/* */

PDA

View Full Version : another baby? Please help.

innocent
05-27-2008, 04:31 PM
I was listening to Dr Zakir Naik the other day on Peace TV. It was a question about contraception and having kids etc and he said you shouldnt use contraception cos Allah made natural contraception in the form of breastfeeding. So you shouldnt prevent a baby from coming to the world.

Now I have 2 children and I also have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which amongst other things makes it very difficult to conceive. There is no way I can get pregnant unless I go to the doctor and get treatment. So if i dont do this am I committing a sin. I'm not actually stopping a baby from coming am I?
Or am I obliged to seek this treatment from the doctor?
I hope someone can help. Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-28-2008, 09:20 AM
*Bump*

Can somebody please give Innocent some Islamic advice?

This is my personal (and not Islamic) reply:
As I understand your post, you have a medical condition which means that you are not likely to get pregnant without medical intervention.
And you fear that by not getting that treatment which will help you to conceive, you commit a sin by not enabling another baby to be born?

You already have two children. Why not enjoy them for a while, and then decide if you want more ...
Have you thought about if you want more children, and how many?
What does your husband feel?

Do you think Allah wants you to be a breeding machine?
Surely he wants you to live a fulfilled life, being the best you can be as a mother and wife.

P.S. For muslimahs who are interested, I have started a thread on this topic in the mixed female section. (I didn't want to take this advice thread off topic)
Come and find me there ... :)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuh

ukhtee ask

www.islamqa.com <-- here

or

www.islamtoday.com <-- here

i hope you find your answer from a qualified imaam inshaAllaah. Or you could watch islam channel when islamqa is on and phone them up :)

Umar001
05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Any girl is not likely to get pregnent unless they marry, but I have never read any scholar saying a girl must marry, otherwise she is creating a form of contraception.

Your condition is not common, so it is likely that there isn't a fatwa online for it, there maybe general ones, about contraception in general, but your condition is not general.

What you may want to do is, get a telephone number from the student of knowledge section, a scholar's number and ask them. Or you can email a question on Islamqanda and see if they reply.

Edit: As for contraception, it varies, depeding on various factors, what type of contraception, why it is used etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
05-28-2008, 04:46 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb sis,

You are not deliberately avoiding preganancy. Your health condition isn't a form of contraception that you have chosen. What Dr Zakir Naik was implying was that it's not recommended to deliberately prevent pregnancy without a valid reason if a woman is able to get pregnant.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.