/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jum'ah And Duhr???????????????

Güven
05-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Asallamu Aleykoum Wa Rahmetullahi Wa Barekatuh

Dear brothers and sisters
When I go to the Jum'ah prayer, here we pray like first 4 rakat sunnah and then 2 rakat Fard and then the Jum'ah prayed is finished but a lots of people are staying and praying duhr after jum'ah so again 4 sunnah 4 fard an 2 sunnah so in total 16 rakat (Thats what I did too):exhausted
But now they saying that its not necessary to pray duhr and that Jum'ah is enough,
Im Confused :?
Can someone Explain me what I must pray at Jum'ah please :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
05-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Is there a Sunnah prayer before and after Jumu’ah?
When I go to the mosque on Friday the athaan is pronounced, then everyone prays 2 or 4 rakaat.Then the athan is again pronounced and immediately after it iqamah .Having prayed 2 Jum'ah rakaat people pray again 2 or 4 rakaat.Besides,the imaam when supplicating raises hands then wipes his face and everyone follows him .
Is it bid'ah? If so,what should I do(just look at others?)

Praise be to Allaah.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to come out of his house on the day of Jumu’ah (Friday) and climb up on his minbar. Then the muezzin would give the Adhaan, and when he finished, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would start his khutbah. If there were any Sunnah prayer to be done before Jumu’ah, he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would have told them about it and directed them to do it after the Adhaan, and he would have done it himself. At the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) there was nothing apart from the Adhaan just before the khutbah.

Hence the majority of the imaams agreed that there is no sunnah to be done at a specific time before Jumu’ah with a specific number of rak’ahs, because that would have been reported from the words or actions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and nothing of that nature has been reported from him. This is the madhhab of Maalik, al-Shaafa’i and most of his companions, and is the well known view in the madhhab of Ahmad.

Al-‘Iraaqi said:

“I have not seen anything to indicate that the three imaams recommended praying Sunnah before it [Jumu’ah].”

The muhaddith al-Albaani commented:

For that reason this so-called Sunnah is not mentioned in Kitaab al-Umm by Imaam al-Shaafa’i, or in al-Masaa’il by Imaam Ahmad, or by any of the other early imaams, as far as I know.

Hence I say:

Those who pray this Sunnah are not following the Messenger or imitating any of the imaams; on the contrary, they are imitating the later scholars who are like them in that they are also imitators [of earlier scholars] rather than mujtahideen [scholars who investigate and form their own rulings]. I am amazed to see an imitator imitating another imitator.

(See al-Qawl al-Mubeen, 60, 374).

Moreover, between the first call of Jumu’ah prayer and the second call, there should be sufficient time for people to get ready to pray, not just the time it takes to pray two rak’ahs or thereabouts, as is done in some countries and some mosques.

With regard to making du’aa’ together in one voice behind the imaam after the prayer, Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen answered this question in al-Fataawaa, p. 368, where he said:

“This is one of the bid’ahs which was not reported from the Prophet or from his companions. What is prescribed in Islam is for people to remember Allaah Alone after the prayer, in accordance with the teachings of the Messenger of Allaah, and this should be done aloud, as reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both), who said: “People used to raise their voices in Dhikr [remembrance of Allaah] after finishing the prescribed prayer at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).”

With regard to the prayer after Jumu’ah, Ibn al-Qayyim said in al-Zaad (1/440):

When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had prayed Jumu’ah, he would enter his house and pray two Rak’ahs of Sunnah, and he commanded those who had prayed it to pray four rak’ahs afterwards. Our shaykh, Abu’l-‘Abbaas Ibn Taymiyah said: if he prayed in the mosque, he would pray four, and if he prayed at home, he would pray two. I say: this is what is indicated by many ahaadeeth. Abu Dawood reported in his Sunan (1130) from Ibn ‘Umar that when he prayed in the mosque, he prayed four and when he prayed at home, he prayed two.

With regard to wiping the face after making du’aa’, this is not reported in any saheeh hadeeth; indeed, some of the scholars stated that it is bid’ah. See Mu’jam al-Bida’ (p. 227).

Do not do that which is bid’ah and do not take part in it; advise and enjoin people to follow the Sunnah; remind them and tell them about the Islamic ruling. We ask Allaah to guide us all to the Straight Path; may Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
:sl:
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/6653/jum'ah

Güven
05-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Jazakallahu Khair Sis :)

mehnaz
05-22-2008, 06:26 PM
asak...

wat is the hadith abt prayig jumah at home?

wsalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
05-22-2008, 06:27 PM
:salamext:

ASAK?! What's that?! Please say the full Assalamu Alaykum.

truemuslim
05-22-2008, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

ASAK is assalamu alaikum, doesnt matter, its a shortcut. chill yo

Güven
05-22-2008, 06:37 PM
No I Think Sis Serene Is right just say Assalamu Aleykoum, its not so hard :D

mehnaz
05-22-2008, 06:38 PM

lol...ok..ASSALAMOALAIKUM....i dint know it was wrong to use the short form...

ps..now i know wat u mean by "aunty of LI"...:lol:

ummAbdillah
05-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Brothers should attend jumu'ah at the masjid. Allahu alam.
What is the punishment of not going to salat al jummah. Can you please back up the answer with a hadith.

Praise be to Allaah.

If a person for whom Jumu’ah is obligatory does not attend and does not have a valid excuse, this is a major sin. Whoever does not attend three Jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence has a seal placed over his heart and is regarded as one of the ghaafileen (negligent, heedless). Muslim narrated in his Saheeh from Abu Hurayrah and Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), that they heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them) say from his minbar: “People should definitely stop neglecting Jumu’ah, or else Allaah will most certainly seal their hearts and they will most certainly be among the ghaafileen.”

According to another hadeeth: “Whoever neglects three jumu’ahs (in a row) out of negligence will have a seal placed upon his heart.” This is a spiritual punishment, which is more severe that a physical punishment such as imprisonment or flogging. The Muslim ruler should punish those who fail to attend Jumu’ah prayers with no excuse, as a deterrent. Let each Muslim fear Allaah and not miss performing one of the obligatory duties enjoined by Him, lest he expose himself to the punishment of Allaah; let him adhere to that which Allaah has made obligatory so that he may earn the reward of Allaah. And Allaah bestows His Bounty upon whomsoever He wills.

Written by Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak.
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/7699

------
05-22-2008, 08:05 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
ASAK is assalamu alaikum, doesnt matter, its a shortcut. chill yo
Walking in Paradise...sees Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aallihi sallam), says; ASAK ya Rasool Allaah!!

:-\

The immaturity of it all.

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
No I Think Sis Serene Is right just say Assalamu Aleykoum, its not so hard :D
Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

truemuslim
05-22-2008, 09:51 PM

Walking in Paradise...sees Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa aallihi sallam), says; ASAK ya Rasool Allaah!!

Loool
now u make it sound bad. hehe

Na7lah
05-22-2008, 09:57 PM
^Well atleast u get alot of reward for it :)
better to get full reward by writing it full which only takes a few seconds then to have a shortcut

:w:

Al-Zaara
05-23-2008, 12:01 PM
One who has prayed the Friday prayer is not obliged to pray the dhuhr prayer. If one misses the Friday prayer, it becomes obligatory for him or her to pray the dhuhr prayer.

The only reason one would pray the dhuhr prayer after having prayed the Friday prayer is that if the integrals of the Friday prayer were not fulfilled, thereby invalidating it.

And Allah knows best.

Four before and after the Friday prayer.

Four sunnas before the Friday prayer are established from the hadith of Ibn Abbas (Allah have mercy on him), related by Ibn Majah and others that, ‘The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to pray four rakats before Jumu`ah without separating between them at all.’

Abu Hurayra relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “When one of you prays Jumu`ah then let him pray four rakats after it.” [Muslim]
  • Like the four rakat sunna of Zuhr, both the sunnas before and after Jumu`ah are offered as four rakats with one salam. Otherwise one is not considered having offered the sunna. [Radd al-Muhtar, 1:452]

The Method of Offering Friday Prayer

After the first adhan of Friday and before the second adhan, four rakats of sunnah prayer should be offered. This sunnah is confirmed sunnah (sunna mu'akkada). After the khutbah, two rakats fard Friday prayer should be offered with the imam. Thereafter, four rakats sunnah should be offered. These are also a confirmed sunnah (sunna mu'akkada). Thereafter, another two rakats should be offered. According to some ulama these two rakats are also confirmed sunnah (sunna mu'akkada).

------
05-23-2008, 02:44 PM

^ Jazaak Allaah Khayr! :thumbs_up

Güven
05-23-2008, 04:25 PM
^ Jazaakallah Khair
Now things are more clear:)

Al-Zaara
05-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Wa iyyakum. That's great to hear! =)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!