/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Treating Iraqi Kids in Israel

north_malaysian
05-26-2008, 05:55 AM
Treating Iraqi Kids in Israel
IslamOnline.net & Newspapers

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1211269413256&ampssbinarytrue - Aria, an 18-month-old baby, underwent a successful heart operation in Israel. (Times photo)
CAIRO — Some Iraqi parents are ready to go anywhere, even to Tel Aviv, to save their babies, while others insist Israel remains the enemy no matter what.

"I can honestly tell you that I didn't worry for a moment about where or who will operate on my daughter," Mohamed, a 37-year-old Kurdish aid worker, told The Times on Sunday, May 25.

"Nor did I worry about the reaction of my family and relatives."
Mohammed borrowed thousands of dollars to pay for an urgent heart surgery for his 22-month baby Souz, but doctors in Iraq and Jordan told him there was nothing they could do for her.

When he heard his baby could be treated in Israel, he did not hesitate.
"Anyone who blames me should put themselves in my place and live for nearly two years watching his daughter die in front of his eyes, and then tell me what he'd have done."

Iraq's leading cardiac clinic was burnt down during the 2003 US-led invasion of the country.

Since then, heart operations have not been available.

There are eleven Iraqi children being treated in Israel, sponsored by Save a Child's Heart (SACH), a humanitarian organization founded in Israel in 1996 and supported by Christian charity groups.

Enemy

Some parents still fear the stigma of being treated in Israel.

Mustafa, 4, has undergone two heart operations in Israel in six months.
"My only fear, which spoils my joy at my son's escape from death, is the revenge my family can expect when we go back to Iraq," says his mother.
Other parents rule out any possibility of getting help from Israel.

"We've been foes of Israel since before we were born," Shatha, whose two-year-old baby Sara needs surgery for a defective heart valve, told The Times.

She has turned down an offer to get her baby treated at the Edith Wolfson medical center in Israel.

"We firmly believe that they are our enemies. You can't change this overnight."

She is now planning to have the operation for little Sara performed in Algeria whose government has agreed to pay for 14 Iraqi children to be treated there rather than be sent to Israel.

Shatha's Kurdish friend has also rejected a similar offer of a free heart surgery for her son Ahmed in Israel.

"Now I can sleep with a clear conscience," she told The Times, requesting anonymity.

"I'm able to hold my head up high and not be ashamed by having my son treated in Algeria."

Source: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...ws%2FNWELayout

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
05-26-2008, 11:16 AM
In 5 years noone could build up for an entire country an hospital :?What happens with the childrens which belong to the families with smaller budget :?

islamirama
05-30-2008, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Iraq's leading cardiac clinic was burnt down during the 2003 US-led invasion of the country.
Comments (not mine):

This is part of the policy of normalization with the Zionist enemy adopted and implemented by the U.S., the Europeans and their Zionist master, and with the collaboration of the tyrant Arab traitors.

I cannot believe that Israeli doctors and facilities are better than Jordan's. Jordan's medical facilities and capabilities in all specialties are among the best in the Arab World, if not the best and doctors are trained on and perform the latest medical procedures. I have seen, first hand, people from many Arab states including Saudi Arabia, Syria, Libya and Iraq (before the occupation) in Jordanian hospitals seeking operations and treatment in various areas from open heart and kidney surgeries to laser eye treatment and fertility treatments. I suspect this midget made-in-Britain king of Jordan is collaborating with his masters in Tel Aviv and Washington.

Baaraka Allaah in our Algerian brothers.

wth1257
05-30-2008, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Treating Iraqi Kids in Israel
IslamOnline.net & Newspapers

Aria, an 18-month-old baby, underwent a successful heart operation in Israel. (Times photo)
CAIRO — Some Iraqi parents are ready to go anywhere, even to Tel Aviv, to save their babies, while others insist Israel remains the enemy no matter what.

"I can honestly tell you that I didn't worry for a moment about where or who will operate on my daughter," Mohamed, a 37-year-old Kurdish aid worker, told The Times on Sunday, May 25.

"Nor did I worry about the reaction of my family and relatives."
Mohammed borrowed thousands of dollars to pay for an urgent heart surgery for his 22-month baby Souz, but doctors in Iraq and Jordan told him there was nothing they could do for her.

When he heard his baby could be treated in Israel, he did not hesitate.
"Anyone who blames me should put themselves in my place and live for nearly two years watching his daughter die in front of his eyes, and then tell me what he'd have done."

Since then, heart operations have not been available.

There are eleven Iraqi children being treated in Israel, sponsored by Save a Child's Heart (SACH), a humanitarian organization founded in Israel in 1996 and supported by Christian charity groups.

Enemy

Some parents still fear the stigma of being treated in Israel.

Mustafa, 4, has undergone two heart operations in Israel in six months.
"My only fear, which spoils my joy at my son's escape from death, is the revenge my family can expect when we go back to Iraq," says his mother.
Other parents rule out any possibility of getting help from Israel.

"We've been foes of Israel since before we were born," Shatha, whose two-year-old baby Sara needs surgery for a defective heart valve, told The Times.

She has turned down an offer to get her baby treated at the Edith Wolfson medical center in Israel.

"We firmly believe that they are our enemies. You can't change this overnight."

She is now planning to have the operation for little Sara performed in Algeria whose government has agreed to pay for 14 Iraqi children to be treated there rather than be sent to Israel.

Shatha's Kurdish friend has also rejected a similar offer of a free heart surgery for her son Ahmed in Israel.

"Now I can sleep with a clear conscience," she told The Times, requesting anonymity.

"I'm able to hold my head up high and not be ashamed by having my son treated in Algeria."

Source: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...ws%2FNWELayout
What is wrong with this, Israel done awefull things, so has Kuwait, they are doing a good thing here, what's the problem?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
05-30-2008, 07:02 AM
The problem after me would be a country without hospital for heart surgery. In my country you must have a little more money to can afford to go out for surgery (upper middle class and rich). I had no idea the iraqi are so well financially if they can afford to go out and choose another country.

sister herb
05-30-2008, 07:18 AM
:sl:

Isreal has took part with USA to destroy social infrastrugture of Iraq. Now they take some kids to they hospitals from wellfare iraqi families and make it a big media happening.

This is not big media happening:

Two-month-old infant dies due to Gaza siege
[ 28/05/2008 - 04:48 PM ]

GAZA, (PIC)-- A two-month-old Palestinian baby and a 20-year-old youth died in Gaza on Wednesday as a result of the Israeli siege imposed on Gaza Strip that blocks entry of proper medication and bans travel for treatment.

Medical sources said that the infant Bashir Himmo and Jihad Ali, 20, who suffered cancer, died as a result of lack of proper medication and the travel ban.

The siege victims thus rose to five in the past 48 hours including three infants and the overall number rose to 169.

The popular anti siege committee had announced that 31% of the siege victims were children.

:raging: Interesting world we are living?

Karina
05-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Surely it is the Israeli government that is to be held accountable, not the very doctors and surgeons in the hospitals who are working to save lives, who do this without question and irrespective of the identity/religion/skin colour/nationality of a child?

Never mind conspiracy theories, principles and tit-for-tat attitudes, a child's life is so precious!

Azy
05-30-2008, 04:32 PM
That would mean seeing them as people.

On both sides there's the mentality that the opposition cannot do anything out of genuine human decency, it makes it easier to hate someone if you dehumanise them and lump them into one big evil group.

sister herb
06-01-2008, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
Surely it is the Israeli government that is to be held accountable, not the very doctors and surgeons in the hospitals who are working to save lives, who do this without question and irrespective of the identity/religion/skin colour/nationality of a child?

Never mind conspiracy theories, principles and tit-for-tat attitudes, a child's life is so precious!

Sure. http://www.freegaza.ps/english/

What about life of those 54 children from Gaza?

:raging:

wth1257
06-01-2008, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Sure. http://www.freegaza.ps/english/

What about life of those 54 children from Gaza?

:raging:
You understand all Israeli's arn't going for the destruction of the Palistinian people right?

What kind of hatred makes good people be agered that a country is treating CHILDREN, those 54 children killed in Gaza are awefull, and someday Israel's leaders will have to face justice, however don't sacrafice these Iraqui children to make a point about palistinian children.

arabianprincess
06-01-2008, 06:03 AM
hmmm very shocking ........... u think they wont do it.. since u know they hate us..i thought the government wouldnt allow it( since they control everything)..... but i guess i was wrong... hmmm still shocked...................

Nájlá
06-01-2008, 04:33 PM
wow that was shocking

The_Prince
06-01-2008, 04:42 PM
why are some of you shocked? are you so gullible and easy to be duped? this is propaganda by israel to show its supposedly a good caring person and doesnt hate Arabs, is your opinion really swayed by such nonsense?

i guess you missed the part where it said the Iraqi heart unit section was BURNT DOWN, it wouldve never been burnt down if USA didnt go to Iraq on Israel's behalf.

satan himself has helped people at times and given them some good things, so what?\

no wonderrrrrrrr goverments can so easily brainwash some ppl, you ppl already are duped by these small incidents forgetting the bigger picture, ah well ignorant ppl deserve everything they get.

wth1257
06-02-2008, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabianprincess
hmmm very shocking ........... u think they wont do it.. since u know they hate us..i thought the government wouldnt allow it( since they control everything)..... but i guess i was wrong... hmmm still shocked...................

The ISraeli government dosen't control everything in Israel, in fact the current PM is, with Bushy, and France+Argentina's Presidents one of the least popular leaders in the world.

Please don't view all Israeli's as one entity, it's no different than Westerners viewing all Muslims as one homogonous mass

wth1257
06-02-2008, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
why are some of you shocked? are you so gullible and easy to be duped?
No, however apparently you are

this is propaganda by israel to show its supposedly a good caring person and doesnt hate Arabs
Wasen't this actually a secret arangement untill the press exposed it?

is your opinion really swayed by such nonsense?
You can both condemn Israel's atrocities in the OT and appreciate when they do something good.

We can condemn Bush's agression while praising his good work with AID's in Africa.

No contradiction

i guess you missed the part where it said the Iraqi heart unit section was BURNT DOWN
BURNT DOWN by whome?

it wouldve never been burnt down if USA didnt go to Iraq on Israel's behalf.
Invaiding Iraw has been part of the Neocon agenda for a long time, they didn't act because Israel mandated it.

satan himself has helped people at times and given them some good things, so what?
So all Israeli's are Satan?

no wonderrrrrrrr goverments can so easily brainwash some ppl, you ppl already are duped
One of us is Brainwashed, or at least duped, that would be you.

by these small incidents forgetting the bigger picture
There helping Children, would you prefer these children die for your selfrightous hatred?

ah well ignorant ppl deserve everything they get.
I hope for your sake that's not true

arabianprincess
06-03-2008, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
The ISraeli government dosen't control everything in Israel, in fact the current PM is, with Bushy, and France+Argentina's Presidents one of the least popular leaders in the world.

Please don't view all Israeli's as one entity, it's no different than Westerners viewing all Muslims as one homogonous mass
im not viewin em them alll it was just shockin to me cuz ... from the news... u see em killin n hatin on arabs.. so i assume they wont help out... i mean im not sayin alll jews.. i do got friends who r jews here... n honestly i donnt believe its for a good cause ... its probably for showin ppl oh we r nice n innocnet n the other side hate us... since yall know ppl starting to be against isreal.... thats wat i think..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.