/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cover Your Mouth When You Yawn!

medlink student
05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
:sl:
Caution; As you wil be reading about yawning, you may yawn (psychology) so be ready to cover yr mouth :statisfie

Cover Your Mouth When You Yawn!

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Yawning is from Shaytaan, so if any of you feels the urge to yawn, let him resist it as much as he can." (Muslim, 2994)

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Sneezing is from Allaah and yawning is from Shaytaan. If any of you yawns, let him place his hand over his mouth. If he says ‘Ah, ah!’ (makes a noise when yawning), Shaytaan laughs from inside him." Abu ‘Eesaa said: this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth. (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, no. 2746; classified as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 4130)

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allaah loves the act of sneezing and dislikes the act of yawning. If any one of you sneezes and praises Allaah, it is a duty on every Muslim who hears him to say ‘Yarhamak Allaah (May Allaah have mercy on you).’ As for yawning, it is from Shaytaan, so if any of you feels the urge to yawn, let him resist it as much as he can, for if any of you yawns, the Shaytaan laughs at him." (al-Bukhari, Fath, no. 6226)

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allah loves sneezing and dislikes yawning. If any one of you sneezes and says ‘Al-hamdu Lillaah,’ it is a duty on everyone who hears him to say ‘Yarhamak Allaah.’ As for yawning, if any one of you feels the urge to yawn, let him resist it as much as he can, and do not say ‘Hah, hah’ (do not make a noise when yawning), for this is from Shaytaan and he laughs at it." Abu ‘Eesaa said: This is a saheeh hadeeth. (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 2747)

Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If any of you yawns, let him cover his mouth lest the Shaytaan enter." (Abu Dawud)

Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If any of you feels the urge to yawn, let him resist it as much as possible, lest the Shaytaan enter his mouth." (Imaam Ahmad)

From the reports quoted above, we may summarize the following:

1. That Shaytaan prompts the human to yawn, which is indicative of laziness and sluggishness.
2. That Shaytaan enters the person who yawns.
3. That Shaytaan laughs at man and makes fun of his ugly appearance when he is in that state.

The person who is praying must take care of the following:

1. He should resist yawning.
2. He should cover his mouth
3. He should suppress his voice (not make a sound).
:thumbs_up

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
05-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Subhan allah. Jazak allah khair brother for the advice, Shaytan love the muslim to be in all Laziness

Nerd
05-27-2008, 02:21 PM
does sneezing keeps the Satan at bay?

medlink student
05-27-2008, 02:25 PM
at bay ?? Huh?lol:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nerd
05-27-2008, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by o.elmais
at bay ?? Huh?lol:)
:-[As in keeping Satan away from us o.elamais

------
05-27-2008, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
does sneezing keeps the Satan at bay?
Do you have to ask unnecessary questions on every single thread?

Nerd
05-27-2008, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
Do you have to ask unnecessary questions on every single thread?
No, I don't. I was inquiring into the benefits of sneezing. And if there was any indication that sneezing indeed kept the Satan away from us. As both yawing and sneezing are talked about in the same Sentences in the above Hadiths.

medlink student
05-27-2008, 02:40 PM
i Don' know, sorry
:w:And Allah knows best

------
05-27-2008, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
No, I don't. I was inquiring into the benefits of sneezing. And if there was any indication that sneezing indeed kept the Satan away from us. As both yawing and sneezing are talked about in the same Sentences in the above Hadiths.
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-sneezing.html

Nerd
05-27-2008, 02:59 PM
^ thank you Sister Serene, for that explanation.

Amat Allah
05-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Asalamo Alikom

mashaa Allah great thread my dear ...

may Allah protect us all from shaitan and reward us with the paradise...

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

truemuslim
05-27-2008, 08:37 PM
subhanallah brother\
this is very good
Jazakallah khair for this!

jzcasejz
05-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Caution; As you wil be reading about yawning, you may yawn (psychology) so be ready to cover yr mouth :statisfie
I yawned as soon as I read the title of the thread! :omg:

Anyways, jazaakAllaah khayr for posting this Bro!

Güven
05-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Jazakallahu Khair
I Noticed when I pray, I Yawn ALot more than normal, I mean ALOT more :) Its not normal anymore I almost fel in sleep while praying Astagfurallah

Ali.
05-27-2008, 10:06 PM
This might sound stupid but I have...tips...on how to...halt your yawning?

Whenever you feel your about to yawn, grit your teeth together. If that doesn't work, grit your teeth and swallow!

truemuslim
05-27-2008, 10:08 PM
^ yeh lol that works. no it doesnt sound stupid. lol
just talkin bout yawning makes me yawn! LOL. the TITLE of this thing made me yawn! LOL

Güven
05-27-2008, 10:09 PM
^Actualy it doesnt work, I already tried that :D

truemuslim
05-27-2008, 10:12 PM
^ worked for me. try it right when u feelin u about to yawn
omg seriously everytime i come back to this thread i bout to yawn! LOL

Güven
05-27-2008, 10:20 PM
^I was Yawnin While I was reading your comment Lol:D
but sometimes my yawnes comes totally unexpected and then I dont have time to use that trick :)

Ali.
05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
^I was Yawnin While I was reading your comment Lol:D
but sometimes my yawnes comes totally unexpected and then I dont have time to use that trick :)
You can do it while your yawning bro'; the whole point of gritting teeth is because you know when you yawn you open your mouth really wide? It's hard to close it back so you have to (really) try to grit your teeth back together. The swallowing is just...extra. It works for me anyway.

cute123
05-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Jazaikhair for the hadith akhee

al Amaanah
05-28-2008, 08:16 AM
jazak Allahu khair 4 the reminder

medlink student
05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
try blowing out :D works for me...

Lonely Gal
05-28-2008, 11:38 AM
I was told, when your about to yawn remember that the Prophet did not yawn and this should stop u from yawning or at least shorten it....

medlink student
06-17-2009, 10:41 PM
***Bump***

abd as samad
01-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Jazakallahu khairan

This thread is very good tabarakallah

Could you provide all the ahadith here in arabic?

Faatin
02-19-2011, 04:14 AM
I have noted this down.
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
This might sound stupid but I have...tips...on how to...halt your yawning?

Whenever you feel your about to yawn, grit your teeth together. If that doesn't work, grit your teeth and swallow!

Skunkman
02-19-2011, 11:55 AM
oh, I didn't know this. I do this almost all the time in my class. It feels natural sitting on a chair for 8 hours non-stop litsening to boring stuff.

IneedAllah
02-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Lool this is so true! I literally started yawning! But luckily i covered my mouth! :D
Anyway yeah..thanks for the advice..it really helped!! :)

breezes
02-20-2011, 04:19 PM
lol
Jazakallah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.