/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Sahabah Game!

Soulja Girl
05-25-2008, 07:32 AM
:sl:

Right well what you gta do ish give a name of a Sahabah and the next person that replies has to write a hadeeth narrated by that Sahabah...And so on...

So...Abu Hurairah...

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cute123
05-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists,but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in
the mornings, the nights."
(See Fath−ul−Bari, Page 102, Vol.1).1.39:

Sahih Bukhari
Bk. 2: Belief 1:38

Next Sahabah

UMAR IBN AL-KHATTAB (Radhiallah Tallah Anhu)

'Abd al-Baari
05-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullah

Cool game Masha'Allah! :thumbs_up

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: I heard Hisham bin Hakim reciting Surat Al-Furqan during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle and I listened to his recitation and noticed that he recited in several different ways which Allah's Apostle had not taught me. I was about to jump over him during his prayer, but I controlled my temper, and when he had completed his prayer, I put his upper garment around his neck and seized him by it and said, "Who taught you this Sura which I heard you reciting?" He replied, "Allah's Apostle taught it to me." I said, "You have told a lie, for Allah's Apostle has taught it to me in a different way from yours." So I dragged him to Allah's Apostle and said (to Allah's Apostle), "I heard this person reciting Surat Al-Furqan in a way which you haven't taught me!" On that Allah's Apostle said, "Release him, (O 'Umar!) Recite, O Hisham!" Then he recited in the same way as I heard him reciting. Then Allah's Apostle said, "It was revealed in this way," and added, "Recite, O 'Umar!" I recited it as he had taught me. Allah's Apostle then said, "It was revealed in this way. This Qur'an has been revealed to be recited in seven different ways, so recite of it whichever (way) is easier for you (or read as much of it as may be easy for you)."

[Saheeh Bukhari | Book 61 | Number 514]

Next: Aisha RadiyAllahu Anha

cute123
05-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Narrated `Aisha:
Whenever Allah's Apostle became sick, he would recite Mu'awwidhat (Surat Al−Falaq and Surat An−Nas) and then blow his breath over his body. When he became seriously ill, I used to recite (these two Suras) and rub his hands over his body hoping for its blessings.

[Saheeh Bukhari | Book 61 | Number 536]

Next Sahabah: Ali Ibn Talib Radhiallah Tallah Anhu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Soulja Girl
05-25-2008, 06:23 PM

Narrated 'Ali:

I heard the Prophet saying, "In the last days (of the world) there will appear young people with foolish thoughts and ideas. They will give good talks, but they will go out of Islam as an arrow goes out of its game, their faith will not exceed their throats. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for there will be a reward for their killers on the Day of Resurrection." (Book 61, Number 577)

Next: Abu Musa Al Ash'ari...

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2008, 06:33 PM
bless ya crazy sis :D its a heavy thread

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari:
I went to Allah's Apostle along with a group of people from (the tribe of) Al-Ash'ari, asking for mounts. The Prophet said, "By Allah, I will not give you anything to ride, and I have nothing to mount you on." We stayed there as long as Allah wished, and after that, some camels were brought to the Prophet and he ordered that we be given three camels. When we set out, some of us said to others, "Allah will not bless us, as we all went to Allah's Apostle asking him for mounts, and although he had sworn that he would not give us mounts, he did give us." So we returned to the Prophet; and mentioned that to him. He said, "I have not provided you with mounts, but Allah has. By Allah, Allah willing, if I ever take an oath, and then see that another is better than the first, I make expiration for my (dissolved) oath, and do what is better and make expiration."

next Hadhrat Khadija (ra) :p if anyone finds me a hadiths il give them my bank details lol

naa erm easy one - Hadhrat Anas Ibn Malik (ra)

'Abd al-Baari
05-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."

[Saheeh Bukhari | Book 1 | Number 12]

Next: Ibn Abbas RadiyAllahu Anhu..

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2008, 06:42 PM
im suree Ibn Abbas (Ra) narrated the hadiths - "angels do not enter the houses where their are pictures or dogs" - bukhari!!!

next erm erm Hadhrat Abu Bakr (ra) ....

Soulja Girl
05-25-2008, 06:48 PM

Narrated Abu Bakr: I said to the Prophet while I was in the Cave. "If any of them should look under his feet, he would see us." He said, "O Abu Bakr! What do you think of two (persons) the third of whom is Allah?"
^Sweeet! :statisfie

Next: Qatadah

Güven
05-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Volume 8, Book 76, Number 464

Narrated Qatada:
We used to go to Anas bin Malik and see his baker standing (preparing the bread). Anas said, "Eat. I have not known that the Prophet ever saw a thin well-baked loaf of bread till he died, and he never saw a roasted sheep with his eyes."
:D

Next :Abu Wail (RA)

cute123
05-26-2008, 07:16 AM
walekum assalam
Narrated Abu Wail: `Abdullah used to give a religious talk to the people on every Thursday. Once a man said, "O Aba `Abdur−Rahman! (By Allah) I wish if you could preach us daily." He replied, "The only thing which prevents me from doing so, is that I hate to bore you, and no doubt I take care of you in preaching by selecting a suitable time just as the Prophet used to do with us, for fear of making us bored."

Sahih Bukhari: Volume 1 Book1 Hadith 70

Next Sahaba

Abdullah Ibn Umar (ra)

Soulja Girl
05-26-2008, 07:28 AM

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "While three persons were traveling, they were overtaken by rain and they took shelter in a cave in a mountain. A big rock fell from the mountain over the mouth of the cave and blocked it. They said to each other. 'Think of such good (righteous) deeds which, you did for Allah's sake only, and invoke Allah by giving reference to those deeds so that Allah may relieve you from your difficulty. one of them said, 'O Allah! I had my parents who were very old and I had small children for whose sake I used to work as a shepherd. When I returned to them at night and milked (the sheep), I used to start giving the milk to my parents first before giving to my children. And one day I went far away in search of a grazing place (for my sheep), and didn't return home till late at night and found that my parents had slept. I milked (my livestock) as usual and brought the milk vessel and stood at their heads, and I disliked to wake them up from their sleep, and I also disliked to give the milk to my children before my parents though my children were crying (from hunger) at my feet.

So this state of mine and theirs continued till the day dawned. (O Allah!) If you considered that I had done that only for seeking Your pleasure, then please let there be an opening through which we can see the sky.' So Allah made for them an opening through which they could see the sky. Then the second person said, 'O Allah! I had a she-cousin whom I loved as much as a passionate man love a woman. I tried to seduce her but she refused till I paid her one-hundred Dinars So I worked hard till I collected one hundred Dinars and went to her with that But when I sat in between her legs (to have sexual intercourse with her), she said, 'O Allah's slave! Be afraid of Allah ! Do not deflower me except legally (by marriage contract). So I left her O Allah! If you considered that I had done that only for seeking Your pleasure then please let the rock move a little to have a (wider) opening.'

So Allah shifted that rock to make the opening wider for them. And the last (third) person said 'O Allah ! I employed a laborer for wages equal to a Faraq (a certain measure: of rice, and when he had finished his job he demanded his wages, but when I presented his due to him, he gave it up and refused to take it. Then I kept on sowing that rice for him (several times) till managed to buy with the price of the yield, some cows and their shepherd Later on the laborer came to me an said. '(O Allah's slave!) Be afraid o Allah, and do not be unjust to me an give me my due.' I said (to him). 'Go and take those cows and their shepherd. So he took them and went away. (So, O Allah!) If You considered that I had done that for seeking Your pleasure, then please remove the remaining part of the rock.' And so Allah released them (from their difficulty)." (Book 73, Number 5)

Next: Abu Shuraih...

cute123
05-26-2008, 07:35 AM

Narrated Abu Shuraih: The Prophet said, "By Allah, he does not
believe! By Allah, he does not believe! By Allah, he does not
believe!" It was said, "Who is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He
said, "That person whose neighbor does not feel safe from his
evil."

Sahih Bukhari , Volume 8 Bk 73 , Hadith # 45

Next Sahabah
Abu Dhar (ra)

noorahmad
05-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Abu Dhar Al-Ghifari narrated that the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) once said, "Three (kinds of people) will neither be spoken to by Allah on the Day of Resurrection, nor looked at, nor purified (from their sins), and shall receive a painful torment." He repeated that thrice, so Abu Dhar said, "They are failures and losers. Who are they, Messenger of Allah?" The Prophet replied, "Al-musbil (the one dragging his lower garment), the one who is used to reminding people of his generosity towards them, and the one who sells his goods through false swearing" (Muslim).

zaynab bint jaish

Güven
05-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Volume 9, Book 88, Number 181 (Bukhari)
Narrated Zainab bint Jahsh:
The Prophet got up from his sleep with a flushed red face and said, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. Woe to the Arabs, from the Great evil that is nearly approaching them. Today a gap has been made in the wall of Gog and Magog like this." (Sufyan illustrated by this forming the number 90 or 100 with his fingers.) It was asked, "Shall we be destroyed though there are righteous people among us?" The Prophet said, "Yes, if evil increased."

:)
Next: Az-Zubair bin 'Adi

Pen Marks
05-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Really cool game sis :D

Narrated Az-Zubair bin 'Adi

We went to Anas bin Malik and complained about the wrong we were suffering at the hand of Al-Hajjaj. Anas bin Malik said, "Be patient till you meet your Lord, for no time will come upon you but the time following it will be worse than it. I heard that from the Prophet."

Next: Umar bin Al-Khattab

Güven
05-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Volume 9, Book 86, Number 85 (bukhari)
Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:
The Prophet said, 'O people! The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions, and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So, whoever emigrated for Allah and His Apostle, then his emigration was for Allah and His Apostle, and whoever emigrated to take worldly benefit or for a woman to marry, then his emigration was for what he emigrated for."

nExt: Al-Qasim (RA)

Pen Marks
05-26-2008, 08:02 PM
^one of my fav hadiths :)

Narrated Al-Qasim bin Muhammad

'Aisha said, "O my head!" Allah's Apostle said, "If that (i.e., your death) should happen while I am still alive, I would ask Allah to forgive you and would invoke Allah for you." 'Aisha said, "O my life which is going to be lost! By Allah, I think that you wish for my death, and if that should happen then you would be busy enjoying the company of one of your wives in the last part of that day." The Prophet said, "But I should say, 'O my head!' I feel like calling Abu Bakr and his son and appoint (the former as my successors lest people should say something or wish for something. Allah will insist (on AbuBakr becoming a Caliph) and the believers will prevent (anyone else from claiming the Caliphate)," or "..Allah will prevent (anyone else from claiming the Caliphate) and the believers will insist (on Abu Bakr becoming the Caliph)."

next: Jabir bin Abdillah

Güven
05-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
I was accompanying the Prophet on a journey and was riding a slow camel that was lagging behind the others. The Prophet passed by me and asked, "Who is this?" I replied, "Jabir bin 'Abdullah." He asked, "What is the matter, (why are you late)?" I replied, "I am riding a slow camel." He asked, "Do you have a stick?" I replied in the affirmative. He said, "Give it to me." When I gave it to him, he beat the camel and rebuked it. Then that camel surpassed the others thenceforth. The Prophet said, "Sell it to me." I replied, "It is (a gift) for you, O Allah's Apostle." He said, "Sell it to me. I have bought it for four Dinars (gold pieces) and you can keep on riding it till Medina." When we approached Medina, I started going (towards my house). The Prophet said, "Where are you going?" I Sad, "I have married a widow." He said, "Why have you not married a virgin to fondle with each other?" I said, "My father died and left daughters, so I decided to marry a widow (an experienced woman) (to look after them)." He said, "Well done." When we reached Medina, Allah's Apostle said, "O Bilal, pay him (the price of the camel) and give him extra money." Bilal gave me four Dinars and one Qirat extra. (A sub-narrator said): Jabir added, "The extra Qirat of Allah's Apostle never parted from me." The Qirat was always in Jabir bin 'Abdullah's purse.
Volume 3, Book 38, Number 504 (bukhari)

Next: Anas bin Malik

Na7lah
05-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Narrated Anas

The Prophet said, "My Lord says, 'If My slave comes nearer to me for aspan, I go nearer to him for a cubit; and if he comes nearer to Me fora cubit, I go nearer to him for the span of outstretched arms; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.' "

next: Aisha bint As-Sideeq

Güven
05-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Narrated 'Aisha:
(the wife of the Prophet) A group of Jews entered upon the Prophet and said, "As-Samu-Alaikum." (i.e. death be upon you). I understood it and said, "Wa-Alaikum As-Samu wal-la'n. (death and the curse of Allah be Upon you)." Allah's Apostle said "Be calm, O 'Aisha! Allah loves that on, should be kind and lenient in all matters." I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Haven't you heard what they (the Jews) have said?" Allah's Apostle said "I have (already) said (to them) "And upon you ! "
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 53 (bukhari)

I realy like this one :)

Next: Abdullah bin Amr

Na7lah
05-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr

Abu Bakr As-Siddiq said to the Prophet "O Allah's Apostle! Teach me aninvocation with which I may invoke Allah in my prayers." The Prophet said, "Say: O Allah! I have wronged my soul very much (oppressed myself), and none forgives the sins but You; so please bestow Your Forgiveness upon me. No doubt, You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

^priceless gift from the prophet to us :)

next: Amr bin Al-3as

Güven
05-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Narrated 'Amir bin Sad bin Abi Waqqas:
That his father said, "In the year of the last Hajj of the Prophet I became seriously ill and the Prophet used to visit me inquiring about my health. I told him, 'I am reduced to this state because of illness and I am wealthy and have no inheritors except a daughter, (In this narration the name of 'Amir bin Sad is mentioned and in fact it is a mistake; the narrator is 'Aisha bint Sad bin Abi Waqqas). Should I give two-thirds of my property in charity?' He said, 'No.' I asked, 'Half?' He said, 'No.' then he added, 'One-third, and even one-third is much. You'd better leave your inheritors wealthy rather than leaving them poor, begging others. You will get a reward for whatever you spend for Allah's sake, even for what you put in your wife's mouth.' I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! Will I be left alone after my companions have gone?' He said, 'If you are left behind, whatever good deeds you will do will up-grade you and raise you high. And perhaps you will have a long life so that some people will be benefited by you while others will be harmed by you. O Allah! Complete the emigration of my companions and do not turn them renegades.' But Allah's Apostle felt sorry for poor Sad bin Khaula as he died in Mecca." (but Sad bin Abi Waqqas lived long after the Prophet (p.b.u.h).)
Volume 2, Book 23, Number 383 (bukhari)

It was very dificult to find it :exhausted
Is it the right one Btw???
And btw this thread is a Nice way to learn Hadiths :)

Next : Asma bint Abi Bakr

'Abd al-Baari
05-26-2008, 09:10 PM

Narrated Asma' bint Abu Bakr RadiyAllahu Anha:

That she had gone to the Prophet and he said, "Do not shut your money bag; otherwise Allah too will with-hold His blessings from you. Spend (in Allah's Cause) as much as you can afford. "

[Saheeh Bukhari | Book 24 | No. 515]

Next: Ibn Abbas RadiyAllahu Anhu

Na7lah
05-26-2008, 09:11 PM
It was very dificult to find it
Is it the right one Btw???
no Amr bin Al-3as, Abdullah bin Amr's father
here's one of his
Narrated 'Amr bin Al-'As

That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If a judge gives a verdict according to the best of his knowledge and his verdict is correct (i.e. agrees with Allah and His Apostle's verdict) he will receive a double reward, and if he gives a verdict according to the best of his knowledge and his verdict is wrong, (i.e. against that of Allah and His Apostle) even then he will get a reward ."

Asma bint Abi Bakr
Narrated Asma' bint Abu Bakr

My mother came to me, hoping (for my favor) during the lifetime of theProphet asked the Prophet, "May I treat her kindly?" He replied, "Yes." Ibn 'Uyaina said, "Then Allah revealed: 'Allah forbids you not with regards to those who fought not against you because of religion, and drove you not out from your homes, that you should show them kindness and deal justly with them.'.......(60.8)

Na7lah
05-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Ibn Abbas RadiyAllahu Anhu
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas

The Prophet was hiding himself in Mecca and used to recite the (Qur'an) in a loud voice. When the pagans heard him they would abuse the Qur'an and the one who brought it, so Allah said to His Prophet: 'Neither say your prayer aloud, nor say it in a low tone.' (17.110)

next: Adbullah bin Umar

Güven
05-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
A man said to the Prophet, "Shall I participate in Jihad?" The Prophet said, "Are your parents living?" The man said, "Yes." the Prophet said, "Do Jihad for their benefit."
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 3

Aww I was just goin to change it, but you was just fast :D

Next: Al-Walid bin 'Aizar

Na7lah
05-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Narrated Al-Walid bin 'Aizar

I heard Abi Amr 'Ash-Shaibani saying, "The owner of this house." he pointed to 'Abdullah's house, "said, 'I asked the Prophet 'Which deed is loved most by Allah?" He replied, 'To offer prayers at their early (very first) stated times.' " 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet said, "To be good and dutiful to one's parents," 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet said, To participate in Jihad for Allah's Cause." 'Abdullah added, "The Prophet narrated to me these three things, and if I had asked more, he would have told me more."

next: Bilal bin Rabah :D

Güven
05-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Sahih Al- Muslim Book 2, Hadeeth # 0535: Narrated Bilal ibn Rabah: Rasulullaah (SallAllaahu Álayhi Wa sallam) wiped over the socks (khufs) and turban (Imaamah). In the hadeeth transmitted by Isa ibn Yunus the words are: 'Bilal narrated it to me.

this is the only one I found :)

Next: Talha bin Ubaidullah

Na7lah
05-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Narrated Talha bin 'Ubaidullah

A man came to Allah's Apostle asking him about Islam, Allah's Apostle said, "You have to offer five compulsory prayers in a day and a night (24 hours)." The man asked, "Is there any more compulsory prayers for me?" Allah's Apostle said, "No, unless you like to offer Nawafil (i.e.optional prayers)." Allah's Apostle then added, "You have to observe fasts during the month of Ramadan." The man said, "Am I to fast any other days?' Allah's Apostle said, "No, unless you wish to observe theoptional fast voluntarily." Then Allah's Apostle told him about the compulsory Zakat. The man asked, "Do I have to give anything besides?"Allah's Apostle said, "No, unless you wish to give in charity voluntarily." So, the man departed saying, "By Allah I will neither domore nor less than that." Allah's Apostle said, "If he has said the truth he will be successful."

here's one of Bilal's :Narrated the merits of Bilal bin Rabah the freed slave of Abu Bakr. The Prophet said (to Bilal), "I heard the sound of your shoes in Paradise just in front of me."

next: Abu Talha

BintAmjad
05-26-2008, 09:38 PM

Cool game!

Hadith - Bukhari 4:448, Narrated Abu Talha

I heard Allah's Apostle saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

Next one: Usama bin Zaid

Na7lah
05-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Narrated Usama bin Zaid

Once the Prophet stood over one of the high buildings of Medina and then said (to the people), "Do you see what I see?" They said, "No." He said, "I see afflictions falling among your houses as rain drops fall."

next:Urwa-bin Az-Zubair

Güven
05-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Narrated 'Urwa bin Az-Zubair: An-Ansari man quarrelled with Az-Zubair about a canal in the Harra which was used for irrigating date-palms. Allah's Apostle, ordering Zubair to be moderate, said, "O Zubair! Irrigate (your land) first and then leave the water for your neighbor." The Ansari said, "Is it because he is your aunt's son?" On that the color of the face of Allah's Apostle changed and he said, "O Zubair! Irrigate (your land) and withhold the water till it reaches the walls that are between the pits around the trees." So, Allah's Apostle gave Zubair his full right. Zubair said, "By Allah, the following verse was revealed in that connection": "But no, by your Lord They can have No faith Until they make you judge In all disputes between them." (4.65) (The sub-narrator,) Ibn Shihab said to Juraij (another sub-narrator), "The Ansar and the other people interpreted the saying of the Prophet, 'Irrigate (your land) and with-hold the water till it reaches the walls between the pits around the trees,' as meaning up to the ankles."

Next: Uthman (RA):)

Na7lah
05-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Narrated Uthman bin Affan

The Prophet said, "The most superior among you (Muslims) are those wholearn the Qur'an and teach it."

next: Hafsa bint Umar

Güven
05-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Narrated Hafsa: Allah's Apostle said, "It is not sinful (of a Muhrim) to kill five kinds of animals, namely: the crow, the kite, the mouse, the scorpion and the rabid dog." (Sahih Muslim)

Next: Hisham (RA)

cute123
05-27-2008, 06:55 AM

Narrated Hisham bin Zaid: Anas and I went to Al−Hakam bin Aiyub. Anas saw some boys shooting at a tied hen. Anas said, "The Prophet has forbidden the shooting of tied or confined animals."

Sahih Bukhari , Volume 7 ,No 421

Next Sahabah:Umar Ibn Al Khattab (ra)

------
05-27-2008, 12:15 PM
:salamext:

Nice game mashaaAllaah

Narrated Umar bin Al-Khattab: When 'Abdullah bin Ubai bin Salul died, Allah's Apostle was called in order to offer the funeral prayer for him. When Allah's Apostle got up (to offer the prayer) I jumped towards him and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you offer the prayer for Ibn Ubai although he said so-and-so on such-and-such-a day?" I went on mentioning his sayings. Allah's Apostle smiled and said, "Keep away from me, O 'Umar!" But when I spoke too much to him, he said, "I have been given the choice, and I have chosen (this) ; and if I knew that if I asked forgiveness for him more than seventy times, he would be for given, I would ask it for more times than that." So Allah's Apostle offered the funeral prayer for him and then left, but he did not stay long before the two Verses of Surat-Bara'a were revealed, i.e.:-- 'And never (O Muhammad) pray for anyone of them that dies.... and died in a state of rebellion.' (9.84) Later I was astonished at my daring to speak like that to Allah's Apostle and Allah and His Apostle know best.
Sahih Bukhari, 60:193

Next: 'Aisha (RA)

cute123
05-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Narrated `Aisha:
The Prophet used to like to start from the right side on wearing shoes, combing his hair and cleaning or washing himself and on doing anything else.

Next Sahabah
Abu Huraira (ra)

Güven
05-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira:
A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father. "
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 2 (Bukhari)

Next: Abu Sufyan(RA)

Khayal
05-27-2008, 04:31 PM

Abu Sufyan reported it on the authority of Jabir that he had heard the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) say : When Satan hears the call to prayer, he runs away to a distance like that of Rauha.Sulaimin said: I asked him about Rauha.He replied : It is at a distance of thirty-six miles from Medina.

Book 4, Number 0751

Next , Ibn Umar (RA)

Güven
05-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
The Prophet said, "It is better for a man to fill the inside of his body with pus than to fill it with poetry."
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 175 (bukhari)

Next: Zaid bin Khalid Al-Juhani(Ra)

truemuslim
05-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Narrated Zaid bin Khalid Al-Juhani: A bedouin went to the Prophet and asked him about picking up a lost thing. The Prophet said, "Make public announcement about it for one year. Remember the description of its container and the string with which it is tied; and if somebody comes and claims it and describes it correctly, (give it to him); otherwise, utilize it." He said, "O Allah's Apostle! What about a lost sheep?" The Prophet said, "It is for you, for your brother (i.e. its owner), or for the wolf." He further asked, "What about a lost camel?" On that the face of the Prophet became red (with anger) and said, "You have nothing to do with it, as it has its feet, its water reserve and can reach places of water and drink, and eat trees."

next: Suwaid bin Ghafala

Güven
05-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Narrated Suwaid bin Ghafala:
While I as in the company of Salman bin Rabi'a and Suhan, in one of the holy battles, I found a whip. One of them told me to drop it but I refused to do so and said that I would give it to its owner if I found him, otherwise I would utilize it. On our return we performed Hajj and on passing by Medina, I asked Ubai bin Ka'b about it. He said, "I found a bag containing a hundred Dinars in the lifetime of the Prophet and took it to the Prophet who said to me, 'Make public announcement about it for one year.' So, I announced it for one year and went to the Prophet who said, 'Announce it publicly for another year.' So, I announced it for another year. I went to him again and he said, "Announce for an other year." So I announced for still another year. I went to the Prophet for the fourth time, and he said, 'Remember the amount of money, the description of its container and the string it is tied with, and if the owner comes, give it to him; otherwise, utilize it.' "
Volume 3, Book 42, Number 616 (bukhari)

almost the same^:D

Next : Khalid bin Al-Walid

truemuslim
05-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Narrated Khalid bin Al-Walid: That he went with Allah's Apostle to the house of Maimuna, who was his and Ibn 'Abbas' aunt. He found with her a roasted mastigure which her sister Hufaida bint Al-Harith had brought from Najd. Maimuna presented the mastigure before Allah's Apostle who rarely started eating any (unfamiliar) food before it was described and named for him. (But that time) Allah's Apostle stretched his hand towards the (meat of the) mastigure whereupon a lady from among those who were present, said, "You should inform Allah's Apostle of what you have presented to him. O Allah's Apostle! It is the meat of a mastigure." (On learning that) Allah's Apostle withdrew his hand from the meat of the mastigure. Khalid bin Al-Walid said, "O Allah's Apostle! Is this unlawful to eat?" Allah's Apostle replied, "No, but it is not found in the land of my people, so I do not like it." Khalid said, "Then I pulled the mastigure (meat) towards me and ate it while Allah's Apostle was looking at me.

^ :)
next: Suwaid bin An-Nu'man

Güven
05-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Narrated Suwaid bin An-Nu'man:
We went out with Allah's Apostle to Khaibar, and when we were at As-Sahba', (Yahya, a sub-narrator said, "As-Sahba' is a place at a distance of one day's journey to Khaibar)." Allah's Apostle asked the people to bring their food, but there was nothing with the people except Sawiq. So we all chewed and ate of it. Then the Prophet asked for some water and he rinsed his mouth, and we too, rinsed our mouths. Then he led us in the Maghrib prayer without performing ablution (again).
Volume 7, Book 65, Number 296 (bukhari)

Next: Qatada

BintAmjad
05-27-2008, 10:34 PM

Narrated Qatada: We were in the company of Anas whose baker was with him. Anas said, The Prophet did not eat thin bread, or a roasted sheep till he met Allah (died).

Next Sahabah: Sa'd bin abi waqaas

Güven
05-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) left 'Ali b. Abi Talib behind him (as he proceeded) to the expedition of Tabuk, whereupon he ('Ali) said: Allah's Messenger, are you leaving me behind amongst women and children? Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses but with this exception that there would be no prophet after me.Book 031, Number 5914,Sahih Muslim

Next: Sahl bin Sad

cute123
05-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Narrated Sahl:
The Prophet said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar−Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it."

Sahih Bukhari , Volume 3 , Hadith 120

Next Sahabah: Anas (ra)

al Amaanah
05-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Narrated Anas ibn Maalik:

The Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wassalam said: "Straighten your rows and come close together, for indeed I see you behind my back." Al Bukhari

Next Sahabi:

An-Nu'maan ibn Basheer

cute123
05-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Narrated An−Nu`man bin Bashir: I heard Allah's Apostle saying,'Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between themthere are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from these suspicious things saves his religion and his honor. And whoever indulges in these suspicious things is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O people!) Beware! Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart.

Next Sahaba:Jarir bin `Abdullah (ra)

/------------/
Sis Al amaanah, if u could give the translation of ur sig , would be helpful :)

Güven
05-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Narrated Jarir bin 'Abdullah:
Allah's Apostle said, "Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind."
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 473 (bukhari)

Next: Imran bin Hussain (RA)

'Abd al-Baari
05-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Narrated 'Imran bin Hussain

Allah's Apostle saw a person sitting aloof and not praying with the people. He asked him, "O so and so! What prevented you from offering the prayer with the people?" He replied, "O Allah's Apostle! I am Junub and there is no water." The Prophet said, "Perform Tayammum with clean earth and that will be sufficient for you."

[Saheeh Bukhari | Book 7 | Hadeeth 344]

Next: Ibn Abbas Radiyallahu Anhu

cute123
05-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Note: I was a bit hesitant to post this Hadith, but may we derive good out of it Ameen ( this hadith was also said by Imran ibn Hussain(ra) )

Narrated Ibn `Abbas: The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell−fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."
Next Sahabah: Abu huraira (ra)

Güven
05-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "While a man was walking on a road. he became very thirsty. Then he came across a well, got down into it, drank (of its water) and then came out. Meanwhile he saw a dog panting and licking mud because of excessive thirst. The man said to himself "This dog is suffering from the same state of thirst as I did." So he went down the well (again) and filled his shoe (with water) and held it in his mouth and watered the dog. Allah thanked him for that deed and forgave him." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Is there a reward for us in serving the animals?" He said, "(Yes) There is a reward for serving any animate (living being) ."
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 38 (bukhari)

Next: Aisha (RA)

BintAmjad
05-29-2008, 10:02 PM

"Narrated ‘Aisha [a wife of Mohammed] The Prophet said, ‘All drinks that produce intoxication are Haram (forbidden) to drink." Bukhari vol.1 book 4 (Book of Ablution) ch.75 no.243 p.153.

Next: Ammar (RA)

Güven
05-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Narrated Ammar ibn Yasir:

I came to my family at night (after a journey) with my hands chapped and they perfumed me with saffron. In the morning I went to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and gave him a greeting, but he did not respond to me nor did he welcome me.

He said: Go away and wash this off yourself. I then went away and washed it off me. I came to him but there remained a spot of it on me. I give him a greeting, but he did not respond to me nor did he welcome me.

He said: Go away and wash it off yourself. I then went away and washed it off me. I then came and gave him a greeting.

He responded to me and welcomed me, saying: The angels do not attend the funeral of an unbeliever bringing good to it, nor a man who smears himself with saffron, nor a man who is sexually defiled. He said: He permitted the man who was sexually defiled to perform ablution when he slept, ate or drank.

Next: Abu Jahm b. Hudhaifa (RA)

cute123
06-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I didnt find hadith narrated by Abu Jahm :-[
waited for others to post. hence posting the hadith that includes Abu Jahm (ra) but is narrated by Aisha (ra)

Narrated `Aisha:
the Prophet prayed in a Khamisa (a square garment) having marks. During the prayer, he looked at its marks. So when he finished the prayer he said, "Take this Khamisa of mine to Abu Jahm and get me his Inbijaniya (a woolen garment without marks) as it (the Khamisa) has diverted my attention from the prayer."

Sahih Bukhari: Volume 1 , Hadith # 369
Next Sahabah :Saad Bin Waqqas (ra)

Amat Allah
06-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Book 031, Number 5914:
Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) left 'Ali b. Abi Talib behind him (as he proceeded) to the expedition of Tabuk, whereupon he ('Ali) said: Allah's Messenger, are you leaving me behind amongst women 4nd children? Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses but with this exception that there would be no prophet after me.

Sahih Muslim

next: Mus'ab bin. Sa'd( may Allah bless him)

Güven
06-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Narrator: Mus'ab
Sa'd used to recommend five (statements) and mentioned that the Prophet I used to recommend it. (It was) "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from miserliness; and seek refuge with You from cowardice; and seek refuge with You from being sent back to geriatric old age; and I seek refuge with You from the affliction of this world (i.e., the affliction of Ad-Dajjal etc.); and seek refuge with You from the punishment of the grave." Volume 8, Book 75, Number 376 (Bukhari)

Next: Anas bin Malik (RA)

Soulja Girl
06-01-2008, 01:11 PM

Anas b. Malik reported that some people belonging (to the tribe) of 'Uraina came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) at Medina, but they found its climate uncogenial. So Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to them: If you so like, you may go to the camels of Sadaqa and drink their milk and urine. They did so and were all right. They then fell upon the shepherds and killed them and turned apostates from Islam and drove off the camels of the Prophet (may peace be upon him). This news reached Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and he sent (people) on their track and they were (brought) and handed over to him. He (the Holy Prophet) got their hands cut off, and their feet, and put out their eyes, and threw them on the stony ground until they died. (Book 16, Number 4130)

Next: Al Bara' bin 'Azib

Güven
06-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Narrated Al-Bara:
The Prophet said (on the day of Idal-Adha), "The first thing we will do on this day of ours, is to offer the ('Id) prayer and then return to slaughter the sacrifice. Whoever does so, he acted according to our Sunna (tradition), and whoever slaughtered (the sacrifice) before the prayer, what he offered was just meat he presented to his family, and that will not be considered as Nusak (sacrifice)." (On hearing that) Abu Burda bin Niyar got up, for he had slaughtered the sacrifice before the prayer, and said, "I have got a six month old ram." The Prophet said, 'Slaughter it (as a sacrifice) but it will not be sufficient for any-one else (as a sacrifice after you). Al-Bara' added: The Prophet said, "Whoever slaughtered (the sacrifice) after the prayer, he slaughtered it at the right time and followed the tradition of the Muslims." Volume 7, Book 68, Number 453 (Bukhari)

Next: 'Abdullah bin Amr bin Al 'Aas

BintAmjad
06-01-2008, 09:13 PM

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Amr bin Al 'Aas: Allah's Apostle stopped (for a while near the Jimar) at Mina during his last Hajj for the people and they were asking him questions. A man came and said, "I forgot and got my head shaved before slaughtering the Hadi (sacrificing animal)." The Prophet said, "There is no harm, go and do the slaughtering now." Then another person came and said, "I forgot and slaughtered (the camel) before Rami (throwing of the pebbles) at the Jamra." The Prophet said, "Do the Rami now and there is no harm." The narrator added: So on that day, when the Prophet was asked about anything (as regards the ceremonies of Hajj) performed before or after its due time, his reply was: "Do it (now) and there is no harm." (Book #3, Hadith #83 Bukhari)

Next one:Nu'am Al-Mujmir (RA)

Güven
06-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Narrated Nu'am Al-Mujmir:
Once I went up the roof of the mosque, along with Abu Huraira. He perform ablution and said, "I heard the Prophet saying, "On the Day of Resurrection, my followers will be called "Al-Ghurr-ul-Muhajjalun" from the trace of ablution and whoever can increase the area of his radiance should do so (i.e. by performing ablution regularly).'
Volume 1, Book 4, Number 138 (bukhari)

Next: Umar Ibn Khattab (RA)

BintAmjad
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: Once a Jew said to me, "O the chief of believers! There is a verse in your Holy Book Which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed as a day of celebration." 'Umar bin Al-Khattab asked, "Which is that verse?" The Jew replied, "This day I have perfected your religion For you, completed My favor upon you, And have chosen for you Islam as your religion." (5:3) 'Umar replied,"No doubt, we know when and where this verse was revealed to the Prophet. It was Friday and the Prophet was standing at 'Arafat (i.e. the Day of Hajj)" (Book #2, Hadith #43 Bukhari)

Güven
06-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 12:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself

Next: Safwan bin Salim

Soulja Girl
06-07-2008, 07:43 AM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 35:

Narrated Safwan bin Salim:

The Prophet said "The one who looks after and works for a widow and for a poor person, is like a warrior fighting for Allah's Cause or like a person who fasts during the day and prays all the night."

Next: Mughira bin Shu'bah...

cute123
06-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Narrated Al−Mughira bin Shu`ba:

The Prophet said, "Allah has forbidden for you, (1) to be undutiful to your mothers, (2) to bury your daughters alive, (3) to not to pay the rights of the others (e.g. charity, etc.) and (4) to beg of men (begging). And Allah has hated for you (1) vain, useless talk, or that you talk too much about others, (2) to ask too many questions,
(in disputed religious matters) and (3) to waste the wealth (by extravagance).

Next Sahabah: Abu Huraira (ra)

Sahih Bukhari ,Volume 8 , Bk73, hadith # 8.6

Soulja Girl
06-07-2008, 08:04 AM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 38:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights."

Next: Jabir bin Abdullah Al-Ansari

Soulja Girl
06-14-2008, 06:48 AM

*Bump*

Güven
06-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
The Prophet said, Enjoining, all that is good is a Sadaqa."
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 50 (bukhari)

Next: Easy one , Aisha (RA):D

Al-Zaara
06-14-2008, 12:43 PM
"The most hated person in the sight of Allah is the most quarrelsome person."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 003 Book 043 Hadith number 637 Narrated by Aisha (r.a.)

Next: Abu Talha

Güven
06-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Abu Talha Ansari reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Angels do not enter the house in which there is a picture or portraits. I came to 'A'isha and said to her: This is a news that I have received that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) had said: Angels do not enter the house in which there is a picture or a dog, (and further added) whether she had heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) making a mention of it. She said: No (I did not hear this myself), but I narrate to you what I saw him doing. I bear testimony to the fact that he (the Holy Prophet) set out for an expedition. I took a carpet and screened the door with it. When he (the Holy Prophet) came back he saw that carpet and I perceived signs of disapproval on his face. He pulled it until it was torn or it was cut (into pieces) and he said: God has not commanded us to clothe stones and clay. We cut it (the curtain) and prepared two pillowa out of it by stuffing them with the fibre of date-palms and he (the Holy Prophet) did not find fault with it.
Book 24, Chapter 19, Number 5254 ,(Muslim)

btw There is not much hadith narrated by Abu Talha (RA) I think .

Next: Anas b. Malik (RA)

Al-Zaara
06-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Sahih Bukhari
Volume 1, Book 3, Number 108:
Narrated Anas:

The fact which stops me from narrating a great number of Hadiths to you is that the Prophet said: "Whoever tells a lie against me intentionally, then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire."

Next: Abu Dharr (radiAllahu anhu)

Güven
06-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Narrated Abu Dharr:

The Prophet said, Gabriel came to me and gave me the glad tidings that anyone who died without worshipping anything besides Allah, would enter Paradise. I asked (Gabriel), ‘Even if he committed theft, and even if he committed illegal sexual intercourse?’ He said, ‘(Yes), even if he committed theft, and even if he committed illegal sexual intercourse." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 579)

Next: Abu Bakr (RA)

Soulja Girl
06-14-2008, 06:58 PM

Narrated Abu Bakr: I said to the Prophet while I was in the Cave. "If any of them should look under his feet, he would see us." He said, "O Abu Bakr! What do you think of two (persons) the third of whom is Allah?" (Book 57, Number 5, Bukhari) :statisfie

Next: Ibn Abbas...

Güven
06-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "If somebody sees his Muslim ruler doing something he disapproves of, he should be patient, for whoever becomes separate from the Muslim group even for a span and then dies, he will die as those who died in the Pre-lslamic period of ignorance (as rebellious sinners).
Volume 9, Book 89, Number 257:Bukhari

Next: Abu Wail (Ra)

Soulja Girl
06-14-2008, 07:13 PM

Narrated Abu Wail: Abdullah (bin Mas'ud) said, "Whoever took a false oath in order to grab somebody's property will meet Allah while Allah will be angry with him." Allah revealed the following verse to confirm that:--"Verily! Those who purchase a small gain at the cost of Allah's covenant And their oaths...a painful torment." (3.77) Al-Ash'ath bin Qais came to us and asked as to what Abu Abdur-Rehman (i.e. Ibn Mas'ud) was telling you." We related the story to him. On that he said, "He has told the truth. This verse was revealed about me. I had some dispute with another man regarding a well and we took the case before Allah's Apostle. Allah's Apostle said (to me), "Produce two witnesses (to support your claim); otherwise the defendant has the right to take an oath (to refute your claim).' I said, 'The defendant would not mind to take a false oath." Allah's Apostle then said, 'Whoever took a false oath in order to grab someone else's property will meet Allah, Allah will be angry with him.' Allah then revealed what Confirmed it." Al-Ash'ath then recited the following Verse:--"Verily! Those who purchase a small gain at the cost of Allah's covenant, And their oaths . . . (to) . . . they shall have a painful torment!' (Book 8, Number 692, Bukhari)

Next: Jabir bin Abdullah...

Khayal
06-14-2008, 07:21 PM

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: We used to observe (Jumu’a) prayer with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and then we returned and gave rest to our camels used for carrying water. Hassan[ (one of the narrators) said: I asked Ja'far what time that was. He said.. It is the time when the sun passes the meridian

Book 4, Number 1869

Next: Iyas b. Salama b. al-Akwa’

Güven
06-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Narrated Iyas bin Salama bin Al-Akwa:

My father who was amongst those who had given the Pledge of allegiance to the Prophet beneath the Tree, said to me, "We used to offer the Jumua prayer with the Prophet and then depart at a time when the walls had no shade for us to take shelter in."
Volume 5, Book 59, Number 486: Bukhari

Next:Zaid bin Aslam (Ra)

Soulja Girl
06-15-2008, 09:15 AM

Narrated Zaid bin Aslam from his father: Umar said, O Allah! Grant me martyrdom in Your cause, and let my death be in the city of Your Apostle." (Volume 3, Book 30, Number 114, Bukhari)

Next: Zaid bin Thabit...

Güven
06-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Narrated Zaid bin Thabit:

When the Prophet set out for (the battle of) Uhud, some of those who had gone out with him, returned. The companions of the Prophet were divided into two groups. One group said, "We will fight them (i.e. the enemy)," and the other group said, "We will not fight them." So there came the Divine Revelation:-- '(O Muslims!) Then what is the matter within you that you are divided. Into two parties about the hypocrites? Allah has cast them back (to disbelief) Because of what they have earned.' (4.88) On that, the Prophet said, "That is Taiba (i.e. the city of Medina) which clears one from one's sins as the fire expels the impurities of silver."
Volume 5, Book 59, Number 380: Bukhari

Next: Qatada (RA)

Soulja Girl
06-15-2008, 01:35 PM

Volume 7, Book 65, Number 297:
Narrated Qatada:

We were in the company of Anas whose baker was with him. Anas said, The Prophet did not eat thin bread, or a roasted sheep till he met Allah (died). :cry:

Next: Khalid bin Walid...

Güven
06-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Narrated Khalid bin Al-Walid:

On the day of Mu'tah, nine swords were broken in my hand and only a Yemenite sword of mine remained in my hand.
Volume 5, Book 59, Number 565: Bukhari

Next: Abu Huraira (Ra)

Soulja Girl
06-29-2008, 04:45 PM

"Narrated Abu Huraira: I said, ‘O Allah’s Apostle! I hear many narrations from you but I forget them.’ He said, ‘Spread your covering sheet.’ I spread my sheet and he moved both his hands as if scooping something and emptied them in the sheet and said, ‘Wrap it.’ I wrapped it round my body, and since the I have never forgotten a single Hadith." (Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 56)

Next: Jabir bin Abdullah...

Güven
06-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: The Prophet said, "My similitude in comparison with the other prophets is that of a man who has built a house completely and excellently except for a place of one brick. When the people enter the house, they admire its beauty and say: 'But for the place of this brick (how splendid the house will be)!" [56:734] [Bukhari]

Next: Ibn Abbas(ra):D

Soulja Girl
06-29-2008, 05:02 PM

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: Allah's Apostle was the most generous of all the people, and he used to reach the peak in generosity in the month of Ramadan when Gabriel met him. Gabriel used to meet him every night of Ramadan to teach him the Qur'an. Allah's Apostle was the most generous person, even more generous than the strong uncontrollable wind (in readiness and haste to do charitable deeds). (Sahih Bukhari, Book1, Hadith Number 5)

Next: Umar bin al Khattab...

Güven
06-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: Allah's Apostle said, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intention and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for Allah and His Apostle, then his emigration was for Allah and His Apostle. And whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for." [2:51][Bukhari]

Next: Zaid bin Aslam (ra)

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 02:53 AM
Narrated Zaid bin Aslam that his father said: "I saw 'Umar bin Al-Khattab kissing the Black Stone and he then said, (to it) 'Had I not seen Allah's Apostle kissing you, (stone) I would not have kissed you.' " (Book #26, Hadith #679)

next: Salmaan al Farsi

Güven
06-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Narrated Salman-al-farsi: The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumua prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven." [13:8] (Bukhari)

Next :Ubaid-ullah bin 'Adi bin Al-Khiyar

BintAmjad
07-07-2008, 09:29 PM

Narrated Ubaidullah bin 'Adi bin Al-Khiyar:

That Al-Miqdad bin 'Amr Al-Kindi, who was an ally of Bani Zuhra and one of those who fought the battle of Badr together with Allah's Apostle told him that he said to Allah's Apostle, "Suppose I met one of the infidels and we fought, and he struck one of my hands with his sword and cut it off and then took refuge in a tree and said, "I surrender to Allah (i.e. I have become a Muslim),' could I kill him, O Allah's Apostle, after he had said this?" Allah's Apostle said, "You should not kill him." Al-Miqdad said, "O Allah's Apostle! But he had cut off one of my two hands, and then he had uttered those words?" Allah's Apostle replied, "You should not kill him, for if you kill him, he would be in your position where you had been before killing him, and you would be in his position where he had been before uttering those words."

Volume:5 Book :59 (Military Expeditions led by the Prophet)Number :354 (Bukhari)

Next: Abdullah bin Mas'ud

07-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Abdullah bin Mas’ood said that the Prophet (SAW) said, “The virtue of prayers performed in the night over Salaah performed in the day (Nafl) is like the virtue of charity given secretly over charity given openly.” [Tabraani]

Next: 'AbdurRahmaan bin 'awf

noorahmad
07-11-2008, 08:39 AM
‘Abdur-Rahman bin ‘Awf related the following interesting story in this regard: I was in the thick of the battle when two youths, still seemingly inexperienced in the art of fighting, one on the right and the second on the left. One of them spoke in a secret voice asking me to show him Abu Jahl. I asked about his intention, to which he replied, that he had a strong desire to engage with him in a combat until either of them was killed. It was something incredible to me. I turned left and the other said something to the same effect and showed a similar desire. I acceded to their earnest pleas and pointed directly at their target. They both rushed swiftly towards the spot, and without a moment’s hesitation struck him simultaneously with their swords and finished him off. They went back to the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh], each claiming that he had killed Abu Jahl to the exclusion of the other. The Prophet [pbuh] asked if they had wiped the blood off their swords and they answered that they had not. He then examined both swords and assured them that they both had killed him. When the battle concluded, Abu Jahl’s spoils were given to Mu‘adh bin ‘Amr bin Al-Jumuh, because the other Mu‘awwadh bin Al-‘Afrâ’ was later killed in the course of the same battle. At the termination of the battle, the Prophet [pbuh] wanted to look for this archenemy of Islam, Abu Jahl. ‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ud found him on the verge of death breathing his last. He stepped on his neck addressing him: "Have you seen how Allâh has disgraced you?" The enemy of Islam still defiantly answered: "I am not disgraced. I am no more than a man killed by his own people on the battlefield." And then inquired "Who has won the battle?" Ibn Mas‘ud replied "Allâh and His Messenger." Abu Jahl then said with a heart full of grudge "You have followed difficult ways, you shepherd!" Ibn Mas‘ud used to be a shepherd working for the Makkan aristocrats.

Ibn Mas‘ud then cut off his head and took it to the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] who, on seeing it, began to entertain Allâh’s praise:

"Allâh is Great, praise is to Allâh, Who has fulfilled His Promise, assisted His servant and defeated the confederates alone."

He then set out to have a look at the corpse. There he said:

"This is the Pharaoh of this nation."
[Sahih Al-Bukhari 1/444,2/568; Mishkat 2/352]

ibn umar

Caller الداعي
07-11-2008, 09:46 AM

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:
Allah's Apostle said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim. So he should neither oppress him nor hand him over to an oppressor. And whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs."‏
(bukhari)

ibn masood

Re.TiReD
07-11-2008, 12:11 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

During the Lifetime of Allah's Apostle the moon was split into two parts; one part remained over the mountain, and the other part went beyond the mountain. On that, Allah's Apostle said, 'Witness this miracle'...Narrated Ibn Masood in Bukhari.

Next: Ibn Ruwahah.

WassalamuAlaykum

Soulja Girl
08-16-2008, 12:00 PM

:bump:

Re.TiReD
08-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Ibn Ruwahah...anybody? :mmokay:

noorahmad
08-16-2008, 09:31 PM
havne found any hadith by her... srry sis

Olive
11-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Bump!

Looks like peeps are stuck with that one. So...

Next: 'Abdullah Bin Ja'far

Olive
12-14-2008, 12:27 PM
:bump1:

noorahmad
12-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Sahih Bukhari
Volume 4, Book 53, Number 345:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari:

A man amongst us begot a boy whom he named Al-Qasim. On that the Ansar said, (to the man), "We will never call you Abu-al-Qasim and will never please you with this blessed title." So, he went to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have begotten a boy whom I named Al-Qasim and the Ansar said, 'We will never call you Abu-al-Qasim, nor will we please you with this title.' " The Prophet said, "The Ansar have done well. Name by my name, but do not name by my Kunya, for I am Qasim."

Olive
12-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Next? :p

Re.TiReD
12-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Next is Layth Ibn Burdah....(I think he was a sahabah)

Olive
12-14-2008, 04:40 PM
I think he was a Tabi'i...

I found this:

Hammad ibn Ziyad narrated that Layth ibn Abi Burdah said: "I went to Maidah, where I met Abdullah ibn Salam, who said to me: "Would you like to visit a place visited by the Prophet (saw) and we will offer you sawiq and dates?.." Then he said, "when Allah gathers people on the Day of Judgment, He will remind them of His Blessings. One of His slaves will say: "Remind me of something, " and Allah will say: "Remember when you faced such and such adversity, and you prayed to Me, so I relieved you of it. Remember when you were traveling in such and such a place, and you asked Me to give you a traveling companion, and I did so... Remember when you asked for the hand of so and so the daughter of so and so, and others also asked for her hand, so I gave her to you to marry, and kept the others away." His slave will be standing before his Lord, Who will remind him of His many blessings". Then the narrator of this story (Layth) wept and said, I hope that no one will stand before his lord in this way, because the one who does so will be punished." (ie if Allah has to point out that which should be obvious, this is a sign of a person's ingratitude, and he will be punished).

Next: Mughira bin Shu'ba

nightingale
12-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba:

"The sun eclipsed in the life-time of Allah's Apostle on the day when (his son) Ibrahim died. So the people said that the sun had eclipsed because of the death of Ibrahim. Allah's Apostle said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death or life (i.e. birth) of some-one. When you see the eclipse pray and invoke Allah."

noorahmad
12-15-2008, 03:20 PM
next, Muadh Ibn Jabal

Esma
03-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Narrated Muadh Ibn Jabal:
I said to Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him): Inform me about an act which would entitle me to get into Paradise, and remove me away from Hell-Fire.
He (the Prophet) said: You have asked me about a matter (which ostensibly appears to be) difficult but it is easy to those for whom Allah, the Exalted, has made it easy. Worship Allah and do not associate anything with him, establish prayer, pay the Zakat, observe the fast of Ramadan and perform Hajj to the (sacred) House (Ka'bah). He again said: Should I not direct you to the gateways of good? ..

Next: Jabir bin Abdullah

Soulja Girl
03-07-2009, 08:53 AM

Forgot all about thiis thread! :ooh:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: My father was martyred on the day (of the battle) of Uhud, and he was in debt. His creditors demanded their rights persistently. I went to the Prophet (and informed him about it). He told them to take the fruits of my garden and exempt my father from the debts but they refused to do so. So, the Prophet did not give them my garden and told me that he would come to me the next morning. He came to us early in the morning and wandered among the datepalms and invoked Allah to bless their fruits. I then plucked the dates and paid the creditors, and there remained some of the dates for us.

Next: Abu Talha...

Esma
03-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Narrated Abu Talha:
I heard All-llah's Apostle saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house where in there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

noorahmad
03-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Narated By Anas bin Malik : Abu Talha had the greatest wealth of date-palms amongst the Ansar in Medina, and he prized above all his wealth (his garden) Bairuha', which was situated opposite the Mosque (of the Prophet). The Prophet used to enter It and drink from its fresh water. When the following Divine Verse came:

"By no means shall you attain piety until you spend of what you love," (3.92)

Abu Talha got up saying. "O Allah's Apostle! Allah says, 'You will not attain piety until you spend of what you love,' and I prize above al I my wealth, Bairuha' which I want to give in charity for Allah's Sake, hoping for its reward from Allah. So you can use it as Allah directs you." On that the Prophet said, "Bravo! It is a profitable (or perishable) property. (Ibn Maslama is not sure as to which word is right, i.e. profitable or perishable.) I have heard what you have said, and I recommend that you distribute this amongst your relatives." On that Abu Talha said, "O Allah's Apostle! I will do (as you have suggested)." So, Abu Talha distributed that garden amongst his relatives and cousins.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 004, Book 051, Hadith Number 030.

noorahmad
03-09-2009, 05:46 PM
next : Thumaamah ibn Abdullah

NIKKY
03-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Sayyidina Thumaamah ibn Abdullah radiyallahu anhu says, “Sayyidina Anas ibn Malik drank water in three breaths, and claimed that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam also drank water in the same manner.”

Sayyidina Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas radiyallahu anhu

Esma
03-21-2009, 04:44 AM
Sa'd Ibn Abi Waqqaas, (May Allaah be pleased with him), reported that Allaah's Messenger, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said: "He who intends to do harm to the people of Madeenah, Allaah would efface him just as water dissolves salt." [Muslim]

Next: Abdullah b Mas’ud

NIKKY
03-21-2009, 12:11 PM
‘Abdullah b. Mas’ud – Allah be pleased with him – said:

Falling asleep when remembering Allâh is from Shaytan; if you want you can test this: when you lie down and want to fall asleep, try remembering Allâh..

Hisham Al Dustawa i...

The-Deist
02-05-2015, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NIKKY
Hisham Al Dustawa
Couldn't find any hadiths from him but just necropsted here great game :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.