/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you're joining college or 6th form in the UK, n u hate A-levels!

- Qatada -
05-13-2008, 04:52 PM
:salamext:

If you're leaving high school after exams, or you really hated A-levels in college, the next best thing for you is National Diploma, also known as B-tec.

I say this because i did A-levels and i proper messed up, its alot of work you have to revise and go over, and then its all upto one day where you have an exam, and if you weren't good at answering the questions - probably because they were phrased in a way that u never understood them - then pick this course insha Allah.

What are it's Advantages?

It's equal to A-levels, so don't think that it's something looked down upon, except by people who dno what the course is.

You have only coursework, so if you like doing research and writing essays instead of exams, then go for this. There aren't any exams, and if you do the National Diploma - then you get equal to 3 A-levels at the end of 2years of college. Which is what u need to get into uni. So its the same time spent, as the people of A-levels.

Since you have to do alot of homework or coursework for A-levels, its likely that this homework or coursework won't give you too much of your grade, whereas with this course - you get your work done (similar to how A-level peeps get homework) - but you get graded for yours, without having any exams at the end!

You have chances to upgrade your work if you got lower marks in your coursework. So by the end, you're likely to get atleast a minimum D insha Allah, compared to A-levels where lots of people might even get U's.

You do the coursework throughout the year at a easier pace, with the help of your teacher, something you can't do in an exam.

When the people of A-levels finish, you will also finish. Except you dont have an exam at the end! So you get your grades at a similar time, while getting a brief idea of what grade you're on throughout the course. So there's not as much pressure.

Insha Allah i would encourage you to do this course since it helps alot - and make your decision by doing the Istikharah prayer, and the course removes alot of stress and pressure which alot of A-level students face at exam time.

This course is based in the UK, for college or 6th form students. And if you really like it, pass it on too so others can benefit insha Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-13-2008, 06:26 PM

Yeh mashaaAllaah this is real good. I wish I had known about this before coz I love coursework and hate exams! Khayr inshaaAllaah....

aadil77
05-13-2008, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

Since you have to do alot of homework or coursework for A-levels, its likely that this homework or coursework won't give you too much of your grade, whereas with this course - you get your work done (similar to how A-level peeps get homework) - but you get graded for yours, without having any exams at the end!
I'm doing A-levels and I don't have a single peice of coursework to do, just the occasional homework, it depends on your subjects

Method
05-14-2008, 04:27 PM
I've completed my Alevels in Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Further Maths; only had one piece of coursework and that was for Chemistry (which was a beast). I'm now studying Pharmacy at the University of Bath alhumdolillah.

I agree with aadil77 it depends on what subject you choose, some subjects like business studies, geography have loads of coursework. I like the fact there aren't any exams at the end, but one disadvantage in my opinon it does give a false sense of security because you'll have to start doing exams/test again when you get into university.

What sort of subjects can you do with a ND/BTEC? Just out of curiosity what do you guys study now?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-14-2008, 04:39 PM
:sl:

^ wow bro what did you get in further? and the rest of your subjects:)

i'm doing the same subjects right now except i'm doing economics instead of chemistry

Method
05-14-2008, 05:57 PM
My grades (UMS scores)

Mathematics: A (553/600)
Chemistry: A (510/600)
Further Maths: B (472/600) so close lol
Physics: B (440/600)

Doing four subjects was tough, don't really recommend it lol takes so much time! :)

aadil77, thats cool bro so what you planning on doing next year at university? Have you chosen your firm/insurance choices yet, if so what'd you choose?

If you need any help I'll try and help but bear in mind it has been a year since I've done any maths, so I will be really rusty lol :D

Insha'allah you'll do well in your upcoming exams, also do dua for me too :)

aadil77
05-14-2008, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Method
My grades (UMS scores)

Mathematics: A (553/600)
Chemistry: A (510/600)
Further Maths: B (472/600) so close lol
Physics: B (440/600)

Doing four subjects was tough, don't really recommend it lol takes so much time! :)

aadil77, thats cool bro so what you planning on doing next year at university? Have you chosen your firm/insurance choices yet, if so what'd you choose?

If you need any help I'll try and help but bear in mind it has been a year since I've done any maths, so I will be really rusty lol :D

Insha'allah you'll do well in your upcoming exams, also do dua for me too :)
woh, 8 marks from an A in further, but mashallah great results,

Uni? I'm thinking of something along maths/economics or maths/physics

not sure, but what firm/insurance choices?

Anyway thanks, Insh'Allah you'll do well , you got some great grades at A'level so no prob for you :D:thumbs_up

jannat
05-27-2008, 06:38 PM

I did my A levels, when i do exams i dont feel i have learnt much, coursework i can learn from, im at uni now, ALLAH SWT help with it!!
ANYWAYS, All the best what u r all doin. May Allah help us all succeed in our chosen fields inshallah.Ameen.

:w:

- Qatada -
12-04-2008, 08:41 PM
:wasalamex

bump. it might come in useful for future people applying to college.

Faith.
12-04-2008, 08:46 PM
AssalamuAlaykum
A LEVELS:skeleton:
Well I have been told before they are extreamly hard
& im nt an exam person
But Inshallah I want to become an Archetect...Dont you have to do A-levels to do that...
Or can I do a National Dipolma?

Nájlá
12-04-2008, 08:57 PM
i hope National Diploma is goood because thats what i will be doing inshallah.

Maarya
12-14-2008, 10:03 PM

i did AS last year...failed cos of my school - theres no teaching...decided to retake this year and the same thing is happeing so now i'v kinda given up and have applied for national diploma in business for sept09..wish i would'v known about it before...would def reccommend it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.