/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How u makin money

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 06:00 PM
:sl:

this is mainly for the sisters.
ok how u sisters with no official..like real job at a restaraunt or something, make money?

i've made $100 of i forget how many weeks of mowing the lawn...since my brother who used to do it is in yemen and my other brother works all the time and my dad is working too...so i convinced him to let me do it. $20 for both front and back yard. once a week.
i wanna water it tho, so it can grow fast....so i can mow faster...so i get my money. lol

neways
i want to kno another way to make money, how u sisters do it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
05-21-2008, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim

ok how u sisters with no official..like real job at a restaraunt or something, make money?

i've made $100 of i forget how many weeks of mowing the lawn...since my brother who used to do it is in yemen and my other brother works all the time and my dad is working too...so i convinced him to let me do it. $20 for both front and back yard. once a week.
i wanna water it tho, so it can grow fast....so i can mow faster...so i get my money. lol

neways
you can wash cars or baby sit, if your parents would let you.

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 06:37 PM
^ i wash my dads car...sooometimes...once in the entire summer, and only got like $15 for it. lol and babysitting......i already do that for free with my lil sisters.

do any of u sisters got jobs? like real official or not official?

m102313
05-21-2008, 06:53 PM
^ i wash my dads car...sooometimes...once in the entire summer, and only got like $15 for it. lol and babysitting......i already do that for free with my lil sisters.

do any of u sisters got jobs? like real official or not official?
You shouldn't work for your parents to earn money, In fact you should do it for free to keep them happy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Whatsthepoint
05-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm a bro.:-[
I don't have a part time job and I don't get payed for washing cars of mowing the lawn, I do however get pocket money from my parents and gifted students' grant from the state, and I do stock exchange, well my parents do it for me cause I'm not of age yet. It's not really the bst time to do it now, especially in the States I think.

Do your parents buy you everything you want or just the basic things, like food and clothes?

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 06:54 PM
@ moabubakr
nah i work for no money...its called chores... its just extra stuff i do to earn money.
and my dad says girls dont need money :rolleyes: so thats why i dont get money for "making them happy"

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I'm a bro.:-[
I don't have a part time job and I don't get payed for washing cars of mowing the lawn, I do however get pocket money from my parents and gifted students' grant from the state, and I do stock exchange, well my parents do it for me cause I'm not of age yet. It's not really the bst time to do it now, especially in the States I think.

Do your parents buy you everything you want or just the basic things, like food and clothes?
so u mow the lawn for free?! ............ :laugh:

ur so cheap! how can u afford a can of monster?! loool
am kiddin
but seriously do u do it for free?

yeh they do. food...clothes. basic stuff....its just other stuff that they dont...like uh cough devil may cry 4 coughcough
and other "wanting" things not "need" things

Whatsthepoint
05-21-2008, 07:04 PM
so u mow the lawn for free?! ............ :laugh:

ur so cheap! how can u afford a can of monster?! loool
am kiddin
but seriously do u do it for free?

yeh they do. food...clothes. basic stuff....its just other stuff that they dont...like uh cough devil may cry 4 coughcough
and other "wanting" things not "need" things
I get more money than I can spend from them and they pay almost every expensive thing I buy. so yeah, I do it for free. It never occured to me to ask for money. I think they'd be offended if I did.

whats a can of monster btw?

snakelegs
05-21-2008, 07:09 PM
would your parents let you ask your neighbours if they need their cars washed or their babies sat on?

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 07:15 PM
I get more money than I can spend from them and they pay almost every expensive thing I buy. so yeah, I do it for free. It never occured to me to ask for money. I think they'd be offended if I did.

whats a can of monster btw?
ooooooh...
i do like everything for free but the lawn. besides its fun since i got my ipod and completely forget im even mowing :statisfie
u so lucky. so ur parents give u money for NOTHING? thats cool

this is a monster its an energy drink...my brohter is addicted to it. lol. i like it....just not addicted +o(

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
would your parents let you ask your neighbours if they need their cars washed or their babies sat on?
naah. besides i wouldnt wanna do that anyway. it would go like dis..

*walk to neighbor and knocks on door*
them: hello
us: hello, we would like to _____
them: um..........:scared: sure...hehe:phew
*me doin der lawn*
and they sit there by the window praying for god to forgive them for therer sins before they die from the bombs i got loaded in the lawnmower and that i threw in ther bush while i was talking to them :rollseyes:rollseyes:rollseyes
honestly. my nieghbors suckkkk.

------
05-21-2008, 07:18 PM
:salamext:

Get a job?

Whatsthepoint
05-21-2008, 07:21 PM
this is a monster its an energy drink...my brohter is addicted to it. lol. i like it....just not addicted +o(
Add some vodka, and you're on!
joke..

Whatsthepoint
05-21-2008, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -
:salamext:

Get a job?
Yeah, it's better to get a real job than work chores for money. It pays better and it's a good lesson.

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Add some vodka, and you're on!
joke..

Lool

first of all im 15, and living in the worst country and worst state and best of all worst city! where they hire at like 17 at the good places and still wanna raise the age coz they so dum, and at the sucky cheap empty places they hire at 16. besides i dont think i can get a job coz my dad is like so strict.......besides.. "Why would girls/ladies need money? " - dad

medlink student
05-21-2008, 08:42 PM
lol... im making my website (islamic)
inshallah, after i finish i will put adverts on it, and get my friends to click on them :D:D:Dlol
50p per click init , maybe you could do that, eh? (make a site, with google ads,and an overflowing bank :p
:w:

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by o.elmais
lol... im making my website (islamic)
inshallah, after i finish i will put adverts on it, and get my friends to click on them :D:D:Dlol
50p per click init , maybe you could do that, eh? (make a site, with google ads,and an overflowing bank :p

lol
whats 50p? whats the p? pence? pound? new way of saying bucks?

u must be in the uk :rollseyeslol

Re.TiReD
05-21-2008, 09:02 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Sis maybe you could try picking it off the trees? Ok bad joke...but on a serious note, get a job Insha'Allah....anything else will probably pay peanuts.

WassalamuAlaykum

snakelegs
05-21-2008, 09:07 PM
ooooooh...
i do like everything for free but the lawn. besides its fun since i got my ipod and completely forget im even mowing :statisfie
u so lucky. so ur parents give u money for NOTHING? thats cool

naah. besides i wouldnt wanna do that anyway. it would go like dis..

*walk to neighbor and knocks on door*
them: hello
us: hello, we would like to _____
them: um..........:scared: sure...hehe:phew
*me doin der lawn*
and they sit there by the window praying for god to forgive them for therer sins before they die from the bombs i got loaded in the lawnmower and that i threw in ther bush while i was talking to them :rollseyes:rollseyes:rollseyes
honestly. my nieghbors suckkkk.
;D that's funny, but sad too.
i have a few pretty scary neighbours too.
how about washing windows for your parents? would they pay you to do that? unfortunately, your options are pretty limited.
maybe there is something you could make and sell on line?

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by o.elmais
yes i am, 50 pence is half a pound:D
ooh lol why am i not surprised . hehe
whats a pound?
i only know rial and dollars. lol

format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
AssalamuAlaykum

Sis maybe you could try picking it off the trees? Ok bad joke...but on a serious note, get a job Insha'Allah....anything else will probably pay peanuts.

WassalamuAlaykum
lool i wish
i cant get a job now. lol. no hiring.
what do u do?

Re.TiReD
05-21-2008, 09:11 PM
lool i wish
i cant get a job now. lol. no hiring.
what do u do?
AssalamuAlaykum

I stooody *grin*

loq bits and bobs here and there....How about a newspaper round? You can get afternoon ones here, since the morning round is too early for a Muslimah to do it alone.

WassalamuAlaykum

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 09:14 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I stooody *grin*

loq bits and bobs here and there....How about a newspaper round? You can get afternoon ones here, since the morning round is too early for a Muslimah to do it alone.

WassalamuAlaykum

yehh lol i remember we signed up for delivering the booring paper which NO ONE reads coz the best page is saying someone picked up a quarter off the floor....aka stole it :rollseyes
but they wouldnt let us yet they let some white person do it. coughcoughracistcoughcough.
and they pay $1000 for THREE WEEKS!!

gladTidings
05-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Salaam,

Im a student and I dont work whilst im studying. However, im a part time henna artist and I do henna for weddings and other occasions and also for charity. Its a good bit of money on the side. Aslong as your good at what you do, word gets around and free publicity where women and beauty is involved!

My sister is an artist and she sells canvases on comission, this year we're planning on joining forces and making handmade cards inshAllah. Ive previously sold cards for charity, and I know they sell well...
It is so much more rewarding when you've worked hard for your money and you can do whatever you want with it:P.

So yes find your talent and maybe use that as a means and you'll enjoy doing it for sure! Aslong as your not sitting in the town centre with a guitar and a hat... Good luck!

Re.TiReD
05-21-2008, 09:20 PM
yehh lol i remember we signed up for delivering the booring paper which NO ONE reads coz the best page is saying someone picked up a quarter off the floor....aka stole it :rollseyes
but they wouldnt let us yet they let some white person do it. coughcoughracistcoughcough.
and they pay $1000 for THREE WEEKS!!
AssalamuAlaykum

Wooot?? $1000 for 3 weeks? You sure you aint added an extra 0 there by mistake? loqq!

WassalamuAlaykum

m102313
05-21-2008, 09:23 PM
whats a pound?
That's surprising you dont know what a pound is :X
Its the Currency in UK and Northern Ireland and some other countries like cyprus and Lebanon.

£1 GBP is worth more than $1

Nájlá
05-21-2008, 09:32 PM
bro she is not from the uk,cyprus or Lebanon. thats why she dosnt know what is a pound

medlink student
05-21-2008, 09:43 PM
never mind.,,,,

جوري
05-21-2008, 10:10 PM
why don't you do some volunteer work at your local hospital cheer up elderly and disabled People.. it will make you feel less depressed (as I was reading your other post)
plus it will make you grow as a person, maybe spark some of your interests in health care and at some point look really great on your resume..

Sometimes being a kind person to people who badly need it, is its own reward.. and I believe at hospitals they offer you free food.. might not be money and hospital food is crap.. but you'll get to meet a gamut of people.. also at times they need bilingual people to translate.. you'll be very needed and that feels really great ukhty..

gladTidings
05-21-2008, 10:16 PM
^ I agree with Skye. You'll be surprised at how much help you will be, even if you are watering plants and running errands for the nurses now and then. You'll get an opportunity to help patients and it is very rewarding.

Umar001
05-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Or you could stay at home and learn and enjoy your free time? Trust, you'll be busy soon enough, finish school, get married and all that, kids, grandkids, busy as you'll never know. The life of a woman, masha'Allah, she don't gotta work. Hmm.

truemuslim
05-21-2008, 10:45 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Wooot?? $1000 for 3 weeks? You sure you aint added an extra 0 there by mistake? loqq!

WassalamuAlaykum
lool no i didnt. i was surprised too on how despirate they are here. lol

format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
That's surprising you dont know what a pound is :X
Its the Currency in UK and Northern Ireland and some other countries like cyprus and Lebanon.

£1 GBP is worth more than $1
im in tha u.s. i dunno what pound is...well i knew the sign for it just didnt kno what it was called or how much its worth.
Jazakallah khair

format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
why don't you do some volunteer work at your local hospital cheer up elderly and disabled People.. it will make you feel less depressed (as I was reading your other post)
plus it will make you grow as a person, maybe spark some of your interests in health care and at some point look really great on your resume..

Sometimes being a kind person to people who badly need it, is its own reward.. and I believe at hospitals they offer you free food.. might not be money and hospital food is crap.. but you'll get to meet a gamut of people.. also at times they need bilingual people to translate.. you'll be very needed and that feels really great ukhty..

yehh they want ppl here, and i already HAD an interest in health and all...not anymore tho. i got so many overdue things in school and i wont do them. i dont want to. its pointless. with the way my life is going, i will just drop out of high school as soon as i can.

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Or you could stay at home and learn and enjoy your free time? Trust, you'll be busy soon enough, finish school, get married and all that, kids, grandkids, busy as you'll never know. The life of a woman, masha'Allah, she don't gotta work. Hmm.
i wanna stay at home, not work out there and all.
and free time for ME is listening to haram music nd playin basketball or dishes or somethin....or xbox360 ... and no matter what it is im doing music is going to be there.
btw u mean "start high school, get married and all that..." :X

SouLda_Gal
05-22-2008, 09:06 AM
i think the best thing 2 do is get a part time job.. like in a call centre or retail?.. its easy to get them.. and plus you havnt exactly finishd ur studies... so why not....or do an Apprenticeship (its like 1 or 2 days studying and the rest work..pretty good 4 students aged 15/6,7)
well wat am i talkin bout i need a part time job meself :D and if i dnt get it ima die.. erggg lol

Lonely Gal
05-22-2008, 02:43 PM
enjoy the free time if u can.. if you don't have to work its a bonus!
trust when u get into full time work, u'll be wishing to have some free time!
chores should not be done for money, esp if they are for helping parents..
they do so much for us, we should return the favour in small ways..
Don't work in retails, u work like mad and get paid peanuts.. work in office, chilling and get paid.. like I am now :-D

chacha_jalebi
05-22-2008, 03:28 PM
as salaam ma alaykam

best way to earn money = a job, if you cants do that there are loads of ways sister

like during exam period, you know some schools/unis want exam vigilaters, but "only people who will not disturb students and be trusted with vigilating according to the rules" pssssh worreva, and you get paid like £65 per exam, so thats wicked!!

also teachin, here and then, you can help people study and you get paid, especially in islamic schools, half of the teachers are part time :mmokay:

but i dunno how it works in america, if all methods fail, you can always claim compensation for a faked injury:D or or whats that thing called, i forgot, but im sure people get money if they dont hav work :muddlehea, psssh people proper use the govt

Lonely Gal
05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
further education these days pays £30 a week don't it??
EMA??

wth1257
05-22-2008, 03:37 PM

neways
I just got done mowing a lawn:p

grandfather just had surgery so I get to mow their lawn till he's up and about:p

I'm male, however I know female friends make a lot of money as waitresses, however a lot of times men try to us big tips to pick them up and can be a bit toutchy, so work somewhere respectiable, like high class restraunts.

babysitting seems to be fairly good gig, casheir. etc?

I don't know how old you are however some states have age restrictions and you may want to check into that.

truemuslim
05-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Looooool everyone is doin the fake injury thing! hahaha looool
in detroit some arabs make deals wit arab doctors to pretend they are really sick from something they got injured at in work, and they earn sooo much money! LOOL

neways i dont do non that losery school stuff......well mayb coz i dont go to uni er nothin.
i would like to geta real out there job just to get outta this house but i doubt its evr gna happen.

truemuslim
05-22-2008, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
I just got done mowing a lawn:p

grandfather just had surgery so I get to mow their lawn till he's up and about:p

I'm male, however I know female friends make a lot of money as waitresses, however a lot of times men try to us big tips to pick them up and can be a bit toutchy, so work somewhere respectiable, like high class restraunts.

babysitting seems to be fairly good gig, casheir. etc?

I don't know how old you are however some states have age restrictions and you may want to check into that.

lol yeh i kno
the only people its possible for me to babysit are arabs/muslims......a.k.a my cousins in yemen! plus its free....well somtimes they sneak a 1000 rial into ur purse or something ...but thats only worth $5 :laugh:
and here in america, everyone thinks im going to make ther kids convert to islam or blow em up or something... :raging::raging::raging:

wth1257
05-22-2008, 03:46 PM
lol yeh i kno
the only people its possible for me to babysit are arabs/muslims......a.k.a my cousins in yemen! plus its free....well somtimes they sneak a 1000 rial into ur purse or something ...but thats only worth $5 :laugh:
and here in america, everyone thinks im going to make ther kids convert to islam or blow em up or something... :raging::raging::raging:
tell them you'll convert their kids if the DON'T hire you:statisfie

kidding of course:X

you could work at a library?

What do you like to do, I mean especially during summer there should be a lot of jobs ready, can't you find something you like doing, not just whatever manual jobs happen to be around.

A lot of Americans I know assume arab Muslims female immigrants are smart(a friend of mine was told by a teacher, because of her last name(Aman), that she((teacher)) thought she was getting a smart Muslim girl, but just got another blond instead:p), can you tutor or something?

mansoor_yousaf
05-22-2008, 03:50 PM
If anyone is making money and would like to invest in a Halaal way then visit www.halaalinvestments.com

This company is run by good brothers who started a consortium and have made a lot of money Mashallah. There aim now is to help brothers/sisters Muslim and non-muslim to invest and earn money in a halaal manner.

truemuslim
05-22-2008, 03:52 PM
tell them you'll convert their kids if the DON'T hire you:statisfie

kidding of course:X

you could work at a library?

What do you like to do, I mean especially during summer there should be a lot of jobs ready, can't you find something you like doing, not just whatever manual jobs happen to be around.

A lot of Americans I know assume arab Muslims female immigrants are smart(a friend of mine was told by a teacher, because of her last name(Aman), that she((teacher)) thought she was getting a smart Muslim girl, but just got another blond instead:p), can you tutor or something?
lool
nah library is for losers. no one goes there anyway. only some people who dont have computers , and they just go there to play runescape :rollseyes
im not gna be here in the summer :statisfie
yeh i kno i get to leave this horrible country! YAYYY
i dont think i can tutor, i mean im sucky at school let alone tutor. :laugh: hahaha loool.

wth1257
05-22-2008, 03:58 PM
lool
nah library is for losers. no one goes there anyway. only some people who dont have computers , and they just go there to play runescape :rollseyes
im not gna be here in the summer :statisfie
yeh i kno i get to leave this horrible country! YAYYY
i dont think i can tutor, i mean im sucky at school let alone tutor. :laugh: hahaha loool.
I work in a library:raging:

though not a librarianO.O

summer school job loading archive documents into trucks

Either way, good luck, someday this may be you:p

Have fun back in Yemen:D

truemuslim
05-22-2008, 04:01 PM
I work in a library:raging:

though not a librarianO.O

summer school job loading archive documents into trucks

Either way, good luck, someday this may be you:p

Have fun back in Yemen:D
Looool
thnks lool
:laugh: (thats laughin)

Ninth_Scribe
05-24-2008, 04:27 PM

I make my money online, designing web ads. I charge the local business community here $63.00 per year, and remind them of the following benefits:

Web ads cost a company less for one year than newspaper ads of the same size do for one day.

Web ads save a company hundreds of dollars in extra costs such as brochure printing, postage fees and mailing list (farming) costs.

Web ads are environmentally friendly. One ad saves hundreds of trees!

The benefits to me are enormous since I make money by sitting right here at my computer. Checks and payments go right to my bank account and bills are all on auto-pay - so I don't really have to do diddly to run my house.

I can do this because I run a major computer network, so every website I build links to every other site on the network. I own the number one position on search engine placement for the term "Cape Cod Summer 2008" and am within the top ten for most other search terms and catch phrases. The newest member of my network is a criminal defense attorney, his page is here:

http://www.callingcapecod.com/pages/...beauchain.html

But the greatest thing about this line of work is that I can run this network and it's portals from anywhere on the planet... which means I can travel!!! So, if you're looking for an income stream that can stay put or go with you anywhere, I would fully recommend something like this.

The Ninth Scribe

aadil77
05-24-2008, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SouLda_Gal
i think the best thing 2 do is get a part time job.. like in a call centre or retail?.. its easy to get them.. and plus you havnt exactly finishd ur studies... so why not....or do an Apprenticeship (its like 1 or 2 days studying and the rest work..pretty good 4 students aged 15/6,7)
well wat am i talkin bout i need a part time job meself :D and if i dnt get it ima die.. erggg lol
yh I need one too, I can't seem to find one, most retail ones require experience, and I have'nt got any so i'm kind of stuck

aadil77
05-24-2008, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
further education these days pays £30 a week don't it??
EMA??
yh I get that:D £30

Ninth_Scribe
05-24-2008, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
yh I need one too, I can't seem to find one, most retail ones require experience, and I have'nt got any so i'm kind of stuck
A couple words to keep a watch for: Internship and Entry Level :)

The Ninth Scribe

aadil77
05-24-2008, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
A couple words to keep a watch for: Internship and Entry Level :)

The Ninth Scribe
Yep, but I'm in full time ed and just looking for a job over the summer

Souljette
05-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Sis you can tutor lil kids..like kindergarten kids..you can earn money dere..like my girl..(my friend) she used to tutor children in the states and earn money taht way and her mom even now like gives children arabic lessons so she gets paid that way as well..you'll find a way just have to know what it is and you gotta have sources too

Ninth_Scribe
05-24-2008, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Yep, but I'm in full time ed and just looking for a job over the summer
Hence the word "internship". There's lots of summer ones. I used to pick the company and write them a "letter of interest" explaining what I expected and hoped to offer. They almost always worked with me. Some eds have these offers posted, but usually you have to go after them yourself and do the letter of interest. If you write 20 companies, one is bound to pick you up.

The Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
05-24-2008, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
Sis you can tutor lil kids..like kindergarten kids..you can earn money dere..like my girl..(my friend) she used to tutor children in the states and earn money taht way and her mom even now like gives children arabic lessons so she gets paid that way as well..you'll find a way just have to know what it is and you gotta have sources too
If you speak two languages, you should have no problem finding work. There aren't enough translators! I even get money sometimes like that... fixing bad translations of old Hebrew script.

Souljette
05-24-2008, 06:25 PM
ye truu..like for people who can't speak english and you can tutor them in english..for kindergarten..it's cool

truemuslim
05-26-2008, 03:22 AM
money doesnt matter really.
imagine hell

arabianprincess
05-26-2008, 04:40 AM
well i cant mow the lawn at alllll .. its like the worst job ever .. with that thing.. i cant even push it ... dont laught at me.. i know im kinda on the weak side .. so i believe its a men job.... well anyways... i gotta job at my friend unlce.. owned by a muslim everyone there is muslim.. n its kinda cool .. u dont feel weird.. well they sell cellphone etc... its a nice job .. good money too :)

Sapahi
05-26-2008, 11:21 AM
money doesnt matter really.
imagine hell
Alhamdulilah good point sis... :)

chacha_jalebi
05-26-2008, 02:01 PM
i think enough advice has been given, dont you!! yes you do:D

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.