/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drop outta high school

truemuslim
05-28-2008, 03:38 PM
assalamu alikom
when can u drop outta high school in the u.s.???? my teacher wont tell me, yeh i kno they all so evil, but seriously plzzz tell me noww!

wa3alaikum assalam

p.s. no debating.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
05-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Oooh no!

Why would you wanna drop out? You seem to be such a smart girl!

Don't you want to make the Ummah poud and show how Muslim women get well-educated and destroy those cultural yucky-demands that say a woman doesn't need or should get education?

You made me sad now. imsad How could you! imsad

truemuslim
05-28-2008, 03:52 PM
no no no i said no debating, u talked me into goin back and workin in school once, and now im not goin back , i sweared by allah so just give up.
tell me wut grade, thats all

Al-Zaara
05-28-2008, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
no no no i said no debating, u talked me into goin back and workin in school once, and now im not goin back , i sweared by allah so just give up.
tell me wut grade, thats all
Ach, my little sister, you're really cute, hope you know that! :statisfie

May Allah protect you and always guide you to the right path! Amiin!

Lastly.. I have no idea when you can drop out in the U.S.A.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
05-28-2008, 04:01 PM
am not lil sista man--girl..women..wutever
nvrmind then
lets wait den till a u.s.a. person com by.
gosh i coiulda saved da trouble wit my teacher but noooo . :raging:

neway
jazakallah khair sis :)

Al-Zaara
05-28-2008, 04:05 PM
am not lil sista man--girl..women..wutever
Haha, aww. :D

jazakallah khair sis :)
We iyyaki.

Though I would believe you could find your information if you google it? Maybe it's different from state to state.. Eh, yea, wait for an American to come and answer.

Umar001
05-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Maybe this will help,

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4144549AADNB2G

Also:

The ages for compulsory education vary by state, beginning at ages five to eight and ending at the ages of fourteen to eighteen.[2] A growing number of states are now requiring school attendance until the age of 18.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_school_system

I guess you are not a lilsister and know what you are doing insha'Allah so no point in talking you out of things. I'm very happy you've made your own decision and weighed up the good and bad of the situation and are brave enough to cope with the consequences. May Allah make it good for you.

I guess this thread can be closed now?

truemuslim
05-28-2008, 04:37 PM
16? cool.
one more year then
thank u bro
and yes i am a listener, i went back, did everyhing...and then...um...something happened so forget it.
i have final exams for math today in like 10 minutes.........shud i go?
well when i think bout it i'm not benifitting anything from it, my mom sits there cursing me, my dad sits there saying im not doing school, so if im doing school and they say im not doing school, and they dont care bout anything thats goin on, then why should i care??
yesterday im catching up in SOOO MANY things in school, got like all over 90% in everything i did, and my mom comes by and she hits me and says "Gi'alash shalal" (god curse me wit some sickness) and im really confused, and she says "Gi'alash saratan" (god curse me wit cancer) then she starts saying may allah curse me wit cancer of heart, cancer of tongue (wutever that is) cancer of liver, cancer of skin, cancer of everythin, god never forgive me, god make me and my dad die now, god .... a bunch of stuff...all i could say is "Ameen, ameen, ameen, ameen, ameen" to everything..(she didnt hear me of course) , i ask her what did i do? she lik "You been here for hours! What are u doing?!" and she can clearly see my books in front of me and me working on them.
ok so im not ALLOWED to do school then, so why would i do it?
brother plz dont think am not a listener, and please dont think im not taking any of your peoples advice, coz i do, why else would i work in school again??

Umar001
05-28-2008, 05:02 PM
16? cool.
one more year then
thank u bro
and yes i am a listener, i went back, did everyhing...and then...um...something happened so forget it.
i have final exams for math today in like 10 minutes.........shud i go?
well when i think bout it i'm not benifitting anything from it, my mom sits there cursing me, my dad sits there saying im not doing school, so if im doing school and they say im not doing school, and they dont care bout anything thats goin on, then why should i care??
yesterday im catching up in SOOO MANY things in school, got like all over 90% in everything i did, and my mom comes by and she hits me and says "Gi'alash shalal" (god curse me wit some sickness) and im really confused, and she says "Gi'alash saratan" (god curse me wit cancer) then she starts saying may allah curse me wit cancer of heart, cancer of tongue (wutever that is) cancer of liver, cancer of skin, cancer of everythin, god never forgive me, god make me and my dad die now, god .... a bunch of stuff...all i could say is "Ameen, ameen, ameen, ameen, ameen" to everything..(she didnt hear me of course) , i ask her what did i do? she lik "You been here for hours! What are u doing?!" and she can clearly see my books in front of me and me working on them.
ok so im not ALLOWED to do school then, so why would i do it?
brother plz dont think am not a listener, and please dont think im not taking any of your peoples advice, coz i do, why else would i work in school again??
Sister I didn't say listener, I said lilsister, because you said: 'am not lil sista man--girl..women..wutever' and I am happy you are mature.

Sister, do you want to leave school? Or is your fastruation caused by people around making you think you want to leave school?

truemuslim
05-28-2008, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Sister I didn't say listener, I said lilsister, because you said: 'am not lil sista man--girl..women..wutever' and I am happy you are mature.

Sister, do you want to leave school? Or is your fastruation caused by people around making you think you want to leave school?
oh sorry :-[
Noway, school is all cool for me, i don't wanna leave, but if i cant do it and no one will let me do it, then why should i do it?
I guess i had no choice for the math exams that are right now, so i could just guess on every answer, right? Well I did that on the science, social studies, and writing exams so i don't think this will harm anything now would it? Nope.:D

Umar001
05-28-2008, 05:18 PM
oh sorry :-[
Noway, school is all cool for me, i don't wanna leave, but if i cant do it and no one will let me do it, then why should i do it?
I guess i had no choice for the math exams that are right now, so i could just guess on every answer, right? Well I did that on the science, social studies, and writing exams so i don't think this will harm anything now would it? Nope.:D
Well if you dont have a choice then why are you asking when you can leave? If you don't have a choice then you dont have a choice!

snakelegs
05-28-2008, 05:21 PM
you said no debating, but all i have to say, is that if you quit school, you are just taking the easy way out and giving up. but it's not really the easy way - you will be guaranteeing that you will be a loser - like those people you mention in detroit. you will be throwing away your options.
you're an intelligent sister and you have a goal/dream - to become a doctor.
are you willing to fight for that or just let yourself get pushed around and "married off" against your will at 16? you know that's not what you want.
do you really want to set this kind of an example for your younger sister?
ok, i will shut up but please do some serious thinking before you screw things up for your future. :hiding:

truemuslim
05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Well if you dont have a choice then why are you asking when you can leave? If you don't have a choice then you dont have a choice!
What??
Ok, I WANT to do school, very bad, BUT when i DO they mess everything up and not LET me do it. They want me to do good in school, BUT they DONT CARE, They don't KNOW that i wanna drop out, Im the only one who knows that,
When i said i dont have a choice about the final exam i meant i HAVE to attend it, but since im going to HAVE to attend it and im not going to gain anything or benifit then why would i try in it? why not gues for every question?

Lina
05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
:sl:

Ok, you're dropping out of high school. Then what? Made any other plans?

Please don't think that dropping out of high school will magically solve al your problems. It won't.

snakelegs
05-28-2008, 05:23 PM
you try in the exam because it is easy for you.
you know, things may look completely different a year from now - so why screw it up?

truemuslim
05-28-2008, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina
:sl:

Ok, you're dropping out of high school. Then what? Made any other plans?

Please don't think that dropping out of high school will magically solve al your problems. It won't.
then...
then i do what ever the hell they want me to do, get married, waste life, and die. :D
perfect plans for my future. see i did plan it all.
if i dont drop out then what am i benifitting???NOTHING, i CANT do school, its liek i DONT HAVE THE PERMISSION to do school. so how do i stay in school but not do good??

MaiCarInMtl
05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
What??
Ok, I WANT to do school, very bad, BUT when i DO they mess everything up and not LET me do it. They want me to do good in school, BUT they DONT CARE, They don't KNOW that i wanna drop out, Im the only one who knows that
They? Your parents? How do they mess things up? They won't let you go to school or they won't let you study?

Then you go on to say that they want you to do well in school but they don't care - this sounds very contradictory.

Then you say you want to go to school but you want to drop out.

I'm sorry, but seem to be contradicting yourself all over the place.

In the end, you do schooling for yourself and no one else. Sometimes you have people to hold you by the hand every step of the way and sometimes you don't. If you want to be in school, then do it! You'll be thankful for it later. If you want to drop out, then do it (but I really don't suggest it - I've seen many people drop out and they regret it and end up paying for it their whole life).

You need to think things over and decide what it is that YOU want. Then take the necessary steps to get what YOU want. You can't go around living life like others want you to - you'll feel beyond empty and you'll be angry with yourself for letting others rule your life. Trust me, I did it for most of my life.

truemuslim
05-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Yes my parents
when i do school, catch up, anything that is school related, they do something to not let me, so if i cant go to school why would i go? I WANT to go, but i guess they holding me down, so i CANT go.

Umar001
05-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Ok, you can't go khalas, no debating right?

The age varies from state to state you will need to speak to someone in your state. Now, if you want to stay in school, speak to your parents etc.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.