/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Police reject candidate for being too intelligent

islamirama
05-14-2008, 03:17 AM
Police reject candidate for being too intelligent

A US man has been rejected in his bid to become a police officer for scoring too high on an intelligence test.

Robert Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took an exam to join the New London police, in Connecticut, in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125.

But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Mr Jordan launched a federal lawsuit against the city, but lost.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court's decision that the city did not discriminate against Mr Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

He said: "This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class. I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else."

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action and has worked as a prison guard since he took the test.

The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22,

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_56314.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lina
05-14-2008, 09:33 PM
:sl:

Then they should have a minimum period of time (years) a trained policeman should stay employed. Or else they can reject anyone and claim it to risk of training costs.

KAding
05-14-2008, 09:40 PM
He should have cheated on the test...

Lina
05-14-2008, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
He should have cheated on the test...
Maybe he did.

That would make sense.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amadeus85
05-14-2008, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
I mean, seriously, this sounds like taken from these police jokes. :giggling:

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2008, 10:38 PM
no no people it wasnt me :p

i think this is the case of someone being over qualified and the other police offers probly would have been jeaalous or somethin, but police need some intelligent people, it would have helped them, meeh

truemuslim
05-15-2008, 01:01 AM
What?! loooool this is liek a joke right? r they retarded?! omg wow. they want dumber cops i guess....cops are dumb enough already , and i gess this is one of the reasons why........the other reason is they too lazy to do ther job so dey put ya on hold when u house on fire:X

------
05-15-2008, 11:54 AM
:salamext:

So they want dumb people in the police?! :-\

IbnAbdulHakim
05-15-2008, 12:00 PM
ONLY in America :D

feeshy amreekenz

cute123
05-15-2008, 12:38 PM
really funny

Eric H
05-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi islamirama;
Maybe clever criminals control the entrance exams, after all if the cops were more clever they might solve more crimes. :D:D:D

Maybe it is just to give the criminals a sporting chance.:D:D:D

Policemen are very nice:)

Take care

Eric

truemuslim
05-15-2008, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ONLY in America :D

feeshy amreekenz
yeh lol true dat

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.