/* */

PDA

View Full Version : girls names

innocent
05-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Are these names allowed in islam for girls?

Hannah
Tara
Tania
Salena

Or can anyone suggest some names which are allowed in islam but also english sounding? Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TrueStranger
05-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Hannah is my little sisters name, and correct me if I'm wrong but i was told that the Mother of Mary (ra) was named Hanna or Hannah.

truemuslim
05-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Sara can be a name
alot of people use it
And i hear Hanna alot (wit muslims)
I think its only the names that have to do with christ that are haram... not sure. someone correct me if im wrong

like Christian, Christina, Christine, y'kno

Ali.
05-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Hannah is OK I think judging from a site, but I'm not sure about the rest.

If they are not allowed/not Islamic, check here for more names! :)

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
I think its only the names that have to do with christ that are haram... not sure. someone correct me if im wrong

like Christian, Christina, Christine, y'kno
No, it's just names with not quite so good meanings, like for example Jack I heard means man, compared to Muhammad for example which means someone who is worthy of praise. It is much preferred to have names with meanings.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Hannah is OK I think judging from a site, but I'm not sure about the rest.

If they are not allowed/not Islamic, check here for more names! :)

No, it's just names with not quite so good meanings, like for example Jack I heard means man, compared to Muhammad for example which means someone who is worthy of praise. It is much preferred to have names with meanings.

oooh ok
Jazakallah khair

SouLda_Gal
05-23-2008, 08:45 AM
i know many people with all those names and they muslim.. but im not sure if they haram or not.. but i think hanna is muslim name... because hanna is like hina (sum peepz just say hannah and sum say hina.. but its same) and hina is mehindi.. if you know what that is.. its what gals wear on eid or weding etc.. lol im sure you guys know :)

north_malaysian
05-23-2008, 09:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
Tania
The Egyptians pronounce "Thania" ("Second") as Tania..

north_malaysian
05-23-2008, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
Hannah is my little sisters name, and correct me if I'm wrong but i was told that the Mother of Mary (ra) was named Hanna or Hannah.
Christians referring to her as St Anne.. right?

MuslimWays
05-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Hannah : Affection
Tara : Star
Saleena : Moon

Sources: muslim female names with meanings.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.