/* */

PDA

View Full Version : repentance - and wen u break it!

anonymous
05-20-2008, 09:12 PM
:sl:

u kno sometimes wen u repent to Allah [swt] ?
yeh well i did that and i think i just brok 1 of my repentances to Him.
i'm very worried,do u tghink i shud worry?hav u ever been in same situation?will Allah [swt] forgive me d you think?

tnx in advance :thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-21-2008, 06:23 AM
Please bear in mind that I am not a Muslim, when you read this reply.

It is in our human nature to fail again and again and again ...
Is this the first time that you repented of something, promised yourself (and Allah) to do better ... and then failed in keeping your promise???
If so, you must be amazing! :)

I fail in my hopes and desires to do better and be better only every day!

What do I do?
I pick myself up, push deeper into God's presence and will, pray,pray,pray, and try again!
And I trust that God forgives me ... again and again and again ... as long as I am sincere!

Peace to you :)

snakelegs
05-21-2008, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

i'm very worried,do u tghink i shud worry?hav u ever been in same situation?will Allah [swt] forgive me d you think?

i don't think you need to worry. remember in the very first surah what attributes do you find: irrahman irraheem.
never forget god is merciful.

------
05-21-2008, 09:24 AM
:salamext:

Repent again, simple as that. We aren't perfect.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pure Imaan
05-21-2008, 06:15 PM
We muslims are prone to error, we are not angels, we are going to commit sins, the important thing is to repent sincerly and try your upmost to not commit that particular sin again, end of the day it depends upon your intentions, if you do then, repent once again and do not fall into despair, NEVER fall into despair, Allah (swt)'s forgiveness has NO boundries, He does not have human characteristics...also my advice is to listen to brother Yasir Qadri's lecture 'Oh Allah, Forgive Me' it is brilliant, it will serioualy make you tearful and understand that Allah (swt)'s Mercy has no limit, SUBHNALLAH.

Snowflake
05-21-2008, 07:08 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

*draws a long sigh* Ahhhhh... What can I say about the boundless mercy of Allah swt? He is the only One who puts balm on our deepest wounds, forgives our biggest sins and removes our biggest obstacles. He isn't like humans who once wronged will never forgive you again, but He calls to His servants to repent and seek His forgiveness again and again. To His Sovereignty belong the ninety nine parts of mercy and the hundreth He gave to this world. He loves those who repent, not turn away in despair.

Every night, Allah swt in His Eminence and Majesty descends to the lowest heaven saying, ‘Is there anyone to ask Me so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone to invoke Me so that I may respond to his invocation? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness so that I may forgive him?’” (Narrated by Muslim.) :cry:

How endless His mercy is that it should put His servants to shame for despairing of it. Pray to Him to forgive you and show gratitude by striving harder to refrain from the same mistake again. But never allow a repeated mistake mislead you from believing that Allah won't accept your repentance again. He is AL-GHAFUR - The Forgiving One, AR-RAHIM - The Merciful, AL-MUJIB - The Acceptor of Prayer, or The Responsive, AL-WADUD - The Loving, AR-RAUF - The Lenient, AL-KARIM - The Generous.

Wa lam yakul-la-hu kufu-wan ahad!
And there is none comparable unto Him.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

anonymous
05-22-2008, 02:57 PM
tnx to evry1 whos replied soo far
but thers stil 1 problem........im thnkin wts the point of repenting again nd again wen ur almot certain u wil break ur repentance again....it'd be lying
i thkn its only apropriate 2 repent 1nce ur certain ul never do it agen

or ami wrong?

glo
05-22-2008, 06:19 PM
^ The question is are you sincere every time you repent, and do you truly regret your actions and are willing to try again?

------
05-22-2008, 06:21 PM

If you are making a mockery out of Islaam, it is not good - e.g. listening to music thinking 'oh i'll repent later and then listen to music again' - is wrong

But Listening to music - with a heavy weight on your heart and the fear of commiting sin - and you repent - that is true repentance..

Hold up...check this...it explains it better...

http://www.inter-islam.org/Actions/repent.htm

anonymous
05-23-2008, 04:18 PM
tnx serene for da link :thumbsup

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
^ The question is are you sincere every time you repent, and do you truly regret your actions and are willing to try again?
yeh i am

but omg its so tempting..i dont kno y the hell i do it i feel so dissapointed wit myself. :cry:

------
05-23-2008, 04:25 PM

One thing that has helped me a lot (since I have learned to do it) is accept the Qadr of Allaah. Accept what He is decreed for you, and you will be the happiest and content of people.

Complete trust in Allaah's Decision

However, thats the shaytaan's job. He will tempt you again and again. Read this inshaaAllaah;

The Traps of Iblees (Shaytaan)

It is a very interesting read, I assure you. Opens your eyes to how clever shaytaan is.

anonymous
05-23-2008, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

One thing that has helped me a lot (since I have learned to do it) is accept the Qadr of Allaah. Accept what He is decreed for you, and you will be the happiest and content of people.

Complete trust in Allaah's Decision
tnx loads for that.....wow
maybe all this hapnd so i culd read that 4 future purposes! Allahu a'lim

However, thats the shaytaan's job. He will tempt you again and again. Read this inshaaAllaah;

The Traps of Iblees (Shaytaan)

It is a very interesting read, I assure you. Opens your eyes to how clever shaytaan is
again, tnx alot for that

i ask you one thing tho...:
wen i am doin the sins, alhamdulillah i no its wrong but asi sed b4 its temptin.............is ther anythin u remember wen gettin tempted tht rly stops u from comiting the sin? that question applies to evry1 readin this btw not just serene

------
05-23-2008, 04:53 PM

It depends on your level of Imaan really.

Example: When your level of Imaan is low and you are driving/walking by some shops, that are blasting your ex-favourite song out, you would want to listen to it again and again, because you like the sound of it.

However, when your Imaan is High, you would try not to listen to it, and push it to the back of your mind, or remember the Hadiths (punishments regarding Music and reward for fighting against nafs) and refrain from listening to it.

Wa Allaahu Aalim.

(P.S. I'm using music as the example, because that is the most common one nowadays)

anonymous
05-23-2008, 05:00 PM

It depends on your level of Imaan really.

Example: When your level of Imaan is low and you are driving/walking by some shops, that are blasting your ex-favourite song out, you would want to listen to it again and again, because you like the sound of it.

However, when your Imaan is High, you would try not to listen to it, and push it to the back of your mind, or remember the Hadiths (punishments regarding Music and reward for fighting against nafs) and refrain from listening to it.

Wa Allaahu Aalim.

(P.S. I'm using music as the example, because that is the most common one nowadays)
so u personally jst remember hadiths n that?

if so,any other way u;d recomend?

------
05-23-2008, 05:01 PM

The more knowledge you have, the more you will fear Allaah. That's the main point.

TrueStranger
05-23-2008, 05:13 PM

YES!!!!!!! :D

Will Allah accept my repentance if I returned to the sin once more? The answer is yes.

The evidence for this is the story of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) with the man who visited him and asked:

If I performed a sin – O Prophet of Allah – would it be recorded?

The Prophet answered: Yes.

The man said: what if I repented?

The Prophet said: It will be erased.

The man added: What if I returned to the sin once again?

The Prophet answered: It will be recorded once again.

The man said: What if I repented?

The man said: What if I returned again?

The Prophet said: It will be recorded.

The man asked: What if I repented?

The man asked: Until when will it be erased?

The Prophet (SAWS) answered, “Allah does not stop bestowing His forgiveness until you get bored of asking for it.”

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...epent-but.html

SO NEVER STOP ASKING :thumbs_up

:w:

anonymous
05-23-2008, 05:13 PM

The more knowledge you have, the more you will fear Allaah. That's the main point.
rite..ok thanks a lot sis..may Allah reward u for your help

im even thinkin if i dont refrain myself il hav to burn myself wit a lighter evry time i think of doin somthin bad...

anonymous
05-23-2008, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger

YES!!!!!!! :D

Will Allah accept my repentance if I returned to the sin once more? The answer is yes.

The evidence for this is the story of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) with the man who visited him and asked:

If I performed a sin – O Prophet of Allah – would it be recorded?

The Prophet answered: Yes.

The man said: what if I repented?

The man added: What if I returned to the sin once again?

The Prophet answered: It will be recorded once again.

The man said: What if I repented?

The man asked: Until when will it be erased?

The Prophet (SAWS) answered, “Allah does not stop bestowing His forgiveness until you get bored of asking for it.”

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...epent-but.html

SO NEVER STOP ASKING :thumbs_up

:w:
thanks sis :thumb_up

------
05-23-2008, 05:19 PM
rite..ok thanks a lot sis..may Allah reward u for your help

im even thinkin if i dont refrain myself il hav to burn myself wit a lighter evry time i think of doin somthin bad...

Don't go to the extreme.

Religion isn't hard so don't overburden yourself.

Abû Hurayrah relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said “This religion is easy. No one becomes harsh and strict in the religion without it overwhelming him. So fulfill your duties as best you can and rejoice. Rely upon the efforts of the morning and the evening and a little at night and you will reach your goal.” [Sahîh al-Bukharî]

anonymous
05-23-2008, 05:28 PM

Don't go to the extreme.

Religion isn't hard so don't overburden yourself.
o

thanks for that

------
05-23-2008, 05:42 PM

Welcome :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.