/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help from sincere muslims

aaliyah123
05-25-2008, 10:59 PM
asalaamu alaikum brothers and sisters, is there any sincere muslims who are willing to chip in an help me buy a sewing machine. i really want to be a tailor/dressmaker, mainly doing islamic attire, and whoever helps will insha Allah get a good deed and more good deeds any time someone buys islamic clothes coz that means they will be covering in a way that pleases Allah. this is no scam or anything, im a sincere sister. any help will be greatly appreciated. juzukallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
05-26-2008, 12:19 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

No offence sister. Firstly we can't tell if your request is genuine and secondly if I wanted to buy something, I'd sacrifice something else - like the internet. Even that's not necessary. You can buy a brand new sewing machine for less than £100. It shouldn't take long to save up inshaAllah.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-26-2008, 12:20 AM
How can anyone trust you? do you really think someone will just give his/her details and money just becuase you say you need sewing machine?

I mean if you had a good reputation around here and were trusted by members someone might consider it but you come here on LI with your first post asking for a sewing machine.

BTW I need a new Core 2 Duo laptop if anyones willing for a ood cause?

Snowflake
05-26-2008, 12:22 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb

I agree with the bro above!

@ bro.. let your baji get rich then ask again! :D

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Ehh bro, you could be nicer ya know.

Sorry sis...I don't really trust handing out info or anything. Maybe if I knew you in person I'd help ya out =/

aaliyah123
05-26-2008, 01:42 PM
wel thanks any way every one and yes i am sincere, i guess muslims aint how they used to be we should trust our brothers and sisters in islam. i totaly understand though but its a shame that the ummah has come to this. a muslim used to be able to ask for help and the muslim would get many resposes wanting to help, even if some1 was trying to scam you Allah wouldnt put the blame on you coz u was trying to do a good deed and that person who did the scaming would be punished by Allah, but i fear Allah and would never do such a thing. i would have at least appreiciated kinder responses although not all gave unkind responses. jzk and may Allah guide us all and bring back the brotherhood of al-islam, Ameen.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-26-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm sorry sister that you feel that way. I'm stuck a bit cause my mom doesn't know I'm come to this forum still and I dont work so I have no money. Even family wise I'm financially stuck...right now it's almost diffcult for me to pay for my classes...so umm forgive me sister InshaAllah. I'm not accusing you of being a scammer, since myself I'm in a tight situation. So I can barely help anyone else...
It would be a lot different though if I met you in person. InshaAllah you understand.

:sl: sis

aaliyah123
05-26-2008, 02:06 PM
asalaamu alaikum, 'jazzy' thank u very much for ur msg i reali appreciated it, i dont wish to put anyone under strain i understand and may Allah make it easy for u too u seem to be in a tighter situation than me, maybe one day il be in a position to help you and id love to, feel free to ask, dont hesitate as we r al family in islam. juzukala khair again :-) x x

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-26-2008, 02:08 PM
:w: sister. InshaAllah we can help each other =] We could even meet one day, who knows! Allahu Alam :) InshaAllah I hope Allah Ta'ala makes it easy for u too sister and for all of us. Ameen :)

:sl:

chacha_jalebi
05-26-2008, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaliyah123
wel thanks any way every one and yes i am sincere, i guess muslims aint how they used to be we should trust our brothers and sisters in islam. i totaly understand though but its a shame that the ummah has come to this. a muslim used to be able to ask for help and the muslim would get many resposes wanting to help, even if some1 was trying to scam you Allah wouldnt put the blame on you coz u was trying to do a good deed and that person who did the scaming would be punished by Allah, but i fear Allah and would never do such a thing. i would have at least appreiciated kinder responses although not all gave unkind responses. jzk and may Allah guide us all and bring back the brotherhood of al-islam, Ameen.
lol thats emotional black mail sis, no no no you cants doo that to us :laugh: *pours out wallet* *out come flies*:p

now seriously, sister how are we meant to help you, if it was like a little box and put money in there, i wouldnt mind seriously, but over the net, im wearyy over that, like on the net, its proper hard to trust the real established companies with your financial thins, let alone a complete stranger!

im sure if you put yourself in the situation of the people you are askin from, you will see that many people would be hesitant to help you! its got nothing to do with being muslim or not, its human nature, and inshallah just be patient, you will get your sewing machine! just spare a thought for those, who dont even have a electricty or a house to use a sewing machine!!

may Allah (swt) give you a sewing machine, as he says in surah at talaaq " whooever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him. He will make a way for him to get out from every (difficulty), and He will provide him from places he could never imagine."

so just keep up the duas, inshallah you will get what ya want! sorry if you felt any of us couldnt help you out

Snowflake
05-26-2008, 02:15 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Sister, I'm sure that most muslims, myself included would be willing to help you if they knew for sure your case was of genuine need. But we've had similar posts before which turned out to be frauds. I'm sure you appreciate our worries. If we start giving money where the situation is not dire then we'd be fools. Forgive me but it seems unreasonable to me that a sister is asking for money on the internet when she seems to be able to afford the internet? I do not see a desparate need here, rather a desire to do something with the money asked for. I need things to but am working on how to solve my financial problems and not even asking family for help.

Please read this hadith.

Once, a beggar from Al-Ansar came to the prophet (PBUH) who asked him: don’t you have anything in your homes? The man answered: yes, a piece, of a cloth, part which we wear, and part of which we lay on the ground; and a pot for water.

The prophet (PBUH) told him: Get them.

Then the prophet (PBUH) sold the cloth and the pot to one of his companions for two dirhams, gave the price to the man from Al-Ansar and told him: Buy food for your family with one dirham and buy an axe head with the other. When the man came back, the prophet (PBUH) fixed a wooden handle to the axe head and told the man: Go and cut wood; I do not want to see you for fifteen days.

The man worked as a wood cutter and came back after fifteen days with ten dirhams in his pocket. He was thus able to buy food and clothes for his family.

The prophet (PBUH) commented saying:

This is better for you than to be marked on the face, on the Day of Judgment.

Begging may not be allowed except in three cases:

Severe poorness, frightening debt or the express need to pay a ransom (deya).

Related by Abou Daoud.

Forgive me if I am mistaken and you are in desparate need as in you need money to work to feed your children or yourself. In that case I'd help you. Otherwise please forgive me for the stance I've taken in this matter.

http://www.alsiyada.net/fatwa.htm#When is Begging Allowed

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Umar001
05-26-2008, 02:17 PM
asalaamu alaikum brothers and sisters, is there any sincere muslims who are willing to chip in an help me buy a sewing machine. i really want to be a tailor/dressmaker, mainly doing islamic attire, and whoever helps will insha Allah get a good deed and more good deeds any time someone buys islamic clothes coz that means they will be covering in a way that pleases Allah. this is no scam or anything, im a sincere sister. any help will be greatly appreciated. juzukallah khair.
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah,

So you'd like money from people here to help you pay for a sawing machine?

Snowflake
05-26-2008, 02:20 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah,

So you'd like money from people here to help you pay for a sawing machine?

Brother please stop scaring us. The sister wants money for a sewing machine - not a SAWing machine :phew

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-26-2008, 02:24 PM
LOL! I never noticed he mispelt that....;D

Umar001
05-26-2008, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Brother please stop scaring us. The sister wants money for a sewing machine - not a SAWing machine :phew

wa alaikum asalam wr wb
Wa Alaykum Salam.

lol, yes, a sewing machin.:X

Jazakumullahu khayr sis.

Snowflake
05-26-2008, 02:41 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

NP bro, it gave us a good laugh ;D

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-26-2008, 07:18 PM

What do you mean ''it's is a shame the Ummah has come to this''? did you really expect brothers and sisters to start pouring out their wallets and purses just becuase you need a sewing machine? We are all here to help each other but we cant be gulliable and naive. The problem is here is your method of asking, like it has already been mention if you were to ask in person and the person you asked from knew you or knew your situation they would be more likely to understand why you need what you say you need and be inclined towards helping you.

We should trust our brothers and sisters but at the same time realise we are on the internet and there are many people online who arent what they want you to believe.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.