/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what advice would you give?

AnonymousPoster
05-14-2008, 10:19 AM
assalamualaykum

what advice would you give to one who whos scared about losing something in terms of dunya sometimes very soon and this fear of losing the said thing is causing him great worry and anxiety. The greatest reason for this worry and anxiety is he fears his mistakes and sins will lead him to whats worse

if i were to advise such a person i would say "repent and ask for forgiveness and make dua' that Allah make things better"

yet i dont think that removes the anxiety... what can help...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AntiKarateKid
05-17-2008, 03:36 AM
Id like to help but that was very vague, could you make the problem just a bit more specific?

Don't worry about it, Allah does what he wills, you just say Alhamdulilah and do YOUR part, once you have done what you could reasonably have done to make things go your way and they still dont, jsut let it be. Allah knows best, whether or not you realize it.

The_Prince
05-17-2008, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
assalamualaykum

what advice would you give to one who whos scared about losing something in terms of dunya sometimes very soon and this fear of losing the said thing is causing him great worry and anxiety. The greatest reason for this worry and anxiety is he fears his mistakes and sins will lead him to whats worse

if i were to advise such a person i would say "repent and ask for forgiveness and make dua' that Allah make things better"

yet i dont think that removes the anxiety... what can help...
it will go naturally, i had a friend in a similar position once, many people go through it for a while, and then it just goes.

but tell him not to be worries because whatever Allah has willed will be, and what he hasnt will not, so no use to be anxious, what will happen will happen.

but then the ending of your Q seems to be hes scared his sins will lead him to greater sins, well then stop doing the sins that could lead to it.

.: Jannati :.
05-17-2008, 05:15 AM
"repent and ask for forgiveness and make dua' that Allah make things better"
your belief in that Allah and that HE (swt) can make things better - must be stronger for it to actually effect you which will lead you to seeing things in a optimistic perspective. You should be able to have blinding trust in the will of Allah and the very act of repentance and seeking forgiveness is Dhikr, i.e. the remembrance of Allah when done wholeheartedly should also help you feel better and remove your fears and anxieties, this is a sign of a true believer. Also we all know of the beatiful Ayah in Surah Ar-R'ad Ayah number 28, where Allah SWT says, "Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."

when thoughtfully contemplating over the problems which are causing you to feel fear and anxiety, evaluate the situation and try to possibly resolve it through practical means, as this way you know you've given it your best to make sure you don't lose whatever you fear losing. Otherwise, if you can't do anything AT ALL, then yes Du'a and turning to Allah are your only solutions, keep your heart and tongue occupied in reciting Qur'an, Dhikr or even attending talks/events to engage your mind in things that will benefit you rather than harm or hurt you.

but yeh as I said, depends on the situation, if you don't want to lose this thing then fight for it through legit means, oh and make sure the thing you don't want to lose is halaal/legit for you in itself.

wa Allahu Alam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
05-23-2008, 09:29 PM
:salamext:

One thing that has helped me a lot (since I have learned to do it) is accept the Qadr of Allaah. Accept what He is decreed for you, and you will be the happiest and content of people.

Complete trust in Allaah's Decision

However, thats the shaytaan's job. He will tempt you again and again. Read this inshaaAllaah;

The Traps of Iblees (Shaytaan)

It is a very interesting read, I assure you. Opens your eyes to how clever shaytaan is.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.