/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feel like crying ...

glo
05-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Do you ever just feel like crying, for no reason other than seeing how messed up this world is, how much suffering and pain there is, and how incapable we are of sorting it all out?

No social, technical, medical and scientific advances seem to bring us nearer to solving the problems of human living. Where in some ways solutions seem to be found, in other ways new ones are created ... :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
05-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Yup...Its human nature to feel sad at the suffering of others. At our own suffering and the suffering of our loved ones. But how else would we learn to appreciate the blessings if we had no misery to compare it with? How else would we learn to thank our creator if not after deliverance from calamities?

Its all part and parcel of this somewhat miserable existence sis...The real home is that of the hereafter, this one is worth nothing. We have two options though- stand up and be counted, or die with the ones we cry for.

Be the changes you want to see in the world.

glo
05-20-2008, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
Yup...Its human nature to feel sad at the suffering of others. At our own suffering and the suffering of our loved ones. But how else would we learn to appreciate the blessings if we had no misery to compare it with? How else would we learn to thank our creator if not after deliverance from calamities?
It seems more than that.
Not just my own troubles or that of loved ones, but a general feeling of being overwhelmed by how messy and troubled humanity as a whole is!

No matter how many caring people are out there, giving, striving, helping, caring, loving ... it seems there will always be more need than helping hands! :cry:

Be the changes you want to see in the world.
Amen to that.
It gives me some courage not to give up ...

Re.TiReD
05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
It seems more than that.
Not just my own troubles or that of loved ones, but a general feeling of being overwhelmed by how messy and troubled humanity as a whole is!

No matter how many caring people are out there, giving, striving, helping, caring, loving ... it seems there will always be more need than helping hands! :cry:

Amen to that.
It gives me some courage not to give up ...
I get what you mean...I've sat down often to ponder about how 'messed up' the world is....things is...that pondering doesnt do much good...I know that anything we may try to do to right the wrongs of this world will be a drop in the ocean...but we have to try....just pick one thing that bothers you most and be that helping hand...

Today is a special day then! :D
lol *grin* True say sis....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-20-2008, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
I get what you mean...I've sat down often to ponder about how 'messed up' the world is....things is...that pondering doesnt do much good...I know that anything we may try to do to right the wrongs of this world will be a drop in the ocean...but we have to try....just pick one thing that bothers you most and be that helping hand...

lol *grin* True say sis....
Stick around for a while and share your words of wisdom with us, 54M4K4H.

They are certainly giving me courage ... :)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-20-2008, 02:38 PM
at those times i imagine what our beloved prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaa must have felt.

No one cared for the state of this world... his ummah... more then he !

------
05-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeh bro...

Souljette
05-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Truu :(

Snowflake
05-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Greetings Glo,

This may sound extreme but the state of our world depresses me and the sadness I feel stays with me all the time. Any news I've heard or images of suffering I've seen whirl around in my head endlessly. There's no escape. It makes me feel so helpless and down -like facing a mountain I can never climb. Other than give to charity all I can do is pray to Allah to assist the poor and oppressed, end their suffering and give guidence to mankind so that this world can be a better place to live in. Sometimes, I wish the End would come and it'd be all over with.

Peace.

barney
05-20-2008, 05:42 PM
It's impossible to change human nature one would think. We seem destined to continue in a spiral of self destruction?

Well lets look at Europe. A social, technological, scientific and religious revolution occoured in the 20th century. Prior to this for millenia every ten years there would be war, anger, bloodshed and hardship. The Spanish cutting off a British captains Ear? Fight a war.France and Britian Becoming too pally with each other? Fight a War!

Since 1945 Western Europe has been at peace. It trades, it negotiates, it mixes with its constituant nations. It has risen from the Rubble of WW1 and 2 with sharp hard lessons.
It is now prosperous, democratic, has unheard of low levels of poverty and corruption, freedom and fairness.

Things may seem bad at the moment, but I think if we were living in the 1840's we would long for a time like today.

glo
05-20-2008, 07:42 PM
^
Yes, I agree that there has been some progress.
Yet, it seems too little too late at times ...
Besides, while there is still great need, perhaps we cannot just rest on 'what we have achieved already'.

There are vast amounts of wealth and resources in this world ... and yet we seem unable to distribute it fairly.
We have so much technology, so much knowledge, so much power ... and yet we seem to lack the willingness and cooperation to make the necessary changes - individually and corporately ... :(

Re.TiReD
05-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Hullo again Glo! *smiles*

Well....Its sad I agree...But nothing is as simple as sitting and writing about it, if we want a change we need to go out and actively seek it. Help, raise money for those deprived people around the world. And things can be done individually in my opinion. I've lived it, and it was a success Alhamdulillah. Plus, your one deed may inspire others and provoke their thought...

Peace Out.

snakelegs
05-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Do you ever just feel like crying, for no reason other than seeing how messed up this world is, how much suffering and pain there is, and how incapable we are of sorting it all out?

No social, technical, medical and scientific advances seem to bring us nearer to solving the problems of human living. Where in some ways solutions seem to be found, in other ways new ones are created ... :cry:
yes. i think it is called Sanity.

barney
05-20-2008, 08:09 PM
^
Yes, I agree that there has been some progress.
Yet, it seems too little too late at times ...
Besides, while there is still great need, perhaps we cannot just rest on 'what we have achieved already'.

There are vast amounts of wealth and resources in this world ... and yet we seem unable to distribute it fairly.
We have so much technology, so much knowledge, so much power ... and yet we seem to lack the willingness and cooperation to make the necessary changes - individually and corporately ... :(
I was looking at the Chinese recently. They sent 19 helicopters to the area of disaster.

Umm they Have 4000 helicopters? What the heck? If you cant help your own people.....
But thats a state that massacers its own people. A Bit like Rennisence Spain or last centurys Russia or 17th Century England. All those places changed for the better.

Changing Europe took not one but Two world wars. Humans learn things the hard way. More progress has been made in 50 years than in 150,000 years. We dont simply smash each other over the heads with rocks and eat each other now.
We dont Automatically kill another Tribe when we see them.
We dont Fight people for Percieved slights to the king.
We dont Fight people for Percieved slights to the parliment
We dont kill people in the streets for having a different religion.
We dont Kill people for being a different race,(and if we do we get punished)
We dont Hang Gays
We embrace humanity as a whole even if it sometimes tries to kill us

In 1900 the common family was overjoyed if it had a skinny chicken at Christmas
In 2008 The common family whines and moans if its second telly hasnt got Freeveiw.

Put things in context Glo.
The world will be OK, if we can sort out this religion thing.

truemuslim
05-20-2008, 08:13 PM
yes....alot....for reasons, and without.

glo
05-22-2008, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney

Put things in context Glo.
The world will be OK, if we can sort out this religion thing.
That's a very simplistic statement, barney, but thanks for all your encouraging words (and not just in this thread).

Time to start a thread on positive news, I think ...

Peace, brother :)

Armand
05-22-2008, 08:39 AM
The only Good News is that all things go back to God. Not a soul will be dealt with unjustly on Judgment Day, whether rewarded or punished. Never forget that God is ever-watchful over His creation; everything occurs as a result of His transcendent will.

glo
05-23-2008, 01:52 PM
^
Surely God also places importance on actively making this world a better place whilst we are living.

Perhaps this feeling of sadness and burden about a broken world is there to stir us into action to do God's will on this earth -
by giving our time, our prayers, our money to help those in need;
by caring for the helpless, feeding the hungry, helping our neighbours, praying for world peace and bringing a small bit of peace into our own communities;
by overcoming our own prejudices and judgmental attitudes towards those who are 'different',
and by treating other human beings as we would like to be treated ...

Ninth_Scribe
05-24-2008, 07:55 PM
I used to cry all the time. I felt that God put me here as some sort of punishment, and I didn't even know what I did to get him mad at me. But I've hated this place since I was very young, the moment I found out that we had to kill to live. Even now, I hate the daily ritual of shoving dead things down my throat only to excrete them later, in the foulest of ways. It just strikes me as being very, well... demonic. When I was younger, I wouldn't eat for days. Now, I only eat when I absolutely have to and I always honor that life in prayer, even if I didn't know it.

Today, I just view this place as a paradox between heaven and hell, and deal with them both, praying my soul never gets dragged into the conflict - but I can't wait to leave! I think anyone with a conscious heart and soul feels like crying at the sight of this world. I think that reaction is only natural.

Amen it's only a 100 year tour of duty :)

The Ninth Scribe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.