/* */

PDA

View Full Version : True Love

usaith
05-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Asalamu alaikum warahmatuallah wabarakatuhu

Dear brothers and sisters...I pray that you are all in the highest state of faith and health, and insha allah, your minds and hearts are full of love for Allah subhana wa ta.alaa, His messenger, peace be upon him, and your fellow Muslim brothers and sisters. Alhamdulilaah, as Muslims, we learn that Allah azza wa jal, in His infinite mercy and love for us, asks us to reciprocate that love to Him through obedience, and to spread it among ourselves. In this way, we can strengthen the bonds within our communities and with our Creator. Part of this love entails having mercy and compassion for our brothers and sisters, and loving them regardless of their shortcomings and faults. For, we all know that NO ONE is perfect, save Allah azza wa jal. Allah subhana wa ta.alaa says in suurat al Hujurat, ayat 11-12,

"O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used by one) after he has believed: and those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong."

"O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: and spy not on each other, nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it...but fear Allah: for Allah is oft-Returning, Most Merciful."

and in suurat an-Nur, ayat 24, Allah azza wa jal says,

"...let them forgive and overlook, do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

The perfect example of this can be seen with the kind and merciful behavior of Abu ad-Darda', May Allah be pleased with him, one of the companions of the Prophet, peace be upon him:

Once Abu ad-Darda was going about in his way, when he came upon a group of people who had gathered around a man whom they were beating and cursing. He asked them what the problem was, and they told him that the man had done something very sinful. Abu ad-Darda' said to them,

"If he had fallen into a well, would you not have pulled him out?"
"Of course we would have" they said.
"Do not curse or beat him then. Instead explain to him and enlighten him, and praise Allah subhana wa ta.alaa for saving you from falling into the same sin," he said.
"Do you not hate him?" they asked Abu ad-Darda'.
"I only hate what he has done and if he repents of it, he is my brother."

When the man whom they were beating heard this, he began to weep, and said that he repented and would not return to his sin.

Subhana allah, his mercy and kindness sets an example for all of us...how many times do we see someone doing something un-Islamic, and the first thing we think or say is something negative and critical about that person, instead of thinking positively, "Oh, my poor brother/sister in Islam, I must help him/her to improve...maybe he/she didn't know that what they did was wrong, maybe I can advise him/her and inshaalah, and help to bring both of us closer to Allah subhana wa ta.alaa."

Like Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, once said,

"You see the believers as regards to their being merciful among themselves and showing love among themselves and being kind, resembling one body, so that, if any part of the body is not well then the whole body shares the sleeplessness (insomnia) and fever with it." Sahih al-Bukhari Vol. 8 : No. 40

The love and mercy shown by the Prophet, peace be upon him and his companions, may Allah be pleased with them, is unmatched to today... and that is why WE must strive to achieve that level of love in our hearts...for Allah subhana wa ta.alaa, for the Prophet, peace be upon him, and for each other...this true love will then manifest itself in ourselves and our communities, and perpetuate the true meaning of Islam

I ask Allah subhana wa ta.alaa to forgive me for any of my shortcomings...all praises are due to Him only, and anything good that has come of this is from Allah azza wa jal and anything bad is from my own shortcomings and shaytan...Please forgive me if I have offended anyone, as that was not my intention...I pray that Allah subhana wa ta.alaa will accept this humble work for his sake...and inshaalah, I hope that all of us will continue to strive for the sake of Allah subhana wa ta.alaa. May we all meet in highest level of paradise... ameen.

May Allah azza wa jal continue to guide and protect us on our journey to the highest level of paradise...

Wasalamu alaikum warahmatuallahi wabarakaatuhu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
05-17-2008, 05:30 PM
:sl:

I hope that all of us will continue to strive for the sake of Allah subhana wa ta.alaa. May we all meet in highest level of paradise... ameen.

May Allah azza wa jal continue to guide and protect us on our journey to the highest level of paradise...
InshaAllaah & Aameen!

MashaAllaalh, very beneficial sharing, lots of things 2 learn...:thumbs_up
Jazaakallaah khayr.

:w:

Güven
05-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Ameeen brother, Nice share
Jazakallahu Khair :D

Nájlá
05-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Jazakallahu Khair bro

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Soulja Girl
05-17-2008, 07:22 PM
:sl:

Jazakallah khair for sharing, that was really interesting mashallah. :)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.