/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamualaikum, salutations from the sunny island of Singapore

shakylla
05-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Salam to all, I'm a newbie here wanting to say hello. As my thread title would already suggest, I reside in the small island of Singapore (and, no, that's not in China). I'm a born Muslim, and am very grateful for that. However, I never was practicing until about a few years ago. I didn't start wearing the hijab until recently as well. So, the perception of every born-Muslim as "complete" and "pious" servants of Allah is rather skewed, sad to say. But I'm glad to have been guided to the right path. I can't really explain how I've changed for the better, I just did. The wonders of Allah (swt), eh?

As any other God-fearing Muslim, I want to acquire as much Islamic knowledge as possible. There's not a day where I don't contemplate about Judgment Day, and whether I would be dragged into Hell face-first (yikes) or resting on reclined seats under a shade along with my fellow brothers and sisters. As a teenager, I have much to learn about this beautiful (and, logical) way of life. I do slip up here and there, though, with such temptation surrounding me. Plus, I have plenty of questions inside this noggin of mine. So, I hope that this forum (top-notch, I should say) would be able to help me with the time Allah (swt) has given me. Slowly, but surely.

With that, I shall end my speech. HAH.

Salam :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-19-2008, 01:51 AM
:sl:

sis , welcome to the forum.

PL. ask ur questions. InshaAllah we will try to ans :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-19-2008, 02:45 AM
:w: sis

Welcome to LI and congrats on u startin the hijab, MashaAllah. It's been recent for me too, 3 yrs to be exact :) InshaAllah I hope you will find this forum beneficial and please ask whatever questions that haven't been asked :) See you around the forum sister, InshaAllah.

Zarmina
05-19-2008, 06:36 AM

Welcome aboard. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cute123
05-19-2008, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the forum ! Hope u enjoy ur stay. Singapore as heard is very Islamic right

shakylla
05-19-2008, 08:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
Welcome to the forum ! Hope u enjoy ur stay. Singapore as heard is very Islamic right
Thanks for the welcome!

I wouldn't say the country's very Islamic, but the government's done quite a bit in ensuring Muslim rights are observed in as many places as possible. I can safely say, I don't have to worry about the food in MacDonald's because it's certified 'Halal' everywhere on the island. Haha.

However, most of us Muslims - even me sometimes - have taken for granted how fortunate we are.

:X

Layla454
05-19-2008, 12:36 PM
:w:

Welcome!

Soulja Girl
05-19-2008, 12:54 PM

Welcome to LI sis! :D Hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

:w:

Souljette
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM

Inshallah you will benefit frm this forum and may we be able to help you

M H Kahn
05-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the forum! Your presence will contribute to the understanding of the deen.

------
05-20-2008, 08:54 AM
:salamext:

Peace!

If u have any questions, please ask!

Enjoy....and be a good member and stay active :D

I hope to have good debates with you :okay:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.