/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a colleague just touched me

anonymous
05-14-2008, 03:13 PM
salaam sisters and brothers. a colleague just touched me well sort of pushed me forward in a joking way and i didnt like it. he keep on being cheeky with me and joking. i am a sister who wear hijaab. he doing this lots. what i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
05-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Just tell him in a serious way, also just generally avoid talking to him. It also depends where you live, in places where everyone wears hijab it aint a big deal so the guys wont be put of but like in the uk people would be abit like 'erm she wont be up for anything shes wearing hijab'.

crayon
05-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Tell him that you want him to cut it out and act professionally. Do it in a very serious manner, make it totally explicit that he's stepping out of bounds. If he still doesn't get it, he's a moron, or he's just pretending to be a moron. Either way, if he doesn't listen, go to your boss or something, tell him he's making you uncomfortable, and that this behavior needs to stop.

AnonymousPoster
05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salaam sisters and brothers. a colleague just touched me well sort of pushed me forward in a joking way and i didnt like it. he keep on being cheeky with me and joking. i am a sister who wear hijaab. he doing this lots. what i do?
sis chillax what are you waiting for? you got the whole Muslim nation (well a few) behind you, try and get some brothers together to beat him up, whats wrong with the other colleagues? do they not help you? I am sure you can make a complaint against your colleague. lastly try as hard as you can to ignore him and let him know you are not interested you have better things to do.

sorry you're going through this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
05-14-2008, 05:16 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Tell him to stop this at once! Say you don't appreciate him overstepping his limits. Don't care if he gets offended and doesn't talk to you after that or whatever. He isn't worth it worrying about.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

mood hi kharab ho geya!

fatima_01
05-14-2008, 10:10 PM
ignore him and go get him fired girl;)

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2008, 10:17 PM
slap him and say im joking! then read him the hadiths " having a nail put through your head is better then touching a woman who isnt your mahram" and then walk away, but time the walk lol so it looks gangsta and stylee ish :p lol naaa just explain to him, im sure he will understand, if not complain about him

snakelegs
05-15-2008, 02:52 AM
2 words "sexual harassment". here in the u.s. that is a pretty serious charge.
hijab or no hijab, muslimah or kafir, no woman has to put up with being pawed.
tell him in no uncertain tone that he needs to keep his hands to himself or you will go to the boss.

TrueStranger
05-15-2008, 03:14 AM
Tell him to stop three times, if he doesn’t I think he should receive a good beating. :)

wth1257
05-15-2008, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
sis chillax what are you waiting for? you got the whole Muslim nation (well a few) behind you, try and get some brothers together to beat him up, whats wrong with the other colleagues? do they not help you? I am sure you can make a complaint against your colleague. lastly try as hard as you can to ignore him and let him know you are not interested you have better things to do.

sorry you're going through this.

Are you serious?

AnonymousPoster
05-15-2008, 08:18 AM
shall i talk to boss or no?

Snowflake
05-15-2008, 08:29 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Talk to your colleague first. We should always give a warning first since Allah states in the Quran that believers are helpers of one another. So do try to make him stop what he's is doing. It may be that the brother heeds it and Allah gives him hidayah. If he carries on then by all mean you should report him to the boss.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

anonymous
05-15-2008, 08:40 AM
i did talk to manager and she said she will talk to the colleage because i explained that in islam we dont come close to guys and not to joke with them

Snowflake
05-15-2008, 08:55 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

OK, inshaAllah. I hope that'll solve the matter. And may I add a piece of advice here. In the future be very careful about your own behavior with the opposite sex as people can take things the wrong way and assume that you don't mind what they say or do.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

mediadave
05-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Always talk to him first in a situation like this - it's very likely he won't understand he's doing anything wrong and that you are genuinly annoyed. Remember he'll come from a culture where men and women can josh around freely.

Needless to say, don't get him beaten up. Besides being fundamentally wrong, all he'll know that he was beaten up by a couple of muslims for no reason. Hardly going to improve his opinion of muslims, huh?

aminahjaan
05-16-2008, 02:02 AM
Yeah everyone's right, I would go up to him and tell him straight up
"Keep it professional, and don't touch me. It's annoying and it's not funny so stop kay?"

noorahmad
05-16-2008, 06:53 PM
assalam walaikum
maybe he doznot realize its nt pleasin u???
you shudjust try to explain to him, and then maybe think of getin him kicke

barney
05-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Talk to your boss. If you are based in the west your company should have a strict anti-bullying harrassment policy. Use it, he deserves to lose his job.

*KB*
05-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Assalamualaykum

Just tell him to stop it nicely and if he asks why, explain :)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

Güven
05-16-2008, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
Assalamualaykum

Just tell him to stop it nicely and if he asks why, explain :)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
lool It looked sooooo simple when You say it Sis :D

anonymous
05-16-2008, 07:02 PM
thanku for all advice.he not touching me unnecesarily no more.jazkallah.thread can be locked

*KB*
05-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Assalamualaykum

Good to hear... May Allah Bless You and Muslim Ummah and keep us all safe

^^Brother Guven :okay::peace::muslimah::lol:

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

P.S. Make dua for all the people hit by Cyclone Nargis

tetsujin
05-19-2008, 01:56 PM
He's a fool. Plain and simple. Muslim or not you have the right to live and work in a safe and amicable environment which is free of harassment and sexual misconduct.

Don't go around in circle trying to be nice while preserving your dignity. Make it explicitly clear you will escalate the issue to the necessary steps in order to be left alone, whether that means your boss or a restraining order from local authorities.

AvarAllahNoor
05-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Best thing to do is tell him in a polite but stern way. He should get the message without having any trouble with your workplace relationship. If he does not stop, well then a swift thappar (slap) across the chops will get the same result!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.