/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Only Fools & Fools

Soulja Girl
05-24-2008, 06:13 PM
:sl:

Oki, in this thread i'm gna be posting beautiful stories about fools from the book "Only fools & fools" so be prepared to laugh your socks off.

Here goes...

A Bedouin once joined the Imam for Fajr Salah. He had an appointment after the prayer but the Imam decided to recite Surah Baqarah (the Cow). As a result of the length of this Surah, the Bedouin was delayed and missed his appointment. The next day he arrived early and joined the Imam again, who this time began to recite Surah Feel (the Elephant). Completely angry, the Bedouin broke his prayer and left the masjid, shouting "Yesterday you read the Cow and finished the Cow and today you are reciting the Elephant, you will probably finish at midnight."

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
05-24-2008, 06:16 PM
hehehe

------
05-24-2008, 06:17 PM
:salamext:

No offence sister, but doesn't that disrespect the Qur'aan? InshaaAllaah we should be careful about joking about the Qur'aan. :)

Soulja Girl
05-24-2008, 06:20 PM

Dunno...Remember, these stories are about fools!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
05-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm totally confused.

------
05-24-2008, 06:25 PM

^ The bedouin was judging by the size of the animal, e.g. the ‘cow’ Surah was long, so he thought the ‘elephant’ Surah would be longer.

Umar001
05-24-2008, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

^ The bedouin was judging by the size of the animal, e.g. the ‘cow’ Surah was long, so he thought the ‘elephant’ Surah would be longer.
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

You know what is upseting in this story?

What we see as something hillariously ignorant, I mean, we understand that Surah Baqarah isn't about the size of a Cow and the Elephant surah is not the size of an Elephant.

Yet, this man, aparently ignorant, Allah knows best, still went to the Masjid for Fajr! Yet how many of us (brothers) do that? How many of us even pray fajr on time, SubhanAllah.

If that was the state of ignorant people, then boy we are slacking.

Hmm.

aadil77
05-24-2008, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Oki, in this thread i'm gna be posting beautiful stories about fools from the book "Only fools & fools" so be prepared to laugh your socks off.

Here goes...

A Bedouin once joined the Imam for Fajr Salah. He had an appointment after the prayer but the Imam decided to recite Surah Baqarah (the Cow). As a result of the length of this Surah, the Bedouin was delayed and missed his appointment. The next day he arrived early and joined the Imam again, who this time began to recite Surah Feel (the Elephant). Completely angry, the Bedouin broke his prayer and left the masjid, shouting "Yesterday you read the Cow and finished the Cow and today you are reciting the Elephant, you will probably finish at midnight."

Lol!:D give us more, more

Soulja Girl
05-24-2008, 06:37 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
What we see as something hillariously ignorant, I mean, we understand that Surah Baqarah isn't about the size of a Cow and the Elephant surah is not the size of an Elephant.
Yet, this man, aparently ignorant, Allah knows best, still went to the Masjid for Fajr! Yet how many of us (brothers) do that? How many of us even pray fajr on time, SubhanAllah.
If that was the state of ignorant people, then boy we are slacking. Hmm.
^Yeh, totally agree with you bro...May Allah guide us all...

Next...

A Bedouin called Mujrim (criminal/sinner) came & stood in the first row behind the Imam who was reciting Surah Mursalat in Salah. When the Imam recited the verse "Did we not destroy the first" the Bedouin went into the last row. The Imam recited "Then we shall destroy the later ones." The Bedouin then moved on & joined the middle row. Finally, the Imam recited "This is how We deal with the Mujrims." The Bedouin left the Salah thinking the Imam was after him.

S1aveofA11ah
05-26-2008, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

If that was the state of ignorant people, then boy we are slacking.

Hmm.

Totally agree. There is the prohibition of making jokes based on lies - this is considered a form of lying - something our Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade. We seem to be adding to our humilation by becoming an 'Ummah of comedy' to try and counter the horrors happening. However, our Prophet (peace be upon him) never took the role of being a comedian. He was many things beside such as : a trader, warrior, leader, husband, etc. I don't say no jokes and all doom and gloom - just hikmah - the right thing in the right place.

Umar001
05-26-2008, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
Totally agree. There is the prohibition of making jokes based on lies - this is considered a form of lying - something our Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade. We seem to be adding to our humilation by becoming an 'Ummah of comedy' to try and counter the horrors happening. However, our Prophet (peace be upon him) never took the role of being a comedian. He was many things beside such as : a trader, warrior, leader, husband, etc. I don't say no jokes and all doom and gloom - just hikmah - the right thing in the right place.
It's a lie? I didn't know, I really did think it was a true story.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.