Potential “risk” factors that may contribute to a marriage heading for divorce:
* Having a personality tendency to react strongly or defensively to problems and disappointments in life
* Having divorced parents.
* Living together prior to marriage.
* Being previously divorced, yourself or your partner.
* Having children from a previous marriage.
* Having different religious backgrounds.
* Marrying at a very young age (for example, at the age of eighteen or nineteen; the average these days is about twenty-five or twenty-six years of age for first marriages).
* Knowing each other for only a short time before marriage.
* Experiencing financial hardship.