/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can we choose Islam or ?

Nerd
05-16-2008, 03:21 AM

YUSUFALI: Those whom Allah (in His plan) willeth to guide,- He openeth their breast to Islam; those whom He willeth to leave straying,- He maketh their breast close and constricted, as if they had to climb up to the skies: thus doth Allah (heap) the penalty on those who refuse to believe.

PICKTHAL: And whomsoever it is Allah's will to guide, He expandeth his bosom unto the Surrender, and whomsoever it is His Will to send astray, He maketh his bosom close and narrow as if he were engaged in sheer ascent. Thus Allah layeth ignominy upon those who believe not.

SHAKIR: Therefore (for) whomsoever Allah intends that He would guide him aright, He expands his breast for Islam, and (for) whomsoever He intends that He should cause him to err, He makes his breast strait and narrow as though he were ascending upwards; thus does Allah lay uncleanness on those who do not believe.

Can someone give me the correct interpretation of the above verse?

Does it mean that, only those who Allah Choose can be a Muslim? and the rest cannot?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-16-2008, 08:22 AM
(125. And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam; and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky. Thus Allah puts the wrath on those who believe not.) Allah said,

[فَمَن يُرِدِ اللَّهُ أَن يَهْدِيَهُ يَشْرَحْ صَدْرَهُ لِلإِسْلَـمِ]

(And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam;) He makes Islam easy for him and strengthens his resolve to embrace it, and these are good signs. Allah said in other Ayat,

[أَفَمَن شَرَحَ اللَّهُ صَدْرَهُ لِلإِسْلَـمِ فَهُوَ عَلَى نُورٍ مِّن رَّبِّهِ]

(Is he whose breast Allah has opened to Islam, so that he is in light from His Lord (as he who is a non-Muslim)) [39:22] and,

[وَلَـكِنَّ اللَّهَ حَبَّبَ إِلَيْكُمُ الايمَـنَ وَزَيَّنَهُ فِى قُلُوبِكُمْ وَكَرَّهَ إِلَيْكُمُ الْكُفْرَ وَالْفُسُوقَ وَالْعِصْيَانَ أُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الرَشِدُونَ]

(But Allah has endeared the faith to you and has beautified it in your hearts, and has made disbelief, wickedness and disobedience hated by you. Such are they who are the rightly guided.) [49:7] Ibn `Abbas commented on Allah's statement,

[فَمَن يُرِدِ اللَّهُ أَن يَهْدِيَهُ يَشْرَحْ صَدْرَهُ لِلإِسْلَـمِ]

(And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam;), "Allah says that He will open his heart to Tawhid and faith in Him.'' This is the same as was reported from Abu Malik and several others, and it is sound. Allah's statement,

[وَمَن يُرِدْ أَن يُضِلَّهُ يَجْعَلْ صَدْرَهُ ضَيِّقاً حَرَجاً]

(and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted,) refers to inability to accept guidance, thus being deprived of beneficial faith.

[كَأَنَّمَا يَصَّعَّدُ فِى السَّمَآءِ]

(. ..as if he is climbing up to the sky.) because of the heaviness of faith on him. Sa`id bin Jubayr commented that in this case, "(Islam) finds every path in his heart impassable.'' Al-Hakam bin Aban said that `Ikrimah narrated from Ibn `Abbas that he commented on:

[كَأَنَّمَا يَصَّعَّدُ فِى السَّمَآءِ]

(...as if he is climbing up to the sky), "Just as the Son of Adam cannot climb up to the sky, Tawhid and faith will not be able to enter his heart, until Allah decides to allow it into his heart.'' Imam Abu Ja`far bin Jarir commented: "This is a parable that Allah has given for the heart of the disbeliever, which is completely impassable and closed to faith. Allah says, the example of the disbeliever's inability to accept faith in his heart and that it is too small to accommodate it, is the example of his inability to climb up to the sky, which is beyond his capability and power.'' He also commented on Allah's statement,

[كَذَلِكَ يَجْعَلُ اللَّهُ الرِّجْسَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ لاَ يُؤْمِنُونَ]

(Thus Allah puts the Rijs (wrath) on those who believe not.) "Allah says that just as He makes the heart of whomever He decides to misguide, closed and constricted, He also appoints Shaytan for him and for his likes, those who refused to believe in Allah and His Messenger. Consequently, Shaytan lures and hinders them from the path of Allah.'' `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said that, Rijs, refers to Shaytan, while Mujahid said that it refers to all that does not contain goodness. `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam said that, Rijs, means, `torment'.

[وَهَـذَا صِرَطُ رَبِّكَ مُسْتَقِيماً قَدْ فَصَّلْنَا الآيَـتِ لِقَوْمٍ يَذَّكَّرُونَ - لَهُمْ دَارُ السَّلَـمِ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ وَهُوَ وَلِيُّهُم بِمَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ ]

. . . Source . . .

AntiKarateKid
05-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Allah knows each and every one of us and knows what is fitting for each of us.

Nerd
05-17-2008, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Allah knows each and every one of us and knows what is fitting for each of us.
However, it is mentioned

YUSUFALI: If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
05-18-2008, 07:20 PM
:salamext:

I noticed you ignored my post?

------
05-18-2008, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
However, it is mentioned

YUSUFALI: If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).

Your point being...?

- Qatada -
05-18-2008, 07:41 PM

Allaah Almighty says [translation of the meaning]:

“O My slaves, all of you are astray except those whom I guide, so ask Me for guidance, and I will guide you. O My slaves, all of you are hungry except those whom I feed, so ask me for food and I will feed you. O My slaves, all of you are naked except those whom I clothe, so ask Me for clothing and I will clothe you. … O My slaves, if the first of you and the last of you, your humans and your jinn, were to stand on a single plain and ask of Me and I were to give each one what he asked for, that would not cause any loss to Me greater than what is lost when a needle is dipped into the sea.”

Narrated by Muslim (2577).

There is also a hadith which states that;

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

All of mankind is astray except those who take them steps towards Allaah, in sincerety and with the intention of searching for the truth. Then once they turn to Allaah for that guidance and ask Him of it - then He is the One who guides the hearts. And those who are sincere in wanting to turn away from Allaah, and have the intention that they want to be rebellious against Him - even when the truth becomes clear and manifest to them - then they are lead astray, while they throw themselves into destruction while they percieve it not.

This is explained in the Qur'an when Allaah says (translation of the meaning):

By the night when it covers
And [by] the day when it appears
And [by] He who created the male and female,
Certainly, your efforts and deeds are diverse (different in aims and purposes);

As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah and fears Him,
And believes in the best [reward],
We will make smooth for him the path of ease (goodness).

But he who is greedy miser and thinks himself self-sufficient.
And denies the best [reward],
We will make smooth for him the path for evil;

And what will his wealth benefit him when he goes down (in destruction).

Truly! Ours it is (to give) guidance,

And truly, unto Us (belong) the last (Hereafter) and the first (this world).

Therefore I have warned you of a Fire blazing fiercely (Hell);
None shall enter it save the most wretched,
Who denies and turns away.

But the righteous one will avoid it -
[He] who gives [from] his wealth to purify himself

And not [giving] for anyone who has [done him] a favor to be rewarded

But only seeking the countenance of his Lord, Most High.

He surely will be pleased (when he will enter Paradise).

[Qur'an Surah Layl (the Night) 92]

Since we do not know what is in our destiny, we strive to draw closer to Allaah by asking Him for guidance, by striving towards His obedience. Without a doubt, those who strive towards Him sincerely, He will grant them Paradise, but those who reject the Promise of Allah and remain ungrateful, choosing misguidance over guidance - then they have none to blame but themselves. We pray to Allaah to make us of the people of His Paradise, ameen.

Amat Allah
05-18-2008, 08:00 PM
you have to ask Allah saying Allah if you are realy extant please guide me, with a real sincere request of giudance walk to Allah and he will run to you ...anyway I agree with my brother Qatada...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.