/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Power

Tilmeez
05-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Just read an email that moved me a lot!! Not knowing authenticity still translating it into English for you people out there! Will appreciate if someone can tell if its just story or really has some base.

Once Musa (AS) ask Allah (SWT) who will be my companion in heaven? Allah (SWT) said So and So Butcher…
Surprised Musa (AS) searched the Butcher and asked him to be his guest for night. Musa (AS) noted that he was not any good at business while selling meat to people. At evening he took a piece of meat and closed the shop. He reached home with Musa (AS) cooked the meet and bread. Then dipped small pieces of bread in gravy of cooked meat. Then he took this to an old women in next room and made her eat with own hand. After finishing dinner he cleaned her mouth. She said something in the ear of butcher and he laughed.

“Who is she and what did she say to you”, Asked Musa (AS). Oh she is my mother and every day after dinner with happiness she says to me “Allah may keep you with Musa (AS) in heaven” and I just laugh as where me and where Musa (AS)[difference in status], replied the butcher.
:cry::cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-14-2008, 07:58 AM
:salamext:

Hmm.... source is needed though.

cute123
05-14-2008, 07:58 AM
i heard this from my father. but i dont know about the source

fatima_01
05-14-2008, 11:27 PM
very touching story ;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
02-25-2010, 05:57 PM
:sl:

thanks for sharing the nice story . I read this story long ago , don't remember the source :(

Danah
02-25-2010, 08:54 PM
I looked it up in Arabic and found many sites mentioned it but none of them have the source of it....more like copy and paste from each other.

but we can learn a good lesson from that story though.

zana
02-25-2010, 08:56 PM
very touching story

zana
02-25-2010, 09:25 PM
lol no not at all im just new so just getting use to it all and trying to introduce myself to everyone

Insaanah
02-28-2010, 01:43 PM

Jazaakallah for sharing the story - I haven't found the source for it either, but seeing as the thread is called Mother's Power, may I give another example of the power of a mother's du'aa?

I remember reading an interview with Sheikh Sudais in which he said that as a child, when he was naughty or would get in trouble, his mum would say to him: “May Allah make you Imaam of Masjid al-Haraam!”

SubhaanAllah - Look how Allah accepted her du'aa! May Allah bless our parents and make them a means for us to attain Jannatul Firdous along with them. Ameen.

Misz_Muslimah
02-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Subhanallah..
Ameeen to the dua..

Sampharo
02-28-2010, 05:57 PM
The story is indeed almost impossible to track. Its oldest mention was by the Imam Al-Hafeth Ibn Al-Jizry (751-833 Hijri), in his book Al-Zahr Al-Fateh "الزهر الفاتح في ذكر من تنزه عن الذنوب و القبائح". He was an established master Imam in the sciences of Quran and Sunnah, following the methodology of Ahlu Sunnah. The story was rementioned in the book Thawata Afnan "ذواتا أفنان" for Sheikh Saleh Al-Meghamsy, a contemporary Saudi scholar.

These should certainly provide a lot of credibility to the story, but despite that, the original trace from either the prophet -s.a.a.w.- or the Israelite gospels are practically non-existent and therefore I cannot track further or authenticate, however it is well-known that bogus stories and hadiths are usually strongly dis-authenticated and declared weak or placed, this one however was untouched.

Hope that helped, wallahu 'AAlam

MMohammed
02-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Nice story.
My mom told me about it years ago.
JazakAllah Khair for that

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.