/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Little Sister Died of Cancer...

al-istiqamah
05-14-2008, 05:49 PM
"...even when she had her leg amputated, she reminded my father and others that it is no big deal. She reminded us of that little Iraqi boy who had lost some of his limbs and said, “Tho kiya huwa? Merey aik taang se hop karsakthee houn” (“So what? I can still hop on one leg”)."

Asma Haq was 8 ½ years old when she first developed symptoms of cancer. Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) has one of the lowest survival rates for paediatric cancer. Despite having her whole leg amputated up to the hip, the cancer returned. Asma died on Friday 11th February 2005, following a 3 year struggle. Her older brother Omar speaks to al-istiqamah about her ordeal and passing. Omar is a student; the Haq family live in Chicago, Illinois.

Read the full interview at al-istiqamah.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
05-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Aww poor little girl. :cry: is she YOUR lil sis? aww May allah grant her jannatul firdous inshallah.....

Khayal
05-14-2008, 06:08 PM
:sl:

Inna Lillahe Wa Inna Ela'ehe Raje'on

:(

May Allaah SWT grant your sister jannahtul firdous, InshaAllaah & Aameen.

:w:

piXie
05-14-2008, 06:26 PM

can't read more. Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon :cry: may Allaah give the family patience and admit the little girl into the Highest part of Jannah. Aameen

My mother raised her concern about Asma having a tumor in her knee. The doctor laughed it off and said it was nothing like that. If it were a tumor, we would have known. Six months went by with this routine – day in, day out
Stupid Doctor. Deserves to be sued!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Souljette
05-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Innalillahi wa inayilaihir raji'un..

That's Asma ..she passed away i think February 2005 ..i cried sooo much when i read Bro GQ's blog...i jst couldn't go read further..still i check up..It is a story of perseverence, struggle and a girl who was a fighter till the end..i evn read the interview bro Istiqamah.

Jazakallah khair

ummAbdillah
05-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon! May Allah grant her family sabr.

al-istiqamah
05-14-2008, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Aww poor little girl. :cry: is she YOUR lil sis? aww May allah grant her jannatul firdous inshallah.....
She's not my blood sister, but I am proud to be able to say that she is our Muslim sister. When it says "My little sister..." that refers to br Omar, whom we conducted the interview with.

Btw, Souljette, I'm a sister :)

Snowflake
05-14-2008, 07:16 PM
inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi ra jioon

SubhanAllah what a brave little girl Asma was. May Allah make her bravery an inspiration to those who complain at the slightest difficulty they face. I pray you find peace in knowing that dying as a pure and innocent child Allah swt will grant her Jannah and may Allah too reward you and your family for the loss you have suffered. Ameen.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-14-2008, 07:16 PM

Inna lillahi wa inna alahi rajioun:( Ameen to all the du'as.

truemuslim
05-14-2008, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-istiqamah
She's not my blood sister, but I am proud to be able to say that she is our Muslim sister. When it says "My little sister..." that refers to br Omar, whom we conducted the interview with.

Btw, Souljette, I'm a sister :)
Ooh ok Jazakallah khair
Yeh alhamdulillah we can say our muslim sis
:cry: poor sis. Inshallah we meet her in jannah.

Soulja Girl
05-14-2008, 07:34 PM

Thats sad, may Allah give her family sabr and grant her Jannah. :cry:

al-istiqamah
05-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Omar Haq's blog is allaboutasma.blogspot.com

Souljette
05-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Jazakallah khair and ye i know about this blog and Sorrryyy sis Al-istiqamah i didnt know you were a sister...well jazkallah khair for postin this up many will inshallah learn from it

*KB*
05-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Assalamualaykum

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajeeoon

May Allah Bless her and her family. I will make dua, Insha'Allah all who read this as well will.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

جوري
05-15-2008, 08:27 PM
I was aggrieved when I first read the story of Asma a couple of years ago..
Putting a picture with the story, is all the more heartrending.. what an amazing beautiful human being she was.. amazing those eyes and that smile.. so fragile, yet so very full of warmth, hope and life.. I meet with folks of excess, decadence.. who never once sport a smile as pure or sincere as hers.. Sob7an Allah

May Allah yer7mha and grant her heaven's high meed ma3a arafeeq al'a3la
grant mercy, pease and blessings to this Muslim umma those who are living and those who have passed on
Ameen
imsad imsad

S_87
05-15-2008, 08:43 PM

i read the blog ages back but that story is so sad :'(
May Allah bless Asma and her family.

Layla454
05-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.