/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Propoganda/rumors.

SirZubair
05-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Asalam alaikum,

Here is a thought, how about we as a Ummah do something good for a change? :-P Hate to admit it, but there aren't many good things happening around the world these days, as i am sure you are all aware.

Having said that, does that justify the wrong actions of millions of muslims? Are we as muslims, encouraged by the Quran kareem, by the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw) to spread lies? The obvious answer is No. Am i correct, or not?

So why is it that every year, 1 or 2 rumors are recycled? For example.... "Coke is haram because it contains alcohol" "Coke is haram because it contains pig" "Coke is haram because it contains cocain".."If you turn the Logo "Coke cola" around it says "La mecca la muhammed" which means "NO MECCA NO MUHAMMED"...

I am SURE you have all come across 1 of those atleast once or twice, eh?

Its nothing to smile about, or laugh about. As i've heard Shaykh Hamza Yusuf quote in 1 of his lectures "It is the worst of things that make us laugh"

If someone says "Coke is bad for your health", i would nominate that person for an award. But those out there who continue to spread such rumors need to think before they forward emails, or post in forums.

People think "I will be doing the ummah a favour by spreading this information, i will be doing my duty as a muslim". I am sure those brothers and sisters are being SINCERE when spreading such emails. But being sincere isnt everything at times, especially in this time and age when you have SHAYKH GOOGLE. By punching in keywords such as "Coke Haram Pork" "Coke Haram Alcohol" you can find refutations of such claims all over the internet.

Coke isn't the only victim, there is a rumor out there that 'Pepsi' means "Pay every penny (to the) State (of) Israel"

How pathetic is that?

What i've noticed recently is that those very muslims who have told me recently that "Coke and pepsi are haram" are drinking 'Fanta' 'L&P' 'Sprite', which is all made by the same company. How is that for blindly following a propoganda?

There are those out there who will spread such emails and end it with a 'Cheering support for Mecca Cola'. How different is 'Mecca Cola' to all those other Drinks? If you drop a nail in a glass of coke, it will rust, Right? If you drop a nail in a glass of mecca cola, will it turn to gold? No it will not. You need to get your head checked if your answer was "Yes" to that question... :-P

On the other hand, if they say "Buy Mecca Cola instead of coke because Coke donates money to the illegal state of israel", i won't argue with them. But to SPREAD the TRUTH by slapping a LIE on top of the TRUTH does the truth no Justice. Remember that next time, Insha'allah.

Do not get me wrong brothers and sisters, this post is not in any support of Coke or Pepsi or any other american Product. Before any1 starts emailing me hate mails calling me a "Zionist", please think twice. lol. My point is pretty clear.

We, as an Ummah, cannot afford to sit around toasting marshmallow over ashs. Stop posting rubbish in forums. Stop emailing such rubbish to others. Stop promising them that if they pass the message on to "20 people, Allah will answer your prayers in 2 hours", while you may think you are doing your bit for the ummah, you are stepping into a "NO ENTRY" zone, which is Allahs Qa'da and Qa'dar, which Allah (swt) has knowledge over, not you or I.

Do something more useful with your time. Do something which will benefit the Ummah. Go plant some trees. Help your parents around the house. Go clean the local mosque - clean the windows, brush the carpark with a broom, etc.

There is so much to be done. So lets stop wasting our energy on spreading useless information which will benefit no-one.

"Unity based on falsehood" is a message that our Prophet (saw) didn't convey to us. For us to be conveying lies to our friends, family, random people (by posting such lies in places such as our MOSQUES) is a disgrace, it is a stain on the pure whiteness that our Religon is founded on.

So please, Think before you email/post on forums in the future. Remember, Shaykh Google. And when that fails, use your Aql. Allah swt asks us in the Quran "Do you not use your intellect?"

Insha'allah, All that i have said above is a reminder for myself before anyone else. If you sensed any self righteousness in the above post, then please Pray to Allah swt for my forgivness.

Insha'allah, i pray that anyone who reads this may reflect on it and benefit from it.

Jazakallah/Jazakillah for your time Brothers/Sisters.

Wa'salaam.

- Zuber

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SirZubair
05-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Ignore the typing errors,... there is a couple..:statisfie

Woodrow
05-31-2008, 06:34 PM
:sl:

I agree.

The truth is sufficient those silly urban legends only hurt our credability. When we fall for the trap of spreading false rumors no matter how plausable they seem, we became guilty of unintentionaly lieing.

I also agree we begin posting more about the good happenings in the world.

Ninth_Scribe
05-31-2008, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

I agree.

The truth is sufficient those silly urban legends only hurt our credability. When we fall for the trap of spreading false rumors no matter how plausable they seem, we became guilty of unintentionaly lieing.

I also agree we begin posting more about the good happenings in the world.
Ah, but to be young again! It's youth and stupidity, remember that?

I've spread a few good ones in my day. :-[

The Ninth Scribe

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SirZubair
05-31-2008, 07:02 PM

I agree.

Exactly, there are millions of muslims who are guilty of unintentionaly lieing. I've heard people make many excuses,... mainly "Whoever posted it had sincere intentions..."

The way i look at it, if someone gave me half a glass of whiskey, i'd not drink it, since its haram.

If i was given half a glass of water, i'd drink it (if i was thirsty)

If someone gave me half a glass of whiskey and mixed it with half a glass of water, i can't drink it claiming that i am drinking it with the intention of benefiting from the water and that i do not intend on getting drunk....

..so as i was saying, sometimes intentions are not good enough. Its time for us to wake up and use our Aql, it is a blessing from Allah (swt), lets stop abusing it and start using it.

Ameen, summah ameen, ya'rubul'il alameen.

Ali.
05-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Really good post and an excellent reminder for all of us; think before you act.

Questfortruth
05-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the cyber world. Anyone can type anything and get away. Long time ago someone send me an email which said in Quran there was a verse about Osama Bin Ladin and Usa. Ofcourse, This is false someone decided to fake something so sinful. Also lets not forget those classical emails. Say subhanllah, Allahuakbar, alhumdillah five times and send it to 10 people or something BAD will happen to you!

SirZubair
05-31-2008, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
Welcome to the cyber world. Anyone can type anything and get away.
Except they fail to realise that their 'get away' is for NOW, not forever. They will not 'get away' on the day of judgement, when they face Allah (swt), how will they justify the amount of lies/ignorance they have spread?

May Allah (swt) guide us all.

Its not just the cyberworld that i am concerned about, what disturbs me most is that such Articles can now be found at places like OUR MOSQUES. Lies being spread inside of the Mosque is as bad as it gets.

'Abd al-Baari
05-31-2008, 09:13 PM

what disturbs me most is that such Articles can now be found at places like OUR MOSQUES. Lies being spread inside of the Mosque is as bad as it gets.
Sadly, this is something that is true. :(

Allah SWT says in the Qura'an "O you who have attained to faith! If any iniquitous person comes to you with a [slanderous] tale, use your discernment, lest you hurt people unwittingly and afterwards be filled with remorse for what you have done." [Surah Hujurat Verse 6]

WaAlaykumus Salaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh

Soulja Girl
05-31-2008, 09:33 PM

Great thread bro, Jazakallah khair for sharing...Its sad to see our Muslim brothers and sisters spreading false rumours...May Allah SWT guide us all. *sigh*

:w:

Tania
06-01-2008, 05:42 AM
The line between true and lie its very thin and if you don't have the whole facts, easily can propagate something which is not true.

SirZubair
06-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Check out this link :

http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/c...ors/index.html

crayon
06-01-2008, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
They have a whole section for Middle East rumors, lol...:X

SirZubair
06-01-2008, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
They have a whole section for Middle East rumors, lol...:X
Goes to show huh.... :omg:

aadil77
06-01-2008, 11:26 AM
lol :D so they actually have this on their site

Snowflake
06-01-2008, 11:57 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Coca Cola

On Tuesday February 19th 2002, Coca-Cola helped through a partnership with the University of Minnesota, fund a pro-Israel propaganda lecture given by Linda Gradstein. The event was cosponsored by zionist organizations like Friends of Israel, and National Hillel.

http://inminds.co.uk/boycott-israel.html

Any comments?

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

Ninth_Scribe
06-01-2008, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
Welcome to the cyber world. Anyone can type anything and get away. Long time ago someone send me an email which said in Quran there was a verse about Osama Bin Ladin and Usa. Ofcourse, This is false someone decided to fake something so sinful.
Yes, I think people "see" what they like when they're duly motivated. I'm still circling this one hadith in which Kaab al Ahbar is said to have counted the days to the Caliph Omar's death. Kaab al Ahbar's writings are at the very core of my studies, but in all the records I've found, none of them name him as a phophet, yet he claims he saw the Caliph's death in the Torah. That man has landed me right in the center of some very serious religious cross-fire and it has taken me almost nine years to fully work it out without bringing the whole House down :phew

You write: Anyone can type anything and get away it.

Not really. One should take great care with the words they write because they can (and will) come back to haunt you ;)

The Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
The event was cosponsored by zionist organizations like Friends of Israel, and National Hillel.

Any comments?

wa alaikum asalam wr wb
Wow, I'd always thought the Hillel schools were reputable, in that they have allowed me the honor of religious debate concerning certain records. In other words, they've entertained and in some cases have even upheld my dispute of the interpretations of some of the records, such as Temurah 15b (among others).

Also, the Coca-Cola funding seems to be attached to the university, not Hillel directly. But it's something I'll certainly look into.

The Ninth Scribe

Snowflake
06-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi Ninth_Scribe,

I think there maybe more info on the link in my post. But do let us know what you find. Tnx.

SirZubair
06-01-2008, 06:26 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Coca Cola

On Tuesday February 19th 2002, Coca-Cola helped through a partnership with the University of Minnesota, fund a pro-Israel propaganda lecture given by Linda Gradstein. The event was cosponsored by zionist organizations like Friends of Israel, and National Hillel.

Any comments?

wa alaikum asalam wr wb
As i said in my original post :

On the other hand, if they say "Buy Mecca Cola instead of coke because Coke donates money to the illegal state of israel", i won't argue with them. But to SPREAD the TRUTH by slapping a LIE on top of the TRUTH does the truth no Justice. Remember that next time, Insha'allah.
but i hope you still don't believe the whole "La mecca La muhammed" rumour, as you did in the other 'Coke' thread. :X

crayon
06-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Any comments?
Coca Cola supports Israel, yes. Coca Cola did not design it's logo to be read as "no Allah no Muhammad" backwards, it doesn't have alcohol in it, it doesn't have any traces of pork. If you're going to boycott it, do it for reasons based on fact, not urban legends spread by people who think they're doing good. I think that's what this whole thread is about..

SirZubair
06-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Coca Cola supports Israel, yes. Coca Cola did not design it's logo to be read as "no Allah no Muhammad" backwards, it doesn't have alcohol in it, it doesn't have any traces of pork. If you're going to boycott it, do it for reasons based on fact, not urban legends spread by people who think they're doing good. I think that's what this whole thread is about..
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Snowflake
06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

but i hope you still don't believe the whole "La mecca La muhammed" rumour, as you did in the other 'Coke' thread.
lol, I can't for sure say I don't believe it. But neither can I say anymore that I believe it. So I'm in doubt. Let's say even if it doesn't but.........
(continued below)

....... you still agree that Coca Cola supports Israel.

I never claimed it contains haram ingredients. Like so many other people, I'd never have thought that a soft drink could be haram ingredient-wise. It was initially my concern/belief about the logo and their support of Israel that led me to boycott them.

However The following are not true of Cola Cola...

HOAX NEWS

Fuji "map with no Israel" hoax [ April 28 2002 ]
http://inminds.co.uk/boycott-news-0036.html

Is PEPSI is an abbreviation of "Pay Every Penny to Save Israel"?
http://inminds.co.uk/boycott-news-0024.html

Coca Cola Advert on the "Dome of the Rock" Hoax
http://inminds.co.uk/boycott-news-0080.html

'729' Barcode of Israel ?
http://inminds.co.uk/boycott-news-0073.html

I was wrong to say that the purchasing of coca cola is 'haram'. But obviously by that I meant the financial contribution to Israeli supporters - which again doesn't make it haram, since as someone pointed out that the Prophet (PBUH) traded with Jews and Polytheists.

However, I as a muslim do not want to put my hand into something that is linked to the suffering of the Ummah. Surely that is better, right? Mustahabb? Don't forget, in the Prophet's times, muslims had the strength of imaan to fight the kuffar and needed not to weaken them financially to resist their attacks on Islam and muslims. But that is not the case today. If we can make a difference, by weakening their finance of warfare, then we can from wherever we are in the world, help the Ummah. It kills me to think that it is our money which goes toward the bullets they put into a muslims body. That's enough for me.

So the next time you pour yourselves a glass of coke contemplate whether you have contributed to the loss of a muslim life.

As it happened in the 'Is Coke harram' thread, I will now withdraw from engaging in further arguement - since it's up to each person to do what they want. For that reason I'm out.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Souljette
06-02-2008, 10:43 AM

To the thread starter I TOTALLY agree with what you are saying..I hate people sending me those messages and saying forward it or you'll die.i mean you'll have bad luck..I just get annoyed..sending me an email for me to benefit from it is something while warning me..that's just a turn-off from reading anything..Yes i agree when i was younger i read these emails and if it was amazing or shocking i would forward it but now i read them carefully think about it and after alongg time email certain people..We really do need to think before we do anything which even includes transferring false beliefs. So. Jazakallah Khair for the reminder and post bro.

Fishman
06-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Why would somebody who makes fizzy drinks support Israel, or Palestine for that matter? They might give money to charities and 'peace' conferences in both countries, but taking sides is just silly if you are a multinational company that tries to attract as big a market as possible.

Israelis actually think that Coke is anti-Israel, because they closed all their factories there and left the Palestinian ones open, persumably because of bad business.

north_malaysian
06-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Boycott Coca-Cola -- Let This Company Know That You Condemn Its Participation In Anti-Semitism March 15, 2007 Print | Email
Update April 19, 2007:

ZOA Spurs Coca-Cola To Address Plight Of Jews Whose Property Was Stolen By Egypt

ZOA Action Alert:

Coca-Cola has been occupying and reaping the benefits from stolen property in Egypt -- property that was stolen from its Jewish owners, the Bigio family, by the Egyptian government. When the Bigios learned about Coca-Cola's plan to acquire an interest in their property, they repeatedly asked Coca-Cola to do the right thing and compensate them for their loss. But Coca-Cola has never offered them a penny. (For more details, see the ZOA's press release on March 9, 2007.)

Coca-Cola should be ashamed of its unfair and immoral conduct. The Company holds itself out as "more than a beverage company" -- it's a "corporate citizen of the world" that's supposed to "act in every instance with honesty, integrity, accountability and respect." Coca-Cola tells its employees to "never engage in behavior that harms the reputation of the Company. If you wouldn't want to tell your parents or your children about your action -- or wouldn't want to read about it in a newspaper -- don't do it."

Then why is the "Coca-Cola Bottling Companies of Egypt"
operating on the property of Jewish victims of anti-Semitism?
Please Take Three Simple Steps To Get Coca-Cola To
Live Up To Its Own Credo And Compensate The Bigios For Their Loss.

1. Tell Coca-Cola That You Don't Support Companies That Participate In And Benefit From Anti-Semitism.

Write to: E. Neville Isdell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
The Coca-Cola Company
P.O. Box 1734
Atlanta, GA 30301
and/or e-mail Coca-Cola at:
www.CokeFeedback.com and crreview@na.ko.com
and/or call Coca-Cola at: 1-800-GET COKE (438-2653)

Sample message:
Dear Mr. Isdell,
I condemn Coca-Cola's treatment of the Bigio family, whose property was stolen from them by the Egyptian government in 1962, in a campaign of anti-Semitism. Knowing this, Coca-Cola nevertheless acquired an interest in the Bigios' property -- which is now being occupied by the "Coca-Cola Bottling Companies of Egypt" -- and has refused to compensate the Bigios for their loss.

I will not buy Coca-Cola products until you right the wrong that's been perpetrated against the Bigio family. No company that prides itself on a reputation of honesty, integrity, accountability and respect, should be participating and benefiting from anti-Semitism.
2. Boycott Coca-Cola Products! There are many, including A&W, Bacardi Mixers, Canada Dry, Crush, Dasani, Dannon, Dr. Pepper, Fanta, Fresca, Fruitopia, Hi-C, Horizon, Joy, Minute Maid, Nescafe, Nestea, Nature's Own, Schweppes, Seagrams, Sprite and TaB. For a complete list, go to http://www.thecoca-company.com/brands/brandlist.html.

3. Forward This Action Alert To Everyone You Know!
Your Activism Will Send A Message That Decent And Fair-Minded People Won't Stand Idly By When Companies Act With Impunity Against Innocent People.

The Zionist Organization of America, founded in 1897, is the oldest pro-Israel organization in the United States. The ZOA works to strengthen U.S.-Israel relations, educates the American public and Congress about the dangers that Israel faces, and combats anti-Israel bias in the media and on college campuses. Its past presidents have included Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis and Rabbi Dr. Abba Hillel Silver.

Source: http://www.zoa.org/sitedocuments/act...ionalertID=405

Woodrow
06-03-2008, 03:20 AM
The basic message being:

If you are going to boycott any company, do it for specified verifiable reasons. Not because of urban legends or personal desires.

A paradoxical thought. Based on Brother NM's post, boycotting Coca-Cola could be seen as supporting Israel.

Learn the true facts before acting and once you have verified the truth, ACT.

But, in all instance learn the facts and not rely on the word of friends, relatives, "authorities".

Pk_#2
06-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Yes, I've seen it - Abu Abdullah/Talha/Iqram. *cough*

Muezzin
06-06-2008, 08:20 AM
You know what the problem is with these rumours? They're not cool enough.

Rather than saying things like 'Coca Cola contains pig buttocks' why don't they say something like 'Coca Cola contains mind-altering nanomachines that will transform the human race into flesh-eating zombies'? If you're going to lie, might as well lie with style.

But in all seriousness, good thread.

north_malaysian
06-06-2008, 08:25 AM
The Muslims are calling Coca Cola as pro-Zionist and the Zionists are calling Coca Cola as Anti-Semitic and both group want to boycott coca cola...

Maybe all these rumours are started by Pepsi?:exhausted

SirZubair
06-08-2008, 06:33 PM
I've been thinking,... and i think i've come to realise HOW they came to the conclusion that Coke contains the same bacteria as the bacteria inside the stomach of a Pig..

...Pigs can eat an entire human body within a week. I mean Flesh, internals, bones,.. the whole lot. And they'll also disgest it as if they ate a lettuce.

Now on the other hand, if you put a BONE in a glass of coke, it will start to 'fade' away, it will deterioate slowly, it will be 'eaten away' in other words.

So, in other words, the BACTERIA is the same as the 1 insie of a pigs stomach! Omg!

:D

Anyway,.. i am too bored at 6.32am...

Woodrow
06-09-2008, 03:30 AM
I've been thinking,... and i think i've come to realise HOW they came to the conclusion that Coke contains the same bacteria as the bacteria inside the stomach of a Pig..

...Pigs can eat an entire human body within a week. I mean Flesh, internals, bones,.. the whole lot. And they'll also disgest it as if they ate a lettuce.

Now on the other hand, if you put a BONE in a glass of coke, it will start to 'fade' away, it will deterioate slowly, it will be 'eaten away' in other words.

So, in other words, the BACTERIA is the same as the 1 insie of a pigs stomach! Omg!

:D

Anyway,.. i am too bored at 6.32am...
That is a valid reason to drink more coke.

Stop and think if you drink enough coke you would be able to eat hard boiled eggs without peeling, shelling them. You would not have to worry about fish bones any more either. Another plus, by drinking enough coke you could get your daily iron requirement just by swallowing a few nails.

the wonderful values of coke. imagine being able to cut down on your food bill by being able to eat sand, rocks and rusty car parts, if you drink enough coke.

Buy more coke, reduce your food bill, plus it also works for cleaning paint brushes, cleaning toilet bowls and provides jobs for dentists.

Malaikah
06-09-2008, 04:11 AM
Ew!!! I expect my coke to be a 100% sterile, thanks!

north_malaysian
06-09-2008, 05:05 AM
Buy more coke, reduce your food bill, plus it also works for cleaning paint brushes, cleaning toilet bowls and provides jobs for dentists.
whoa!!! is it for real?:?

Woodrow
06-09-2008, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

About as real as any propaganda nonsense. But, it actually does clean toilet bowls.

I am not certain about all paint brushes with all paints but back in my art days I used it to clean my brushs I used for egg tempera painting.

I do not reccommend using it for any of the other purposes I mentioned in my "rumor"

sevgi
06-09-2008, 05:42 AM
salams

while reading the bro zubairs first thread..i wished there was a halal way to do a HI5..

bro..you have captured my thoughts exactly...when people tell me that doritos and smiths are haram..i feel like eating more and more of them...im sick of "...the packet doesnt say it..bt trust me..it has blah in it..they just dont have to write it coz its less than 2%"

i have a few stories to tell:

1) i live in a system religious boarding houses..u are randomly allocated to houses filled with girls u dont agree with. its annoying..bt for Allahs sake..its cool.

one day, i came home..i opened the oven and found a plate of apples. i laughed and said "ok..i know u girls are weird..bt why are the apples in the oven" (the oven wasnt turned on).

the rest of the dialogue went a lil like this:

-"oh sevgi dont you dare eat them!!"
-"why man..?"
-"aparently they glaze apples with pork fat so they shine more...and these ones tasted a lil weird"
-"oh!..ok...i understand.."

(after a lot of irrational argumentation)

(sevgi starts eating apple)

2.my second story makes me angry.

one of the girls i live with....sweet girl...boycotts anything jewish..

i think thats stupid..bt anyways...we live in the west...run away as much as you can...lol..we went to a eat in restaurant thing...she didnt want coke or lemonade..so ordered a mount franklin...i couldnt hold back the laughs.

on a more serious note...:

she doesnt use the washing powder we buy..i dnt care if OMO is jewish..its bloody good! well, anyways..she buys her own stuff..and so doesnt always have an ample supply...so cant always wash her clothes...

now tell me..whats better...ur feet stinking coz u wear socks all day everyday...and cant wash em regularly...and having a pile of dirty clothes in ur room...or smelling like a jewish product??? mate..one of them is against islam..guess which one..

furthermore..we went on a camp with these girls..and this particular jew product boycotting girl didnt eat a thing coz aparantly all we bought was jewish stuff...can we help it? dude..if its halal..im buying it...anyways..

she got so sick..excuse me but, forget not being able to do no. 2 in the toilet..she couldnt do no. 1...she was in pain etc...and my frend who is a nurse grabbed her..chucked her in the toilet and said try ur best or im gna shove food down ur throat...and my boycotting frend started lying...saying "i did it i swear.." and my nurse frend was like "dnt flush im gna check!" (shes a nurse..she sees a lot) and my other frend didnt let..she was lying...and then we had to call the doctor..and the doctor said..."she has to eat.."

ok..now that ive told u those stories...people..theres no need to be obsessive..its good to be weary..but...i mean..whats worse...not eating jewish stuff...or harming ur body and lying??

yes..people like this exist..everywhere...i think its stupid.

sevgi
06-09-2008, 05:44 AM
That is a valid reason to drink more coke.

Stop and think if you drink enough coke you would be able to eat hard boiled eggs without peeling, shelling them. You would not have to worry about fish bones any more either. Another plus, by drinking enough coke you could get your daily iron requirement just by swallowing a few nails.

the wonderful values of coke. imagine being able to cut down on your food bill by being able to eat sand, rocks and rusty car parts, if you drink enough coke.

and by the by,,

israf is haraam...why waste all the nutritionous car parts when u can eat it all up..nom nom..

iron deficiency??? not anymore...:P

SirZubair
06-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Muslims in America have no choice really, do they? Regardless of what products they boycott, at the end of the year they still have to pay Tax. And where does the tax money end up?

Exactly.

Woodrow
06-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Muslims in America have no choice really, do they? Regardless of what products they boycott, at the end of the year they still have to pay Tax. And where does the tax money end up?

Exactly.

True.

Also there is another thing over looked. In todays world of giant international corporations and products being manufactured from either imported products or shipped by foreign vessels/aircraft etc. Unless you live in an Islamic country, buy products that are completly produced within your country and pay no taxes to anybody, some of the money you spend will be going to a non-Islamic or haram purpose.

No matter where you live, any product you use can be traced to having come from a source outside your country, either the entire product or components used to make it.

Even a simple loaf of bread made in your own house by your own mother or wife or yourself.
Where did the wheat used to make the flour come from?
Nearly all of the wheat grown in the world comes from either the USA or Canada, a large portion of the rest comes from Russia.

You eat rice I assume, how many rice patties are in your country, where did the rice come from? What company owned the ship it came to your country on?

How about the car you ride in, the typical automobile is made of components from over 100 different countries.

A person could go crazy if they listen to all of the propaganda and believed it.

We do need to be cautious, but at the same time we must follow reason and be certain we are not deliberatly doing any haram action ourselves.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-09-2008, 02:30 PM
this is now the FOURTH time i have attempted to read this post and i stopped half way through!

broooo plz be short and concise :'( !!!!!

buut, yeah rumours needs to be stopped !! (i think thats what your saying) :D

sevgi
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
this is now the FOURTH time i have attempted to read this post and i stopped half way through!

buut, yeah rumours needs to be stopped !! (i think thats what your saying) :D
tsk tsk..

you have become lazy...

and ur telling others to follow suit...

tsk tsk...

read some of the other posts and u'll catch the drift inshallah...

Fishman
06-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Coke is not as acidic as most people think. The stomach acid that is inside our bodies all the time is much stronger, in fact we get heartburn if it leaves the stomach.

barrio79
06-09-2008, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Yes cola is a most useful cleaning agent

SirZubair
07-01-2008, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Anything for you bro!

"Coke is not haram, and those that claim that it contains such and such things are sheep who follow a crowd of people who continue to chant "Haram haram haram" because they are trying to form a 'unity' between the muslims over petty lies"

Hows that? ha ha..

Al-Zaara
07-01-2008, 07:56 PM
*reads first post*

AH! The horror! :omg:

*starts writing an hate-mail, calling Zubair an Zionist etcetc*

Just kidding. Good thread, mashaAllah. :D So good to see you online, by the way. Though I do watch every step you take on MV... Hehe.. No, not really. *somewhat stalker*

SirZubair
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Ha ha ha ha,.. believe it or not, there are people out there who have said bad things behind my back recently,.. inside of mosques!

Al-Zaara
07-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Ha ha ha ha,.. believe it or not, there are people out there who have said bad things behind my back recently,.. inside of mosques!
May Allah subahan we ta'ala forgive their and our sins, inshaAllah, and grant us the mercy to find love and excuses for one another, aswell as having faith in the good of our fellow Muslims. Amiin!

SirZubair
07-01-2008, 08:10 PM
I'll tell you whats most disturbing.

My article was posted in the mosque on a thursday.

It was up there until after Friday/Jumuoh prayers.

Then someone removed it, obviously it wasn't their cup of tea.

I didn't care, i had done my part.

I returned to the mosque the next day only to find MORE lies on the board.

"Fatwa from saudi,.. don't write "MOHD",.. don't write "MECCA"..

suffiyan007
07-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Asalam alaikum,

Here is a thought, how about we as a Ummah do something good for a change? :-P Hate to admit it, but there aren't many good things happening around the world these days, as i am sure you are all aware.

Having said that, does that justify the wrong actions of millions of muslims? Are we as muslims, encouraged by the Quran kareem, by the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw) to spread lies? The obvious answer is No. Am i correct, or not?

So why is it that every year, 1 or 2 rumors are recycled? For example.... "Coke is haram because it contains alcohol" "Coke is haram because it contains pig" "Coke is haram because it contains cocain".."If you turn the Logo "Coke cola" around it says "La mecca la muhammed" which means "NO MECCA NO MUHAMMED"...

Its nothing to smile about, or laugh about. As i've heard Shaykh Hamza Yusuf quote in 1 of his lectures "It is the worst of things that make us laugh"

If someone says "Coke is bad for your health", i would nominate that person for an award. But those out there who continue to spread such rumors need to think before they forward emails, or post in forums.

People think "I will be doing the ummah a favour by spreading this information, i will be doing my duty as a muslim". I am sure those brothers and sisters are being SINCERE when spreading such emails. But being sincere isnt everything at times, especially in this time and age when you have SHAYKH GOOGLE. By punching in keywords such as "Coke Haram Pork" "Coke Haram Alcohol" you can find refutations of such claims all over the internet.

Coke isn't the only victim, there is a rumor out there that 'Pepsi' means "Pay every penny (to the) State (of) Israel"

How pathetic is that?

What i've noticed recently is that those very muslims who have told me recently that "Coke and pepsi are haram" are drinking 'Fanta' 'L&P' 'Sprite', which is all made by the same company. How is that for blindly following a propoganda?

There are those out there who will spread such emails and end it with a 'Cheering support for Mecca Cola'. How different is 'Mecca Cola' to all those other Drinks? If you drop a nail in a glass of coke, it will rust, Right? If you drop a nail in a glass of mecca cola, will it turn to gold? No it will not. You need to get your head checked if your answer was "Yes" to that question... :-P

Do not get me wrong brothers and sisters, this post is not in any support of Coke or Pepsi or any other american Product. Before any1 starts emailing me hate mails calling me a "Zionist", please think twice. lol. My point is pretty clear.

We, as an Ummah, cannot afford to sit around toasting marshmallow over ashs. Stop posting rubbish in forums. Stop emailing such rubbish to others. Stop promising them that if they pass the message on to "20 people, Allah will answer your prayers in 2 hours", while you may think you are doing your bit for the ummah, you are stepping into a "NO ENTRY" zone, which is Allahs Qa'da and Qa'dar, which Allah (swt) has knowledge over, not you or I.

Do something more useful with your time. Do something which will benefit the Ummah. Go plant some trees. Help your parents around the house. Go clean the local mosque - clean the windows, brush the carpark with a broom, etc.

There is so much to be done. So lets stop wasting our energy on spreading useless information which will benefit no-one.

"Unity based on falsehood" is a message that our Prophet (saw) didn't convey to us. For us to be conveying lies to our friends, family, random people (by posting such lies in places such as our MOSQUES) is a disgrace, it is a stain on the pure whiteness that our Religon is founded on.

So please, Think before you email/post on forums in the future. Remember, Shaykh Google. And when that fails, use your Aql. Allah swt asks us in the Quran "Do you not use your intellect?"

Insha'allah, All that i have said above is a reminder for myself before anyone else. If you sensed any self righteousness in the above post, then please Pray to Allah swt for my forgivness.

Insha'allah, i pray that anyone who reads this may reflect on it and benefit from it.

Wa'salaam.

- Zuber
Dear Zubair,

I had hear about this case...actually drinking a soft drink is Haram...
why is haram...lotsa cold drink will lead to diabetes...so lotsa health problem..
plus in my country lotsa muslim drinking "Coke"....the soft drink is creation of Al-yahud...JEwS...! people drinking this making jews happy....i see in book of Halal/haram that coke is haram....but still people drink it...i adviced them no one listen....i agreed your thought...perhap i dont drink soft drink i more to like hot drink like chinese tea,coffee,lipton tea and etc...beneficial for health...!

James1992
07-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Anti islam propoganda is something sadly i have become used to seeing and hearing..

Musaafirah
07-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Thank you most kindly for the thread!

Al-Zaara
07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I'll tell you whats most disturbing.

My article was posted in the mosque on a thursday.

It was up there until after Friday/Jumuoh prayers.

Then someone removed it, obviously it wasn't their cup of tea.

I didn't care, i had done my part.

I returned to the mosque the next day only to find MORE lies on the board.

"Fatwa from saudi,.. don't write "MOHD",.. don't write "MECCA"..
Huh?? What's meant with 'don't write MOHD and MECCA'? Can you elaborate..?

I'm glad I don't have to deal with stuff like this in our mosque. Elhamdulillah.

crayon
07-01-2008, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
Dear Zubair,

why is haram...lotsa cold drink will lead to diabetes...so lotsa health problem..
plus in my country lotsa muslim drinking "Coke"....the soft drink is creation of Al-yahud...JEwS...! people drinking this making jews happy....i see in book of Halal/haram that coke is haram....but still people drink it...i adviced them no one listen....i agreed your thought...perhap i dont drink soft drink i more to like hot drink like chinese tea,coffee,lipton tea and etc...beneficial for health...!
Did you even read the first post?

James1992
07-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Obviousley Not...

suffiyan007
07-01-2008, 08:41 PM
yes i read....that coca cola mean...addressed No muhammad no mecca...is jews trick!

suffiyan007
07-01-2008, 08:43 PM
i know this case before zubair post this thread!

SirZubair
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Huh?? What's meant with 'don't write MOHD and MECCA'? Can you elaborate..?

I'm glad I don't have to deal with stuff like this in our mosque. Elhamdulillah.
Well, there are people out there who write "Mohd" in short for "Muhammed". There are millions of people out there with the surname of "Mohammed/Muhammed", and they spell "Mohd" when they quickly spell their surnames, i do too in my signature. A "Fatwa from saudi" has been issued saying "To spell MUHD/MOHD is haram, because MUHD/MOHD means "DoG with loud mouth" And to spell Mecca instead of Makka is haram, MECCA means "House of wines.."

..along with other lies.

I am sure i've read those lies on this forum in the past, and on many other forums.

Dear Zubair,

Did you even read my post? I know you QUOTED my post,.. but did you read it? Or did you just read the keywords such as "Coke" "Haram"...?

Did you even read the first post?
I don't think he did..

yes i read....that coca cola mean...addressed No muhammad no mecca...is jews trick!
Brother Suffiyan,.. Jews don't own Coca Cola Ltd.

Keltoi
07-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Isn't it also kind of a strange concept to say "Jews own Coca Cola" anyway? Did all the "Jews" get together and decide to establish a worldwide softdrink giant in order to put a coded message on the can? ....

anatolian
07-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Now, does coca cola support Israel or not?

SirZubair
07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Now, does coca cola support Israel or not?
In an effort to rally Arab boycotts against The Coca-Cola Company and other American companies, many variations of a rumor exist claiming that our company provides financial support to Israel. One widely circulated rumor claims NBC reported that Coca-Cola had announced it would donate four days' profits to Israel.
Our Response: This information is not true, but has been circulated by ill-informed or ill-intentioned third parties. The Coca-Cola Company is not political, and does not support individual countries, governments or political or religious causes.

The Coca-Cola Company and its bottling partners operate worldwide in more than 200 countries. While The Coca-Cola Company is a global company, the Coca-Cola business in each country is a local business. Coca-Cola beverages are produced, sold and distributed by authorized local bottling partners, who own and operate bottling plants and sales/distribution centers, employing many local citizens.
http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/c...st_israel.html

Which is why i have made some alterations to my article, insha'allah i will post the new article in a minute.

SirZubair
07-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Asalam alaikum, I pray that this timely reminder reaches you in the highest state of Iman and Health.

Brothers/Sisters, A scandal has recently taken place in our Mosques and it’s about time it was addressed. Lies have been spread in our mosques, right under our noses, and we as an Ummah failed to address it as we should have. Are we as Muslims, encouraged by the Quran, by the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw) to spread lies? The obvious answer is No. Am I correct, or not?

So why is it that every year, the same rumours are recycled? For example "Coke is Haram because it contains alcohol" "Coke is Haram because it contains bacteria from the stomach of a pig" "Coke is Haram because it contains cocaine" "If you turn the Logo "Coke cola" around it says "La Mecca la Muhammed” which means "NO MECCA NO MUHAMMED"

I am sure you have all come across one of those at least once or twice, if not all. These rumours have been around since before 1991, sadly though it seems we have become none the wiser.

Its nothing to smile about, or laugh about. As I've heard Shaykh Hamza Yusuf quote in 1 of his lectures "It is the worst of things that make us laugh"

People think "I will be doing the Ummah a favour by spreading this information,
I will be doing my duty as a Muslim". I am sure those brothers and sisters are being SINCERE when spreading such emails. But being sincere isn’t everything at times, especially in this time and age when you have SHAYKH GOOGLE. By punching in keywords such as "Coke Pork Haram" "Coke Alcohol Haram" you can find refutations of such claims all over the internet.

There are those out there who will spread such emails and end it with a 'Cheering support for Mecca Cola'. How different is 'Mecca Cola' to all those other Drinks? If you drop a nail in a glass of coke, it will rust, Right? If you drop a nail in a glass of Mecca cola, will it turn to gold?

If someone emails you “Coke is bad for your health”, there is nothing to argue with. But those out there, who pass around lies such as those I have stated above, it is OUR responsibility to correct them.

To SPREAD the TRUTH by slapping a LIE on top of the TRUTH does the truth no Justice. Remember that next time, Insha'allah.

Do not get me wrong Brothers and Sisters, this post is not in any support of Coke or Pepsi or any other American Product. Before anyone starts emailing me hate mails calling me a "Zionist", please think twice. My point is pretty clear.

We, as an Ummah, cannot afford to sit around toasting marshmallow over ashes. Stop posting rubbish in forums. Stop emailing such rubbish to others. Stop promising them that if they pass the message on to "Twenty people, Allah will answer your prayers in Two hours", while you may think you are doing your bit for the Ummah, you are stepping into a "NO ENTRY" zone, which is Allahs Qa'da and Qa'dar, which Allah (swt) has knowledge over, not you or I.

Coke isn't the only victim, there is a rumour out there that 'Pepsi' means "Pay every penny (to the) State (of) Israel" and also “Pay Every Penny, Save Israel”.

Why are we wasting our time spreading lies? Join a Sufi tariqa, learn about Purification of the heart, how to control ones Naffs. Join your local Tabligh Jamat brothers and engage in Active Dawah. Do something useful with your time, Insha’allah. Do something which will benefit the Ummah. Go plant some trees. Help your parents around the house. Go clean the local mosque - clean the windows, brush the car park, vacuum the mosque carpet.

"Unity based on falsehood" is a message that our Prophet (saw) didn't convey to us. For us to be conveying lies to our friends, family, random people (by posting such lies in places such as our MOSQUES) is a disgrace, it is a stain on the pure whiteness that our Religion is founded on. We are sinking to an all time low by spreading lies inside our mosques. Insha’allah lets refrain from such tactics in the future.

When all else fails, use your AQL. “Will you not use your intellect?” (Surat al-Anbiya': 65-67)

Islam is a RELIGION of TRUTH and JUSTICE, Islam is not a TRIBE. We, as MUSLIMS have to RE-LEARN the basics of our Religion it seems, if we have a hard time telling the truth. Speak the truth always, otherwise we are Hypocrites when we recite "Guide us on the straight path" (Quran 1:6)

Insha'allah, All that I have said above is a reminder for myself before anyone else. If you sensed any self righteousness in the above post, please forgive me and also remember me in your prayers. Prayer is the weapon of the believer.

Insha’allah I pray that All who have read this article benefit from it, and those who you fwd it to will insha’allah benefit from it. Ameen.

Jazakallah/Jazakillah for your time brothers/sisters.

Wa'salaam.

- Zuber Mohammed

Eeman
07-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Asalam alaikum,

How pathetic is that?

Wa'salaam.

- Zuber
dear bro
i soooooooo agree with you..

lolllllll :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie loved the shaykh google one... funny!!!
love google its my best friend never fails to help me out finding things.

i know what you mean about those forward emails, they annoy the hell out of me, the endings was always the killer!
if you dont send it to so many people you'll have bad luck for 7 years,
if you say this or that your prayer will be answered.

how can these people that start these emails and write them even put such an absurd thing like that in the end,
i mean one good thing they are doing as a brother or sister spreading the message around and reminding us, then they go and ruin it in the end by claiming to have Godly powers to know what will happen if we dont do what they ask s or do what they ask us.

why cant the just instead write: dear brothers and sisters please help us spread this message and reminder around to the fellow brothers and sisters of our ummah, and i pray that Insha'Allah Allah swt multiplies your rewards for doing so.

SirZubair
07-02-2008, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
dear bro
i soooooooo agree with you..

lolllllll :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie loved the shaykh google one... funny!!!
love google its my best friend never fails to help me out finding things.

i know what you mean about those forward emails, they annoy the hell out of me, the endings was always the killer!
if you dont send it to so many people you'll have bad luck for 7 years,
if you say this or that your prayer will be answered.

how can these people that start these emails and write them even put such an absurd thing like that in the end,
i mean one good thing they are doing as a brother or sister spreading the message around and reminding us, then they go and ruin it in the end by claiming to have Godly powers to know what will happen if we dont do what they ask s or do what they ask us.

why cant the just instead write: dear brothers and sisters please help us spread this message and reminder around to the fellow brothers and sisters of our ummah, and i pray that Insha'Allah Allah swt multiplies your rewards for doing so.
In all honesty, i think most of those who Spread such emails (not those that START such emails..) don't even read what they Fwd. They just see keywords such as "Haram" "Islam" "Kaffir" "Jews" and straightaway jump onto the "Fwd" button to fullfill their 'Islamic Duty' of spreading the 'knowledge'.

Kheir, we can all do our bit. Spread the message out in your mosques, or simply copy/paste the article and fwd it to others, insha'allah.

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 10:19 AM
people mocking you on your dakwah or explaination about coke...! called u a zionist...are they mAd?

SirZubair
07-02-2008, 06:23 PM
people mocking you on your dakwah or explaination about coke...! called u a zionist...are they mAd?
Just read the article bro..:rollseyes

Musaafirah
07-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Ooh lala, I guess your point has been proven Zubair..
I used to get so many forwards before..The thing that thoroughly annoyed me was the fact that the forwards were most likely to be from people I knew who weren't so religioucly inclined..and yeah the ending was always something about passing it on otherwise I'd rot you know where..
What annoyed me even more, was the fact that because it had already been forwarded by so many other people it was assumed to be absolutely 100% accurate AND true..Arrghh

Still..I doubt this article'll stop people spreading 4wards..
HEY! How about forwarding THIS article of yours? Surely it'll get around like wildfire coz of the keywords?

aadil77
07-03-2008, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Ooh lala, I guess your point has been proven Zubair..
I used to get so many forwards before..The thing that thoroughly annoyed me was the fact that the forwards were most likely to be from people I knew who weren't so religioucly inclined..and yeah the ending was always something about passing it on otherwise I'd rot you know where..
What annoyed me even more, was the fact that because it had already been forwarded by so many other people it was assumed to be absolutely 100% accurate AND true..Arrghh

Still..I doubt this article'll stop people spreading 4wards..
HEY! How about forwarding THIS article of yours? Surely it'll get around like wildfire coz of the keywords?
yh can't stand that kind of crap:enough!:, emails saying i'll die in ten days if i don't forward this ****:raging:

SirZubair
07-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Alhumdulilah!

The First/Oldest mosque in NewZealand (Ponsonby Mosque) now displays my article on their notice board. "Do not remove this article off the board - By order of Feroz Patel" it says, from what i've been told. Alhumdulilah.

Finally, a mosque which is willing to display my article and remove the lies that someone had originally posted on the board. Now i am waiting for the other 20+ Mosques throughout Nz to do the same.

Insha'allah 1 day..

James1992
07-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes Totally Agree...

SirZubair
04-09-2009, 06:51 PM
*bump* :)

Musaafirah
04-09-2009, 07:25 PM
So did you forward your article?
If so, what was the response?
If not, why not?

Zafran
04-09-2009, 08:20 PM
salaam

lol - wow the rumours went so far that Coca Cola had to make a section on it. :D

May Allah protect us from lies and rumours.

peace

Yanal
04-09-2009, 11:38 PM
I don't know about this,as you said it could be a rumour and there is no mention of this in the Quran and how sure are we that it is? These things create doubt in our minds,doubts lead to bad deeds,bad deeds lead to hell.

We should stick to the Quran and what it says and will not tolerate rumours.Should be our motto.

rpwelton
04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I believe it's a combination of intentional deception on the part of Muslims AND a severe lack of knowledge (both fiqh and otherwise). A little bit of knowledge is extremely dangerous; we need to become more educated as an ummah about the matters of our deen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.