly forbidden. You can do it only if you marry with someone from that town. Only the party could move people, after the party policy. Its an entire policy and has nothing to do with the thread :-[

There was for everyone food!No one was hungry!
Yeah, thats true but everyone had little food and my free time went at different shopping tails. :rollseyes
Thank you Tania!
Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.