/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If Your desire in Jannah is...?

------
05-19-2008, 08:49 AM
:salamext:

I was just wondering, lets say you love someone in this life and you don't get married to them - inshaaAllaah when we go Jannah, if we want them there, will we get them? Even though they weren't your husband in this life?

If you get where I'm coming from....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
05-19-2008, 09:13 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

I believe so inshaAllah, because Allah swt says:

Platters and cups of gold will be passed around among them, and they will have there all that their hearts desire and in which their eyes find delight. You will remain in it timelessly, forever. (Surat az-Zukhruf, 71)

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-19-2008, 09:37 AM
you know how easily dreams can make you forget your sorrows and pain thus bringing you delight. How easily you can flow there-in smile and be merry sometimes... some dreams just bring this huge comfort to your heart, you may have noticed..

i think jannah will be that comfort magnified a million times. The yearnings of the dunya will most likely cease, and you will have whatever your heart desires.

inshaAllaah

Assalamu Alaikum

------
05-19-2008, 10:10 AM

What if they don't love you when they die and don't wanna be with you in jannah?

What if someone else loves them more than you do and wants them in jannah?

Sorry for the unnecessary questioning... :-[

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
05-19-2008, 10:17 AM
^ i got one huge what if for you ukhtee and i want you to seriously think about this.

what if Allaah causes your hearts to be satisfied and in no need for the person in question?

in jannah you will have what you desire... khalas..

Snowflake
05-19-2008, 10:20 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

@brok3n
What if you don't want them once YOU see jannah? That is a possibility no? Remember in Jannah our mindset will be totally different to how it is now. However if one still desires something, it isn't hard for Allah to make their wish come true. We can't comprehend how it will happen, but if we love Allah we just have to believe that if He says we will get all our heart's desires, then we will. :D

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Tania
05-19-2008, 11:34 AM
The perfect love is the one which is only in your dreams. You never had the chance to see his faults, he never hurt you. Why you don't try to see how it is him in reality :? Can you do that :?

crayon
05-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Yup, I completely agree with brother IbnAbdulHakim.

The way I think of it, is that in Jannah, we will be happy. If you being with this person makes you happy, you will be with them. If for any reason that is not possible (though anything is possible with Allah, of course), Allah will make you happy. By satisfying you with other things/people, by giving you someone far better than this person, by just having you forget about them altogether... Anything that will make you happy, Allah will do.

edit- Let me put it this way. You want to be happy, right? Can't Allah, the one who created the entire universe, make you happy? Of course. So we don't need to know how he does it, just be sure that it will fulfill your heart's desire.

AvarAllahNoor
05-20-2008, 12:51 AM
What can be more pleasing than setting eyes on the Lord Master of all the Creation and Beyond? NOTHING. All desires shall vanish.

Tania
05-20-2008, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
What can be more pleasing than setting eyes on the Lord Master of all the Creation and Beyond? NOTHING. All desires shall vanish.
I have the feeling, enjoying the life created for us, we are more grateful, than what you wrote.

barney
05-20-2008, 06:50 AM
What about if you desire to be with someone and being with that person has obsessed your life,but that person although unaware of this unrequited love,is totally disgusted by you when they see you in Jannah. Would you still get them? What if they want someone else?

Tania
05-20-2008, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
What about if you desire to be with someone and being with that person has obsessed your life,but..?
Obsession is not love. Its an illness. Should be treated.

------
05-20-2008, 08:08 AM

^ Please stay on topic. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

islamirama
05-21-2008, 04:51 AM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

As others have pointed out, what your heart desires you will get. The whole point is to make it there first. All of us dream of jannah but how many actually work for it? The very first and foremost step is to make sure you are going to jannah, and that is by doing everything that increases your chances of being janati. Once your there inshallah, then no worries cause whatever you want you get cause you earned.

But even so, jannah has rules and regulations as well. If you want to get with a lady then you get married and not just take her ( or him). So even up there, there is order and guidelines. So what if you want someone but they want someone else. Firstly, once we are there then we may want the same stuff we want not or we may want something better. It is also possible that you may still want that person but they want someone else or were married to someone else and will like to continue with them. It maybe that Allah give you someone better than him and it will please you more.

Think of it like this, a kid wants a cup of ice cream badly. The parents say no, he has to do his chores first then he can have whatever he wants. He does his chores but that ice cream is taken by someone else, now what? As a parent you offer him a whole box of ice cream that is similar but tastes either just as good or even better. Do you think kid will think twice about that one cup he wanted so badly?

Anyways, bottom line is this. Our aim is to make it to jannah first inshallah. Once we get there then ask Allah whatever you want and not worry about whether you will get it or not, who better to ask and who better to fulfill your needs than Allah?

------
05-22-2008, 10:39 AM

I asked this question on Islamtoday.com and this is the answer I received, Alhamdulillah.

Dear questioner:

Al-Salâm `Alaykum wa Rahmah Allah wa Barakâtuh.

We cannot speak about such matters beyond what is explicitly stated in the sacred texts, since the hereafter is a matter of the Unseen.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah said: ‘I have prepared for my righteous servants what no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no heart human has ever as a notion of.’ So read if you will: ‘No soul knows what is kept hidden for them of joy.’ [Sûrah al-Sajdah: 17]” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever enters Paradise, will enjoy a life of luxury and never feel deprivation, his clothes will never wear out, his youth will never fade. In Paradise there is what no eye has ever seen, no ear has ever heard, and has never crossed the mind of man.” [Sahîh Muslim]

We must suffice with Allah's promise in the Qur'ân: "And you will have therein what your souls desire, and you will have what you ask for." [Sûrah Fussilat: 31]

Allah knows best how He will reward us and how He will resolve such issues for us. We must trust in Allah.

And Allah knows best.

Fatwâ Department Research Committee of IslamToday Chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî

------
05-22-2008, 02:01 PM

InshaaAllaah thread can be closed, seeing as we have a fatwa now =)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.