/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Golden Age

crayon
05-18-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm pretty sure we're all aware that Islam went through a Golden Age, but just how awesome was it?

I knew about it in general, that there were advances in science, astronomy, math, etc, but then I stumbled upon this wiki article about it. It's crazy! The range of things that were invented/discovered/improved is simply amazing.

I've just skimmed through the article, but I plan on reading it from start to finish inshallah. I found it really interesting and just thought I'd share...

ISLAMIC GOLDEN AGE

But I just have one question. What happened?..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
05-18-2008, 11:24 PM
:sl:

By Allah, it is not the poverty about which I fear in regard to you but I am afraid in your case that (the worldly) riches way be given to you as were given to those who had gone before you and you begin to vie with one another for them as they vied for them. and these may destroy you as these destroyed them. [Saheeh Muslim]

Excess wealth coupled with the giving up of core values (fear of Allah and holding strongly to the Quran and Sunnah) is what happened. I'm not sayin that they didn't fear Allah at all or anything, but with each passing generation the Muslims became wealthier and pre-occupied with this wealth and prosperity...they didn't treat their wealth the way the sahabahs did. You'd think with the amount of wealth the Muslim leaders have today, they'd be still be making such advances. But nopes, they're lacking something which previous generations had... May Allah guide them and us all. Ameen!

I read this in the Al Maghrib forum...it was something the Sheikh told them during an Al Maghrib seminar:
One of the kings said to the Muslims when they were victorious: "You have victory because you are following your prophet and we are not. But when you become like us, equal with us, and stop following him, you will lose it as we have. And then, we will get it back from you as we have experience and are greater in numbers."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.