/* */

PDA

View Full Version : marriage proposal // marrying cousins

noahs_arc
05-13-2008, 05:48 PM
:sl:

i have a marriage proposal coming - and allhamdulilah this is the man i want to marry inshallah

but my only grandparent wants me to marry my cousin? a cousin who refuses to acknowledge my existence let alone marry me!

what should i do?

i have done ishtikarah twice before. one time i did not see anything the second time i saw clearly and i truly belive the proposal guy is who i meant to marry.

what do i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-13-2008, 08:43 PM
If you want to marry someone and he has proposed I dont think you should even think you should refuse to acknowldge the cousin.

arabianprincess
05-14-2008, 02:47 AM
yeah like he said.... since u did istakhara .. it made it clear who u should choose.. n mabrook... salamzzzzzzzzzzz

Yaaummati
05-14-2008, 03:37 AM
Sister if you have no intention and not interested in marrying this "Cousin" well drop it politely and respectfully to your gran! Let her know it's your life ,Sis it's your future and if you see no future ahead with this guy no need thinking about it..
Salatul Istikaarah is to seek guidance from Allah the Almighty .He knows what is in our hearts and our destiny is paved by him .Mashewera(consultation) and Istikhaarah by doing both you will never have regrets...so consult your familiy members our a pious elder and GOO FOR IT!!

All Granparents like to see they grankids marrying eachother they wanna keep it in the family:enough!::enough!: it's okay to want to respect their wishes buttt at the end of the day it your life and you have to live with the guy not them...May Allah swt make it easy for you to make the right decision...Aaameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TrueStranger
05-14-2008, 04:09 AM

I hope you make the right decision. If you don't want to marry your cousin, then you should tell your grandpa that you don't see yourself marrying your cousin.

At the end it is your decision, and I pray that you make the right one. Insha'Allah you will be perfectly fine. Wish you all the luck. Mubaarak :D

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.