/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dawah story

WaAlaikum
05-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Dear muslim friends,

Yesterday I tried for the first time to give Dawah in my entire life. I did it over the net and posted on a forum. The people there were not receptive to the message of Islam or to anything I had to say. They said you can pick any religion to help you deal with your problems and they are pretty much all the same in terms of their effectiveness. I got a headache now and I do not want to give Dawah anymore at this moment. I was overconfident and cocky and I kind of ruined things with my overconfidence. It is safe to say that my first Dawah experience was a rather drepressing one. But I did learn some valuable lessons:

1) Don't try to force the issue
2) Don't try to force the issue
3) Do not try to force the issue

Overconfidence and forcing the issue is the killer of all Dawa'h. I need to go back to the Drawing board and figure out a better way...

Until then,
Kenan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Thread Approved

Ali.
05-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Sorry to hear that it didn't go well, but atleast you learnt a vital lesson ready for the future. We learn from our mistakes anyway, so it's nothing to be too angry/worried about. :)

- Qatada -
05-18-2008, 06:37 PM
:salamext:

Bro, i'll give u some really good advice - if you feel that you'll get tired against all the opposition - to make things simple - simply paste a really user friendly, easy going Islamic site which is trustworthy behind you - so even if you never check that site out again - you know that you've left a link behind which others can benefit from if they're interested.

a good example of that type of site is: http://islamreligion.com

Then just run away and continue in sharing the site to other forums, its much easier this way and much more beneficial i think.

By the way, you should also meet up with other du'aat to get tips off them, and to unite in the same purpose of dawah - that's why we created this site: http://idawah.com

I think using the first idea is the most effective insha Allah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.