/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Always doing wrong

Neo-Tech
05-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Assalam Alykum,
I have a very bad problem and it's making me feel bad more and more each day. I keep on doing bad things and talking about bad things and everytime I do it, after a while I ask myself why did I do that and gives me more worries for the Aakhirah.
Please give me some advice Muslim Brothers & Sisters
Mohsin

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
05-20-2008, 10:25 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Jannah isn't easy to obtain my brother. If you really are worried about the Akhirah and you really want Jannah, you have to work your socks off for a chance to gain entery into it. The Quran is there for your Guidence. The Sunnah is there to support and inspire you in following that Guidence.

The Abode of ever-lasting bliss is yours to have if you refrain from all that displeases Allah. Bear in mind that Allah will do no injustice and will judge and give you fairly what you deserve. If you really want the blessing of Paradise then you have to gain control of your nafs. Remember every action of yours is recorded. But look at the Mercy of Allah swt.. He will reward you for having the intention of doing good, even if you're unable to fulfil it. Yet your bad intention won't be punished until you have carried it out. SubhanAllah!

Think about this bro...

You get 10 rewards for saying 'aslam alaikum'

20 for saying 'aslam alaikum wa rahmatullah

30 for 'aslam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakahtuhu

That's just for saying salam. Then imagine the rewards and blessings if you replaced all the bad words you utter and bad deeds you commit with good ones? Allah swt says in the Quran:

"And perform Salat, at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night (i.e. the five compulsory Daly prayers). Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds. That is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice)."

Not only does Allah reward your good deeds but He wipes away your bad deeds through them. Can we not show our gratitude by refraining from what displeases Him? You would NOT do anything to displease a PERSON you love, then why do that which displeases Allah while claiming to love Him?

It's all in your control bro. You can guard your tongue and yourself from wrong-doing. It all depends how much you love Allah and how much you fear His punishments. It all depends where you want your final destination to be.
It's all up to you. And may Allah swt, make it easy for you.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Assalamu ALaikum wa rahmatullaah

bro do you observe your five times salaah at its correct times?

because if you pray fajr and then pray zuhr, you have wiped out minor sins from zuhr to fajr, and then if you pray asr it continues. So Always observe ur salaah, establish it! and inshaAllaah everything else will be allright :)

cute123
05-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Be Patient !

Abstract from Patience and Gratitude: Ibn Al Qayyim

Further definition of patience
A scholar said: “To have patience means that one’s common sense and religious motives are stronger than one’s whims and desires.” It is natural for people to have an inclination towards their desires, but common sense and the religious motive should limit that inclination. The two forces are at war: sometimes reason and religion win, and sometimes whims and desires prevail. The battlefield is the heart of man.Patience has many other names, according to the situation. If patience consists of restraining sexual desire, it is called honour, the opposite of which is adultery and promiscuity. If it consists of controlling one’s stomach, it is called self-control, the opposite of which is greed. It if consists of keeping quiet about that which is not fit to disclose, it is called discretion, the opposite of which is disclosing secrets, lying, slander or libel. If it consists of being content with what is sufficient for one’s needs, it is called abstemiousness, the opposite of which is covetousness. If it consists of controlling one’s anger, then it is called forbearance, the opposite of which is impulsiveness and hasty reaction. If it consists of refraining from haste, then it called gracefulness and steadiness,
the opposite of which is to be hotheaded. If it consists of refraining from running away, then it is called courage, the opposite of which is cowardice. If it consists of refraining from taking revenge, then it is called forgiveness, the opposite of which is revenge. If it consists of refraining from being stingy, then it is called generosity, the opposite of which is miserliness. If it consists of refraining from being lazy and helpless, then it is called dynamism and initiative. If it consists of refraining from blaming and accusing other people, then it is called chivalry (muru’ah literally “manliness”).

Different names may be applied to patience in different situations, but all are covered bythe idea of patience. This shows that Islâm in its totality is based on patience.

Is it possible to obtain the quality of patience?

If a person does not naturally possess the characteristic of patience, he can attain this characteristic by acting as if he does possess it, until it eventually becomes second nature.This is what the Prophet (SAAS) has told us in the hadith: “Whoever tries to be patient,then Allâh will help him to be patient.” A person can also strive to control sexual desire and lower his gaze until these too become second nature. The same applies to all other
desirable characteristics such as steadiness, generosity and courage.

The whole book can be downloaded.
http://kalamullah.com/Books/Patience_and_Gratitude.pdf

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Neo-Tech
05-27-2008, 05:30 AM
Jazakallah for this information.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.