/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Punishment for not memorising Quran: Death

mutlib
05-30-2008, 06:35 PM
A sickening story showing the state of some village mullahs. What deen is this they practise and preach???

.................................................. .........................

BBC News
Friday 30th May 2008

Pakistani boy 'killed by teacher'

A student of a religious seminary in Pakistan's Punjab province has died after he was punished by his teacher, police say.

Atif, seven, was hung upside down from a ceiling fan by Maulvi Ziauddin for not memorising his Koran lessons, his fellow students told the police.

Atif's condition deteriorated quickly and he died in the teacher's room. Maulvi Ziauddin has been arrested.

Human rights organisation say Pakistani children are often exposed to abuse.

The students told the police in the town of Vehari that Atif was punished on Wednesday by Maulvi Ziauddin who left him hanging from the fan for some time.

The son of a farm labourer, Atif lived in the seminary with about 20 other students, including a cousin.

"When his cousin did not see Atif on Wednesday night or the next morning, he informed the family," a Vehari police official, Mohammad Afzal, told the BBC.

"Members of the family found Atif's body in Maulvi Ziauddin's room, but the cleric himself was missing," he said.

He was arrested from a nearby village later on Thursday.

The police said they would file formal charges after an autopsy report is issued by the local hospital.

In a report published in January, Lawyers for Human Rights and Legal Aid (LHRLA) - an organisation which monitors and compiles cases of child abuse and kidnapping - said children in Pakistan were increasingly exposed to abuse, kidnapping and violence.

The number of reported cases involving children has more than doubled from 617 in 2006 to 1,595 last year, the report said.

It blamed poor law enforcement and old social attitudes towards children's rights as some of the reasons for the problem.

source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
05-30-2008, 09:17 PM
:eek: subhanallah that is sooo cruel! imsad

aadil77
05-30-2008, 09:21 PM
yh come on , it cna't be just pakis doing things like this,

but yh its sick and really sad, tut tut

since when did it become compulsary to memorise the quran? and at the age of seven!

Güven
05-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah its truly Sad, What the Hell is wrong with these People killing children Nowadays and then Calling them self Muslim :cry::raging:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
05-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Don't you think that may offend some people? It's not all 'pakis' as you'd put it. I dont think the teacher meanto kil the kid, though I am pretty pissed off he did, well if he did.

Athée
05-30-2008, 09:41 PM
That's Repulsive! Reminded me of this quote!

"With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion."

truemuslim
05-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Sorry i didnt mean all paki's i meant the paki's that do this. theres even some that burned robbers alive for stealing!! OMG

cute123
05-31-2008, 08:56 AM
But wonder why is the BBC only after such sought of news.

Danah
05-31-2008, 09:42 AM
wow...how cruel, Is this the method he come up with to teach the kid
is he even a real muslim......................really what is that deen that he is practice?

Malaikah
05-31-2008, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Athée
"With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion."
That's just stupid. Especially seeing as how what he did wasn't even allowed by the religion. Honestly, the idiotic statements people make these days.

Anyway, the poor child, it is absolutely tragic!

transition?
05-31-2008, 02:42 PM
:cry:

It's really important to be patient with children

The Story of Man and His Truck PDF Print E-mail
Written by Sister Zabrina
Sunday, 02 December 2007
The Story of A Man and His Truck

My mobile rang late that evening. ‘As Salaamu ‘alaykum’ I answered as I picked up the phone. The next thing I heard was a sobbing sound on the other line. I immediately recognized that voice.

A dear friend was in tears after being yelled by her boss over some administrative mistakes which she admitted done accidentally. She knew that she was wrong and deserved to be corrected. As a professional, she could admit and accept her wrongs gracefully, and had no qualms correcting them. However, according to her, that was not why she was crying.

What hurt her was more of the way it was handled. The yelling and shouting by the boss, plus the throwing of the document file towards her direction. That was what shattered her that day. And who could blame her? Anyone would be shaken if treated in such a way. I know I would. Calming her down took some time but the pep talk to build up her self esteem and motivation again took longer, much longer.

As I sat there, thinking sadly of my friend’s experience that day, I could not help but to ponder on why some people took pleasure in being harsh when getting their points across. Why people choose aggressiveness over a simple advice?

Did they enjoy watching the other person squirm? What was in their mind during the yelling and shouting? Is the mistake worthy of the humiliation they received? Would they, themselves, accept being embarrassed and disgraced that way? Couldn’t a simple discussion, done in a civilized manner do the job for them? Couldn’t the advice be given privately instead of making sure that his voice was heard through the four walls of his office?

It was a heartbreaking moment for me when I was reminded of my Lord’s attribute…

'A'isha reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah is kind and loves kindness and gives for gentleness what he does not give for harshness nor for anything else." [Muslim]

Subhanallaah. Allaah is kind and gentle. Allaah, the AlMighty, the Creator and Owner of everything and everyone between the heaven and the earth, is kind and gentle. Who are we? The one who do not even own the cloth we wear, the eyes we use, the air we breathe, the smile we show, the eyelid we batter, the teeth we chew with, the water we drink. Who are we to act in such harsh manner as if we are the perfect one? As if we are the one who has never done and would never do any mistake? As if we are so great? Astaghfirullaah. My heart beats sadly for my friend…

I remembered a hadeeth of my Prophet (SAW) who said that…

Narrated Jarir: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who is deprived of gentleness is deprived of good. (Sunan Abudawud Book #41, Hadith #4791)

Ya Allaah, that is so scary. A person who is deprived of gentleness is deprived of good? Who in their right mind would want to be deprived of good, right?

I want to understand this better. Let me think, what does good mean here? Good if defined by the dictionary would mean high-quality, first class, first rate, superior, fine, excellent. Wow, this is really something. So, a harsh person would be deprived of excellent in his dealings?

I need to put it into a context here so that I can understand this better. Say, I am boarding on a plane and facing a problem with my seating. I have two ways to deal with this matter, right? One is to get angry and show my anger, and second is to stay calm and deal with the airline in a gentle and peaceful manner. Which behavior would give me superiority? If you are the person who is handling me, would you like me better if I am calm or if I am angry? That is one question.

Then, say, there is another person with similar problem as me. And he is angry and cursing, while I am calm and smiling. Then, you as the airline rep found 2 seats; one is the first class seat, while the other is at the economy class. Let us all honestly ask ourselves, who would we rather bumped into at the first class? Hmm…

He who is deprived of gentleness is deprived of good.. I got it now, alhamdulillaah…

I remembered reading the Quranic verse which has become one of my compasses in dealing with others

“And speak to him [i.e., Pharaoh] with gentle speech that perhaps he may be reminded or fear [Allaah].”” [Quran 20: 44]

Ya Allaah, when I first read this ayah, it surprised me.

What did Allaah tell us to do? Even to Pharaoh, we are asked to speak gently. You know Pharaoh? Yes, the Pharaoh who chased after our Prophet Moses (AS), who had wronged his people, killed babies. Yes, that one. And how should we conduct ourselves with him? With gentle speech! Can you believe that? Even to a person with such history like Pharaoh,we are asked to deal with gentle speech. Subhanallaah…

And why was the reason given? So that perhaps (no guarantee because it was still Pharoah’s choice), he could be reminded of Allaah through our gentle speech. Subhanallaah. What did that tell us? A person regardless of his current behaviour and action is entitled to be addressed gently. Allaah…

Maybe my friend’s boss should be reminded of this ayah. Maybe he should ask himself, was my friend worse than Pharaoh, because even Pharaoh who denied Allaah and His Prophet was asked by Allaah to be handled gently! Surely, my friend is nothing close to Pharaoh, right?

I reminded myself of this quote I read somewhere before…

Extract The Honey, But Do Not Break The Hive....

How true this quote is. To get to the honey, we should not break the beehive. Instead, we should carefully, systematically and gently approach the hive. Failure to do so would result in us getting bee stings all over, qualify us for a hospital admission and if severe, we might even land ourselves into the a new home 6 feet under! I knew it seems a little bit far fetched here, but these things do happen.

Let me share with you a story I read sometime ago about a man and his son…

A man came out of his home to admire his new truck. To his puzzlement, his three-year-old son was happily hammering dents into the shiny paint.

The man ran to his son, knocked him away, hammered the little boy's hands into a pulp as punishment. When the father calmed down, he rushed his son to the hospital.

Although the doctor tried desperately to save the crushed bones, he finally had to amputate the fingers from both the boy's hands. When the boy woke up from the surgery & saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said, "Daddy, I'm sorry about your truck." Then he asked, "but when are my fingers going to grow back?"

Astaghfirullaah. When are my fingers growing back? I could not imagine the regret this father must have in his heart. Could you even imagine it? Was the satisfaction worth the pain after? Was the action during rage by the father justified? Could the finger ever grow back? How could the father answer his son?

As I sat there thinking of my friend and this poor boy, I asked myself this question. Have I ever hammered someone else’s fingers? If yes, why did I do it? If yes, whose fingers were they? Why do I have to get that hammer and hurt those fingers? What if their fingers were beyond repair and had to be amputated? Was it a finger or a few fingers? Astaghfirullaah…

I felt a heavy feeling in my heart and I pray to Allaah to forgive me if I have done something unthinkable as such. And to all my friends out there, forgive me if I have hammered your fingers. Please find somewhere in your heart to forgive me whenever you looked at your amputated your fingers, if any…

What about you my friends? Have you ever hammered anyone’s finger simply because you could not control your temper? Just to satisfy your anger? Think about it. Think hard because always, the doer forgets but the receiver does not. Just imagine that your fingers are amputated.. How would you feel? Do you want to make others feel that way too?

In the end, whenever you feel like showing your anger, remember this – pharaoh and finger. Yes, my friends. Pharaoh and fingers. May we all take heed. Ameen…
source (http://www.islamnewsroom.com/content/view/395/52/)

Snowflake
05-31-2008, 02:47 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Ya Allah that poor kid and his family :cry:

I can only speak of pakistan because I'm 3/4 pakistani, and I know that there is too much abuse of children going on in madrasas there. Believe it or not it is happening in pakistani madrasas in the UK too, although not to that extent. My nephew then 8-9 was hit so hard with a wooden batton that his elbow swelled up - because he went to the toilet during a lesson! My friend's daughter told us her molvi use to pinch the girls making them cry if they didn't learn their sabak properly - not to mention my little bro getting punched in the back by his molvi! Sexual abuse is also rife, yet well covered secret. Every government, of every country should put safe-guarding polices in place and enforce them strictly. Children need to be protected.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

cute123
05-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Sis Transistion , jazaikhair for the article- its a real reminder.

Nerd
05-31-2008, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
But wonder why is the BBC only after such sought of news.
Can you elaborate a bit, on what you meant?

Umar001
05-31-2008, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Ya Allah that poor kid and his family :cry:

I can only speak of pakistan because I'm 3/4 pakistani, and I know that there is too much abuse of children going on in madrasas there. Believe it or not it is happening in pakistani madrasas in the UK too, although not to that extent. My nephew then 8-9 was hit so hard with a wooden batton that his elbow swelled up - because he went to the toilet during a lesson! My friend's daughter told us her molvi use to pinch the girls making them cry if they didn't learn their sabak properly - not to mention my little bro getting punched in the back by his molvi! Sexual abuse is also rife, yet well covered secret. Every government, of every country should put safe-guarding polices in place and enforce them strictly. Children need to be protected.
Wa alaykum salam,

Its more the fault of those people who build masjids and then do these things. Think about it, if the Muslims did stand up against this those other Muslims would have noone to hit.

You see families allowing these things, turning a blind eye in the name of tradition and so forth. I mean, why import 'imams' who don't even know the cultural problems and boundries from Asia or whereever I mean that's a major stumbling block in the first place.

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 03:15 PM
You know, I would have thought that if the student wasn't learning, it's because his teacher was lacking in his own ability to instruct. Maybe the next time a child isn't able to learn, they should hang his teacher upside down from a ceiling fan, huh?

But it is interesting as a side note, considering western media has always claimed these people don't believe in schools or education.

The Ninth Scribe

Snowflake
05-31-2008, 03:21 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Of course, you are absolutely right bro Al Habeshi. The families do turn a blind eye to it and even continue sending their children their in the false belief that they are doing it for Islam.

The law cannot depend on families to report abuse, because in the majority of cases it simply won't happen and therefore governments should take responsibility to safeguard these children. It is also up to each of us to raise this issue with our mosques, cuz too many times we only say it's unacceptable yet don't do anything about it. Let's try to practice what we preach inshaAllah.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Umar001
05-31-2008, 03:31 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Of course, you are absolutely right bro Al Habeshi. The families do turn a blind eye to it and even continue sending their children their in the false belief that they are doing it for Islam.

The law cannot depend on families to report abuse, because in the majority of cases it simply won't happen and therefore governments should take responsibility to safeguard these children. It is also up to each of us to raise this issue with our mosques, cuz too many times we only say it's unacceptable yet don't do anything about it. Let's try to practice what we preach inshaAllah.
Wa Alaykum Salam,

But how they gonna safe guard children? They'll just take them out of the masjid altogether! I mean non Muslims even are argueing about whether they can slap their child.

It's upto those people in power in the masjid, because I'll tell you this, if I raised any problem, in some masjids, they'd label me this or that, like they do to many others, then go back to their own business.

The parents who do send their children in some cases dont even practice, they send them as a way of 'We went through it, you need to do it', the type to marry their daughters to a guy with a great job and big car who only prayes Jummuah rather than an average guy who is great in his deen. That's the problem, Muslims who claim it, but then do haram stuff like interest, not only on their FIRST house, but their SECOND! Talk about excessive.

That's the problem, these are similar Muslims who attend lectures once in a while, some who even cover. I mean its amazing.

Snowflake
05-31-2008, 03:33 PM
=Ninth_Scribe;952610]You know, I would have thought that if the student wasn't learning, it's because his teacher was lacking in his own ability to instruct. Maybe the next time a child isn't able to learn, they should hang his teacher upside down from a ceiling fan, huh?
You know, I was thinking the same thing. How it is that school teachers do not need to beat children in order to descipline them? Simple! They use far more effective methods, such as after-school detention, missing playtime etc. The incompetence of some molvis in dealing with children just makes them rebel against authority and Islam. It's about time molvis are made to do a teacher training course before they are allowed near children.

Peace.

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 03:50 PM
You know, I was thinking the same thing. How it is that school teachers do not need to beat children in order to descipline them? Simple! They use far more effective methods, such as after-school detention, missing playtime etc. The incompetence of some molvis in dealing with children just makes them rebel against authority and Islam. It's about time molvis are made to do a teacher training course before they are allowed near children.

Peace.
Agreed. Teachers are the main reason a child does or doesn't learn. They used to hide bad teachers (and make money in the process) by declaring the students were "problemed" but cellphone cameras and other recording devices led to a completely different interpretation of the problem :)

The Ninth Scribe

Amat Allah
05-31-2008, 03:51 PM
inaa lellah wa ina elyhi rajeoon...

Umar001
05-31-2008, 03:56 PM

Peace.
You been school recently? School does not = discipline.

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Are you talking about public school? I agree. They're the most pathetic. However there are other schools that excel in teaching techniques, such as the Montessori schools and the new Charter schools. If you want discipline, there are a ton of five star military acedamies and, of course, the standard in leadership courses, the Outward Bound program.

The Ninth Scribe

Snowflake
05-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Wa Alaykum Salam,

But how they gonna safe guard children? They'll just take them out of the masjid altogether! I mean non Muslims even are argueing about whether they can slap their child.

It's upto those people in power in the masjid, because I'll tell you this, if I raised any problem, in some masjids, they'd label me this or that, like they do to many others, then go back to their own business.

The parents who do send their children in some cases dont even practice, they send them as a way of 'We went through it, you need to do it', the type to marry their daughters to a guy with a great job and big car who only prayes Jummuah rather than an average guy who is great in his deen. That's the problem, Muslims who claim it, but then do haram stuff like interest, not only on their FIRST house, but their SECOND! Talk about excessive.

That's the problem, these are similar Muslims who attend lectures once in a while, some who even cover. I mean its amazing.
asalam alaikum wr wb,

The muslim parliament of GB, which recognises the problem in moques/madrasas has urged the goverment to set up a national register coordinated and monitored by local authorities, to meet their legal obligations under the Children Act 1989.

I don't know if one has been set up yet, but it seems the progress is hindered by local authorities out of fear of being accused of cultural insensitivities.

It's obvious what the mosques' stance in this matter is. But I'm sure the prospect of being made accountable for violating child protection laws would change that. I still believe that a strong protest from the muslim public would force them to review the current culture of teaching places. It would also be worthwhile to back the Muslim Parliament of Great Britain in their efforts to raise awareness and bring about the much needed changes they have called for.

The NSPCC has welcomed debate on keeping children safe in faith-based schools. It's astonishing to think that children know that a teacher cannot hit them, yet think it is ok for a molvi to do that. Perhaps, the MPGB and the NSPCC, can start tackling this problem by including school teachers to make children aware of their rights. That would be a start.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Snowflake
05-31-2008, 04:40 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Not as we'd like. But compare that to the way children behave in mosques and the forms of discipline there. I see a big difference. :hmm:

Agreed. Teachers are the main reason a child does or doesn't learn. They used to hide bad teachers (and make money in the process) by declaring the students were "problemed" but cellphone cameras and other recording devices led to a completely different interpretation of the problem
Interesting! where was that? :?

I agree with 'Teachers are the main reason a child does or doesn't learn'.

aadil77
05-31-2008, 04:58 PM
yh I remember at my madressa, my molvi once slapped a kid who kept messing around, the next week he got sacked

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Interesting! where was that? :?
In Massachusetts. My daughter began to complain that her teacher would go off (scream and swear at the kids), and yet, when I brought it to the attention of the school, they did nothing. So I gave her a mini-recorder and she taped the teacher swearing at the students and what have you. Then I called the school principle and taped the conversation, where this principle told me to f- myself, reminding me that I couldn't bring my daughter's tape into court. Well, I didn't. I delivered both my daughter's tape and the phone conversation of the principle to the superintendant of the school district and he was fired a month later.

Laws changed in Massachusetts in 2002 when the families of these so-called "problemed" children began to unite. Some of these schools were given special stipends for well over 70% of the student population... and no one had even thought to investigate the teachers. Now, the schools are judged by their pass/fail averages. The schools who do not produce decent pass results are punished - they lose their special ed funding.

The Ninth Scribe

cute123
06-01-2008, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
Can you elaborate a bit, on what you meant?
BBC aims nothing but publizing such sought of news across the world. So people do get a worsened image of ISLAM. Its a position when people are dying hard to spread Islam, and one such news just spills off the work done or makes them far away - the thing that ISLAM is the best and the only religion - but we do not follow it to the best - its a difficult thing to explain - seems obviously hypocritic . what we see in newspapers and what actually happens its far different . anyways that goes off the topic.

Snowflake
06-01-2008, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
In Massachusetts. My daughter began to complain that her teacher would go off (scream and swear at the kids), and yet, when I brought it to the attention of the school, they did nothing. So I gave her a mini-recorder and she taped the teacher swearing at the students and what have you. Then I called the school principle and taped the conversation, where this principle told me to f- myself, reminding me that I couldn't bring my daughter's tape into court. Well, I didn't. I delivered both my daughter's tape and the phone conversation of the principle to the superintendant of the school district and he was fired a month later.

:omg: that's so extreme - teachers have changed a lot since my days in school

Laws changed in Massachusetts in 2002 when the families of these so-called "problemed" children began to unite.

That's what I'm trying to get at... a public outcry is hard to ignore - but the muslim public need help to raise their voices first. Let's see if that happens.

Some of these schools were given special stipends for well over 70% of the student population... and no one had even thought to investigate the teachers. Now, the schools are judged by their pass/fail averages. The schools who do not produce decent pass results are punished - they lose their special ed funding.

The Ninth Scribe

peace

Ninth_Scribe
06-01-2008, 02:16 PM
It's a problem for Muslim schools because the areas are so rural, I suppose one would consider themselves lucky just to have a school, so maybe they don't lean on the teachers. But then again, maybe there should be more support for teachers too, like educational materials, guide-lines and weekly support groups. Then again, some of the areas are so remote, maybe that's expecting too much? But judging from the issue with this one teacher (who hang the boy upside down), I'd say the teacher was definately stressed beyond his limit and started taking it out on the kids.

Personally, I'm a big fan of home schooling :)

The Ninth Scribe

Snowflake
06-01-2008, 04:27 PM
It's a problem for Muslim schools because the areas are so rural, I suppose one would consider themselves lucky just to have a school, so maybe they don't lean on the teachers. But then again, maybe there should be more support for teachers too, like educational materials, guide-lines and weekly support groups. Then again, some of the areas are so remote, maybe that's expecting too much? But judging from the issue with this one teacher (who hang the boy upside down), I'd say the teacher was definately stressed beyond his limit and started taking it out on the kids.

Personally, I'm a big fan of home schooling :)

The Ninth Scribe
Luckily we don't have that problem here. In fact there's almost a madrasa/mosque at every corner lol. But yeah guidelines would be a good idea
and monitoring also.

When it comes to madrasas the truth is that the kids who aren't disciplined at home can make an untrained teacher's (molvi) jobs hard. So molvis who are unable to deal with a kids being cheeky or disobedient lash out at them physically, sometimes to inexcusable length. Most parents accept that a molvi can smack their child as in a cane on the hand etc.. but slapping the face is not only forbidden in Islam but is abusing one's authority over kids.

Discipline begins at home and I've noticed that fewer and fewer parents are teaching their children basic manners these days. The abuse in mosques can only stop if both parties take their responsibilities seriously.

Peace.

Ninth_Scribe
06-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Discipline begins at home and I've noticed that fewer and fewer parents are teaching their children basic manners these days. The abuse in mosques can only stop if both parties take their responsibilities seriously.

Peace.
Here in Massachusetts parents are actually forbidden to "discipline" their kids - yet they're always blamed for their child's horrible behavior. I got into trouble once for disciplining my kid. A neighbor called the D.S.S. on me and they informed me that it was against the law to physically discipline your child! The kids know this because the schools tell them all the time what numbers to call, you name it. So parents stop disciplining - and then get blamed for their kids lack of respect. My youngest actually said to my face: Yeah, and what are YOU going to do? - and I did slap his face for that. Then I handed him back the card he waved at me with the phone number on it, and told him that if he had no respect for me, he may as well live in foster care. That straightened that attitude out. I don't know if other areas of the world have this problem but I do know that even Princess Diana was called on the carpet on the issue of discipline. Some places take it to such an extreme that you can't even restrain a child who's having a tantrum. It's a really hard call.

The Ninth Scribe

Snowflake
06-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Here in Massachusetts parents are actually forbidden to "discipline" their kids - yet they're always blamed for their child's horrible behavior. I got into trouble once for disciplining my kid. A neighbor called the D.S.S. on me and they informed me that it was against the law to physically discipline your child! The kids know this because the schools tell them all the time what numbers to call, you name it. So parents stop disciplining - and then get blamed for their kids lack of respect. My youngest actually said to my face: Yeah, and what are YOU going to do? - and I did slap his face for that. Then I handed him back the card he waved at me with the phone number on it, and told him that if he had no respect for me, he may as well live in foster care. That straightened that attitude out. I don't know if other areas of the world have this problem but I do know that even Princess Diana was called on the carpet on the issue of discipline. Some places take it to such an extreme that you can't even restrain a child who's having a tantrum. It's a really hard call.

The Ninth Scribe
It's the same in the UK. But I wasn't talking about physical discipline and there's no guarantee it works for every child. Even if it does work, it sometimes comes with a price if it become the norm; for instance, a child may obey parents out of fear of being smacked but at the same time will lose that loving feeling for them. That may have other consequences in later years.

I was actually referring to what parents teach children at home as in being polite to others, not backchatting elders, poking fun and that sort of stuff. Nowadays if a teacher makes a complaint about a pupil, its the poor teacher who faces torrents of abuse from his/her parents. What happened to telling your kids to show respect to their teachers since they are the ones helping them to achieve skills for a better future.

When I was young my parents would tell us, "Don't you dare give anyone a reason to come to our door to complain about your behavior!" Trust me it worked. Just an angry look would turn us to jelly. But nowadays kids hmm.. act like they're the parents.

Anyway, I'm going to contact the MPGB and see what's happening with the national register they were urging the gov. to set up. :rollseyes

Peace.

north_malaysian
06-02-2008, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mutlib
Atif, seven, was hung upside down from a ceiling fan by Maulvi Ziauddin for not memorising his Koran lessons, his fellow students told the police.
Qisas! The authority should hang this Maulvi guy upside down from a ceiling fan too...

Izyan
06-02-2008, 04:32 PM

The Ninth Scribe
Don't you think an adult open hand slapping a child is a bit much? A smack on the putt sure. A whacks on the hand with a ruler go for it. Making him stand in the corner holding 2 dictionaries, Great. Even the old washing of the mouth with soap is acceptable. Smacking a kid is going too far.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Asatghfirullah! :( What is wrong with this dude?

Hitting in the face is wrong anyway is it not?

tetsujin
06-08-2008, 04:35 PM
The BBC left out the fact that the boy was blind. I wonder why they did that.

Muezzin
06-08-2008, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Athée
That's Repulsive! Reminded me of this quote!

Nah, this teacher was scum to begin with. If he had even learned anything about Islam, he'd know such things are completely un-Islamic. Especially if it's true that the child was blind.

What a vile thing to do.

Also, generally, when will such teachers realise that hurting a kid if he or she forgets a verse is not good for that child's imaan in the long run? They'll simply associate the Quran with pain. Unless they want to raise masochists, I strongly advise any teachers against this utter stupidity.

Snowflake
06-08-2008, 05:06 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Anyway, I'm going to contact the MPGB and see what's happening with the national register they were urging the gov. to set up.
Well here's some good news. I did ring the MPGB and spoke to Dr. Ghayasuddin Siddiqui
concerning the abuse in mosques. I was delighted to hear his views and could not agree with him more. He pointed out that if nothing is done to stop the abuse, the mosques could end up facing the same problems as churches have in having to sell up to pay compensation to child abuse victims of the 90's. He stated that in the 90's, the Catholic community behaved just as the muslims are today by ignoring the problem.

He was right to worry that victims of child abuse may grow up and sue the mosques, which are run of charity funds. This could jeopardize the centuries old islamic tradition of learning institutions. Quite right too! Mr. Siddiqui was also astonished to hear from me, saying I was the first person ever to call them with interest in this issue. SubhanAllah this is quite sad and reflects on the muslims' lack of support of those who are trying to do their utmost to preserve Islamic establishments in non muslim countries.

The MPGB have various projects and I have promised to support them in high-lighting another taboo subject of sexual abuse within muslim families. I have already sent one document containing accounts from sisters on the internet for which Mr. Siddiqui was very grateful for. He will be raising this issue in this months conference in Wales on 18th June. May Allah reward those sisters who have come forward and helped me by sharing their experiences of this horrendous crime.

Brothers and sisters, I urge you to please, please, support the MPGB, in however small way you can. You can collect accounts of abuse in mosques/homes and forward them to the MPGB @ www.muslimparliament.org.uk

The full report on the issue of abuse in mosques can be read here.

http://www.muslimparliament.org.uk/D...tionReport.pdf

Please, please help if you can. We need to end this NOW!

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Armand
06-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Let him roast in the fire of Hell.

AvarAllahNoor
06-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Hang the mullah by the neck till he is DEAD DEAD DEAD!

AvarAllahNoor
06-08-2008, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Asatghfirullah! :( What is wrong with this dude?

Hitting in the face is wrong anyway is it not?
My father said he was in the Panjab as a student the teachers would beat you up if you didn't learn to read or write. And he was once hit in the face with a fist, and it was accpeted as normal. And if he went home and told his family, hen he'd get a beating at home too, for getting one from the teacher. lol

If it was me, well that teacher wouldn't have been able to walk let alone punch me in the face!
:raging:

islamirama
06-08-2008, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tetsujin
The BBC left out the fact that the boy was blind. I wonder why they did that.
If bbc left it out then how do you know? proof?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.