/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why no Hijab for men??

Nerd
05-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Men are reasonably beautiful, compared to women. If so why aren't men required to cover themselves up? Would not a half naked man, produce as much as lust in the heart of women?

This is one, argument that Muslim's face, hope one of u can explain this for us

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Hey

I don't think women get aroused when they see a half naked man, the same way as men do when they see a half naked woman.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-19-2008, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
Men are reasonably beautiful, compared to women. If so why aren't men required to cover themselves up? Would not a half naked man, produce as much as lust in the heart of women?

This is one, argument that Muslim's face, hope one of u can explain this for us
heres my answeR:

see :D ^ doesnt he look so modest :ooh:
mashaAllaah indeed the BEARD can be considered the mans veil as it does help to veil some beauty... yet some think it beautifies further *confused*

i guess it just repels away the nasty ones.

and yeah what the sister said, they seem to have less lust i think, wallahu a'lam

Assalamu alaikum

youngsister
05-19-2008, 09:56 AM
:sl:
^ Is that osama?:X:X:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
05-19-2008, 09:57 AM
:salamext:

^ Na'am. (Yes)

Snowflake
05-19-2008, 10:01 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

The man's hijab is the lowering of his gaze and the covering of his awrah (naval to knees). His clothing should be loose so as not to show the outline of the parts required covering.

According to an international study, men are attracted to women for their looks and women go for security and wealth. Another study (Oakland University) found that 83% of men rated looks as important compared to 54% of women.

Also...
On visual stimulation/sex drive: men had greater activity in the amygdala and hypothalamus than did women, writes Hamann. Women showed no significant activation in these regions.
Stephan Hamann, PhD, Nature Neuroscience.

It's a fact that men love looking at women and even when with a woman they still suffer from the 'wandering eye' syndrome. Also a woman can look at a man and just appreciate his looks and nothing more, but for men in general it goes beyond that and even leads to approaching women ands harrassing them. So it makes sense that a woman should cover up to protect herself from unwanted attention.

However both men and women can feel desire, albeit on different levels when looking at the opposite sex. This is why Islam has told both men and women to lower the gaze. So a woman shouldn't be looking at a man even if he is half dressed.

On a practical level, it's a man's duty to provide for his family and they have to do all sorts of work i.e. building, farming etc... Allah has made Islam easy for us. Imagine how difficult it would be for a man to be doing those jobs fully dressed?

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

------
05-19-2008, 10:03 AM

^ Nicely explained mashaaAllaah :)

Snowflake
05-19-2008, 10:05 AM
=IbnAbdulHakim;945102]heres my answeR:

the mans veil as it does help to veil some beauty... yet some think it beautifies further *confused*
I think it enhances it. Most men without a beard look kinda feminine to me. +o(

i guess it just repels away the nasty ones.
:haha:

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

youngsister
05-19-2008, 10:05 AM

^ I agree sis, cant imagine men wearing niqab:omg::D

About the osama pic OK!:X
:w:

------
05-19-2008, 10:09 AM

I think it enhances it. Most men without a beard look kinda feminine to me.
Exactly my thoughts.

Nerd
05-19-2008, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -
Hey

I don't think women get aroused when they see a half naked man, the same way as men do when they see a half naked woman.
Are you implying that that "hijab" symbolizes a ‘cover’ or a ‘protection’ from the ‘uncontrollable libido’ of men.

If that is the case it would symbolize women’s liability to exploitation in the public domain: which can sadly be used as an excuse and a means to oppress them economically, socially, and individually

But, again, as a matter of fact, Hijab is seen as a defence women are supposed to use against this sort of oppression or exploitation or harassment or men’s libido.

AvarAllahNoor
05-19-2008, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I think it enhances it. Most men without a beard look kinda feminine to me. +o(

Hence why SIkhs are told to never shave the hair. Allah has permitted the growth, who are we to change his will!

Sikhs are told to wear the turban, as God is everywhere (Jews do this too). Women are told to wear a veil for the same reason.

------
05-19-2008, 03:05 PM

Are you implying that that "hijab" symbolizes a ‘cover’ or a ‘protection’ from the ‘uncontrollable libido’ of men.
Yup.

wth1257
05-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I think it enhances it. Most men without a beard look kinda feminine to me. +o(.
:raging::raging::raging:

YOU'RE FEMININE!!!!!:X

That insult dosen't work so well with weomen I suppose:laugh:

:p:D:)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Well to be honest, I find it feminine. If men were meant to shave their beards, why would u grow one in the first place =/ I personally don't think it looks good. I mean unless u want to look like another woman....:X

Cabdullahi
05-19-2008, 09:56 PM
that pic of osama is not really osama its a fake

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-19-2008, 09:57 PM
^Lol ;D

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
that pic of osama is not really osama its a fake
Yeh LOL ! I thought i was the only one to think that! lol

Cabdullahi
05-19-2008, 10:04 PM
last time osama was videod and the video was authentic he was very ill and all of a sudden a few years down the line another video props up showing him looking fat and as healthy as ever

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 10:05 PM
last time osama was videod and the video was authentic he was very ill and all of a sudden a few years down the line another video props up showing him looking fat and as healthy as ever
Loooool i wonder why.. hehe

were u the one who said he is dead?

Cabdullahi
05-19-2008, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Loooool i wonder why.. hehe

were u the one who said he is dead?
yeah that dude is gone, long gone, hes dead just this week he released a tape and the media is going bananas

truemuslim
05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
yeah that dude is gone, long gone, hes dead just this week he released a tape and the media is going bananas

Loool
so he sending the tapes out slowly...wait, no his people are sending the tapes in slowly. interesting...sneaky person lol
how u kno he dead?

Nerd
05-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Does Osama wear a Hijab to hide from American soldiers? :P

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-20-2008, 01:38 AM
Yea his beard.

P.S. We are kinda off topic.

Peace

Armand
05-20-2008, 07:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
heres my answeR:

see :D ^ doesnt he look so modest :ooh:
mashaAllaah indeed the BEARD
Who is that odd looking man?

Malaikah
05-20-2008, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Sikhs are told to wear the turban, as God is everywhere (Jews do this too). Women are told to wear a veil for the same reason.
Muslim women don't where the hijab for that reason! We only were it to cover us from men - it's modesty. And obviously, we wear it because God told us too.

Not sure what reason you are talking about...

------
05-20-2008, 08:07 AM

Reminder: Please stay on topic. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

aamirsaab
05-20-2008, 08:18 AM

Easy question. I explained this in my psychology thread. Which I shall now plug!.

Women, psychologically, have more areas of their body that are attractive. Hair is one of them. Hijab covers the hair to prevent others gazing at them.

Men on the other hand have less factors. The important one is the build (size is also important but you cannot really hide that if you're a monster 6'11!) - God has told the males to also cover up. But, since our hair is not a form of attraction for the opposite sex, we don't get/have to wear the hijab.

Also, the beard acts as a form of covering. Not sure the exact psychological reasons (since that part of the male isn't really seen as attractive....but oh well)

north_malaysian
05-20-2008, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister

^ I agree sis, cant imagine men wearing niqab:omg::D
Michael Jackson did that when he was in Bahrain.:exhausted

Nerd
05-20-2008, 08:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Muslim women don't where the hijab for that reason! We only were it to cover us from men - it's modesty.
if wearing the Hijab is a way of showing to the world how modest you are.

showing off is vain

vanity is immodest

ergo, veiling is immodest

QED

crayon
05-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Are you kidding me? How does that even make sense?

So in your opinion nuns wear their habit to show off their modesty, and therefore are immodest?

------
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM

showing off is vain

vanity is immodest

QED
in simple english?

Nerd
05-20-2008, 10:19 AM
^ Showing off is a kind of vanity and vanity is immodest, if you are wearing to the hijab to show off your modesty that makes it vain: making it immodest

crayon
05-20-2008, 10:21 AM
We do not wear hijab to show off our modesty, we wear our hijab to be modest.

------
05-20-2008, 10:23 AM

^ That don't make sense @ Nerd. Lemme make it clear for you - women cover up because they belong to a man (their hubby or future to be) - if you had something really precious, you wudnt want people to share it with you, would u? The same way women keep themselves covered up for that one person...

I dunno whether i explained it well.... Hmm...

IbnAbdulHakim
05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
if wearing the Hijab is a way of showing to the world how modest you are.

showing off is vain

vanity is immodest

QED
if veiling is immodest the opposite must be modest to show everything?

what a sick-O

Umar001
05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Aww what happend to my post...opps.

Anyhow, this is what it said kinda,

Hijab linguistic is not the same, to some extent as the technical term. Hijab may mean screen and so forth, check surah Maryam when Mary, peace be upon him, took a screen, I think ayah 17. Now, your question should be, why is the male hijab different to the female.

As for the Immortal and modesty thing I think he is right, but he is generalising, for example, salah is obligatory, but if one does it to show off, then it can have the opposite effect! Similarly hijab is obligatory, but if someone wears it to show off that they are supposedly modest they it may be wrong?

But the whole point is that this is not the general reason, it is not the religious reason, noone should wear hijab to SHOW OFF their modesty, they may wear it to show that they try to be modest, or they wear it because they believe God has told them to.

Nerd
05-20-2008, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
We do not wear hijab to show off our modesty, we wear our hijab to be modest.
But isn't rather to submit to the command of Allah

Nerd
05-20-2008, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

As for the Immortal and modesty thing I think he is right, but he is generalising, for example, salah is obligatory, but if one does it to show off, then it can have the opposite effect! Similarly hijab is obligatory, but if someone wears it to show off that they are supposedly modest they it may be wrong?

But the whole point is that this is not the general reason, it is not the religious reason, noone should wear hijab to SHOW OFF their modesty, they may wear it to show that they try to be modest, or they wear it because they believe God has told them to.
Exactly thoughts on the issue Brother

------
05-20-2008, 10:38 AM
But isn't rather to submit to the command of Allah
That comes into BEING MODEST... ! :-\

Nerd
05-20-2008, 10:44 AM
That comes into BEING MODEST... ! :-\
Yep. Its simply a package deal, you aren't wearing the hijab to show off your modesty (if thats the intention than it is indeed in vain you are wearing the hijab making it immodest); But rather you wear the Hijab to submit to Allah

------
05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
So erm whats the problem then?

Nerd
05-20-2008, 10:51 AM
So erm whats the problem then?
The problem was, when some take hijab as a means to show off their modesty

------
05-20-2008, 10:54 AM

^ thats just daft

Qurratul Ayn
05-20-2008, 10:55 AM

But why show off modesty?!

Hijaab is a protection against Shaytaan and evil deeds. Also, it is Fard upon women.

Snowflake
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
^ Showing off is a kind of vanity and vanity is immodest, if you are wearing to the hijab to show off your modesty that makes it vain: making it immodest

Like Crayon sis said, Hijab isn't showing off modesty, it's being modest!

And let me tell you one thing straight Nerd! And hopefully you will see why Hijab is recommened.

Before I wore hijab, I used to mostly wear my hair down. I wished to God I had been put in Hijab the same time as I was put in my first nappy. Because it so happened that a postman I'd often bump into at my friends door noticed my hair and must've wondered how it would feel like to touch it. Yes he did wonder because he bloody touched it and commented on it!!!!!!!!!!! I got so angry and offended and God knows what I said. But that never would've happened if I'd been wearing Hijab.

Women can't stop men being pervs, but they can stop men acting like pervs towards themselves by covering up And using the hijab as PROTECTION.

Look at the amount of women in the workforce who make complaints of sexual harrassment while going to work with low-cut tops and skimpy skirts. They are the one's who are oppressed because they can't dress as they want without getting sexually harrassed. They can't walk past a building site without being told to "show us your **** darling!" You call that freedom? I've never seen a woman more oppressed than in the western society.

Peace :D

Qurratul Ayn
05-20-2008, 11:06 AM

Look at the amount of women in the workforce who make complaints of sexual harrassment while going to work with low-cut tops and skimpy skirts. They are the one's who are oppressed because they can't dress as they want without getting sexually harrassed. They can't walk past a building site without being told to "show us your **** darling!" You call that freedom? I've never seen a woman more oppressed than in the western society.

Now, that is so true Sister Muslimah_Sis!

I wear it too now and I feel so secure and protected! Subhan'Allaah!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Like Crayon sis said, Hijab isn't showing off modesty, it's being modest!

And let me tell you one thing straight Nerd! And hopefully you will see why Hijab is recommened.

Before I wore hijab, I used to mostly wear my hair down. I wished to God I had been put in Hijab the same time as I was put in my first nappy. Because it so happened that a postman I'd often bump into at my friends door noticed my hair and must've wondered how it would feel like to touch it. Yes he did wonder because he bloody touched it and commented on it!!!!!!!!!!! I got so angry and offended and God knows that I said. But that never would've happened if I'd been wearing Hijab.

Women can't stop men being pervs, but they can stop men acting like pervs towards themselves by covering up And using the hijab as PROTECTION.

Peace :D

Exactly!

ajazz
05-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Assalamualykum

Latina converts look for answers in Islam

“I feel more protected,” Turbides said.
“Men used to shout things at me when I was walking down the street.
They would honk their horns.
When I wear the hijab, nobody says anything.”

http://tinyurl.com/5yfqg5

for believers it is enough that Allah(swt) commands for women to cover and for men to lower gaze and cover minimum form navel to knees

no justification no arguments thats it because Allah(swt) knows best the creator of everything.

aadil77
05-29-2008, 09:40 PM
subhanAllah can't get clearer than that^ :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.