/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and race (color)

Questfortruth
05-28-2008, 09:04 AM
:sl:

Hello everyone

There is a racist muslim. Who has had some bad experience and this experience is moving him away from religion. He started to question islam because he believes there are some superior race like whites and inferior like the darker people browns and blacks. His question was "If we all come from Adam and Haw'aa A.S. then where did the different race come from?" What is the islamic point of view on different race. Also, He asked why is it the white race is advanced and smarter then other race? Why is it the more darker a human is they tend to be more violent and less educated? I personally disagree with him because I know plenty of black and brown successful people. But the statics do prove the most violent crimes are commited by the black race. I personally believe this has nothing to do with race rather a mix of poor people with no believe in afterlife (hope). Which could result in gangster life style. Most of the black people I meet at mosques who are really religious tend to be generous and very educated on matters of deen. Why is the western society so much more successful in human rights and freedom for everyone? Whereas the 3rd or the dark world is backward with Imams and everyone not speaking out agiasnt oppression? He also claims Hamza Yusuf has the same mind set. In his interview where he asked muslims "Where are the muslim doctors without borders?" Which is true where are muslim doctors without borders?

All of those questions where his none of them were mine I did try to respond him back. I did include my responses to him in the paragraph. Waiting for a response.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
smile
05-29-2008, 06:03 PM
"...made them into nations and tribes so they might come to know one another"
Quran

adeeb
06-12-2008, 05:45 AM
you may find the reason in hadeeth, that Allah has made adam's son and daughter in different colors even they come from the same parent.

Malaikah
06-12-2008, 06:12 AM
:sl:

What country do you live in?

It may very well be that the reason 'black' people in your country are 'behind' others is because of their socio-economic situations. Some classes of people within a society come from disadvantaged backgrounds, hence why they appear to be not as smart, when reality it has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with the situation they are raised and live in. Often this isn't their fault, but the 'white' peoples fault.

I can only give you an example of my own country. In Australia, the indigenous community is fairly 'behind' the rest, because of their history and mistreatment at the hand of the white British settlers. Their communities were destroyed, they suffered from racism, they were allowed to become dependant on alcohol, their children were stolen from them, all because of how they were treated by the British settlers.

And today they tend to be live in worst conditions compared to others communities.

Does this make them inferior and stupider than the rest? NO. It simply means they did not come from the same privileged background as the rest ('white'), it means they do worse than the rest because they live in worse conditions, because they don't have the same opportunities as anyone else, because they were treated as inferiors by the people who your friend thinks are 'superior'.

This is in no way meant to make 'white' people look bad, it simply reflects Australian history and explains why the indigenous community does worse generally than other communities.

Your friend really needs to get in touch with reality, may Allah guide him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
06-12-2008, 06:31 AM
In my country the Indian Muslims which are darker than the Malays are the most successful muslim ethnic group...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.