PDA

View Full Version : Afghan teacher killed after condemning suicide bombings



kirk
05-15-2008, 03:12 AM
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...her-Killed.php

KABUL, Afghanistan: A teacher was shot to death in northern Afghanistan after he gave a speech condemning suicide bombings, officials said Wednesday.

Abdul Hadi criticized such attacks as un-Islamic and un-Afghan during a speech Tuesday in the Archi

In January, Education Minister Mohammad Hanif Atmar said the number of students and teachers killed in Taliban attacks spiked in the past year in a campaign to close schools and force teenage boys to join the Islamic militia.


What can the US army do to stop these murdurers?


k
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
05-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Kirk;

People who want peace are limited to using peaceful means to obtain their objectives.
People in agreement with suicide bombing are prepared to kill to get what they want.
What can the US army do to stop these murdurers?
What can the Afghans do to stop Americans murdering their citizens?
Maybe the US should withdraw from Afghanistan, they have already killed thousands of Afghans who had nothing to do with 9.11

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric
Reply

Fishman
05-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by kirk
What can the US army do to stop these murdurers?
:sl:
Go in all self-righteous and then bungle the job and make the situation much worse. Hmm? I think that reminds me of something else the US army did recently...
:w:
Reply

truemuslim
05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by kirk
What can the US army do to stop these murdurers?
NOTHING!! its safer without em.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Fishman
05-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
NOTHING!! its safer without em.
:sl:
Not to say nothing should be done though. Maybe a religious problem can be solved by religious leaders this time.
:w:
Reply

truemuslim
05-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
Not to say nothing should be done though. Maybe a religious problem can be solved by religious leaders this time.
:w:
eh...maaaaybe
Reply

kirk
05-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by Eric H
People in agreement with suicide bombing are prepared to kill to get what they want.
If the US were to leave, those people in agreement with suicide bombing are going to kill to get what they want.

Which is what you said so we are agreement.

We are not in agreement as to how to stop it.

The US is in Afghanistan to stop those people who are in agreement with suicide bombing.

The US is trying to stop them in Afghanistan.

If are not stopped in Afghanistan, they will spread their evil ways to neighbouring countries.

And in the neighbouring countries they will commit suicide bombings to get what they want.

After they have succeeded there, they will go to the next place.

When they arrive at you’re neck of the woods you will wonder why they were not stopped in Afghanistan

k
Reply

kirk
05-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by kirk
KABUL, Afghanistan: A teacher was shot to death in northern Afghanistan after he gave a speech condemning suicide bombings, officials said Wednesday.
Was the shooter a Muslim? If you answer “NO”, is it permissible for the US backed Afghan govt to arrest the shooter for murder?

k
Reply

wth1257
05-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by kirk
If the US were to leave, those people in agreement with suicide bombing are going to kill to get what they want.

Which is what you said so we are agreement.

We are not in agreement as to how to stop it.

The US is in Afghanistan to stop those people who are in agreement with suicide bombing.

The US is trying to stop them in Afghanistan.

If are not stopped in Afghanistan, they will spread their evil ways to neighbouring countries.

And in the neighbouring countries they will commit suicide bombings to get what they want.

After they have succeeded there, they will go to the next place.

When they arrive at you’re neck of the woods you will wonder why they were not stopped in Afghanistan

k

They didn't spread before:?

Previously Pakistan more or less confined them to certian lawless regions, and Iran kept them from spreading to much, as astonishing as it may seem, the rest of the world would perhapse not erupt into a firey ball of hellish nightmare from which there is no excape in the absence of US intervantion.

That is not to say US incursion into Afghanistan wasen't justified following their government allowing those who murdered our citizins to hang around, but your scinario of essentially nomads and fanatics fighting with AK-47's they pulled off dead Soviets in the 80's takeing over the world seems far fetched.
Reply

wth1257
05-16-2008, 03:46 AM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
Not to say nothing should be done though. Maybe a religious problem can be solved by religious leaders this time.
:w:
Was the US justified in invadeing Afghanistan after the Taliban sheltered Bin Laden who murdered our civilians?

I certianly think there exists legitimate criticisms of how the US toppled the Taliban, and our subsequent atrocities and carelessness reguarding the saftey of Afghan civilians, however in absence of that, did we have a right to toppel the Taliban?
Reply

Eric H
05-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Kirk,

America wanted justice for 9.11 and rightly so, the victim’s families are getting thousands of dollars in compensation.

But what of the innocent Afghans killed by an invading army, farmers shopkeepers, labourers, fathers, daughters; what do they get, where do they go for justice?
They leave behind them family and friends who are angry and want justice for their loved ones killed unlawfully.

When they arrive at you’re neck of the woods you will wonder why they were not stopped in Afghanistan
And that gives the US and the UK the right to kill thousands of Afghans in the hope they might kill one or two suicide bombers amongst all the innocent people killed.

George Bush seems afraid of his own shadow, the most powerful man in the world spreading a message of fear. His policies are responsible for creating suicide bombers, and if a bomber arrives in the UK or the US sadly we have ourselves to blame.

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric
Reply

Snowflake
05-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by kirk
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...her-Killed.php

KABUL, Afghanistan: A teacher was shot to death in northern Afghanistan after he gave a speech condemning suicide bombings, officials said Wednesday.

Abdul Hadi criticized such attacks as un-Islamic and un-Afghan during a speech Tuesday in the Archi

In January, Education Minister Mohammad Hanif Atmar said the number of students and teachers killed in Taliban attacks spiked in the past year in a campaign to close schools and force teenage boys to join the Islamic militia.


What can the US army do to stop these murdurers?


k
inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajioon. May Allah grant him the highest paradise. Ameen. imsad
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by kirk


What can the US army do to stop these murdurers?


k
oh i dunno maybe they can barge in and kill thousands more innocent muslims over the excuse of one being killed by its own people?



the US army helping is as likely as me supporting israel.... 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000% chance (dont even expect that .1% !)
Reply

Fishman
05-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by wth1257
Was the US justified in invadeing Afghanistan after the Taliban sheltered Bin Laden who murdered our civilians?

I certianly think there exists legitimate criticisms of how the US toppled the Taliban, and our subsequent atrocities and carelessness reguarding the saftey of Afghan civilians, however in absence of that, did we have a right to toppel the Taliban?
:sl:
I'm not complaining about the US invasion here. I'm complaining about when the government tries to find a military solution to a civilian problem. What is the US army going to do if they try and solve it? Bomb the perpetrator's houses? Get the government to send in a troop surge? it is very irritating when people think that the US army is some kind of super-duper humanitarian world police force that can go around solving all kinds of problems, when really it is only good at getting people killed.

Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
the US army helping is as likely as me supporting israel.... 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000% chance (dont even expect that .1% !)
You might as well have said zero! :D All those naughts are rather unecessary...
:w:
Reply

barney
05-16-2008, 06:52 PM
On the off chance that you visited Israel and a IED planted by Hamas went off, killing 15 israeli shoppers and spraying your legs with shrapnel. Would you support the medics trying to save your life? Or just fight them off saying you wont be treated by the Zionist Entity?
Reply

Ninth_Scribe
05-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Eric H
People in agreement with suicide bombing are prepared to kill to get what they want.
Um... it seems to me, what caused all this happy-joy in the first place, was the fact that EVERYONE is willing to KILL for what they believe in. And, while I'm not particularly hot on the idea of martyrdom myself, that debate should be confined to the religious scholars... it's THEIR issue!

The Ninth Scribe
Reply

Fishman
05-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by barney
On the off chance that you visited Israel and a IED planted by Hamas went off, killing 15 israeli shoppers and spraying your legs with shrapnel. Would you support the medics trying to save your life? Or just fight them off saying you wont be treated by the Zionist Entity?
:sl:
1. That's just first aid. Armies can do that, they need to otherwise they wouldn't be able to kill anybody. I'm not talking about some individual circumstance, I'm talking about when people try to find military solutions for non-military issues.

2. It has nothing to do with the west. If the Chinese or Iranians were the ones going around doing this I would complain about that too. I don't really think the comments about a 'zionist entity' are really relevant. I don't even have the Zionist Enitity complex.
:w:
Reply

barney
05-16-2008, 07:21 PM
S'ok Fishy, I was posting at bro IbnAbdulHakim's refusal to support anything Israel no matter what it was.
Cure for cancer made by Tel Avive scientists? He'd just be annoyed. IDF defusing a Hamas bomb in a Palastinian school owned by Fatah? 0% support for that sort of stuff.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by barney
On the off chance that you visited Israel and a IED planted by Hamas went off, killing 15 israeli shoppers and spraying your legs with shrapnel. Would you support the medics trying to save your life? Or just fight them off saying you wont be treated by the Zionist Entity?
i stopped reading at

"on the off chance"

.
.
:D



no really barney, the israelli state has caused way too much oppression and this is a well known fact. If zionists attempted to treat my legs i would be grateful to those individuals and still recognize the main oppressors as oppressors (ie the zionist dogs who bomb civilian palestinian territories).

i think i should be able to judge how to wisely act in a situation... i hope *gulps*
Reply

Ninth_Scribe
05-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by barney
S'ok Fishy, I was posting at bro IbnAbdulHakim's refusal to support anything Israel no matter what it was.
Cure for cancer made by Tel Avive scientists? He'd just be annoyed. IDF defusing a Hamas bomb in a Palastinian school owned by Fatah? 0% support for that sort of stuff.
No one has condemned Jews - at least, not in my hearing. For heaven's sake, Abu Musab al Zarqawi said his people are even allowed to marry them! And Osama bin Laden said they've always lived in peace, side by side. It's that "state" that is causing problems.

The Ninth Scribe
Reply

barney
05-16-2008, 07:46 PM
I'll condem the Jews for several things.
The settlements, breaking UN resolutions and not keeping robust ROE in fighting on several incidents.
Reply

Izyan
05-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
No one has condemned Jews - at least, not in my hearing. For heaven's sake, Abu Musab al Zarqawi said his people are even allowed to marry them! And Osama bin Laden said they've always lived in peace, side by side. It's that "state" that is causing problems.

The Ninth Scribe
What is with you and this glorification of Ahmad Fadeel al-Nazal al-Khalayleh? It's on the same level of the Cult of Personality Stalin built for himself. He was a murderer and a pedophile.
Reply

Izyan
05-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by barney
I'll condem the Jews for several things.
The settlements, breaking UN resolutions and not keeping robust ROE in fighting on several incidents.
And not always negotiating in earnest.
Reply

aadil77
05-16-2008, 07:58 PM
well how about get the afghan law enforcement properly trained to sort out issues like these, then the US army can get lost afterwards
Reply

Ninth_Scribe
05-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Izyan
What is with you and this glorification of Ahmad Fadeel al-Nazal al-Khalayleh? It's on the same level of the Cult of Personality Stalin built for himself. He was a murderer and a pedophile.
He was my soul-mate and I'm still having problems accepting his death. But what I said, in context, stands. No one has said (to me) that they hate Jews or hate Americans. They said they hate the governments, and sometimes that is taken the wrong way.

The Ninth Scribe
Reply

barney
05-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Izyan
And not always negotiating in earnest.
Meh, mebby once or twice. Not so much that.

What I would like to see is Hamas and Fatah scrapping their whole school mindcontrol program and giving some hope to the world that the entirety of the new generation wont be brought up with the single purpose to kill one jew and twenty muslims in a stupid coward-attack.

Taking the Jews schoolbooks as the curriculum would be a start.
Reply

Air Jordan
05-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
He was my soul-mate and I'm still having problems accepting his death. But what I said, in context, stands. No one has said (to me) that they hate Jews or hate Americans. They said they hate the governments, and sometimes that is taken the wrong way.

The Ninth Scribe

Wait a minute, are you taking about Zarqawi? You have got to be kidding. He was a self-agrandizing, murdering sociopath who sent women suicide bombers to kill brides and grooms while he skulked from safe house to safe house like a hirsute cockroach. Which part did you admire... the hirsutism or the cockraoch part?

The good news is he was with friends when he died...a smiling US special forces team looked down on him as he faded.
Reply

Air Jordan
05-18-2008, 05:17 AM
Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
..... No one has said (to me) that they hate Jews or hate Americans. They said they hate the governments, and sometimes that is taken the wrong way.

The Ninth Scribe

Gee... I wonder why that is. Could it be that the government of the US is elected by Americans? Silly, thin-skinned Americans taking offense over such harmless rhetoric.

Here..I'll post a template:

"I don't hate Americans, just their <policies or government>"
Reply

Ninth_Scribe
05-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by barney
I'll condem the Jews for several things.
The settlements, breaking UN resolutions and not keeping robust ROE in fighting on several incidents.
Well, I agree with you on that, but I'm going to be very careful here because there is this problem I've encountered. Namely, what is a Jew? If the identity is a religious one, which is how the identity began, it's not going to be hard for me to resolve. But if the identity has changed, it becomes much more complex, though it's still not impossible for me to resolve.

Religious Jews will have to answer me on charges that they disobeyed Torah concerning what their rightful inheritence is concerning the land of Israel.

Ancestral Jews, in other words, those claiming rights by DNA, will not have it any easier since, by all accounts, their DNA is Babylonian - meaning anyone with that bloodline has a right to the land called Israel.

Neither of these arguments are directed toward the Jewish people as a whole. These issues are strictly for their leaders and their religious scholars. I accuse them of misguiding the people.

The Ninth Scribe
Reply

Ninth_Scribe
05-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Air Jordan
Gee... I wonder why that is. Could it be that the government of the US is elected by Americans? Silly, thin-skinned Americans taking offense over such harmless rhetoric.

Here..I'll post a template:

"I don't hate Americans, just their <policies or government>"
Your sarcasm is funny, but I can assure you, some of the dialogues I've had were made by people who have absolutely no fear of speaking their mind to me... and the very worst insult that I have heard (Ayman Zawahiri) was that Americans (the people in general) are immoral... and, to be honest, I'm not going to even try to argue THAT complaint with him.

The Ninth Scribe
Reply

Ninth_Scribe
05-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Air Jordan
The good news is he was with friends when he died...a smiling US special forces team looked down on him as he faded.
Can't say anything... I gave my word. I'm going to patiently wait the 25 years for classified records to be released. That should wipe the smiles of most faces.

But just so everyone knows, loosing loved ones is a shared misery.

The Ninth Scribe
Reply

kirk
06-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by wth1257
They didn't spread before:?

They did.

The attacks in African countries and the attacks of 9/11 are examples of them spreading.

k
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 02:23 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 02:59 PM
  3. Replies: 175
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 09:14 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 05:42 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!