/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dunkin' Donuts ads pulled because of "muslim terrorist" scarf

MKE Brother
05-29-2008, 07:59 PM
This my friends, is ridiculous; http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/29/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

The original blog; http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/28...yeh-kerfuffle/

Perhaps Michelle needs a bit of education or a Xanax, most likely both because no one can actually be that ignorant and have a good opinion.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ninth_Scribe
05-29-2008, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MKE Brother
This my friends, is ridiculous; http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/29/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

The original blog; http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/28...yeh-kerfuffle/

Perhaps Michelle needs a bit of education or a Xanax, most likely both because no one can actually be that ignorant and have a good opinion.
OMG! I thought this was a joke or something... but's it's real? Quick someone, hide the Zebras... They'll probably be next!

Those are cherry trees and George Washington confessed when he chopped one down, right?

The Ninth Scribe

MKE Brother
05-29-2008, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
OMG! I thought this was a joke or something... but's it's real?
I know, it almost seems like something you would read in The Onion but it is the awful truth.

NYCmuslim
05-29-2008, 11:07 PM
This is one of the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while.

Ignorance at its finest...:enough!:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Izyan
05-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Michelle is really good at exposing fake soldiers confessing fake atrocities but outside of that she's as out of touch as Ann Coulter.

Whatsthepoint
05-30-2008, 06:32 PM
what the f...?

:rollseyes:rollseyes:rollseyes

truemuslim
05-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Lol i swear i thought its one of those loser jokes things that try so hard to be funny but arent. omg. i guess now its funnier.

islamirama
06-01-2008, 03:48 AM
professor says links to extremism are narrow-minded and even racist.

CAIR: Dunkin' Donuts Scarf Ad Flap 'Silly' (Reuters)

A move by Dunkin' Donuts to pull an online ad featuring Rachael Ray after a blogger dubbed the celebrity chef's scarf "hate couture" was an "incredibly silly situation," a U.S. Islamic lobby group said on Thursday.

The ad, online for two weeks before Dunkin' Donuts removed it last weekend, showed TV host Ray wearing a black and white scarf that some critics likened to a keffiyeh, a traditional Arab headdress. . .

"It's sad that Dunkin' Donuts pandered to that kind of fear-mongering. They have businesses in the Middle East, in the Arab world. It's interesting to see how that will affect business there," said Ahmed Rehab, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

- CAIR: Ad Pulled over Alleged ‘Keffiyah’ Link (NY Post)

"I think it's a mistake to demonize a single article of clothing," said Ahmed Rehab, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations. "Yes, maybe some suicide bombers have worn it, but so have a million other non-suicide bombers. It'd be as ludicrous as decrying clothes because all 19 people involved in the Sept. 11 attacks wore clothes."

- CAIR: Can I Not Drink My Coffee in a Keffiyeh? (Chicago Trib)

Malaikah
06-01-2008, 05:33 AM
:sl:

That is just plain ridiculous.

crayon
06-01-2008, 05:51 AM
So I'm guessing wearing one of these kaffiyahs in the west wouldn't recommended...:omg:

truemuslim
06-01-2008, 05:57 AM
^ guess not :(

I would lLOOVE to wear an arab scarf, u kno those that they wear at war! LOL
So wanna see there reaction! LOL !!!!!

arabianprincess
06-01-2008, 06:08 AM
its allll over the place.... its like a fashion statementtttttttttt these days.. anywhere u go .. ppl r wearing it .... i wanna wear it.. im still waitin for mine to come from the middle east... n yeah about rachel.. u know at E News where i heard about it so they took it out.. i havnt seen that commerical yet .. i guess they took it out... anywayz salamz

Malaikah
06-01-2008, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
So I'm guessing wearing one of these kaffiyahs in the west wouldn't recommended...:omg:
:sl:

The first person I saw wearing one was a non-Muslim Australian male in his early twenties.

Normal people aren't stupid enough to think that by wearing one you are going to blow up the closest bus. Heaps of ppl probably won't even know what it is.

Questfortruth
06-01-2008, 10:42 AM
I personally hate Fox News. Fox news is probably the worst news channel in America. Recently, I watched CNN with Glenn Beck. This guy is clearly anti muslim bigot. American media recently increased in their hatred for muslims. If this trend continues I would not be surprised if most of the Americans hate muslims or worse want to kill them.

Pk_#2
06-01-2008, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Loads of people wera it here, even Non-Muslims, what am I chattin, especially Non-Muslims!! Not cause they're terrorists its a fashion statement innay.. Duh! They wan b the next Bin Laden look how famous he is??!! Na kiddin. It jus luks cool..

Snowflake
06-01-2008, 01:20 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

^ I seen them scarves in pink in B&H for little girls :D shame they didn't have larger ones :(

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

islamirama
06-03-2008, 02:40 AM
This week added insult to injury:

1) Insult
Dunkin Donuts ran an ad with Rachael Ray (America's favorite 30-minute cook)...

Yes, that's a kaffiyeh!

We take delight in the way the kaffiyeh, a traditional peasant head covering, has become a fashionable part of U.S. pop culture. And here it was in a Dunkin Donuts ad!

But not so fast, said Michelle Malkin - a far right buffoon who often utters anti-Arab and anti-Muslim sentiments. Malkin accused Dunkin Donuts of failing to recognize that the kaffiyeh "symbolizes murderous Palestinian jihad" and is "a regular adornment of Muslim terrorists appearing in beheading and hostage-taking videos."
Instead of weathering the silly dust-up, Dunkin Donuts folded and pulled the ad.
We cannot tolerate a situation where Michelle Malkin defines what is culturally acceptable, in effect becoming the P.C. Czarina of the far right.

Tell Dunkin Donuts to reinstate the online ad, and let them know that they should not be bullied by petty bloggers. Make your voice heard.
The head of marketing at Dunkin Donuts is Frances Allen; her e-mail address is frances.allen@dunkinbrands.com

The Dunkin Donuts Customer Care service line: (800) 859-5339. Be patient calling this number, it takes some time to get through. You can e-mail your concerns to customerservice@dunkinbrands.com or send a letter to:

Dunkin' Donuts Public Relations Department
130 Royall Street
Canton, MA 02021
Tel: 781.737.5200

2) Injury

Much more seriously, and even less explicably, as The New York Times and AP reported today, eight Palestinians in Gaza have lost their Fulbright scholarships.

Why?

Because the Israeli government would not let them out of Gaza, and the U.S. government never lifted a finger to help resolve the situation - and that is the most shameful aspect of the whole affair. U.S. silence.

Born of the same type of anti-Arab bias that fuels attacks on kaffiyehs in ads, this time it frustrated the purpose of one of the most prestigious U.S. public diplomacy programs, U.S. efforts to promote peace and build Palestinian civil institutions, and shattered the dreams of eight promising young people - people who are exactly what U.S. policy depends on. "I was building my hope on this scholarship," says one disappointed young woman who, according to the article in the New York Times, voluntarily remained in Gaza even as her family fled.

This outrage should not be allowed to stand.

The Fulbright program provides life-changing opportunities for young men and women all over the world. Palestinians should not be denied the right to participate in this because of Israeli obstructionism, and the U.S. should not be silent in the face of this Israeli behavior.

Let the responsible parties know that you insist that the Fulbright scholarships be reinstated, and that Israel be pressed to allow the awardees to travel:

Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board Chair
Ms. Shirley Moore Green
greenm@state.gov

Office of Israel and Palestinian Affairs
Political Affairs Office
Matthew Rosenstock
(202) 647-1481
rosentstockms@state.gov

Deputy Secretary of State for Visa Services
Stephen A. "Tony" Edson
(202) 647-9584
tonye@state.gov

VizierX
06-03-2008, 03:33 AM
Michelle Malkin, that shrill crank makes me almost physically sick.

north_malaysian
06-03-2008, 03:41 AM
Christian Arabs wear keffiyeh too..... What's their problem with Middle Eastern clothing? :exhausted

arabianprincess
06-03-2008, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
I personally hate Fox News. Fox news is probably the worst news channel in America. Recently, I watched CNN with Glenn Beck. This guy is clearly anti muslim bigot. American media recently increased in their hatred for muslims. If this trend continues I would not be surprised if most of the Americans hate muslims or worse want to kill them.
omg i cant stand that guy at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll ..... i hate his show.. i mean i dont like when ppl just put one side of the story.. or because one person did somethin wrong he blames it on alllll muslims but if a christan did anythin... he doesnt blame it on the religion.... hes not the only one who does that...... or when he said..... dont let them go to madrassah cuz they teach them terroist come on now.... madrassah mean SCHOOOOOOL in arabic... y cant ppl get that :raging: :phew anyway ... calm down... ooooh... im done peace

islamirama
06-04-2008, 05:06 AM
HOPE ON THE HORIZON FOR LOST FULBRIGHT SCHOLARSHIPS

islamirama
06-06-2008, 02:36 AM
Current Issues TV www.currentissues.tv
Please help us in our campaign.

Current Issues TV and Radio is launching a new project to defend the Palestinian scarf, the symbol of freedom around the World. We promised our listeners and viewers to send them a free Palestinian scarf to wear proudly to defeat the likes of Michelle Malkin and others. Please help us by donating scarves or money to help pay for this project. We already have many requests for the Palestinian scarf. Read Hesham's article below for the " rest of the story."

Join us at 8:00 PM Central On Thursday. We will talk about the scarf and AIPAC

Mr. President, They Don't Hate Us Any More!!

By Hesham Tillawi, PhD

Headdresses have been a part of the human race since humanity first found itself on earth. Headdresses (or head coverings) have been used for protection from the elements, for ceremonial reasons, or to signify some sort of an official affiliation. Many headdresses worn today are often highly symbolic and deeply entrenched in tradition. The black and white Arab Headdress has, since the sixties, been identified with the Palestinian people even though it has been worn by many people in the Arab World. In the West, the Palestinian Keffiyeh became the symbol of freedom and resistance for many people fighting for many social, economic and, political issues. In the last Forty years as sympathy for the Palestinian cause has increased so did the use of the Palestinian Keffiyeh and other versions of it such as the scarf. People wore the scarf and the Keffiyeh in Anti-War Rallies, protesting the G-8 Summit, World bank and IMF meetings, G&L, Union protests, GreenPeace, etc... The Palestinian scarf became a universal symbol for people seeking freedom and justice in their lives. Don't blame the Palestinians if their claim to fame happens to be the longest oppressed people in modern history.

Dunkin' Donuts, abruptly canceled a coffee ad in which homemaking guru Rachael Ray wears a scarf similar to a Palestinian scarf, even though in actuality it was not even a scarf. This was the result of the efforts of one Philippino-American Michelle Malkin (hatemonger and Neocon wannabe) a commentator for Fox News who played a big part in lying to the American people into going to war in Iraq after 9/11 as part of the Neocons' planned war in the Middle East. Too intellectually challenged to do anything substantive, Malkin has made the business of bashing Arabs and Muslims her reason for being. Americans of Philippino decent know very well the danger of stereotyping and profiling as they look back at the concentration camps built in this country for Japanese Americans during WWII where Philippinos and other Orientals were imprisoned for no other reasons but their looks. ''The keffiyeh, for the clueless, is the traditional scarf of Arab men that has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad,'' Malkins wrote. Mixing fashion with politics, she went further in describing it as "hate couture". She and other bloggers (with similar small-minded-mindsets) thinking that they had found yet another way of kissing up to their Neocon masters threatened DD with a boycott. Sadly, DD--like so many other entities these days fearful of displeasing the Jewish lobby--found themselves 'Malkinized' and thus succumbed to the brief reign of terror and pulled the ad down, rewarding Malkin's lies and fear tactics.

In September 2001, during a joint session of Congress, President George Bush in answering why do they (the terrorists) hate us? said: "They hate our freedoms…our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech..." He said 'We must find the terrorists and stop them…' Well, my dear President, I hate to be the first one to tell ya, we lost to the terrorists, they don't hate us for our freedoms any more. When the bride of fear mongering--Malkin--terrorizes an American corporation and forces it to take down an ad just because the spokesperson appears to be wearing a scarf similar to a Palestinian scarf, we definitely lost the war on terror. Our freedoms you talked about that the terrorists hate us for? Gone, no more.

For many years now many Americans used the Palestinian scarf, to mean freedom of speech, freedom of expression, and freedom period. Now however, thanks to the Neocons' totalitarian culture so much the fancy of Mz. Malkin and others like her we do not even have the freedom to wear a scarf. WE need to clean our house from terrorists before we presume to deal with someone else's house. Shame on Dunkin' Donuts for compromising our freedoms, a precious gem for which our Forefathers sacrificed everything to include them in our constitution and for which many of our people died to protect. Whatever happened to "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'?

I exhort my fellow Americans, indeed my fellow lovers of freedom and justice and REASON to wear your Pali-scarf proudly and head to the nearest Dunkin' Donuts. Don't give them your money, but instead just stand there in front of the store eating your favorite non DD brands while proclaiming your freedom.

If you like to donate scarves or money, please send them to:

Current Issues TV

P.O. Box 61415, Lafayette, LA 70598

Or visit our website to use PayPal www.currentissues.tv

Current issues with Hesham Tillawi can be viewed Live every Thursday at 8:00 PM Central Standard Time on Cox Cable system Channel 15 in Louisiana as well as Live on the Internet at www.currentissues.tv and can be contacted at Tillawi@currentissues.tv The show is also broadcast on Bridges TV via cable, satellite, and broadband and on Amazonas satellite World Wide. Current Issues the radio show airs live around the World on Broadband and shortwave 5.050 and many stations around the U.S. every Saturday 4-6 PM Central Time on www.republicbroadcasting.org

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.