/* */

PDA

View Full Version : marriage of a muslim and a non-believer?

brokenhearted
05-20-2008, 02:15 AM
Salaams,

I am hoping beyond hope that there is some islamically justifiable way for a muslim man and a non-believing woman to marry.

i have had the most beautiful and amazing relationship which has just been broken off after over a year, and i'm wracking my brain trying to come up with solutions on how we can be together.

I am from North America, he is from coastal east Africa, and we are so in love, and both want so much to be togther. But he has rejected our relationship after all this time because it is wrong in the eyes of Islam. Is there any way Islam would sanction such a relationship?

I can not convert, as I don't even believe in god, and i have searched myself on this. For me Islam has too many rules for how i have grown up thinking about the world, its not a change i can make. Although I so wish that i could; it would be so easy!

All advice appreciated!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Greetings brokenhearted

I am not a Muslim, but I fear that the answer will be No. :(

As a Muslim man, the man you love would according to Islam only be allowed to marry a Muslim woman or a 'women of the Book' (a Christian or a Jewish woman) - but no follower of any other religion or of no religion.

If you are true to your conviction that there is no God, and he is true to his Islamic faith, then I am afraid marriage (or any relationship for that matter) will be impossible for you.

Sorry :( ... I hope you both find happiness and fulfillment.

Snowflake
05-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Greetings brokenhearted,

As a fellow humanbeing I feel your pain but what Glo said is right. However I pray that Allah guides you to the Truth and opens your heart to the wisdom in it's teachings. Ameen.

Peace.

Souljette
05-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
05-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey

But he has rejected our relationship after all this time because it is wrong in the eyes of Islam.
He has a point. Islamically, Muslim men cannot marry Atheists. Only Muslim/Christian/Jewish women, although preferably Muslim.

i have had the most beautiful and amazing relationship which has just been broken off after over a year
What did that beautiful relationship involve, I wonder? Maybe your 'guy' has come to his senses and left you? No offence or anything... but he wasn't even allowed to have a relationship with you in the first place. A guy and girl and only have a relationship after marriage in Islaam.

I can not convert, as I don't even believe in god, and i have searched myself on this.
You couldn't convert for the sake of marrying him anyway, because that isn't true conversion. Maybe you haven't searched far enough for God, because ... [I won't get into a debate here].

May Allaah guide you, Ameen.

MartyrX
05-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Converting for him would be the wrong way to go.

And just like everyone else has already said the answer would be no. I'm sorry.

Mikayeel
05-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Like the above people said conversion has to be done for the sake of Allah:)

Read more upon islam, read onto why these rules are set(there is a reason for everthing) and by God will you will have a better picture of it.

I wish you the best of luck!

:w:

Tania
05-23-2008, 07:19 PM
I agree with Serene on the issue. I believe he found the most "legal excuse" to leave you - the religion. He knew from the beginning its not allowed. he enjoyed a year and after he moved on.

TabTabiun
05-25-2008, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brokenhearted
Salaams,

I am hoping beyond hope that there is some islamically justifiable way for a muslim man and a non-believing woman to marry.

i have had the most beautiful and amazing relationship which has just been broken off after over a year, and i'm wracking my brain trying to come up with solutions on how we can be together.

I am from North America, he is from coastal east Africa, and we are so in love, and both want so much to be togther. But he has rejected our relationship after all this time because it is wrong in the eyes of Islam. Is there any way Islam would sanction such a relationship?

I can not convert, as I don't even believe in god, and i have searched myself on this. For me Islam has too many rules for how i have grown up thinking about the world, its not a change i can make. Although I so wish that i could; it would be so easy!

All advice appreciated!
Bismillah
No Muslim Men and athiests can not marry, and if they were to marry Islamically it would be invalid, and Muslim men can marry the people of the book.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.