/* */

PDA

View Full Version : malaysia .. Have you ever visit it?

mariam.
05-13-2008, 06:58 PM
:sl:

Insha'allah we plan to visit malaysia this summer so I hope somebody help me to know the most beautiful and interesting places there.

thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Noora_z3
05-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Its overall a beautiful country, every state and every island is so gorgeouse.
Anyways, KL, the capital, it has lots of sightseeing areas, you can lots of shopping there and dine in fabilous places.

Islands, I suggest you go to Lanckawi, its a breath-taking island with lots of activities for families. Another Island is, Tioman, its soooo beautiful but it doesnt have many activitis, its more like for those whoi want to enjoy the beaches and the serenety.

DONT GO TO PENANG island, most of the tourists for some reaon visite that island, but its not so nice and its dirty and over-crowded specially in summer.

You can visite jungels or go hiking or rock climbing...there are lots of things to do in Malaysia...Hope you enjoy...:)

Güven
05-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Go vist The masjids in Malaysia They are beautifull not that I have been There but I saw Pictures:D

truemuslim
05-13-2008, 07:59 PM
I wish i cud go to malaysia, my cusin is ther. its like 11 hours ahead of where i am. but he says its reaaally beautiful and peaceful and the masjids ther are amaaaazin...Malaysia is sooooooooooooooooo beautiful...i choose malaysia over hawaii..lol..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mariam.
05-13-2008, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noora_z3
Its overall a beautiful country, every state and every island is so gorgeouse.
Anyways, KL, the capital, it has lots of sightseeing areas, you can lots of shopping there and dine in fabilous places.

Islands, I suggest you go to Lanckawi, its a breath-taking island with lots of activities for families. Another Island is, Tioman, its soooo beautiful but it doesnt have many activitis, its more like for those whoi want to enjoy the beaches and the serenety.

DONT GO TO PENANG island, most of the tourists for some reaon visite that island, but its not so nice and its dirty and over-crowded specially in summer.

You can visite jungels or go hiking or rock climbing...there are lots of things to do in Malaysia...Hope you enjoy...:)
thank you sister .. any other advices?

Güven
05-13-2008, 08:03 PM
^^ loool

I Will go too inshallah if my studies Are finished :D

Noora_z3
05-13-2008, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariam.
thank you sister .. any other advices?
Well, near Kuala Lumpur there is a new tourist area, its called French city, if you go there its a complete transformation, they try to mimic a french city, its very very nice, I recommend you visite it, when I was there it was still not completed, i bet its nicer now.

if you are niqabi or your family wear niqab then there is a restnrant in the hub of Kuala Lumpur with partitions, its an arab resturants, with partitions for families. If you intrested to know do tell me I will ask my brother its name and inform you.

When i remmeber more places I will post again..:)

arabianprincess
05-14-2008, 02:46 AM
omg im like sooo jealous :( but hey inshallah u ll have fun over n yes from wat i heard its a beautiful country... salamz

crayon
05-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Malaysia is beautiful. Do you know what cities you're going to? How long are you staying?
Definitely visit KL (of course), genting highlands, melaka, and langkawi. All so beautiful, my favorite was langkawi, though, it's like a fairy tale island.

In KL it's nice to just explore the city by foot or on subway. There's the KLCC (the petronas towers plus a nice shopping mall). The butterfly park, bird park, and flower garden are all within walking distance of each other. There's also a big aquarium in the KLCC.

Langkawi is mainly the sandy beaches and palm trees. It's a great place to just relax. We went to this place (i think it was an estuary) where we rented a boat and its driver for the day. We saw fish farms, a bat cave, eagle feeding, played with monkeys. There was also a place we went to with cable cars that take you to the very top of the mountain. You have all this lush green beneath you and the ocean, it's stunning.

Genting is basically the amusement park and the forests and mountains.
Melaka is this old historical city with museums, and this amazing street that sells antiques and other one of a kind stuff. There's also a zoo and crocodile farm (there are ones in KL too). Make sure to check out mini malaysia and the dutch square.

Also, a little tip, carry an umbrella with you wherever you go. It rains on and off with no warning whatsoever, so an umbrella is essential.

mariam.
05-14-2008, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noora_z3
Well, near Kuala Lumpur there is a new tourist area, its called French city, if you go there its a complete transformation, they try to mimic a french city, its very very nice, I recommend you visite it, when I was there it was still not completed, i bet its nicer now.
:) lol .. thank you very much.

if you are niqabi or your family wear niqab then there is a restnrant in the hub of Kuala Lumpur with partitions, its an arab resturants, with partitions for families. If you intrested to know do tell me I will ask my brother its name and inform you.
I wear hijab .. but i like this restaurant with partition, you can feel more comfort and ease there.

When i remmeber more places I will post again..:)
jazakaallah khayra

mariam.
05-14-2008, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Malaysia is beautiful. Do you know what cities you're going to? How long are you staying?
Definitely visit KL (of course), genting highlands, melaka, and langkawi. All so beautiful, my favorite was langkawi, though, it's like a fairy tale island.

In KL it's nice to just explore the city by foot or on subway. There's the KLCC (the petronas towers plus a nice shopping mall). The butterfly park, bird park, and flower garden are all within walking distance of each other. There's also a big aquarium in the KLCC.

Langkawi is mainly the sandy beaches and palm trees. It's a great place to just relax. We went to this place (i think it was an estuary) where we rented a boat and its driver for the day. We saw fish farms, a bat cave, eagle feeding, played with monkeys. There was also a place we went to with cable cars that take you to the very top of the mountain. You have all this lush green beneath you and the ocean, it's stunning.

Genting is basically the amusement park and the forests and mountains.
Melaka is this old historical city with museums, and this amazing street that sells antiques and other one of a kind stuff. There's also a zoo and crocodile farm (there are ones in KL too). Make sure to check out mini malaysia and the dutch square.

Also, a little tip, carry an umbrella with you wherever you go. It rains on and off with no warning whatsoever, so an umbrella is essential.
thank you sister it's really helpful .. but I have some Q please:

are The butterfly park, bird park, and flower garden in KL?

from where we can take this cable cars?

and what about mini malaysia and dutch square?

thank you again .. wa-alsalaam alaykom

mariam.
05-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Any theme park there?

Roasted Cashew
05-14-2008, 11:41 AM
It's a beatiful country. Nice and clean. I have been living in Malaysia for the past 13 years. Just last week I returnrd to my homeland Pakistan to further my studies. Other members have pointed out the hot spots. So go and enjoy yourself.

Roasted Cashew
05-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Any theme park there?
Yes! There is this one awesome theme park I recommend u visit. It's at Genting Highlands. Check it out.

crayon
05-14-2008, 12:47 PM
thank you sister it's really helpful .. but I have some Q please:

are The butterfly park, bird park, and flower garden in KL?

from where we can take this cable cars?

and what about mini malaysia and dutch square?

thank you again .. wa-alsalaam alaykom
Yes, those three parks are in kuala lumpur, and they're all right next to each other, so you can visit them in the same day.

The cable car is on Mat Cincang mountain, here's a link http://www.langkawi-info.com/attractions/cable-car.htm

"The Mini Malaysia and Mini ASEAN Park is situated in the town. The Park has scaled down versions of traditional houses typically found in each of the states of Malaysia as well as those found in the ASEAN region. It is an interesting insight into the culture and lifestyle of traditional Malaysia and ASEAN."

That's in melaka, along with the dutch square is just a nice part of town with a lot of history, it's nice to take a walk there. http://www.backpackingmalaysia.com/t...-square/melaka

crayon
05-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Link to genting highlands themepark website:
http://www.genting.com.my/en/themepark/index.htm

crayon
05-14-2008, 12:52 PM
double post, delete please.

mariam.
05-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Insha'allah we plan to visit KL & penang island .. So,what about penang island .. any advices ?

are The Mini Malaysia in KL?

crayon
05-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Nope, mini malaysia is in melaka.. I don't know anything about penang island.

syilla
05-16-2008, 05:03 AM
:salamext:

welcome to Malaysia :D

Penang i don't really know...coz i've never been to Penang before :hiding: hopefully nm can help us on this.

Mini Malaysia? i never heard of it.... :X

north_malaysian
05-16-2008, 08:40 AM
About Penang...

It's a well known fact that it's the dirtiest state in Malaysia... only God could clean this island...:exhausted

But, Penang has the best food varieties in the country. But never worry about halal food in Penang... many restaurants are certified as halal.

Penang is the most liberal state in Malaysia (even the Muslims are the most secular of all states in Malaysia).

Only 25% of the population are Muslims. Penang is totally multi-religious, multiracial state. It's been multiculural/multireligious/multiracial since 1780s.

Penangites (both Non Muslims and Muslims) are tolerant to niqabis...

There are several Indian Muslim restaurants with special partition for families...which the niqabis wouldnt have problem eating...

I'll try to give more details about my home island - Penang.

north_malaysian
05-16-2008, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Mini Malaysia? i never heard of it.... :X
Mini Malaysia at Air Keroh, Malacca, it has Mini ASEAN too

north_malaysian
05-16-2008, 08:58 AM

Fort Cornwallis
by kenyneo
Send Photo to a Friend

Fort Cornwallis was one of the first European structures in Penang. After Captain Francis Light officially took possession of the island on August 11th 1786, development of Penang began from this point. Captain Light built a fort as a defense against the French, Kedah, and pirates. At this time Anglo-French rivalry was at a peak. The original wooden fort was rebuilt in stone by convict labour in 1804. The most interesting item is certainly the canon Seri Rambai. This canon was made for the Dutch East India Company, then given by the Dutch to the Sultan of Johore, later captured by the Acehnese who in turn gifted it to the Sultan of Selangor. Eventually the Madras Native Infantry captured the cannon in 1871. Since then the Seri Rambai is in Fort Cornwallis. In a fascinating twist of fate, the cannon molded to become a powerful weapon of destruction, that has gone through a particularly violent and bloody 2 centuries, became in Fort Cornwallis a symbol of fertility for the local women of all ethnic background. Many childless ladies give offerings in the form of flowers and incenses to the spirit of the Seri Rambai. Entrance fee - RM4 adults , RM2 children

north_malaysian
05-16-2008, 09:03 AM

beautiful view of jetty and
boats

by kenyneo
Send Photo to a Friend

Although Teluk Bahang is a small fishing village area, there are some places of interest where tourist would like to go, eg. Penang Cultural Centre, Butterfly Farm, Teluk Bahang Forest Park and Teluk Bahang Dam. The route is a combination of sharp corners and bends, including a narrow hairpin and 3 wide hairpins (if not mistaken). Most sharp corners have two lanes, just enough to let two passenger cars to pass, and many corners are in 90 degrees and very narrow- which means you have to drive through them slow as you make a corner in town area. And then, the bends makeup the exciting part of the route, they test your tire grip and your suspension system. These bends have different length, but most are in 100~300 meters, if you want to pass these bends in the shortest time, a set of good tires and good suspension settings are necessary

north_malaysian
05-16-2008, 09:25 AM

Penang Municipal Council Building

Standard and Chartered Bank, Penang

Penang State Museum

E&O Hotel, Penang

Penang High Court

James Richardson Logan Memorial, Penang

Sir Francis Light's Statue

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.